Catherine or Lindsay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Catherine or Lindsay? Empty Catherine or Lindsay?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 pm

I see a lot of the smart money says Sean will pick Catherine, and maybe he will. Certainly, as a Seattle native, I like the hometown boys and girls to win. And a lot of people say they can see the love between Catherine and Sean. Evidently I am blind, because I never saw it.
It seems to me Sean is much more relaxed with Lindsay. And she's up for the goofy things he seems to like to try, such as eating bugs and grasshoppers. She's an Army kid, so she's used to moving and living in a different place.
I keep coming back to what appears to me to be a huge climate and cultural adjustment if Catherine were to move to Dallas. My son lived in Dallas for four years and I have a fair amount of familiarity with the place. It's a large, sophisticated city, which is certainly a big plus. There are lots of interesting things to see and do there. It has professional sports. It has lakes (e.g. Lake Grapevine) to play in. But, holy cow, it is HOT! At any time of the year, Dallas is about 20 degrees hotter than Seattle. I've lived in Hawaii, but I couldn't deal with Dallas's heat and humidity. Moreover, the culture is just plain different. Seattle is much more like Austin in that regard. I just can't see Catherine jumping all those hurdles.
Lindsay, on the other hand, has probably lived many places and can adjust to other climates better than someone who has stayed in the Northwest. Moreover, coming from an Army background, her cultural orientation may be more compatible with Dallas. I could easily see Lindsay moving to Dallas and being quite comfortable there.
Am I the only one who reads it this way?

Back to top Go down

Catherine or Lindsay? Empty Re: Catherine or Lindsay?

Post by Party Doll Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:44 pm

My money on Catherine. I've caught some "knowing looks" between those two right at edit points during the show---I think producers have been working hard to edit out what Sean and Catherine are feeling for one another.

As far as Seattle native, Catherine, adjusting to the climate in Dallas---sure it will take her a while to get used to it, but I think she could/will/has. She's in her early 20's and "in love;" just two reasons why women will bend over backwards to "fit into" a man's life.
Party Doll
Party Doll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:47 pm

I have to admit, you're always far more observant than I am, and you spot details I would never have noticed.

Well, I expect this romance to last as long as the others have, so I'd be amazed if Catherine spends much time in Dallas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Party Doll Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Widder Woman wrote:I have to admit, you're always far more observant than I am, and you spot details I would never have noticed.

Well, I expect this romance to last as long as the others have, so I'd be amazed if Catherine spends much time in Dallas.

WW, if I had never shot or edited videotape, I probably wouldn't notice half the things that jump off the screen at me. Whomever Sean selects, I will be stunned if they remain together long term.
Party Doll
Party Doll

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Hi WW and Party Doll! Very Happy
I've been watching this season, mostly in a desultory fashion, as time permits. I find almost none of it to be compelling or original, although I've occasionally been interested in trying to read Sean's feelings. He doesn't have a very good poker face.
Party Doll, I too think that he is more smitten with Catherine than with Lindsay. She seems like a lot of fun (albeit a little flighty) and perhaps he'll pick her over Lindsay because Catherine is not at all ready for marriage and children (and neither is Sean, no matter what he says).
I don't dislike Lindsay but I have yet to see any depth or maturity from her. She reminds me of a teenager (but then so does Catherine, so I guess Sean likes that sort of thing in his women).
I liked AshLee but wondered if they'd edited her to overemphasize her sad past, her control issues and her insecurities. You know, sort of like what Chris Lambton claimed they did with his mom's death.
Hello to everyone else on this new board! I've not been on the ABC board (new or old) for ages and feel terribly out of the loop.
Marianna
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:25 pm

Marianna! You made it! Yay!

I think you nailed it that none of the players seems particularly mature. Is it time to start the betting on how long it will last?

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:34 pm

Thanks for emailing me about this new site, WW and others. Hope our numbers grow and we get the best of the ABC board to migrate over here. Have all the regulars made an appearance this season on the new Bach board?
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Widder Woman wrote:Marianna! You made it! Yay!

I think you nailed it that none of the players seems particularly mature. Is it time to start the betting on how long it will last?

Ok, let me try. (Putting envelope to forehead, Carnac-style)...

I predict that Sean and Catherine will last until they announce the new Bachelor or until their personal bubble bursts, whichever comes first. However, their breakup will be clean and they will not malign each other in public, a la Jake and Vienna or use twitter to share every twinge of bubble-regret they feel, a la Jillian.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:45 pm

May it go from your mouth to God's ear.

Come over to the Bach Chat forum. That's where everyone is congregating.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:45 am

I don't think either girl is a great match for him. Catherine, for all the reasons WW already mentioned. Lindsey is a closer match on paper, but she's not too bright, not that he is, but she is less so. I don't see her as immature, but rather as a little simple, one dimensional. She will make someone a good wife though. She is a naturally happy and positive person. I think Sean was raised in a little higher income bracket. His family may have a bit more refinement than Lindsey's. I do think he needs someone with a big personality like Catherine. He likes himself more when he is around her high energy. He feels less dull. This is what I saw on the HTD and FSD that made me think she was the one. But still... aren't there girls in Dallas from similar backgrounds with a great smile and big personality? He's got an uphill battle with Cat with the obstacles. And he seems to cut them loose at the smallest obstacle.
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:49 pm

grace8136 wrote:I don't think either girl is a great match for him. Catherine, for all the reasons WW already mentioned. Lindsey is a closer match on paper, but she's not too bright, not that he is, but she is less so. I don't see her as immature, but rather as a little simple, one dimensional. She will make someone a good wife though. She is a naturally happy and positive person. I think Sean was raised in a little higher income bracket. His family may have a bit more refinement than Lindsey's. I do think he needs someone with a big personality like Catherine. He likes himself more when he is around her high energy. He feels less dull. This is what I saw on the HTD and FSD that made me think she was the one. But still... aren't there girls in Dallas from similar backgrounds with a great smile and big personality? He's got an uphill battle with Cat with the obstacles. And he seems to cut them loose at the smallest obstacle.

I agree that Lindsay will make a good wife and mother. She may not be creative and have goals like Catherine, but she will always stand by her man. It appears that she really, truly adores Sean. I think Sean could have a pretty easy-going, happy life with Lindsay. However, he has that extra chemistry thing with Catherine, which makes a person feel really alive. What I still have in the back of my mind is what her sisters said.... that when the fun is over Catherine gets bored. It may be fun and exciting now, but I agree, that when the infatuation wears off, it's not going to be smooth sailing with Catherine.

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Too bad he can't combine Lindsay and Catherine. Lindsay's happy, grounded, loyal self with Catherine's wit and charisma. ❤ + :bounce: = Queen
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top