Season 18 Week 10

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 18 Week 10 - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 18 Week 10

Post by SLA44 Thu May 22, 2014 10:39 pm

Here is the recap of the finale from TV Grapevine:

DANCING WITH THE STARS
FINALE RECAP FOR MAY 20, 2014

Hello and welcome to the Dancing With The Stars Grand Finale on ABC. Tonight, one of our final three couples--Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas, Meryl Davis and Maks Chmerkovskiy or Amy Purdy and Derek Hough--will be crowned this season finale. With the way this season has been, we could very well be in for yet another surprise. 

We open with a group dance that reunites all of our couples from this season. Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews then give us a recap of last night's performances. Apparently, this is Maks's last freestyle. 

James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd get the encore dance of the night. I was hoping for Amy and Derek because that was so amazing, but I know we can see them dance later. 

Team Loco reprises their group dance live since Amy was injured when they were originally supposed to perform it. Remember how much I loved the rehearsal footage that week? This is ten million times better and just makes me smile from start to finish.  I am mostly happy for nearly shirtless Derek. 

We get some filler about everyone talking about their competition and then get to a performance by Iggy Azelea. I never heard this song before and now it is going to be in my head for the rest of the week. Thank you EVER so much….at least my guy friends at work will thank me for singing this instead of the Frozen soundtrack?

Amber Riley sings while Cheryl Burke and Tony Dovolani dance.

After a montage of this season's highlights,  Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke perform once again. I forgot how much I liked him this session, he is adorable! He kind of fits in with the troupe and just makes me smile! 

Erin gets her own special montage and I think she is the perfect addition to the show. She is so fun, sweet and just has the perfect amount of snarkiness. 

Charlie White and Meryl Davis do a special performance and they are just as good on the floor as they are on the ice. WOW. 

NeNe Leakes performs with the female pros, followed by more season highlights.

Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy perform their Be Our Guest quickstep. I swear, the Disney night was my all-time favorite theme…as a Disney fan, it made me smile, but the dances were all so creative and fun!

Charlie White and Sharna Burgess do their Mary Poppins routine. This is one of my all time favorite routines in the history of the show. They are so cute, so fun and just make me want to sing and dance. I wonder if my co-workers at my demo job would object to me singing this on Sunday? 

James and Peta do a Michael Jackson routine….more filler….Ariana Grande performs. It looks like a modern day Grease performance, except the guys are shirtless.

Amber Riley performs again with a dance accompaniment from the troupe. 

Time for the dance fusions!

Celebrity: Amy Purdy
Claim To Fame: Paralympic snowboarder
Pro: Derek Hough
Dance: Argentine tango-cha cha cha fusion
Thoughts: I've said it before and I will say it again. This woman is my hero. Derek is my hero for being such an amazing gentleman. I enjoy their dance as always and think Derek's choreography is incredible, but I cannot get over how much they inspire me. I really hope kiddos all around the world are looking at them and saying how much they admire them!
Len: She is an inspiration and fantastic dancer.
Bruno: She is up there with the best and her unbreakable spirit is a lesson for America.
Carrie Ann: She is so uplifting and thinks their partnership is fantastic.
Scores: 10-10-10=30 out of 30 and 89 out of 90.

Celebrity: Candace Cameron Bure
Claim To Fame: DJ Tanner on Full House
Pro: Mark Ballas
Dance: Quickstep/Samba Fusion
Thoughts: This is the most relaxed and calm I have seen her on the dance floor. It was truly her best dance!
Bruno: She is adorable, improved and it was a job well done.
Carrie Ann: She is adorable and did a great job.
Len: She is the dark horse who kept going.
Scores: 9-9-9=27 our of 30 and 78 out of 90

Celebrity: Meryl Davis
Claim To Fame: Olympic Gold Medal ice dancer
Pro: Maks Chmerkovskiy
Dance: Foxtrot/Cha Cha Cha Fusion
Thoughts: That was some amazing choreography. It is a difficult fusion to do, but somehow they managed to pull it off. 
Carrie Ann: They were the best part of this season.
Len: He says that if this is his last season (WHAT!?!?!?!) he is glad it ended with this.
Bruno: Watching them is discovering the passion of your first love.
Scores: 10-10-10=30 out of 30 and 90 out of 90

After a Christina Perri performance that shows us some of the final three's best moments, we find out the couple in third place is……Candace and Mark. There are hugs and kisses all around and I have to say I am so proud of her for doing this entire competition while staying true to herself. I love her and think she is another one who is an incredible role model.

Now….the moment we have all been waiting for……the winners and new champions of Dancing With The Stars are……Meryl and Maks. To the surprise of nobody ever....but well deserved.  The crowd goes wild. Congratulations!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 23, 2014 5:29 am

Thanks for posting this, SLA.  Shows how much "filler" there was.  I'm glad I recorded it and didn't watch the dribble and the commercials.

I shall be devastated if Maks does not return.  He, his brother Val and Tony are about the only three reasons I watch this show.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri May 23, 2014 10:01 am

Newto Maks is not going to return as a Pro Dancer on DWTS.  He had said no and after their Freestyle Dance Meryl told him she was honored to have danced his last freestyle with him.  On the Wendy Williams Show she asked him if he were asked would he be a judge and he answered "Yes" without a pause.  I would love to see him back as a judge.  Here is the video of that interview:

I will see if I can find the video's where he said he will not be returning as a Pro Dancer and also the one where Meryl tells him she honored to dance his last freestyle with him.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri May 23, 2014 10:08 am

Here is the video where Meryl tells him that she was honored to dance his last freestyle with him.  It is out about 2:38 on the video.

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top