The Bachelorette -- Episode 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette -- Episode 3 Empty The Bachelorette -- Episode 3

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:51 am

Yikes!!  What a terrible episode.  TPTB have sunk to a new low.  Why do we have to endure physical combat two weeks in a row?   What does it prove....that these guys are willing to make fools of themselves on national TV to impress Kaitlyn?

Also the "sex education" group date was terrible.  This does not belong on TV, despite the fact that the "children" were hired actors.  They could have gone to a school and done something far more helpful, such as has been done in past seasons.

Sorry, but we have scraped the bottom of the barrel once again.  I think this franchise is going to implode on itself within the next year.   JMHO

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette -- Episode 3 Empty Re: The Bachelorette -- Episode 3

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:58 am

The ABC board is full of complaints.  From the sex-ed class to the gay guys.  Where once people were pro-Kaitlyn, they're now disgusted. 

I watched UnREAL last night and found it depicted pretty much what I suspected in the way of manipulation.  Did anyone watch it??  I understand a past producer plays the lead.

Do you suppose that with UnREAL on the horizon, the producers dropped all pretense and just went for broke with all the sleaze and violence?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:14 am

Agreed. I was also thinking that just when you think they ran out of new ways to sink lower they still managed to do it.

The Sumo Wrestling was a dumb idea. And while the real Sumo Wrestlers could wear their traditional "diaper" I don't see why it was necessary to have the guys wear them as well. That whole thing about looking at their butts and seeing their "junk" hanging out was childish and rather disgusting. And that whole thing about Tony started to seem very scripted. I'm starting to think that he decided on his own to go home and TPTB decided to make a big dramatic exit for ratings. If you remember how Tony talked about really going for it when it was his turn and he was very aggressive, more so then the other guys. Like he thought he was going to beat the real Sumo Wrestlers. Then after he was done, he stalked off and whined about how aggressive it was and he was all about peace and love, and his plants. Then non-stop whining to everyone that would listen until he packed his bags and made his exit. 

The one on one date with Ben Z was another weird date that wasn't necessary. I did something similar with my son where we were in a room with a chained zombie and you had to find clues to figure out a combination to get out. Every 5 minutes the zombie's chain got a foot longer so it was harder to get to the clues and dodge him, but there were no live snakes, scorpions, bugs and things of that nature. The ending also seemed far fetched that low and behold they managed to find the right clue and escape just as the gas was being released. Having been to one of those attractions I can tell you that it isn't easy to solve them and we had 6 people to try and solve it!

The group date with the kids was a major case of crossing the line.....big time. I don't care if it was a joke on the guys and they were child actors or not....they're still kids! You want to play your games and come up with more sleaze...whatever...but don't involve innocent kids. I wouldn't be surprised if a child advocacy group doesn't intervene on this one.

As to the Clint and JJ thing...they always have their token bad guys, weirdos, tattletales and what-not, but are they now going to start having their token gay contestants? I would like to think that someone that is gay is not going to pursue going on this show if they are not into the opposite sex. I smell a set-up somehow with this as well. Clint clearly said he was not into Kaitlyn and he wants to stay. Sounds like Kuba that said he wasn't into her and wanted to stay. This show may try to keep their secrets but they are just revealing what we have all known all along and that these people don't come on this show for love but to have a good time or promote themselves.......and of course they once again leave it at drama before the rose ceremony and make you wait until next week to see who is getting the ax, though a safe bet for one will be Clint. Hopefully the other is JJ.  I was hoping they weren't going to start doing this on a regular basis but alas it looks like they are.

On a final note, I read a synopsis on that new show UnReal that is a scripted look behind the scenes of the making of The Bachelor/ette. One of the creators of the show is a former producer from The Bachelor/ette and they of all people should know the fakeness that goes on. A quote was made that pretty much spelled it out for any of these fans that buy into the nonsense:

UnREAL viewers who also follow The Bachelor/Bachelorette will enjoy seeing the dramatization of off-camera machinations smart fans know about already, as Rachel scrambles to arrange feuds, blow-ups, and romantic encounters approaching something akin to sincere romantic sentiments toward Adam — or as Quinn calls this bachelor, “our show pony.” And Bachelor/Bachelorette-haters can find pleasure in having their conviction confirmed that the shows are conscience-free cesspools of contrived coercion. 

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:22 am

LOL...Singly, I was typing as you were posting your thoughts so didn't see it until I was done.

I am going to later today go back and watch UnReal for the same reason you did. I think you brought up a good point. I'm sure TPTB knew this show was coming out and knew they were busted. It would make sense that now that their "secrets" are out that they are going for broke as you say. I'm wondering if they see the writing on the wall that their days may be numbered now that even their uber fans have their bubbles busted. We shall see.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:24 am

From another angle:  Kaitlyn is quite different than any of the previous Bachelorettes.  She cusses more and comes across as a free spirit.  Not that I'm defending TPTB in any way, believe me, but maybe they thought they could "get away" with more cr** since she was the lead.  She certainly seemed amused by the two group dates.  And as for the one-on-one date, shades of "Fear Factor," which was another piece of garbage.

I did not watch unREAL but I will try to find it on the internet and see if the episode is available for viewing.  I'm sure those of us who have been watching this whacky show from the beginning will not be surprised at the revelations. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:29 am

Here's a review of unREAL in case anyone is interested:

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/unreal-return-220221

I wonder if we should make a thread for this show, rather than discuss it here.  Just a thought...........

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:22 am

Thanks for the review, newto.  I'm going to follow UnREAL.  Pretty good first epsiode, aside from Quinn's affair with sleazy Chet.  As for 'Ette, I haven't watched after the post-selection previews.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:43 am

I understand what you're saying Newto, but here is my question...don't you think that they would have to start planning in advance of the start of filming what kind of dates they're going to have that season? They didn't know the guys were going to choose Kaitlyn until filming already started. Unless of course they had that rigged as well. Do you think that maybe they pulled strings to make sure Kaitlyn was the 'ette even though they seemed to want Britt? The raunchiness of this season seems to appeal to Kaitlyn's playfulness. Somehow I don't see Britt fitting in with most of the shenanigans that are happening. If this ends up being a "go for broke" season because of the show UnReal, I guess it isn't far fetched to believe that they may have pulled strings for Kaitlyn. Who knows.

I would say to start a thread for UnReal considering most of us will probably be watching it to see something more believable than The Bachelor/ette. LOL
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:57 pm

Nobody really knows who voted for Kaitlyn or Britt, except the guys themselves.  You are right, rkc, the whole thing could have been rigged.  Wouldn't put that past TPTB.

As for Britt putting up with these shenanigans, you never know.  If she wanted to be bachette real bad, maybe she would have gone along with them.  All water under the bridge at this point.

I'll put up a thread for unREAL.  Hope nobody objects.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:36 am

I'd like to see a thread for UnREAL, newto.  Go ahead, if you please.

As for the 'Ette, someone on the ABC board expects to see a "farting contest in a bowling alley" when considering the caliber of the dates.  Seems fitting after what I've read.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:39 pm

I asked Bach where he thought I should put the thread.  Haven't heard from him yet.  Will put it up as soon as he replies.

I love the "farting contest in a bowling alley" reference.  Fits perfectly!!

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:42 pm

Put in under Other Favorite Shows.  Yes?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:43 am

Haven't heard from Bach but I'm going to set up the new thread now.

ETA -- Well, I made the thread and I can't see it anywhere.  Does anyone see it and if so where is it?  Am I going mad?  (Rhetorical question - LOL)

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:25 am

No.  I didn't see it.  We don't need Bach's approval to start a new thread.  The problem is, even though I used the top "New Topic," the thread will only appear in the bottom section of the titles.   Scratch   Well, anyway.... we have a thread for UnREAL.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Thanks, Singly.  Perhaps I made a mistake this morning.  Known to happen.  LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top