Claire Season 16

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Season 16 - Page 3 Empty Re: Claire Season 16

Post by rkc1960 Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:02 pm

Oops, sorry for the duplicate post. Not sure how that happened.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:25 pm

Isn't it kind of odd that Tayshia had short notice that she would be the bachelorette yet she had all the fancy evening gowns and clothes she needed all while being quarantined?  I'm sure it takes these gals a long time to get the clothes they wear for the show.  Claire wore some pretty dresses and I bet they weren't just hanging in her closet waiting for an occasion to wear them.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:02 pm

Mule, good observation. She did have nice dresses from being on Colton’s season. I wonder if we’ll notice any duplicates 😝 Nah, just kidding. I’m sure earlier on she knew she would be replacing Clare and they very well could have had a personal shopper bring dresses to her and do fittings. After all, there was probably a lot of extra time during quarantine.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 08, 2020 7:08 pm

I thought the show paid for some of the fancier clothes.  They don't have that kind of money for those dresses, do they?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:19 pm

I just looked it up and the leads do not pay for their own clothes if that is what you were referring to.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:41 pm

They showed CH calling Neil Lane to get a ring, but they didn't show CH calling Tayshia about being the next bachelorette.   Maybe it's because Tayshia had already gotten that call?   (They had showed CH calling Hannah B about being bachelorette.)   But Tayshia's vague evasive answer on TV as to when she got the call was already suspect, like production wouldn't want her to say.  (She said it was "sometime in the summer.")
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:57 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Skt8, I’m glad you brought up that one part I forgot to comment on. You were talking about how after the proposal Dale said an odd thing. Was it the same part where Clare was saying she knew it was him from the beginning and Dale’s response was “and I accepted it”?  He said that twice.  I thought it was quite odd the way he said it like he was pushed into it happening so fast.  ... 

It was during their dinner date and after Dale says that he’s falling in love and Clare says “me too.”  Dale says that “it's [their love] is right here right in front of our face” and Clare says “what is happening?”  That's when Dale says “it is what it is,” and then Clare says “what is happening” again.    

I hardly ever say “it is what it is” but I wouldn’t say “it is what it is” after a declaration of love for each other. lol 

I was kind of bored with the proposal scene the first time I saw it, but I've rewatched the proposal scene and I see where he said “I accepted it.”  It was after the proposal, acceptance of proposal, and after he and Clare said they saw this coming.  It was then that he said he accepted it.  The guy has a way with words ... Not.   Confused  lol

Yeah, I think it's like you said, it was odd saying it that way like he was pushed into it happening so fast.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:40 pm

I don't think he knew just what he was going to do at the proposal.  His face didn't give much away.  There was a pause when he knew it was his turn and he said yeah, I'm going to do it.  Sounded like he decided right at that moment.  I don't know how sincere he is.  He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would hurt anybody, but maybe he figures he
'll give it a try.  lol  Not exactly the way to decide in marriage  though. Kind of odd to say yeah I'm going to do it as if he was deciding which way to cut his hair.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:33 am

I agree with what you all are saying. Yes, he did it like he said he was going to do, but I don’t see him following through with it unless it would be a loooooooooong engagement. I think Clare probably wants to rush him to the altar before he changes his mind and leaves like everyone else. I just don’t see it happening for them.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:56 pm

I figured they would probably be bringing in a few more guys since Tayshia only had 16 to chose from, but they made sure one of them was going to be the troublemaker. Plus Jason left. So she only has 18 to choose from. I really didn’t think many of the original guys were all that great looking. I guess they just aren’t my taste.

As to the group date, ehhh, didn’t really impress me. Does look however like Spencer isn’t going to be well liked. I can see why Tayshia gave him the first impression rose though. He is probably one of the best looking ones there.

I think that her and Brendan seem to have really hit it off. They seem to have a lot in common including both having been divorced. Maybe he would be a good choice for her.

As to CH’s interview with Clare and Dale, just because they said they didn’t talk in advance of the show airing doesn’t necessarily mean they didn’t. I would like to think she is being truthful since she swore on her father’s grave that she didn’t. However, they really shouldn’t release the names and photos of the contestants before the season starts. That’s also a way that the leads can look them up and do their own investigation before the season starts airing. Just the way that Clare described what she saw about Dale you know she started obsessing about him and had it in her mind who she wanted before she met all the guys. They all need to start on an even playing field at the beginning. It’s the leads job to figure it out once they start the season.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:51 pm

Claire does a lot of talking, but says nothing new.  blah blah blah  I know what I want.  I didn't settle,  My dad would be proud. I swear on my dad's grave.  geez she is obsessed.  i think she is a spoiled child with some deep issues.  Poor Dale.  She didn't let him talk hardly at all and he just sunk back like he wasn't even there.  Maybe he is really what she wants, including $$$$.  He was an NFL player so he might have some money.  Why he wants to put up with her i can't figure out.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Claire Season 16 - Page 3 Empty funny tweets

Post by thisoldmule Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:08 pm

www.buzzfeed.com/caseyrackham/the-bachelorette-tweets-week-5-2020?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeed&ref=bffbbuzzfeed&&fbclid=IwAR2QYaOsIWgEtydxVkdPJwzEmqJowpzHzxVsEeMSAXIPePqEHukli6NcCUQ
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm

You almost expect cattiness when girls are involved but I hate watching men act so childish. I was hoping Tayshia would just send Chasen and Ed home but unfortunately she kept them both. She seemed agitated by it so I assume she was made to keep them for drama. Ed came off as a tattletale while Chasen came off as a bully. He should have left his inner Wolverine at home. I found him to be one of the least attractive in the house and now with the aggressive attitude even less so. To me men that act that aggressive send up red flags. Even if they are not physically abusive in a relationship they they can be verbally abusive. I’ve been there so I get a really bad sense of him.

As to Tayshia, I like her so much better as Bachelorette than Clare. I’m hoping we don’t see Clare back on any show within this franchise.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:46 pm

Ed was insufferable.  He wouldn't shut up.  If Clare and Dale get married, it would be on ABC.  There was an article that said that married couples get $10,000 per hour of TV programming of their wedding.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:39 pm

rkc,        As to Tayshia, I like her so much better as Bachelorette than Clare. I’m hoping we don’t see Clare back on any show within this franchise.

I'm afraid we will see Claire again when she breaks up with Dale.  I wonder if his goals are the same as hers.  Kids right off the bat.  After all, she is 39.  Is he ready for that?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:38 pm

I just don’t see Clare and Dale lasting, even if they do get married. I think it’s time to retire Clare because she just doesn’t have the draw like others have. Comes a time you just have to stop trying to find a person on tv and just look for someone in real life.

Mule, I don’t think Dale and Clare necessary have the same goals at the present moment. A couple of times now Clare answered a question that you could tell Dale didn’t feel the same way. Last week I saw an article that Dale was getting ready to buy a big fancy place. I forget where it was. There was no mention of Clare moving in with him. First thing a I thought was either he had some money already or he was planning on having some money in the near future.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Claire Season 16 - Page 3 Empty Bachelorette Podcast

Post by Bachademic Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:29 pm

Hey everyone, first time poster! Love the chatter and thought I might add to it. Do you want an educational/research based take on each episode of The Bachelorette? We (two college professor with expertise in dating and communication and a crazy love of the Bachelor franchise) have started a podcast about it! You can listen on any podcast app under the name "Bachademia", or access the video version below.  Finally, send any questions or topics to our twitter ( @Bachademia )DM or email Bachademia at gmail.com - We hope you enjoy!

Bachademic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top