Claire Season 16

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Claire Season 16 - Page 2 Empty Re: Claire Season 16

Post by skt8word Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:49 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/reality-steve-says-bachelorette-producers-113800207.html
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:14 pm

I thought I heard Clare say the men were insulting him, but for some reason I didn't hear her say fiancé.  I must have taken it for granted.  Yes, even though Clare is annoying, it is entertaining.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:48 pm

Claire's comment about she won't apologize for love just kills me.  She has been rude and only thinks about herself.  You'd think she is new to this show.  They had to know very early that she wanted Dale, but then she didn't play the game and hide her feelings.  She was a poor choice for the lead.  Add to that that they can't go anywhere on dates and it is a boring show.  If Claire had been asked to play nude dodge ball you better believe she would throw a fit and say how awful she was treated.  But when one of the men felt it was wrong and spoke up she didn't like it.  I don't know if this season can be saved.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:33 am

Something that gets me/kills me is when Clare says to the camera that:  Dale wasn't technically on this date today, and this date was still about Dale and me.

Well, it didn't have to be  if she didn't keep asking the other guys about Dale. 

I haven't really been into the season, but I think a lot of people will be excited about the switch.  Even if they hate the season so far, they'll tune in to see how things blow up or to see if men leave or to see the switch go down at least.    So they'll have the switch, and then CH will get to say that this has never happened before in the history of the show. And that it's the most dramatic season ever.  Lol.  Rolling Eyes
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:38 pm

This is crazy. I read a few things since my last comment. Yeah, RS is saying the plan all along was to replace Clare with Tayshia. He says that it was all productions idea and that Clare nor the guys knew about the planned switch. If that is what they did without the lead even being let in on it, that is just crazy. I guess they basically manipulated the whole thing so she would want to leave with Dale. Funny, they announced Clare would be the bachelorette back on March 2nd. All the protests and unrest started May 26th regarding George Floyd. July is when they started filming Clare’s season. Apparently she had barely started filming when she was told she blew up the season of the bachelorette and replaced with Tayshia. Seems like an awful lot of manipulation on the part of the producers to replace a white woman with a black woman. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for diversity on the show but not when the producers all the sudden had a change of heart and forces someone off the show to do it. That’s just wrong. 

As to Dale, they are claiming Dale proposed to Clare not even 2 weeks after meeting her which I guess is why Clare could have referred to him as her fiancé and why it was all over for her. Weird. You don’t even know someone that well in that short amount of time. I also read that Dale was head over heels for some golfer chick named Seema Sadekar and that they broke up before he went in the show. Kinda sounds like a rebound.

Claire Season 16 - Page 2 80b46e17-aaaa-462e-880a-38c83dfec5d3
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks for that news, rkc.  Knowing how manipulated this show has been in the past, I am not one bit surprised.  I thought it seemed unlikely since Tayshia would need to be in quarantine.  It could be editing that shows how much Claire focused on Dale.  It could happen in other seasons but they don't show it.  This time they wanted a reason to replace Claire.  They had to do something different to keep it interesting.  I don't like how Claire has been in other seasons, so I probably wouldn't have watched except I knew she was replaced.

I thought Dale was good looking when I first saw him.  I think he is quite a bit younger than Claire.  Whether or not he is as in love with her as she is with him will take time to see.  Undoubtedly he is there to promote himself.  I'm not sure how sincere he is.  I like what we have seen of him so far.  He came in to 'win' that seems obvious to me.

I thought there seemed to be quite a few black men on the show this time.  I don't mean that in a bad way either.  Are they just being more diverse or could it be more to do with Tayshia being there or maybe BLM?  Who knows
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:16 pm

Dale is 32.  I think they would pick the guys by what kind of guys the bachelorette likes.  She obviously likes diversity.  Dale doesn't remind me of a football player but I'm not that into sports.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MindlessFun Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:50 pm

Well the whole conspiracy theory about the editing made it look like Claire was so into Dale, so that the producers could justify her going off the show, so they could replace her with a black woman, is crazy. Claire has professed her love for Dale. Apparently, they are (still) engaged. Unless the producers were God, I doubt they could have arranged that to happen. With that said, Claire was a terrible pick for Bachelorette to begin with, and the producers might be jumping for joy. And Taysia might be the answer to their dreams....but...the 'love' Claire feels, is real. Bye Claire...
MindlessFun
MindlessFun

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:06 pm

So I'm watching this tonight and I'm still wondering if Dale has any feelings for Claire.  Then I wondered if they stayed together even until this episode aired.  Not entirely sure but it appears they are still together, sort of, maybe.   I wonder if they paid them to pretend to be together until after this incarnation of the show ends.
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonbat Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:24 pm

They should be paying us to watch this..
Moonbat
Moonbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:07 am

I'm glad Clare found someone.  I'm glad Tayshia is on the show, but I wish she would have more guys.  Could that be the surprise next week?  Though they wouldn't have time to quarantine them.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Fri Nov 06, 2020 1:05 pm

All I can say is "Poor Dale".  I'm sure he does "love" Claire but it was so rushed that he wasnt given much chance to really understand what he was getting into.  I wish them well but I wont be surprised if they begin to learn things about each other that didnt come up during their short time together on the show.
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:01 pm

So true...I remember when I first met my hubby (not my first marriage), I thought he was perfect! It took me about three months till that wore off. LOL He was a great person, but nobody is perfect and I waited more than two years before I married him.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:45 pm

I agree with you Moon...poor Dale. He may have feelings of some sort of love towards her but watching his body language and facial expressions I can’t help but feel like some of that was coerced. Most guys, or females for that matter are not even thinking saying I love you after such a short time let alone propose marriage. And when Clare was giving her speech at the end and she was telling Dale that every guy leaves her but she knew he would never leave her, I bet he had some real doubts going through his head. She just reminds me of a teenager that falls for every guy at first sight that she thinks is cute. The fact that every guy leaves her should make her look within herself and ask herself why that is. If she doesn’t work on herself then I don’t see anything lasting for her.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:48 pm

I wonder if they leave her because she is too needy.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:06 pm

Glitters, I am thinking the same thing. Men don’t tend to stay with needy women. It’s too much pressure. Just the fact that she barely knows him and she is saying to him that she believes he will never leave her....the look on his face when she was saying all this didn’t remind me of a happy “in love” guy. I always wish for the best for people but you just can’t ignore the gut feeling that something isn’t right. The guys in the house knew Dale more than her because they spent more time with him and they were concerned for her getting hurt by Dale.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:45 pm

I couldn't see from Dale's facial expressions on the 1 on 1 date whether Dale is in love   or that he's excited about Clare.  Funny how after they declare their love for each other, he says "it is what it is."  He had subdued reactions to what just transpired.   Maybe he loves her, but I think he felt pressure from the show to propose that early.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:49 pm

rkc1960 wrote:Glitters, I am thinking the same thing. Men don’t tend to stay with needy women. It’s too much pressure. Just the fact that she barely knows him and she is saying to him that she believes he will never leave her....the look on his face when she was saying all this didn’t remind me of a happy “in love” guy. I always wish for the best for people but you just can’t ignore the gut feeling that something isn’t right. The guys in the house knew Dale more than her because they spent more time with him and they were concerned for her getting hurt by Dale.
Some of the men might have been jealous.  Lol.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Who knows if it will work, but I don't know why they made him propose so soon instead of just continuing the relationship.  Maybe that isn't dramatic enough.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:58 pm

I didn’t know he proposed to her so early before she called him her fiance in last week’s episode (or that voiceover was left in   out of context).  I was kind of bored during Clare and Dale’s 1 on 1 dinner date.  I guess I just wanted to get to the end of the episode when Tayshia would be announced and to see the guys react.   

So new bachelorette, new President.  Tayshia seems delightful in episode 4, though she was only there at the tail end. lol.    

Tayshia was asked on TV about when she got the call to be bachelorette, and she just said every day blurs in itself because of the quarantine, every day is the same day, that it was “sometime in the summer.”  A vague and evasive answer.  Probably because production planned to make the switch early on and she can't say when they called her.   

If Tayshia wasn’t going to be the new bachelorette, they would have planned early on to switch to another new bachelorette.  The thought of one bachelorette for an entire season where they’re stuck in one location actually sounds boring.  CH had said some seasons ago that they always like to change things up too.   And if they never had the idea and plan to make the switch, they would have urged Clare to finish the season and give other relationships more of a chance, and they would have edited things so that the season looks different and not a constant Clare and Dale show the first few weeks.   They also left out a scene of Clare kissing another guy, not Blake but I think it was Ben.  It was in one of the early previews.   They didn’t have to edit scenes to make it look like Clare was so into Dale -- she’s undoubtedly very into Dale, probably liked him from what she saw from him on social media.  I read that production knew she would fall for Dale.  Maybe they didn’t “know” but they thought it would happen from their conversations with her before filming.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:07 pm

I was thinking after the show that they edited it so Clare seemed flighty and selfish so everyone would get upset at her and the show would get a lot of attention.  I don't know.  They seem like a good couple.  We'll see how long they make it.  I wanted Tayshia to be bachelorette from the beginning, so I'm glad she got it.  You know that Jojo will take over Chris' hosting duties for a couple of weeks while he takes his son to college and has to be in quarantine.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:40 pm

I heard JoJo will take over, yes.  Good.  IMO it'll be a nice change even if only for a couple of weeks.   

I thought they edited things in episode 3 partially so that viewers would be thrilled to see her go and excited to see a new bachelorette take over (although Clare gives them a lot to work with, enough cringeworthy moments).   

I heard there's a new preview for Tayshia's part of the season.  I don't think it's a spoiler as I think it's ABC's official bachelorette show Instagram.  There are a few new faces in there.  They had to have them quarantine too so that they would be ready.  If anyone wants to see it:    https://www.instagram.com/p/CHPQ0bJgIsD/?fbclid=IwAR2UHSFLqJ-r3UqKn8i_vxoEougGpQJo6DqOUdFS7KiBxhZZiHrmYs5evgk
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Thanks for that.  I just watched it.  I'm so glad she is on.  That clip made me miss JPJ.  They were so funny together.  She would act like why do I like this guy?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:15 am

Skt8, I’m glad you brought up that one part I forgot to comment on. You were talking about how after the proposal Dale said an odd thing. Was it the same part where Clare was saying she knew it was him from the beginning and Dale’s response was “and I accepted it”? He said that twice. I thought it was quite odd the way he said it like he was pushed into it happening so fast. Also when he started to get up from being down on one knee and she pushed him back down and wanted him to put the ring on her finger and she said, “I waited a lot of years for this”...ummm, didn’t she already have that experience with Benoit when he got down on one knee and proposed to her wi5 a ring on the finale of the Bachelor Winter Games? How quickly she forgot when it was only a couple of years ago. Wouldn’t that be kind of a slap in the face to Benoit?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:59 pm

Skt8, I’m glad you brought up that one part I forgot to comment on. You were talking about how after the proposal Dale said an odd thing. Was it the same part where Clare was saying she knew it was him from the beginning and Dale’s response was “and I accepted it”? He said that twice. I thought it was quite odd the way he said it like he was pushed into it happening so fast. Also when he started to get up from being down on one knee and she pushed him back down and wanted him to put the ring on her finger and she said, “I waited a lot of years for this”...ummm, didn’t she already have that experience with Benoit when he got down on one knee and proposed to her wi5 a ring on the finale of the Bachelor Winter Games? How quickly she forgot when it was only a couple of years ago. Wouldn’t that be kind of a slap in the face to Benoit?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top