Celebrity Wife Swap (Bachelorette/Bachelor)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap (Bachelorette/Bachelor) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap (Bachelorette/Bachelor)

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:19 pm

beardiedawg wrote:I actually liked Sean but from what I've seen with all the Bachelor/Ettes, being on other shows never shows them in a positive light and I then start to dislike them, usually even more.  It would be nice if they all stopped focusing on being a celebrity and focused on their marriages or looked for a normal relationship out of the spot light.
Wouldn't THAT be refreshing!

But this is Bach Nation and the Flesh-Master pimps out all his children.
This did not happen years ago. The lead and F1 made an appearance on Good Morning American the Tuesday after and that was it!  We never saw them again (as BN) unless they got a gig on their own talents. Jillian on HGTV, for instance.
Now each year it gets worse with Kaitlyn being the most over the top of all - until the next lead.

She and Shawn have been on GMA 4 times already, along with Trista and Ryan, to give them advice (gagging) and a Bach Reunion with assorted has-beens. Then there is Kimmel, Entertainment Tonight, E!, Kelly & Michael Live, The View, and more and more. I am sure they will have her on DWTS, too.

Of course, the Privileged Members of BN LOVE the fame, money and attention they receive - but it is primarily the franchise that is shoving them down our throats every chance they can. All it does is turn me off to them individually and BN in general.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap (Bachelorette/Bachelor) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celebrity Wife Swap (Bachelorette/Bachelor)

Post by singinintherain Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:24 pm

Welcome to the  BN's... version of "Hotel California."  Oh yeah, some....PTL in the same breath.
singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:33 pm

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/seanlowe/2015/07/5-things-you-wouldnt-know-about-me-if-you-only-watched-wife-swap/

Reading article now.  Is he lying or was it all for ratings sake?
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

There was no way that Wratherine could have been edited into Catherine's mouth.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:44 pm

Sean's defense was heavy-handed.  I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:50 am

You are correct there is no way that Wratherine was edited in. Despite that, I knew as soon as there was a mention of ironing the socks, that that was another one of Sean's jokes. It's unfortunate that the show had to try and drum up drama somewhere.

I thought the requirement to give up his vehicle when they aren't even expecting a child was a bit ridiculous as well.

With as thankful as Molly was to find out that Jason had waxed his chest, it made me think that it was somehow included in the household manual as Molly's wish. Pretty dumb, if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:39 am

Yeah, it was apparent that some of those things were far fetched, but I guess it was okay with Sean and Catherine because it was a paying gig. 

As they were filming this 'lighthearted narrative' as Sean called it, did he not think that it could backfire and him and Catherine catch flack for it? Was it okay that parts were lies until the backlash started? Either way, the Wratherine part I don't think was made up or Molly's reaction to it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:33 pm

Darn, I missed it.  I heard of Wife Swap but didn't know there's a Celebrity Wife Swap.  So when I heard a little bit of the promo, I searched for it on my DVR but couldn't find it because I searched for Wife Swap and not Celebrity Wife Swap.

I saw parts of it on the internet, though.  Sean seems like such a chauvinist, giving Catherine a to do list and expecting her to complete everything on it... including ironing his socks??  I agree it was ridiculous to make him trade in his car when kids aren't on the horizon.  I thought it was funny when he said people think of him as cool and that's one reason he didn't want to give up his car lol.

Maybe the whole episode will be posted on the internet someday.  Or does Celebrity Wife Swap have reruns often?
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:44 pm

The two year old daughter was annoying. However, maybe she was spooked by all of the cameras and strangers in her home. He mom had gone away and she was left with a strange woman when Catherine stayed over.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:49 pm

skt8word wrote:Darn, I missed it.  I heard of Wife Swap but didn't know there's a Celebrity Wife Swap.  So when I heard a little bit of the promo, I searched for it on my DVR but couldn't find it because I searched for Wife Swap and not Celebrity Wife Swap.

I saw parts of it on the internet, though.  Sean seems like such a chauvinist, giving Catherine a to do list and expecting her to complete everything on it... including ironing his socks??  I agree it was ridiculous to make him trade in his car when kids aren't on the horizon.  I thought it was funny when he said people think of him as cool and that's one reason he didn't want to give up his car lol.

Maybe the whole episode will be posted on the internet someday.  Or does Celebrity Wife Swap have reruns often?
They will probably show it again but you can watch it on ABC website a week after it airs.  I thought it was a good Celebrity Wife Swap because I was interested in the couples.  Usually I'm only half interested in the show.  I was surprised at what Sean expected of his wife.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Celebrity Wife Swap (Bachelorette/Bachelor) - Page 2 Empty I saw that Canandianfirl. BTW -----> HI

Post by 1MilitaryWifey Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 pm

XxCanadiangirlXx wrote:Hey guy tune into ABC right now and watch wife swap It's Sean and Catherine Lowe and  Molly and Jason Mesnick!
I don't respect Molly at all, because she was a rebound, a SECOND choice and she opted in.  Oh Geeezzz....
BUT, I must admit that she showed a bit more strength that that ironing sock puppet Catherine.  I was shocked by that.

1MilitaryWifey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:18 am

1MilitaryWifey wrote:
XxCanadiangirlXx wrote:Hey guy tune into ABC right now and watch wife swap It's Sean and Catherine Lowe and  Molly and Jason Mesnick!
I don't respect Molly at all, because she was a rebound, a SECOND choice and she opted in.  Oh Geeezzz....
BUT, I must admit that she showed a bit more strength that that ironing sock puppet Catherine.  I was shocked by that.

1MilitaryWifey - Welcome to bachchat!!

The story is that Jason was "forced" to pick Melissa by TPTB.  The relationship was over before it began.  Witness Jason hanging over the railing crying when he let Molly go at the FRC.  I do not condone the way Jason let Melissa go; it should never have been done on television.  Nevertheless, it garnered viewers and TPTB really don't care about anything else.  If Jason and Molly were meant to be, which is obvious now, TPTB should have left well enough alone.

Melissa ran right back to Ty and married him; it has been theorized she went on the show to make him jealous. 

IMHO Molly appears to be a lot stronger personality than Catherine, but maybe it was all for the show.  Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:38 am

Does anyone know what Catherine did for a living before she married Sean? I'm just curious. I was wondering how she could be content sitting home waiting for her husband to return home. It's not like she has any children to take care of. She seems intelligent so I was wondering what she gave up to marry him. I was very surprised that Sean turned out to be as this show portrayed him.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:44 am

It says in Wikipedia that she is a vegan food blogger and graphic designer.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:47 am

Glittersisgld wrote:It says in Wikipedia that she is a vegan food blogger and graphic designer.
Thanks, Glitter. If she was a graphic designer then she has a talent. I don't understand how she could give that up when she married Sean. I don't understand either how Sean would want her to give that up. I think that eventually, Catherine will come to resent Sean for this.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:53 am

Yeah, they said on Wife Swap how she is living Sean's life and he said on the show that he wants her to find her friends and have her life too.  Molly was saying they live in a bubble.  Who knows what will happen?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:38 pm

Well, there is a rumor they are going to go on Marriage Boot Camp, or whatever that show is called...same one the Sutters were on, and also JP and Nikki.  I just can't see them being dragged through all that mud.

If Catherine wants her career back bad enough she will go and get it.  I feel she is an intelligent woman with a mind of her own who will eventually tire of staying home playing Mrs. Perfect Housewife.  On the other hand, they may just start a family soon.

Who knows?

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:06 am

Thank you, Glitters!  I can watch it on the weekend now.  Thanks
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:58 am

I just finished watching the episode.  Maybe nobody's following this thread anymore LOL!  but I just saw part of it on the weekend and the rest this morning.  Just want to say I didn't think Catherine should have gotten upset when she learned Molly went with Sean to an Ethiopian restaurant so that he would be open to the idea of trying something new with Catherine.  Wasn't it Catherine herself who felt like she didn't know the city?  Like she was trapped?  As a result of what Catherine wrote, Molly got Sean to open up to the idea of going to new places and trying new things besides always going to the same few restaurants.  And then in the end, Catherine liked it when Sean said he would try new things with Catherine, instead of living in a bubble.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top