BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH - Page 4 Empty Re: BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Post by Voice from the past Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:08 pm

BUT he did leave the scene.....and that is illegal.  He is not without some guilt in this situation.  JMHO.

Voice from the past

Back to top Go down

BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH - Page 4 Empty Re: BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Post by Lesallee Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:16 pm

I suspect Chris' greatest punishment will be living with the guilt of killing his neighbour. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Voice from the past wrote:BUT he did leave the scene.....and that is illegal.  He is not without some guilt in this situation.  JMHO.
I read his lawyers were trying to find out exactly when the man died or was pronounced dead.  They seem to think that it may make a difference to the technical meaning of leaving the scene, and Chris could be found not guilty.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:10 pm

thisoldmule wrote:
Voice from the past wrote:BUT he did leave the scene.....and that is illegal.  He is not without some guilt in this situation.  JMHO.
I read his lawyers were trying to find out exactly when the man died or was pronounced dead.  They seem to think that it may make a difference to the technical meaning of leaving the scene, and Chris could be found not guilty.

When I've done CPR training, it has been mentioned that someone who has no heart rate or respirations is technically dead. If I recall, Chris did not perform CPR because he didn't know how. Others were asked to do so. As best as I understand it, that would mean he was dead before Chris fled.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:

When I've done CPR training, it has been mentioned that someone who has no heart rate or respirations is technically dead. If I recall, Chris did not perform CPR because he didn't know how. Others were asked to do so. As best as I understand it, that would mean he was dead before Chris fled.
It is unclear to me who performed CPR.  Chris did say he didn't know how and asked bystanders if anyone knew how.  I have seen reports that say Chris did do CPR.  I don't know.  He did call for help and stayed with the man, so that is rendering aid.  His lawyers say he acted appropriately.    

Yes, he did leave, but his lawyers say there is a technicality there about when he left and if it fits the legal description of leaving the scene.  Everything I have seen says Mosher was pronounced dead at the hospital. Chris did not tell authorities where he was going or how he could be reached.  

"Messamer had earlier asked for information on when and where Mosher was pronounced dead, arguing that the leaving the scene charge doesn’t apply if the driver leaves before there is a death. She renewed that argument in Thursday’s filing." 
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:56 pm

If he told the dispatcher he didn't know how to perform CPR, and you have read reports that he did, in fact try to do so, that is a new level of stupid not previously revealed. Well, other than his multiple DUIs...

I don't believe that he would be protected under Good Samitaritan laws if he rendered aid when not trained to do so.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:06 am

I don't know the law so just saying what his lawyers are putting out there.  They think he met the requirements of the law by reporting the accident, identifying himself, and staying until help arrived.  That is why there will be a trial, to see how this fits the law.

He definitely has done some stupid things previously.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am

How life can change in the blink of an eye...
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:18 pm

There is still something he has to be hiding if when after he fled and went home he refused to come out for law enforcement.

I know there is a difference between someone that maliciously kills someone else and someone who doesn't mean to but the result is still death. My thoughts are that even though you didn't mean to go out that day and kill someone but it still happened, you still committed manslaughter and there should be SOME form of punishment that results from taking someones life. I know there has to be rules where prosecuting someone is concerned, but I just get aggravated at all the technicalities that will cause someone to escape all punishment for an incident that caused someone to die. 

Looking at Chris' past criminal record it shows that he escaped any real punishment. Anybody can pay a fine and go home, but it takes real punishment to get through to some people and maybe that is what its going to take in this case.       
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:30 pm

rkc1960 wrote: My thoughts are that even though you didn't mean to go out that day and kill someone but it still happened, you still committed manslaughter and there should be SOME form of punishment that results from taking someones life. 
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. It would be one thing if you were being careless, tailgating, driving to fast, just being kind of too careless, but sometimes unforeseeable accidents happen, like maybe a car cuts you off, what not. It could happen to me or you no matter how cautious we drive. I would hate to be prosecuted and go to jail, over something that was really out of my control and just a horrible accident. 

Also, I find it odd he would not come out when the police were there. I wonder if there is something you can take to cheat the test, like you can when you take a drug test for a job. I had some friends that would smoke pot before a drug test, and they drank some kind of stuff that flushed their system and they were able to take the test and pass.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Just wondering if there has been any news about Chris or if the court dates are still the same.  Seems like things really quieted down about him.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:40 pm

thisoldmule wrote:Just wondering if there has been any news about Chris or if the court dates are still the same.  Seems like things really quieted down about him.

I think his court date is late July.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:42 pm

Ugh, I think the court date is the 19th, if nothing gas changed.  Just thinking about Chris and wondering what will happen.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:56 am

thisoldmule wrote:Ugh, I think the court date is the 19th, if nothing gas changed.  Just thinking about Chris and wondering what will happen.

I hope enough happens that he turns his life around as it relates to driving drunk. I recognize they couldn't get him for that this time since he holed himself up in his home for several hours, but he has quite the history of it and they need to give him a punishment which will affect his life positively. Rehab, for example.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:07 pm

The court can't punish for his past crimes, but I hope it has had enough of an effect on him that he will shape up with or without punishment.  It was a horrible thing to have happen.  I don't know if it could have been prevented, but if this doesn't put the fear in him, nothing else will.
I think his lawyers wanted to put this off as long as they could just for emotions to calm down before a jury gets involved.  There hasn't been any publicity that I have seen so I guess they accomplished that.
I hope we hear the facts.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:40 pm

thisoldmule wrote:The court can't punish for his past crimes, but I hope it has had enough of an effect on him that he will shape up with or without punishment.  It was a horrible thing to have happen.  I don't know if it could have been prevented, but if this doesn't put the fear in him, nothing else will.
I think his lawyers wanted to put this off as long as they could just for emotions to calm down before a jury gets involved.  There hasn't been any publicity that I have seen so I guess they accomplished that.
I hope we hear the facts.

I understand that. I hope that the punishment for this case ends up being life-changing for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:59 pm

BAL91182 wrote:
rkc1960 wrote: My thoughts are that even though you didn't mean to go out that day and kill someone but it still happened, you still committed manslaughter and there should be SOME form of punishment that results from taking someones life. 
I don't know if I necessarily agree with that. It would be one thing if you were being careless, tailgating, driving to fast, just being kind of too careless, but sometimes unforeseeable accidents happen, like maybe a car cuts you off, what not. It could happen to me or you no matter how cautious we drive. I would hate to be prosecuted and go to jail, over something that was really out of my control and just a horrible accident. 

Also, I find it odd he would not come out when the police were there. I wonder if there is something you can take to cheat the test, like you can when you take a drug test for a job. I had some friends that would smoke pot before a drug test, and they drank some kind of stuff that flushed their system and they were able to take the test and pass.
What I was referring to by saying this had to do mainly with Chris' case. No one can convince me that his disappearance after the fact and the long delay in coming out of the house he was holed up in was totally innocent. He has a long string of drunken offenses that he never really had to account for other then paying fines which I'm sure he never had any trouble paying. Sometimes it takes something tragic to happen before it knocks sense into some people. I think Chris is one of those people.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:47 pm

Today was supposedly the court date, but I can find no news about it.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:51 am

It looks like that was postponed, with no rescheduled date announced yet.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:39 pm

I wondered if that's what happened.  Looks like the lawyers want to drag this out hoping that emotions won't lead to a bad judgement.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:17 am

There's not much news about it, but I found a little more info than I did this morning.  

" 'Mr. Soules respectfully requests that this Court enter an Order continuing the pretrial conference and trial by at least 90 days and extending the deadlines for discovery, notice of defenses, and pretrial motions by at least 60 days,' the papers read."
"Soules’ team claimed at the time that the parties are 'still actively engaged in exchanging discovery materials.' While the State has provided materials requested by Soules on May 16, several items are still forthcoming."

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/the-bachelor-chris-soules-fatal-hit-and-run-trial-delayed/ 

...don't know exactly what the Soules' team still needs, but apparently, the State hasn't yet provided all relevant items in discovery [e.g. witness statements, crime scene evidence], and Soules' team also asked for more time to prepare pretrial motions [motion to suppress evidence, et cetera].

I haven't been following this case or this thread really, but this guy sure has a tendency to get in trouble with the law.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Thank you for that info.

Radaronline seems to be trying to judge the case in a negative way saying Chris knocked back a few beers before the crash.  It's not clear if that happened at all, but the way they worded it gave a very negative impression.  Then they put a picture of Chris with Donald Trump of all people.  There is also a link to what they called photos of the gruesome crime scene.  It showed the side of the road where the accident had occurred   and there were some plastic flowers placed there to respect of the man who died.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:17 pm

I just read that Chris recently attended the wedding of Sharleen Joynt in New York.  His court appearance is scheduled for Jan 18, however his lawyers plan to file a motion to dismiss charges Oct. 10.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Dismiss???????How is that possible??
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:08 pm

So this is a second motion to dismiss?   They had one in May.  Maybe they got more witness statements or other evidence after that last postponement we talked about in July.

It looks like they had their first motion to dismiss in May and it was denied by the judge.  But if his attorneys believe they have reasonable grounds to file another motion to dismiss, they should do it, and it won't hurt them if it gets denied.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top