Season 20 - Week 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 20 - Week 9 Empty Season 20 - Week 9

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon May 11, 2015 7:50 am

Spoilers say they are doing two dances again this week, and one is the judge's choice that usually happens the last week when they also do the freestyle.  So that's a bit of a change.  Here's what info I could find:

Rumer and Val
Viennese waltz (Song: “Earned It” by The Weeknd)
Judges’ Choice Dance: Contemporary (Bruno); (Song: “Theme from Swan Lake” by Tchaikovsky)

Noah and Sharna
Viennese Waltz
Judges’ Choice Dance: Paso doble (Carrie Ann)

Riker and Allison
Contemporary (song: “Work Song” by Hozier)
Judges’ Choice Dance: Argentine tango (Julianne); (Song: “Fur Elise” by Beethoven – could be a modernized version)

Nastia and Sasha/Derek
Quickstep (dancing w/Sasha)
Judges Choice Dance: Viennese waltz (Len) (dancing w/Derek) 

So looking at the song choices, it appears that unlike previous seasons, they are not doing the same dance they did originally but a new one of the same style. 

Not sure how I feel about this.  It doesn't seem fair to Nastia to have her dancing with two different partners.  I hope Val choreographs a traditional VW.  I think she would pull that off beautifully after seeing the rumba last week.  I think VW is going to be hard for Noah.  I can't see him being able to do the rise and fall and just the general gracefulness required.  Can't imagine Fur Elise as an AT.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 20 - Week 9 Empty Re: Season 20 - Week 9

Post by Guest Mon May 11, 2015 9:50 am

LadyMustang -- I agree with you about Fur Elise as an AT.  Boggles my mind, frankly.

Also annoys me that Derek will be dancing.  He cannot let go and have Nastia dancing with Sasha exclusively until the end of the season, allowing her to get used to dancing with Sasha.   One of these days his head will be so big that he won't be able to fit himself through the door.  JMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue May 12, 2015 7:06 am

I have a really sinking feeling that we're going to lose one of our better dancers tonight - probably Rumer.  Noah was as usual overscored by the judges, although as soon as I realized what the 'judges' choice' meant this year I correctly guessed that everyone would get perfect scores whether they deserved them or not - but I have a feeling that manipulative on-air proposal is going to get millions of people voting because yeah, 'romantic' gestures done for show are what a dancing show is all about.  I hope I'm wrong.  I really really hope I'm wrong, and the audience lets Noah go out tonight on a high note.  But if Rumer isn't pulling a lot of votes, they gave her no cushion scoring her only 2 points higher than Noah (in and of itself a travesty).  There has been some speculation that Riker has not been pulling a lot of votes, so it's possible we could lose him tonight instead of Rumer.  But if it's anyone other than Noah, it will be a farce.  Noah seems like a nice enough guy but he just cannot compare to other three.  And honestly, I'm still annoyed that Willow isn't the 4th one up there.  That she left before Chris, Robert and Noah still rankles.  I admire and appreciate what Noah has done, but I don't want to see him knock off one of the consistently three best dancers because he's 'inspirational' or people feel bad if they don't vote for him.  Anyway, hope I'm wrong.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 12, 2015 7:27 am

^^This^^

Plus... Side notes. 

It was obvious during Rumer & Val's Waltz that he truly features his partner in dance.  And he looked SO proud of her as he looked on while Demi and Rumer spoke with Erin.  Props to Val.  (But the wig they gave her looked SO stringy!)

Though she was great in both dances, my brow was furrowed throughout the Contemporary Fusion.  What the hell was that?

Riker's contemporary was well-choreographed and well-danced, but it seemed to feature Allison.  She is strong!  During the Argentine Tango, it was difficult to focus on him.  She danced like a man in drag.  Methinks the girl is lifting weights.

Loved, loved, loved Nastia's Quick Step!  Fast and fantastic!  I gave her a 14.  And the Viennese Waltz was elegant and lovely.  Back to some core ballroom.

I have to agree with mustang about Noah.  While an inspiration, both dances looked awkward to me.  I, too, fear the proposal will boost votes and keep him in over Riker.  BTW, I absolutely HATED Carrie Ann's choreo for the Paso.  Head bull?  He looked more like someone who was wounded and had to be carried and shuttled.  Was it a reference to his being carried off the battlefield?  More votes.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 12, 2015 8:42 am

I totally understand the sympathy for Noah and what he has been through and what he has achieved in this program.  But it is time for him to go home.

If Rumer is voted out tonight, I will be very disappointed in the whole process.  (And that's putting it mildly.)

Lady Mustang:  What did you think of how they arranged the music of Fur Elise?  I thought it was pretty good, and I did not expect that.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue May 12, 2015 3:07 pm

Thoughts on last night:

Rumer – I loved her VW, but honestly I would have enjoyed it more without the ’50 Shades’ references.  I have a deep-seated and abiding hatred of those books and the movie, so I really despised the biting lip, announcement and the tie thing.  Once they got past that crap, I thought the VW was stunning.  I figured they wouldn’t give her 2 perfect weeks in a row, so I expected at least one 9.  I also loved the judge’s choice dance that Bruno created.  Another beautifully done piece.  I expected everyone would get perfect scores for those dances whether they deserved them or not, so no surprises there.  What was a surprise was that Bruno came up with that. 

Noah – I did not care for his VW that much.  I was a bit surprised they put him and Rumer back-to-back like that, as he suffered from the nearly direct comparison.  He did the best he could with it, and it wasn’t awful, but it wasn’t 9-worthy either, I don’t think.  No way was Rumer only 2 points better than he was.  That I probably should have expected, but didn’t, and it annoyed me.  I also didn’t care much for CA’s paso.  The bull horns looked more Malificent than bull, and the bit with the curtains stuck in their pants was weird.  I know it was to create an effect, but I was too distracted by the weirdness to appreciate the effect.  Noah didn’t seem to really dance much of that paso, although I appreciated the troupe dancers in the background.  They deserved 10s anyway.    I did not appreciate the proposal at all.  I am not a fan of them anyway – it usually strikes me as being more about the guy than the girl.  Sort of “hey, look at me, look at how romantic/creative/original/whatever I am, isn’t she lucky to have me.”  I know . . . I’m a crabby old lady.  ;0  Anyway, it was the wrong time.  The elimination show would have been a better time to do it.  Since Sharna had the ring, it obviously wasn’t a spontaneous gesture – it was planned.  And what it did was take away time that rightfully belonged to the dancers who came after him, and it detracted somewhat from them and their efforts.  Not well done.  And I am worried that he won’t go home tonight (if he does, I’ll forgive everything), and we’ll lose one of the best dancers because people will vote on sentiment.  I can handle that earlier in the season, but when we get this far in, I want to see the best dancers go through.

Riker – I didn’t really like either of his dances.  The contemporary was okay, but I’m not a fan of that genre much anyway.  He did well with what he was given, and Allison was in her wheelhouse, so she did well, but overall I just didn’t get the right vibe from Riker.  I don’t think he really does “intense” well.  Surprised but not surprised by the 10s.    And unfortunately he got stuck with two intense pieces this week.  Is there an unwritten rule that says Houghs must dance?   Julianne and her brother both share this need for the spotlight, I guess.  If she’d danced a couple of measures and left, it would have been okay, but the beginning part of the dance suffered because she was clearly (to me anyway) the best dancer out there.  Both Riker and Allison suffered in comparison to her.  Then after she left, Riker just didn’t get the feel of it quite right.  I will say, though, that that arrangement of Fur Elise worked better than I could have ever imagined.  Anyway, I had the same impression about both of his dances – good but not great.  I loved Allison on SYTYCD, but I don’t love her here, and I can’t help but wonder how good Riker could have been if paired with a real ballroom pro. 

Nastia – for me this was a break-out night for her.  I loved that quickstep – fast but controlled, and she really looked like she was having a ball out there.  That was everything I love about the quickstep.  Had no problems whatsoever with her perfect score.  And I loved the judge’s dance with Len.  Now that’s the way to insert yourself into a dance!!  That was just perfect from beginning to end.  I loved Len starting it off looking at his scrapbook and then Derek as a young Len (and we thought it was rather obvious that Derek was not up to par but it was nice because Nastia got to shine) and then finally Len doing just a couple of measures with Nastia.  Really wonderful job.  J  What a nice send-off for Len as well.  I’ll miss him.  He frustrates me sometimes, but I like him the best of the judges.

I am honestly dreading tonight’s elimination show.  If anyone other than Noah leaves, I’ll be angry and upset.  If Noah stays and it’s anyone other than Riker leaving, I’ll be furious.  To me Rumer and Nastia are the cream of this crop, and both of them should be in the finale.  Riker deserves to be there as well, but he doesn’t quite compare to the two women for me, so it would be (only slightly) less of a travesty if he leaves tonight.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue May 12, 2015 7:27 pm

I love Noah. I think I've made that clear.....but....at this point in the competition it isn't right to keep him over better dancers. As Mustang said, I don't mind that earlier in the season but at this stage it isn't right. I would like to think that the proposal was done there because of how they brought his girlfriend back from overseas while he was on the show and we have kind of watched a romance there. I'm trying not to think that it was a ploy to do it that way for votes. I think a woman being proposed to deserves better than that. I don't think Noah has ever been in the bottom three, has he? Riker has been there a few times and I get the funny feeling that Riker will go before Noah. I think Noah's dances were his best so far, but I didn't agree with giving him four 9's when that's what Len and Julianne gave Rumor. Len, yeah he's a cranky pants but Julianne said nothing wrong about Rumor's dance and still gave her a 9. Maybe I'm being cynical but I get the feeling that Julianne wants Nastia to win because of her brother or her cousin, Riker. It seems she has been giving them a lot of 10's over the others. 

Riker's dances were good, but then again I seem to be in the minority in liking contemporary. In his Argentine Tango I was a little distracted by Julianne being there. In the beginning while she was there it seemed like the two girls were dancing circles around him. It wasn't until Julianne left the floor that you saw him start to really get into it.

Nastia's dances were very well done. I liked that just her and Sasha did the Quick Step by themselves. No need to throw Derek in that one. I loved that double one handed cartwheel move they did. That was unique. I loved the concept of the Viennese Waltz with Len. It told a nice story. I did notice that the dance was more tame then usual. I guess because Derek wanted to do it himself. When it was mentioned last night that Derek and Julianne were just youngsters when they first met Len it kind of made sense why it seems like Derek gets catered to sometimes.

I thought both of Rumer's dances were beautiful. I don't think it was right that she got a 9 from Len and Julianne for her Viennese Waltz. It was very nicely done. Singly, I also don't know what Contemporary Fusion is but whatever the meaning is I thought is was quite lovely. Doing it to Swan Lake was very unique.

It will be interesting to see what happens tonight. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue May 12, 2015 7:42 pm

I agree with you rkc on the 9's that Rumer got from Len and Julianne.  Scratch  In fact it bothered me to the point that I actually went in and voted for them giving them the full 20 votes I was able to cast using the ABC site, Face Page, land line and mobile phone.  I will be very upset if they do not make it to the finals. Hissy fit
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue May 12, 2015 9:24 pm

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.  And shit.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed May 13, 2015 8:08 am

I thought of you, mustang, when Noah was declared safe.  A beautiful dancer went home in his place.  Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with inspirational people. Master Chef once had a blind woman on the show. The thing is, she could cook. I believe she won.

I was truly sorry to see Nastia go.  A point might be taken from Val's comment, to the effect:  "She's so perfect as to be uninteresting."  I loved watching her move while many on the ABC board attacked her for being expressionless.

Between the extravaganza production numbers, the manipulative packages, Erin's questions, the popularity contest, and disabled/inspirational contestants, I'm about ready to bail on this show. 

I was sure I'd see Rumer and Nastia battle it out for "best dancer."  Guess I forgot this show is about "favorite personality."

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 13, 2015 8:33 am

I agree that Noah should have gone home.  As Singly said, it is becoming a personality contest.  I really thought some of last night's performances by guests, etc. were tasteless.....but then I'm just a crotchety senior citizen.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed May 13, 2015 10:05 am

I agree, Singly.  I have no problem with inspirational people as well.  I loved Paul McCartney's ex when she was on (sorry, drawing a blank on her name), and I loved Marlee Matlin when she was on.  They did their best, had varying degrees of success, and were judged pretty fairly - maybe a bit high from time to time, but I don't remember any 'tongue baths' for them or judges crying about how 'inspirational' they were.  And if I recall correctly, they both went home middle of the pack after having respectable runs.  What they've done with Noah is even worse than Amy, and it's getting completely out of control.  That stupid on-air proposal just put me over the edge for Noah, and his comment about asking Riker first doesn't make it ok.  What the heck did he think Riker was going to say?  No, it's my time to shine - shove your stupid proposal? 

Poor Nastia did not deserve to be sent home last night, and the show lost a ton of credibility with her departure.  I didn't want Derek to win again, which meant I wasn't rooting for Nastia to win, but she definitely deserved to be in the finals.  She's a beautiful dancer - always has been.  Even when I wasn't 'feeling' her, I still found her enjoyable to watch.  And over the last couple of weeks with her and Sasha, she really seemed to have found the joy of dance, and I was being won over.  I still didn't want to see Derek win again, but I would have been fine if Nastia pulled out the win because no way could I say she didn't deserve it. 

Noah does not deserve the win nor does he deserve to be in the finals.  Not based on his dancing.  Not even close.  Going out 4th would not have been some huge personal insult to him or some lack of respect.  It would have been an acknowledgement that he had done a great job over the season but it was just his time to go.  Let the best dancers duke it out among them. 

For me this has really tarnished this season - the same way Bristol Palin making it to the finals tarnished that season.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

While I didn't like the way Derek horned in while he was injured, it didn't take away from the beautiful lines and movement Nastia accomplished.  I would have been happy to see her win.  And I'd be happy to see Rumer win, as I think she deserves it over the others.

This might be the first dance show where a proposal takes first place.  I watch this show to see DANCE.  I'm sorry, but I don't find what Noah did in this category.  I feel mean saying it, but he got votes because he's disabled, not because he was a good dancer.  Granted, he's got looks, he's got musicality, he's got grace - but the stiff leg prevents him from being on a level with the other finalists.

If TPTB insist on making this show about things other than dance, I'm out.  I don't need romance, arguments, hissy-fits, personality contests, etc.  Just gimme some good dancing and forget the sensationalism.  The ABC board is on fire with arguments and debates over Nastia and Noah.  Jeesh!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed May 13, 2015 12:39 pm

The ABC board is probably the only one where there's much disagreement then.  The previously.tv board feels pretty much the way we do - Noah has no business being in the finals, and Nastia was set up by TPTB with poor pre-dance packages and the wonky scoring for Noah.  There are a couple of people putting up the argument that Noah deserves to be there because the public voted for him, but the counter-argument is since the audience vote is only half the scores, the judges share some blame for over-scoring him so consistently and with more realistic scores, he might not have overtaken Nastia. 

At this point, it is what it is.  It's just unfortunate that what it is is probably going to be at least one and possibly two really crappy freestyles.  Bless her heart, Sharna is doing the best she can with what she's got, but we'll be stuck with more of Noah not dancing.  And given free rein in a freestyle, I am expecting a hot mess from Allison and Riker - frenetic, frantic, overblown.  Val's freestyles aren't the best out there, but they're usually still quite entertaining, so I'm expecting that Rumer's will be the only one I think is worth watching but will be pleasantly surprised if either or both of the others surprise me.

I just really hope that Rumer wins.  Riker seems like a nice kid, and he's got some moves, but I just can't stomach an Allison win - not with her lousy ballroom skills.  And a win for Noah would just be too ridiculous to contemplate.  As much as I don't like Derek these days, if Nastia had made it to the finals and won, I'd have been happy because I've really enjoyed her last few dances, and there is just no argument to be made that she's not worthy of winning.  With her out, anything other than Rumer would really sour this season for me.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed May 13, 2015 1:01 pm

Wow. I was not expecting that. I thought for sure if they didn't send Noah home that it would be Riker that went. He's been in the bottom a few times. When the end of the season is nearing and some peoples favorite leave, then votes get switched to others and throws of the balance. So I'm assuming that the Chris Soules fans switched to Riker to put him in the top. I guess some just like cute guys to win. Who knows. 

I was also thinking it was going to be a fight to the finish between Rumer and Nastia. I already knew that Riker already had some dance experience but after watching his brother perform I'm thinking that it may be more than a little experience they had from the time they were little. Rumor has went in there with no experience and has killed it time and time again and that is why I want her to win. Riker is a good dancer but I don't think he's the best and if Noah were to win I think there will be a lot of angry people.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 14, 2015 7:29 am

rkc, I also thought we'd see a battle between Nastia and Rumer.  TPTB kind of sealed the deal with the off-putting package for Nastia.  Despite the smiles, I don't think she recovered from it.  Then, we got a proposal from Noah.  I, too, was hoping it would be Riker who left rather than Nastia.

When a show becomes this manipulative, I find I'm agitated as I watch.  Don't like the feeling - which is why this is likely to be my last season.  At my age, I'm all about peace and tranquility.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 14, 2015 7:36 am

Frenetic, frantic and overblown sounds about right for Allison, mustang.  At times, she looks like a man when she dances - as in the Argentine Tango.  Truly, a hurricane.

I'm also put off by the burlesque type dances from the troupe.  They're salacious in their movements and lip-licking style.  Just who are these girls trying to impress?  Us old ladies?  DWTS has become "Dirty Dancing."

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 14, 2015 2:42 pm

Two good posts, singly.  IA with you 100%.   Indeed Applause

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu May 14, 2015 3:19 pm

Yeah Singly, I noticed they brought up the grumpy Nastia package again in the beginning of Tuesday's elimination episode. I didn't know why they did that yet again. Like beating a dead horse. The voting was already over and they already knew she was going home, so why did they do that? To prove some point?

As you said, Singly I was wondering the same thing...what is with all of the overly sexed up troupe dances? Seems like Mandy Moore is choreographing most of their dances, so is it her that is promoting all of the sexuality or is it the producers that are requesting them to sex it up? They aren't impressing me. The guys have always taken their shirts off but there was an all male dance that at the same moment they all opened their shirts to expose their chests. Is all of this really necessary for a larger viewership? I wouldn't think so.   
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu May 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Perhaps they showed Nastia's package to reinforce their "story" that she's a brat and deserved to go home.  Who knows with these idiots?  Tom said they had "thousands of hours" of footage - and this is the 30 seconds they chose.

Aside from Artem's chiseled body, I haven't really notice the physiques on the guys.  Open shirt or not, I just don't care.  Are people really so "lustful" that they get turned on by a man's chest?  I will admit to some past pleasure when Maks swept that long leg.

The girl's costuming doesn't bother me.  It's the gyrations and the way they lick their lips, as if inviting some action.  Mandy does a lot of choreo on SYTYCD, and I don't recall anything extremely sexual.  Perhaps my memory has failed - wouldn't be the first time.

Jenna (in the troupe) was on SYTYCD.  She was one of my favs, but on DWTS, I can't stand her.  She plants that smiling face in the camera at every turn.  The camera is her "spot" point.

I must be completely fed up with this show.  I can't find much to like anymore.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat May 16, 2015 4:49 pm

This is Derek's take on the whole negative package issue. Also, he mentioned at the end that him and Juliette competed against each other on Lip Sync battle this week. I watch the show anyway so I watched their episode and I have to say, Derek sucks at lip syncing. lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun May 17, 2015 8:55 am

His commentary reinforces what many of us already believed.  The show manipulates viewer opinion.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 am

I too am really frustrated that we won't get to see a Nastia/Rumer/Riker finale battle.  Since week one I've been looking forward to that.  Over the weeks I've been less enthused about Riker because of Allison, but I still find *him* mostly enjoyable to watch.  You're right, singly, sometimes there is something very masculine about the way she dances.  There is no subtlety in her movements, no "light and shade" as Len would call it.  It's all hard edges, sharp movements, power in everything.  Honestly, I'm bored by it at this point. 

I don't know what's going on with the troupe dances for the girls, but I'm assuming it's because they're trying to expand their audience to a younger demographic.  Not that I really believe that many 20-something guys are going to watch for 30 seconds per show of girls in skimpy costumes thrusting their hips and licking their lips, but I think the show does.  I guess I'm going to have to admit to some hypocrisy when it comes to the male dancers.  For the most part, I have no problem seeing bare chests on them.  Well, mostly Artem and Val.  And Maks before that.  And I absolutely agree about that leg sweep of his.  Definitely sent the temperature in the room up a bit.  But mostly I just enjoy watching them dance, and when appropriate, I think a bare chest on a guy can enhance the dance.  I like watching the play of muscles through the chest, abdomen and back.  But what they do is different from what they have the girls doing.  I don't know - the girls' stuff seems overtly sexual while the guys' stuff seems more teasing and playful.  Like they know we like to look, and they're in on joke.  The girls' stuff?  Not so much.

I can't for the life of me figure out why the show would have wanted Nastia gone over either Riker, Rumer or Noah unless it was to set up the "three non-winning pros so someone will get their first mirror ball trophy" thing.  But they sacrificed a potentially exciting and truly awesome final battle in favor of what I think is a less appealing story line.  I agree with Derek that there are moments in some of Noah's dances where he does something really nice, but honestly . . . throwing your arm up in the air and making a fist - no matter how strongly you do it - just doesn't compare to what Rumer, Riker and Nastia are doing in the dance department.  I know a lot of people say they enjoy watching him dance, but the for the most part, I don't.  For the most part, I'm bored by it now.  The first couple of weeks I was surprised and amazed; but by week 3 we'd pretty much seen everything he could do.  I hate the fact that he will never be asked to do a quickstep or jive while the others have had to.  Oh well . . . all I can do at this point is vote for Rumer and hope for the best.  Smile

And despite the fact that I hate how the show manipulates things and I will be beyond annoyed if anyone other than Rumer wins, I'll be back next season.  As long as I can still see some really good dancing, I'll be there.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 18, 2015 8:30 am

Mustang, I don't mind the bare chests on the guys.  What I'm saying is that I don't see anything lustful about this exposure.  It's as though they think it's a "turn-on" when some of them aren't really chiseled.  And I just don't care.  lol.

As for Noah, someone on the ABC board mentioned a past contestant with a rib injury.  Her dance suffered for it, and the scores reflected the limitation.  There's a new set of rules for Noah.  I think what bothers me most is that when I look at him, it makes me aware, once again, of the false reasons we were in Iraq.  And it makes me wonder just how many men who thought they were fighting for their country came back with injuries like this - or dead.  I don't want to be on a soapbox about politics, but it's my main reason for not wanting to watch him.  I get angry FOR him.  And anger makes me squirm, gets me ranting - like I am now.  Phew.  I have nothing against the guy.  He seems pleasant enough.  I'm happy for him that he got beyond the depression and drinking to forge a new life with his girl.  But if he wins, the judges have set a precedence for allowing injury to skew the scores.

I, too, find I'm apathetic toward Riker.  Although a good dancer, Allison gets in his way - just as Mark gets in the way of his partners for me.  I tend to disregard those they dance with.  Too hard to focus on the celeb.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon May 18, 2015 9:08 am

That was Danica McKellar with the rib injury, and they absolutely marked her down because of it. 

I know what you mean about the false war and getting angry for him.  I have a good friend whose husband was in the Army National Guard.  He got sent overseas and came back with a brain injury.  He now lives in a group home because he can't be at home.  He has no short term memory, so he'll meet you one day and not know you the next.  He has the mind of a child and needed to re-learn how to do a lot of things, including being toilet-trained.  He would wander off if she didn't keep the doors locked all the time, and once he lost sight of the house, he wouldn't know where he lived to even have someone bring him home again.  And the part of his brain that controls his appetite was damaged, so food needed to be kept locked up or he would eat constantly.  He used to be a very fit guy who loved to exercise but not he's probably gained 30 or 40 pounds because of the eating disorder.  And he has no sense of personal boundaries, so she couldn't even take him out because he would walk up to strangers and start talking to them or want to hug them.  It's cute in a child but creepy in an adult.  So although she will not divorce him, he hasn't lived with the family for the last 10 years.  They had 3 kids who lost out on their father.  And all for nothing really.  I'm happy that Noah was able to do as much with his life as he has - some are not that fortunate.  And I know it sounds really odd to use the word 'fortunate' to apply to Noah. 

The other thing with Riker is that, although he's good, I think he could have been great with a better pro.  He tends to hunch a lot and sometimes he's kind of 'spastic' in his movements instead of refined.  I don't think Allison has taught him anything in terms of technique - he's relying on muscle memory from when he was a dancer, I think.  If Cheryl had been around this season or Karina, Riker could be mopping the floor with everyone else.  Instead he's really only 3rd best after Rumer and Nastia.  Maybe even 4th after Willow who was starting to develop some technique.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top