Season 17 - Week 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 17 - Week 3 Empty Season 17 - Week 3

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:07 pm

Tonight is Hollywood Week, so all couples will be dancing to a movie theme.  Here are the dances they've drawn as gleaned from various stories:

Amber and Derek – Charleston

Bill and Emma – Paso Doble

Christina and Mark – Charleston

Leah and Tony – Rumba

Brant and Peta – Quickstep

Bill and Tyne – Jive

Valerie and Tristan – Rumba ??

Jack and Cheryl – Cha Cha Cha

Snooki and Sasha – Paso Doble ??

Corbin and Karina – Quickstep

Elizabeth and Val – Foxtrot

Valerie and Snooki seem to be the only ones that no one is sure on, although a couple of articles reported seeing pictures of Snooki in a long, paso doble style dress.  Other news - Bill Nye has a partially torn ligament.  He is expected to dance, but the jive may prove to be more than the knee can handle.  H could go home tonight based on his injury.  And Brant injured his foot.  He was seen wearing a protective boot in practice but will also dance tonight.

Hollywood Night in the past has been pretty interesting.  And since in the past we've usually had "best year of your life" or some such nonsense by the second week, I am allowing myself to get my hopes up that we'll skip sob story week entirely this season.

Last edited by LadyMustang65 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : didn't actually edit - thought I had written something wrong and discovered it was right. :P)

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 17 - Week 3 Empty Re: Season 17 - Week 3

Post by Guest Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:23 pm

Likewise, I can do without sob story week. Now all I have to do is remember to watch tonight; I forgot altogether last week. Crying 

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Set the alarm on your cell phone to remind you.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:23 am

I'll begin by saying I'm glad Nye went home.  Between the injured leg and other celebs who deserved to stay over him, it was time.  Apparently, those millions of fans just watched youtube and couldn't be bothered to tune into the show and vote.

I was so proud of Engvall!!  I was doubtful as the paso began, then I was smiling the whole way through.  I thought he looked so good!!  Go Bill, my underdog wonder!

Nearly everyone did a fantastic job last night.  I thought Jack was out of his element on this one.  And Valerie, bless her heart, needs to be next to go.  If I were her, I'd pass on the pity vote.

Did you notice Snookie's face toward the end of her dance?  Her expression suddenly changed to fear/concentration and you could see she was bracing for that cartwheel - which was amazing.  But in heels?  Bravo for guts.  Still don't like the girl.

No one else stood out for me because I thought they were all good.  One thing I noticed that I hadn't been aware of before:  What's up with Elizabeth's eyes?  Were they always so "wide" open?  Shockingly so.  Looked like plastic surgery or botox gone strange.

I'm doing something I've always complained about.  I voted for someone who I don't think is the "best" dancer.  Bill got all my votes.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BHGma Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:31 am

Hi ladies! I forgot about this board until today & decided to pop in. Can I join in on the DWTS conversation next week? I hope everyone is doing well.
BHGma
BHGma

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:07 am

Anytime, gma.  Glad to have you aboard!  Haven't seen you around much -anywhere - for a while.  Hope all is well.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BHGma Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:52 pm

singlyme wrote:Anytime, gma.  Glad to have you aboard!  Haven't seen you around much -anywhere - for a while.  Hope all is well.
Thanks, singly. I'll try to stop by later tonight. I may or may not be heading over to my son's to watch his children around 2:00 but I will be back around 5:30. It all depends on Mr. Snow Plow Man.

This should be fun! Oh, that's right, you & LM are on the east cost, aren't you? HHHhhhmmmmm. Well, no matter, I will stop by, anyway, if I can.
BHGma
BHGma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top