Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"  Empty Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"

Post by Grammarianna Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:52 pm

Throughout her season, Kaitlyn seemed to be a different kind of bachelorette.  One who called the shots, who asserted her personality, who wasn't afraid to break out of the Disney fairy tale princess mode that previous Bachelorette seasons seem all too eager to promote.

And then she blogs this:

"I believe that Shawn is the person I am supposed to be with— it’s soul mates, true love, ‘only-see-it-in-the-movies’ type of stuff. It wasn’t an accident that my best friend made me go on that show, it’s not an accident that Chris Soules didn’t see me as his wife, and it wasn’t an accident that Shawn’s sister saw him with someone like me and told him to risk it. I truly believe we were meant to meet, and be together forever.
We lived in different countries and the only way the universe could get us together, was to go on a crazy adventure on a reality tv show. And I have never felt more confident about anything in my whole life."
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"  Empty Re: Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"

Post by Grammarianna Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:54 pm

Good to know she's feeling confident about the long-term chances of her TV relationship.

What do you think?  Is she a different breed of bachelorette, or is she prone to all the same pitfalls as her predecessors?
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"  Empty Re: Wow - Kaitlyn positively gushing about her Bachelorette "journey"

Post by WidderWoman4 Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:03 pm

Actually, despite her denials, I think it was an accident.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:56 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:Actually, despite her denials, I think it was an accident.

I agree.  I think she would be saying the same thing no matter which guy was the last one standing.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:39 am

My little gift to Kaitlyn . . . . . . . . . . . . . she could use them.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:58 am

They are still in the 'honeymoon' phase of their relationship....this too shall pass....
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:55 pm

Starz wrote:My little gift to Kaitlyn . . . . . . . . . . . . . she could use them.
Didn't anybody get this? Belle, WW?? And here I thought it was so funny. Sad

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:12 pm

Dots?  I don't get it.  Scratch

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:22 pm

They are periods to be used in her running on and on sentences.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:52 pm

Starz wrote:They are periods to be used in her running on and on sentences.
Awwwwww . . . I'm sorry I missed that.  I thought you might be referring to a picture I didn't see.  Kaitlyn could use a lot of things, but then it's not our job to try and influence her--as if we could.

As to run on sentences, you gave me the chuckle of the day.  My fifth grade teacher, the famed, feared and beloved Miss Casola, had five very serious writing no-nos.  Two of them were sentence fragments and run on sentences.  (I think the other three were failure to begin a sentence with a capital letter, failure to end a sentence with a period, and forgetting to put your name on your paper.)  Violation of any of these rules would get you an "F" on your weekly composition.  I worshipped Miss Casola.  Whenever I hear the phrase, "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" I think of Miss Casola.

Last edited by Buckeye Belle on Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:04 pm

I am happy to give you a chuckle, Belle.
I also had wonderful teachers. Isn't it amazing how they stay with you forever.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:06 pm

Also from Kaitlyn -
We lived in different countries and the only way the universe could get us together, was to go on a crazy adventure on a reality tv show.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Starz wrote:Also from Kaitlyn -
We lived in different countries and the only way the universe could get us together, was to go on a crazy adventure on a reality tv show.
Did Kaitlyn write that?  Another rule from Miss Casola:  "Never separate the subject and predicate with a comma."

I hope I'm not in trouble pointing that out.  Embarassed

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:13 pm

Yes, the comma is wrong. So is the past tense of we "lived". They still do.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:34 pm

Starz wrote:
Starz wrote:My little gift to Kaitlyn . . . . . . . . . . . . . she could use them.
Didn't anybody get this? Belle, WW?? And here I thought it was so funny. Sad
Laughing Good one Starz
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:08 am

This is a hysterical discussion!!  Love it!!

Another thing I remember which was pounded into our heads:  Never end a sentence with a preposition (a proposition being another matter altogether - LOL).

I am tickled to be posting again with all you articulate folks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:34 am

Newto, are you saying a preposition is a word you shouldn't end a sentence with?
And by the way, if you split an infinitive you'll get to the end of the world in half the time.  (I made that up.)  Scared

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:28 am

Starz wrote:Also from Kaitlyn -

So glad the universe got to have a crazy reality show adventure.  Too bad Kaitlyn never managed it.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:29 am

Buckeye Belle wrote:Newto, are you saying a preposition is a word you shouldn't end a sentence with?

That is a situation up with which nobody should put.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:30 am

Buckeye Belle wrote:And by the way, if you split an infinitive you'll get to the end of the world in half the time.  (I made that up.)  Scared

Remember, they all eventually split on The Bachelor -- even infinitives.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Grammarianna wrote:
Buckeye Belle wrote:And by the way, if you split an infinitive you'll get to the end of the world in half the time.  (I made that up.)  Scared

Remember, they all eventually split on The Bachelor -- even infinitives.
Good one, Madame M!  Makes you think that a Bach engagement is the embodiment of a split infinitive!

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:27 pm

newto wrote:This is a hysterical discussion!!  Love it!!

Another thing I remember which was pounded into our heads:  Never end a sentence with a preposition (a proposition being another matter altogether - LOL).

I am tickled to be posting again with all you articulate folks.
Never end a sentence with a preposition
Gawd, I hate that! That is one of my biggest pet peeves and EVERYBODY does it these days; magazines, newspapers and newscasts, too.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by grandmamaof7 Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:44 pm

Soul mates? True love? How can it be when she was so quick to get between the sheets with Nick? I don't get it.

grandmamaof7

http://sunrisemon@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:15 am

Re:  the grammar discussion!!  Just love it!!!  Laughing

I was an English major and am a former editor and writer.  However, I admit to the sins of preposition endings and splitting infinitives......but only occasionally!!!!

I invite anyone who likes to play with words to our Word Games threads.  We have tons of fun over there exercising our brains.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top