Season 20 Cast Announcements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 20 Cast Announcements Empty Season 20 Cast Announcements

Post by SLA44 Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:58 pm

The season 20 cast will be revealed/announced tomorrow morning (2/24) on Good Morning America (GMA).
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 20 Cast Announcements Empty Re: Season 20 Cast Announcements

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:26 am

Here's the line-up minus the announcement of Witney's partner, who is strongly rumored to be the Bachelor guy:

?????, with Witney Carson
NASTIA LIUKIN (Olympic gold medalist gymnast), with Derek Hough (who apparently had a change of heart/a Brinks truck back up to his home)
WILLOW SHIELDS (The Hunger Games’ Primrose), with Mark Ballas
NOAH GALLOWAY (Iraq war vet/double amputee), with Sharna Burgess
PATTI LABELLE, with Artem Chigvintsev
RUMER WILLIS, with Val Chmerkovskiy
SUZANNE SOMERS, with Tony Dovolani
RIKER LYNCH (of the band R5, if that helps), with Allison Holker
ROBERT HERJAVEC (Shark Tank), with Kym Johnson
MICHAEL SAM (formerly of the St. Louis Rams), with Peta Murgatroyd
REDFOO (of LMFAO), with Emma Slater
CHARLOTTE MCKINNEY (think: Carl’s Jr. commercials), with Keo Motsepe

Dear God in heaven, what do we have to do to get rid of frickin' Derek Hough?  This is like the 3rd season we've been assured he won't be on the show, and yet like the proverbial bad penny, he keeps cropping up.  Derek, sweetheart!  How can we miss if you if you won't go away!!!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:43 pm

I so agree with you on Derek and thought I might go back to watching it this season  and then they had to announce him.  I'm sure they had to get him another Olympic medalist to get him to come back - he would need someone he was almost assured of winning with for him to come back.  Hopefully there will be someone else to give him a run for his money like Maks and Meryle did and the viewers votes beat him that season.

Also that band member Riker Lynch is related to the Houghs.   I hope Julianne won't be a judge again this year.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:12 pm

No such luck.  Julianne is judging again this year.  And not only is he a Hough cousin, apparently he and his sister also used to dance competitively together.  Not sure in what category, but still . . . .  I also am not thrilled with the addition of Willow Shields.  Just read somewhere that she's only 14.  I had a hard enough time with Sadie; no way do I want to see a 14-year-old on the show.    Some of the others look great, though.  Patti LaBelle is a real catch.  Love her or hate her, Suzanne Somers is a big name.  I am most psyched maybe about Robert Herjavec - he's one of my favorite sharks, and I think he'll be great.  It'll be interesting to see if Rumer Willis can dance.  Or Michael Sam.  I'm not as jazzed about another amputee - missing one arm and one leg.  That's going to be tough for Sharna.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:55 pm

So he has a leg up on the rest of the cast - I don't believe I have ever heard of the band he is with.  He just looks weird to me anyhow so I hope he doesn't last long!  With Julianne as a judge again  and Derek back I don't really have a desire to watch anyway.

I didn't like hearing there is a 14 year old on there either ~ seems they are going younger each season.  Sick
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:12 pm

I agree with you, SLA, about a 14-year-old on the show.  Not a good idea.  In fact I don't think anyone under 18 should be cast.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:13 pm

I don't like seeing kids on the show either.

About Riker (never heard of him):  He may have a leg up with dancing skills but being partnered with Allison could be a huge drawback.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:11 pm

singlyme wrote:I don't like seeing kids on the show either.

About Riker (never heard of him):  He may have a leg up with dancing skills but being partnered with Allison could be a huge drawback.  lol.
I was wondering about that myself and hope you are right about that.  Wasn't she the one that was more interested in showcasing herself than her partner?
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:19 pm

newto the boards wrote:I agree with you, SLA, about a 14-year-old on the show.  Not a good idea.  In fact I don't think anyone under 18 should be cast.  JMHO.
I agree newto ~ if they want to have kids on the show than they should have a ballroom dancing show for kids where they would be competing against contestants their own age ~ they don't belong on this show IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:39 am

I don't agree with having a 14 yr. old on the show either. Some of these dances can get pretty intimate looking and I don't think it is appropriate to have a young girl dancing with an adult man in that manner. I agree with newto....no one under 18 should be on this show.

I figured they are probably leaving the empty male spot for Chris Soules in case he wants it as well. Good grief, I hope he dances better than he sings and raps. Ugh.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Feb 27, 2015 3:25 pm

I don't watch The Bachelor but from comments I've seen it seems like a lot of folks aren't crazy about Chris?  If so, I'm surprised they'd want him to do it.  I was SO hoping Gronk would be on.  He's said he'd love to do it.  But if not this season, then it would be 2 more seasons before he could do it, since he's playing during the fall season.  He would have been great!  Smile  I also thought it was kind of interesting that it seems like for the first time the early rumors were all wrong.  From everything I'd seen, Roseanne Barr and Robert Kennedy Jr. were odds-on favorites for being on the show.  But I don't think any of the final group were ones I'd seen 'spoilered' beforehand.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:37 pm

LadyMustang -- The general feeling about Chris Soules is that his dancing skills are even less than those of Sean Lowe.  If he has a pro that can loosen him up, maybe he will make it for a couple of weeks.

I think one of the reasons he was asked (if, indeed he was) is because he was the Bachelor and DWTS wants to appeal to a bigger audience.  Simple, and all driven by the almighty dollar.  JMHOFWIW.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Yikes.  I mean Sean set the bar pretty low. 

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:13 pm

What I have seen on another site is that they hope that Chris can dance better than he sings or raps.  Dancing better than Sean should not be a problem for Chris as Sean was really bad IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Well, just saw confirmation that Chris Soules is indeed going to be Witney's partner this season.  Fun times. 

Early word is that Val/Rumer and Emma/Redfoo look good.  Michael/Peta are rough, but he had potential.  Model with Keo looks bad. 

Apparently they are streaming live footage of rehearsals from time to time through the week, and those are some of the ones that people have seen.  Over on the ABC site there's supposed to be a schedule of who will be streaming live when, but they're not all doing it (obviously Derek/Nastia are in New York and Suzanne/Tony are in Las Vegas).  I haven't checked it out but it sounds like some of them may also be up on youtube.  It would be a long watch - each streaming session is an hour.  But folks who have watched them say it's interesting to watch as the pro/celeb forget the stream is there over time and settle down to a real practice session so you can get a much better idea of how they interact and how a pro really teaches.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Chris did some dancing this season, waltzing with Jade, dancing on stage at the Big and Rich concert, and he was slow and fast dancing on his wedding date with Whitney. She made a comment that he was a good dancer. He is definitely better than Sean who danced like he had two left feet. How basic everyday dances translates into ballroom dancing we'll have to wait and see Thinking .....
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:36 am

Well, I finally saw Chris in a promo.  Just a "blink."

I've heard of some of the stars this season, just have never actually seen them.  Like Rumer Willis.

I'm curious to see that lithe gymnast, Nastia.  Don't recall who her pro is.

And Suzanne Sommers is MY age, if I recall correctly.  I can't imagine enduring the rigors of this show with my body.  But I believe she's always been a fitness nut, so we shall see.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:03 am

Singly -- I think Nastia is with Derek.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:34 pm

Sounds like the winner is apparent.  lol.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top