The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by therealdfshary Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:49 pm

rkc1960 wrote:My belief after watching this season is that Rachel may be a smart woman when it comes to her career, but she is pretty dumb in her personal life. I think Jimmy Kimmel said it perfectly and voiced what most of us think about this craziness of getting engaged after a couple dates.

I don't believe her when she said that she knew it was Bryan since the HTD's and her saying she knew it when she was defending him against her family...oh please...she wouldn't be the first lead to try to cover up the truth to save face or to make their new significant other think something other then what the truth is. We all watched that final time with Peter. You can usually tell when someone is play acting and that was not any act on either of their parts. I can only imagine what questions must be going through Bryan's mind after seeing that. Just the fact that Rachel was so distracted on that date with Bryan after she had been with Peter the day before said a lot. If she knew it wasn't Peter at that point then there was no reason for her to be so distracted and bothered by it. I call BS on that whole song and dance she was trying to sell everyone last night. Just the fact that she was being so rude to Peter during ATFR, even after he apologized spoke of how affected she is still by it all and how deep her feelings went for him. I also don't buy that she tried to claim her emotions were due to the whole thing reminding her of her past relationship. Bull crap! There is a big difference between being with someone for a few years with no proposal and being with someone for a couple of weeks with no proposal. And did she think no one realized what she was doing when she made that statement TWICE that she didn't think the format of this show is for him? She clearly doesn't want him to be named the next Bachelor. I think she would be jealous if it happened. I already saw an article a couple weeks ago where she said she didn't want any of her final men to be named the next Bachelor because she is territorial where they are concerned....uh huh.

And I agree with what you said, mule. I also think she sold out for a proposal. I saw similar variations of basically the same statement today that should strike a nerve with Rachel...she didn't necessarily choose Bryan, that's who she was left with. 

She wanted that proposal so bad that she was not being sensitive to Peter's feelings at all and his opinion on what he wanted in a relationship with her. That conversation on that last date they had was disturbing. He said to her that it was too new to say I am going to give away that one thing that I hold so special and dear to my heart that I'll never get back. I have one opportunity and I want to make sure it's right. She at that point interrupted him, "You don't only have one opportunity. You're choosing to have only one opportunity." Peter replied, "I choose that one opportunity and that is my choice." Obviously she doesn't care if she get's numerous proposals over her lifetime. Maybe others don't feel that way and she should respect that. That is something sacred to some people. I still believe what I said a few weeks ago, especially after watching her last night. I think she wanted the whole experience since she went on the Bachelorette. She wanted a proposal regardless because she also wanted to get that big hunk of ice placed on her finger for the first time in her life. Her reaction when Bryan pulled out the ring at the proposal and again when he got it out and gave it to her at ATFR said she placed a lot of emphasis on that ring. So yes, I do believe she sold out for a proposal. Good luck to her with mommy dearest!

I also don't agree when people say that Peter should have not went on the show if he was not going to propose in the end. I have heard previous contestants say on numerous occasions that they go on the show for the experience and to travel. Lets face it, not many people go on the show for the "right reasons" and I'm sure the majority would never dream that they would actually get chosen in the end. The ones that actually develop true feelings for the other person is few and far between, I'm sure. I have no doubt after last night that Peter actually did love her AND was willing to compromise his beliefs and propose to her if it meant not losing her. And instead of her being understanding of his feelings at ATFR and ending the whole thing with grace and dignity, he was met with Rachel's bitchy side.  
I can't believe that you said everything I was thinking. All Rachel was interested in was that ring on her finger. I truly believed that she actually cared more for Peter but wanted that ring. Wait until she feels the wrath of his mom! JMO
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 8 Empty Re: The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat

Post by dori1333 Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:33 pm

Count me in on all of rkc's excellent post!  I loved what Jimmy said, it was the first truth told! I'm so glad Peter held to his convictions!  Brian said this morning on GMA that didn't bother him when he saw the tape of Peter and Rachel! My heart went out to Peter and thought Rachel and Chris put him in a difficult position! I had my doubts about Rachel and she proved me right! She will never get over on Mama!  Laughing
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:37 am

Rachel is blaming the show for making it look like she was all about the proposal. ha  Her little speech at the rose ceremony telling the guys she expects a proposal puts it squarely on her own shoulders.

Eric said that he is usually the one in control in a relationship, but with Rachel he just kicked back and let her run things and that seemed to work well.  Maybe that is why she chose Bryan, because she can be in charge.  Bryan is used to mama being in control so is good with a bossy woman.  Peter on the hand, stuck to his own thoughts and convictions.  Maybe that is one of the things Rachel said she had noticed (negatively) about Peter a few weeks earlier.  She wants to be in charge.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:27 am

Great post, RKC!  Totally agree.

Rachel proved herself to be a real diva last night.   Peter dodged a bullet!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:01 am

Rachel said in an interview that she wasn't in love with Peter.  That's the latest lie I heard.  She had such a hard time leaving his side after he said "I wish you the best."   The way I see it, Peter broke it off, although it was hard to do.  Their conversation just before the breakup, they had some very real moments.  She had the hardest time leaving his side after he ended it.  

She said, prior to that, that she knew she was going to break up with Peter that night [that he broke it off].  No way.  Peter asked her if she wants to break up, and she told him no.  

After Peter was the first to say good-bye, her only choice was Bryan.  I just thought Bryan kind of got the final rose by default.  She wanted a proposal, above all else, but I also think she wanted both men to be ready to propose to her so that she could have a choice.  She could not decide for certain who would get the final rose, that is, until Peter broke it off.  

Rachel did come across as insensitive in the way she said she's "living her best life" when it seemed that Peter was still having a difficult time.   The look on his face when she said that... he didn't deserve to hear that.  

Apparently, the producers don't plan to announce the next Bachelor until the end of BIP season -- or after end of the season.  I hope they weren't seriously listening to Rachel's opinions that the show or this process is not for Peter.  I mean, not that I necessarily want to see him as the Bachelor, but I hope her comments don't have that effect.

By the way, since they couldn't introduce the next Bachelor, the finale seemed even longer than it already was.  They just had that filler of hearing about Rachel's reactions to all the playbacks.  A play-by-play of Rachel's feelings before the rose ceremony playback,  after the rose ceremony playback, then again just before seeing someone again (Eric) in a long time, and then again after he left the stage -- I mean, I've grown to like Eric, but listening to all of Rachel's reactions felt like overkill.  They should go back to the old format.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:35 am

I don't think Rachel has that much power to effect who becomes the next bachelor.  They're going to pick who they want, but I don't believe Peter would even be interested in doing that.  He doesn't seem like the type who would be interested.  I think they brought Eric on because he was one of the three remaining bachelors.  Don't they usually bring on the 3 remaining?  I don't think they always tell us who the new bachelor will be at the close of the season, do they?  I thought they tell us at different times.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:12 am

I don't think she has much power.  ... just maybe if Bachelor Nation adores and listens to her, and in turn that influences the decision on who's Bachelor eventually.  But I guess not.  

Oh, I just remembered Nick was announced as a Bachelor at the end of BIP season.  I forgot about that, I guess because Rachel was announced so early.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:26 am

FB is alive with B'chette postmortems. Lots of furious people that now hate Rachel because she didn't pick the man THEY wanted - Peter. Personally, I figured it was Bryan from about week three. Rachel was so very different around Bryan. She just came alive and was almost giddy. Never saw that with anyone else. 

I am reminded of the Nick Bach season. All the Raven lovers who claimed to hate Nick were livid when he picked Vanessa. Made me laugh and smh. If you adore Raven and despise Nick why would you want him to choose her? Lordy, Lordy, people are strange.

Anyhow, life goes on. Rachel and Bryan will make it or not (I hope they do) and Peter got some good exposure as did Eric. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am

I'm not as good remembering everyone names as all you guys, so forgive me!  I'm so happy she didn't end up picking Peter or the one with the precious little girl!  When he said 'You know where I am " I thought oh shush!! lol Bryan and she will be fine as long as she doesn't butt heads with Mama!   Don't think mama will like her control over Bryan! That will be something worthy of a "to be continued show"
Did you all see where Juan got married? He was another who stuck to his guns and guess he finally found the one! I hope eventually Peter does! Lucky lady!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:29 pm

I am one of the few who always liked JP and I follow him on Twitter and FB so I was so pleased when he married his lovely lady. JP is a devoted father and his little girl was so happy too.

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 8 Img_0631
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I certainly wasn't a Raven fan.  I don't understand that.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Thank you, Les. I also liked him and so glad to see him happy!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:23 pm

Why do guys use the first, middle and last name of their girl when proposing?  Is there some kind of rule that says to do that?  It seems they should be on a first name basis at that point.

During Bryan's proposal the wind was blowing so hard I thought Rachel's tarantula eyelashes were going to blow off.    And then when Bryan was carrying her down that steep path his legs were wobbling so bad I was holding my breath.  So glad he realized it was dangerous and put her down.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by AGnawKneeMoose Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:30 pm

About the only thing to be happy about in the finale is that we won't be subjected to Bryan "saying all the right things" to 25 different women.  Dodged a bullet there as far as I'm concerned.

I give Rachel very high marks on the season as a whole, but I was annoyed with her behavior towards Peter afterwards.  If you've moved on and are happily engaged, you shouldn't be holding grudges at that point.  The whole "be true to yourself.  I don't think this show can work for you" was quite clearly a passive aggressive attack that translates to "If you come back as the Bachelor,  you were obviously just playing me all along to land the gig - and don't you let me catch you doing that."  Whether there's truth to that and whether anyone listens to her or not, it simply didn't reflect well on Rachel in that moment.  There was a higher road to be taken there and she didn't.

That said, I think people are being way too hard on her for the decision she made while the show was still running.  Peter wasn't willing to commit to her, so she wasn't willing to commit to him.  After dealing with boyfriends in the past who were never able to move forward in the relationship with her, I get where she's coming from.  People forget that Brookes was "the one" for Desiree.  Long, agonizing breakup there too.  She, in turn, accepted Chris' proposal and that hasn't worked out too badly.  I don't especially like Bryan or trust his sincerity, but he wouldn't have been there at that point if Rachel didn't.  Sometimes, even if it's not what we planned, it still all works out for the best.  For their sake, I hope it does.

Peter... I generally like the guy and I respect his views, but he made his choices and so I don't feel bad for him either.  He put his personal honor and principles above his partner and as a result, he lost her.  An engagement on the Bachelor is very different than outside of it for all the reasons we know.  You barely know the person.  Very frequently these things don't work out and they call it off.  That's understood going in.  It's one thing to go on the show for the experience not expecting to find love.  A lot of contestants openly admit to that.  Going on the show knowing that at your core, you won't be able to make the expected sign of intent to move forward in the relationship at the end of it... that just doesn't make much sense to me.

Last edited by AGnawKneeMoose on Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

AGnawKneeMoose

Back to top Go down

Post by AGnawKneeMoose Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:45 pm

thisoldmule wrote:Why do guys use the first, middle and last name of their girl when proposing?  Is there some kind of rule that says to do that?  It seems they should be on a first name basis at that point.

It's just to formalize the event.  Plus, you wouldn't want to accidentally get engaged to every random Rachel in listening distance... and the wind could have carried that proposal a long way...

AGnawKneeMoose

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm just going to pull comments out of the above posts that I want to comment on instead of going through each one individually. It's easier that way.

Bryan can say all he wants that it didn't bother him what he saw between Peter and Rachel but I can guarantee you that isn't the truth. That's just another canned response that many others have made in past seasons and as we have seen in the past it turns out that it was a major issue in them eventually going their separate ways. Always doubting what that person had with the other one. I don't buy it.

Rachel of course is going to blame the show for making it look like she was all about the proposal....because she was!!! It was very obvious to anyone with eyeballs. There are ways they have edited in the past to make it look like something happened that didn't but they can't put words that were not spoken in someone's mouth making it look like they said them when they didn't. She said those things so she can cry all she wants but she can't get out of this one.

Rachel will definitely want to be in charge in that relationship and it will be interesting to see how soon a major dust up with mommy dearest will take place. Rachel may want to be nice and appease her at first but Rachel will eventually get her feathers ruffled and it won't be pretty. I don't see Bryan going up against his mother. He seems like too much of a mamma's boy. 

She may have swooned over Bryan during the season but she even questioned his sincerity at the beginning. He was always saying all the right things and that sends up all kinds of red flags. Bryan aside, she always had a thing for Peter, there was no denying that. Those were real feelings and real tears we saw. I don't believe her for one moment when she says she wasn't in love with Peter. That's BS. 

Rachel has no power whatsoever to influence who the next Bachelor will be. She is hoping to cast doubt in the producers minds by her rude comments but it ain't gonna happen that way. Nobody cares that much about her to let her make that kind of decision. They will go with whoever they think will get them the best ratings and by the looks of things it very well may be Peter if he chooses to do it. Bachelor Nation is blowing up the internet with support for him. I kind of hope Peter will do it even if it is just to spite Rachel!

On a side note...that red see thru dress with those weird black sleeves that she wore to that rose ceremony was ugly. I don't know who the designer was but that was a bad choice on her part. 

As for the BIP previews they showed...they just had to show a clip of the pool scene with Corrine and Demario to tease that they are going to reveal what happened. If that isn't a sad cry for ratings I don't know what is! I heard that the other cast members are not too happy that Corrine was invited back. They said that the producers were encouraging the cast members to talk about the scandal on camera during the season....surprise, surprise. Those producers are some sick people. Looks like there's gonna be a lot of drama to talk about on here. Not too crazy about the twins coming back again. They need to treat them as individual people and not like they are conjoined. If one is not chosen during a rose ceremony they need to send that one home. And btw monkey, it looks like Danielle got a boob job this time. No more flat chest for her! lol 

Last edited by rkc1960 on Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:20 pm

AGnawKneeMoose wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:Why do guys use the first, middle and last name of their girl when proposing?  Is there some kind of rule that says to do that?  It seems they should be on a first name basis at that point.

It's just to formalize the event.  Plus, you wouldn't want to accidentally get engaged to every random Rachel in listening distance... and the wind could have carried that proposal a long way...
Well now, that makes total sense.   Laughing
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:28 pm

I still think the Corrine  DeMario scandal was all for ratings.  Now they are encouraging others on the show to talk about it.  yep  One preview also showed someone saying you want drama ok I'll give you drama.  So obviously they are told to stir up trouble and feelings.  BIP is more staged and manipulated than any of the franchise's shows.

The producers will choose whoever can create either drama or a  fan favorite for the Bachelor.

I'm not sure that Peter went on the show saying he absolutely would not propose.  I think he just felt hesitant with Rachel.  Had it been someone he was totally drawn to instantly, he might have proposed.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:39 pm

thisoldmule wrote:I still think the Corrine  DeMario scandal was all for ratings.  Now they are encouraging others on the show to talk about it.  yep  One preview also showed someone saying you want drama ok I'll give you drama.  So obviously they are told to stir up trouble and feelings.  BIP is more staged and manipulated than any of the franchise's shows.

The producers will choose whoever can create either drama or a  fan favorite for the Bachelor.

I'm not sure that Peter went on the show saying he absolutely would not propose.  I think he just felt hesitant with Rachel.  Had it been someone he was totally drawn to instantly, he might have proposed.
I think you're right about that, mule. I think he was falling for her and wanted to give it a shot outside of the show but she didn't want that. Some people you just know instantly while others it may take a little time. I commend him for not proposing just because that's what SHE wanted. What about what HE wants?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:10 pm

Sorry Peter fans but this was too funny to pass up.

The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 8 Img_0111
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:21 am

Lesallee wrote:I am one of the few who always liked JP and I follow him on Twitter and FB so I was so pleased when he married his lovely lady. JP is a devoted father and his little girl was so happy too.
I liked him too and will always admire him for his honesty.   Congrats to JP and his gorgeous bride!
The Bachelorette - Rachel's Season - General Chit Chat - Page 8 Img_0631
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:01 pm

Oh hell, I just hope all of them are happy.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:09 pm

Think of all the Bachelor & Bachelorette shows. How many have actually gotten married? IMO it's impossible to really know somebody within that period  of time. Like Billy Joel sings "It's Just A Fantasy!"
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:07 am

If they're smart they will take the time, away from the spotlight (after fulfilling all those contract obligations) and just be a normal-ish couple.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:23 pm

peebeeb wrote:If they're smart they will take the time, away from the spotlight (after fulfilling all those contract obligations) and just be a normal-ish couple.
I think they will do that, pb. The more recent couples - Nick/Vanessa, JoJo/Jordan, Kaitlyn/Shawn have all taken their time and used the engagement period to get to know one another. 

Rachel and Bryan may make it, they may not, who knows. But I wish them all the best.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top