The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 5 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:03 am

I wasn't sure who was who with Eric.  The guy at the basketball court was a cousin, but I don't know who the lady with light hair was.  Thought it was his mom at first, but then his mom was the second lady with dark hair.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with Eric's family.  The way he described them I thought it would be way different.  Was that their own residence?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 5 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:11 am

Ughwhatname wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:What in the world was all that with Dean's dad?????  So bizarre.  I wanted to laugh, but also cry for Dean as he went through that.  Very brave of Dean to put his family for all to see and to put himself through that. 

Has anybody heard of whatever 'group/religion/cult/whatever it is that Dean's dad was a member of?

I believe Dean said, "Sikh" or "Sikh-like" when describing his father.

My personal experience is similar and so I could relate to almost all parties in that visit.
OK, you are right, Sikh.  I should have looked it up first, didn't mean to sound like I was making  fun of it.  It has origins in India.  

In what way is it similar to you?

I have a friend whose mom died when my friend was 14.  Her dad wasn't much help to the kids.  He seemed to go about his own life, looking for a wife, and neglected the kids.  He seemed totally selfish and had no clue.  My friend , needless to say, has issues with her dad still.  I feel bad for Dean.

Dean is very cute.    Laughing
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:17 am

I think seeing Bryan in his hometown explains more about him.  He didn't seem insincere or fake.  When he was talking to those men playing dominoes and he was dancing he seemed charming to them.  And his family was the same.  It's just who he is.  Being his mother's only child made things a little more clear too.  I have a friend who is from Korea and she has an only child, a son, she is EXACTLY the same way about her son.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:24 am

Peter seemed stand offish.  Maybe he is just too cautious for this type of dating, but glad he is being true to who he is.  The show seemed to edit  Vanessa the same way during Nick's season.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:44 am

thisoldmule wrote:I wasn't sure who was who with Eric.  The guy at the basketball court was a cousin, but I don't know who the lady with light hair was.  Thought it was his mom at first, but then his mom was the second lady with dark hair.  I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with Eric's family.  The way he described them I thought it would be way different.  Was that their own residence?
I'm wondering that too.  Didn't Eric say that they lived in the projects in a poor section of town? That looked like a luxury
apartment to me.  I liked his family; they were warm and loving.
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:52 am

Yes, Eric said that.  His family was great.  His mom's explanation of why she never told him as a child that he was loved, made no sense to me. smh  They didn't seem at all like he described them.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:55 am

thisoldmule wrote:What in the world was all that with Dean's dad?????  So bizarre.  I wanted to laugh, but also cry for Dean as he went through that.  Very brave of Dean to put his family for all to see and to put himself through that. 

Has anybody heard of whatever 'group/religion/cult/whatever it is that Dean's dad was a member of?
That was painful to watch. I felt so sorry for him. He was indeed brave.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 am

Eric's family probably has more money now than when he was growing up and maybe that's why they were where they were.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 am

Dean is one of the best looking men they've had on the show but not ready for 
marriage. He needs to resolve his conflicts with his dad privately and not in front 
of a television camera.  If that is ineffective, he should consult a therapist. 

Peter is indecisive and probably wants to be the next Bach.  
I'm still hoping for a surprise Fl as in Des' season. Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:21 am

Well, Dean is going to be on BIP so I don't know if that means he wouldn't be considered for the next bachelor.  I kind of think Dean has more charisma than Peter and could carry the show better, but I could be wrong about that.  I even thought of Eric being the next bachelor and then they would have the first black bachelor, but they will probably completely surprise us with the new bachelor.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:38 am

I actually feel bad for Dean's dad.  Obviously, he has taken the death of his wife so hard, that he had totally changed his life to probably not have a daily reminder of what he lost.  He sounds as though he has taken it much harder than even the kids.  You could tell from his emotions when he presented Rachel with the feathers, that he is still broken.
I'm sure Dean wanted more of an emotional connection and comfort, but damn, give the guy a little slack.   

Peter's hometown was awkward in the fact that his body language seems to show he isn't as interested in Rachel as he thought he was.  I think he is realizing that maybe their "connection" was short lived or maybe he can sense her heart is with someone else.  

Eric's family was really great.  He finally seemed real, however his interviews at the end of the hometown seemed like he had a little too much wine.  I believe the boy was sauced.

Bryan - I think I fell in love.  Did you see the way he moved?  Wow.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:49 am

I can't give Dean's dad any slack.  As the parent, he should have made sure his kids were ok.  Last night when Dean tried to talk to him, the dad was an a$$, still only concerned about himself.  Telling Dean he had one foot in the past and needs to move on, showed no concern at all for Dean.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 pm

It's an unfair judgement based on only Dean's point of view.   There are other children involved as well. They don't seem to hold such hostility against him (or as it appeared).  

Here is an unfair judgement: Dean is a typical Millennial that needs his hand held throughout his entire life.   He needs to suck it up and stop being so whiny.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:54 pm

I didn't think Dean seemed hostile or rude about his father.  He seems wounded. It might be that his siblings are older than he is and were better able to handle the situation of losing their mother.

I thought Paramroop was rude right at the beginning when Dean walked into the house and Paramroop said  Here comes King Dean.  That sounded hostile and sarcastic to me.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:46 pm

At this point my favorite is Bryan.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:50 pm

I liked Peter from the beginning until the last few weeks. If he didn't want a wife at his age he should not have been on this show. I think Rachel was going to pick him until the last few weeks. Bryan will be the winner. IMO
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:55 pm

I understood it that Peter needs more time before deciding that he wants to take someone as his wife.  It seems understandable to want more time.  I think Rachel is kind of impatient and expecting too much too soon.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:12 am

ITA, Glitter. I've been thinking that for awhile!  As intelligent as she seems, doesn't she understand that what she expects so soon is superficial and honesty should be admired!  I suppose that's why so many don't make it once they have to deal with everyday issues! Reality hits! Ashamed
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:07 pm

Bryan is her best choice - even though his mother is very clingy and over emotional and he is probably a bit of a mommas boy - he has treated Rachel wonderfully from Day 1 and is obviously in love with her. 

I dont see a future with Eric because he is going to be struggling in life and I would think as a personal trainer in Los Angeles he will be working too closely and physically with women clients which is just asking for trouble Wink

Peter just isnt ready to commit - she's giving him a chance but i dont see it happening if it hasnt happened already.

I can understand where Dean is coming from ... when you feel abandoned by a parent it doesnt just go away - you need that parent to feel your pain and apologize in order to move on so Rachel was right to pass on Dean because until he deals with this he will be forever wounded and carrying this baggage into any relationship.
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:25 pm

I don't know whether anyone answered the original question about the light haired lady at Eric's HTD but I believe they said it was his Aunt. Not sure why it seemed like she talked more then the Mom. Maybe his Aunt had more to do with his upbringing if Eric and his Mom had issues. I also wondered about where they met up at. It sort of reminded me of a fancy hotel from the outside entrance. Maybe they met up there so people didn't see where they really lived. Who knows. 

Wasn't crazy about Dean's HTD. I feel bad for him but he is too damaged to be getting into a serious relationship with someone at this point. Seems like both he and his Dad are being really hard headed and not wanting to bend. I think the only reason he even opened up to his Dad is because Rachel made him feel bad if he didn't. I don't even know why the Dad even had the crew come into his home for this. When he was outside talking to Rachel he looked like he was starting to say something as an explanation but turned and saw the camera's and got up, looked angry and shut down the conversation. I was uncomfortable even watching it. The HTD turned into something that had nothing to do with Rachel and Dean.

I still like Peter the best but I think the HTD was the kiss of death for that relationship. I don't blame him for wanting to take his time and not rush anything. Rachel obviously wants to come out of this engaged which I think is really stupid that you won't consider anyone that thinks they might want to wait to get to know someone before they propose. 

I see Bryan a little differently after the HTD but I'm still not sure how 100% sincere he is being in front of the camera's. Rachel is obviously totally enamored by him. He was the only one she called baby. I would tread cautiously if I was her. His mother is kind of scary. The looks that the camera's caught on her face said a lot. I don't know if she will ever truly like any woman that takes her baby away. I get it, mothers love their kids but she considers him the love of her life and he obviously means everything to her. If I was Rachel I would probably run as fast as I could from that situation. 

And what was up with Rachel running up and jumping into every guys arms and wrapping her legs around them in greeting? I just think you should reserve that for someone you were really into. Just an observation. Just seemed weird.      
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:38 pm

The leg wrap leap is a staple on every Bach franchise show. Why I don't know because it's been old for years now. I think it would be hilarious if one of these women came barrelling along, jumped on the guy and knocked him over! Of course we would never be allowed to see it but man it would be funny.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:11 am

Jumping on a guy and knocking him over, haha.  That would be funny if they put that on a blooper reel. Very Happy

I felt bad for Dean before they walked into the dad's home, during, and after.  I wondered, too, if he brought up issues to his dad because Rachel questioned Dean about it.  In an interview Dean said the conversation with his dad was four hours, though.  Apparently he had a lot to hash out or wasn't getting anywhere.  I felt that Rachel let Dean go because he hasn't worked out those issues with his dad.  She told him he might not ready for the "next step."

I don't really want to see Rachel end up with Bryan.  I'm not convinced she knows him well enough.  I think he's probably a mama's boy and perhaps would value her opinion over Rachel's.  I agree with rkc, and I would probably run from that situation too.  Or at least ask some hard questions. 

I've been thinking Peter is not ready, but maybe he's also just not into Rachel enough, and he just doesn't realize it.  I have a feeling that if he were a future Bachelor, he would find someone he's into more and then he would be ready.

By the way I heard the ratings are down this season by 24 percent.  I usually don't hear about or care much about the ratings, but probably the producers will be making a change because of that.  I don't mean just more drama.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:24 am

Maybe one reason ratings are down is how chopped up this season is.  Rose ceremonies in the middle of an episode instead of the end.  That makes it hard to remember what happened or why she might choose one guy over another.  Skip a week, then 2 episodes, skip again.  It takes the steam out of it for me.

Another reason is how predictable and fake some things are.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:27 am

They said it was only down from JoJo's seasons but on par with Andi and Kaitlyn's seasons.  That's weird.  I certainly don't think JoJo is more interesting than Rachel, but maybe JoJo's bachelors were more interesting.

Last edited by Glittersisgld on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 am

I felt it was choppy too with the missed episodes, and also I think she could have had more interesting guys on the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top