BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH - Page 2 Empty Re: BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Post by thisoldmule Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:11 am

A police officer said they are also checking his phone to see if he was distracted at the time of the accident.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH - Page 2 Empty Re: BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Post by keepthefaith Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:24 am

When you go back and look at Chris' run ins with the law...all 15+ of them you start to see a pattern. One run in is too much but over 15? Almost every time a fine was paid and he was let go. When people get used to this then they start to realize there isn't much of a consequence to their actions. Of course Chris didn't mean to kill anyone...BUT...people have a tendency to think they are in control and nothing is going to happen to them. Then when it does you realize how naive you were to think that way. The fact that he even left the scene and then refused to come out when the police got there makes you think that there was a reason for him delaying the inevitable. You can't help but think that he wAs buying himself time to get the alcohol completely out of his system.

keepthefaith

Back to top Go down

Post by keepthefaith Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:26 am

Btw...this is rkc1960. My iPad was not letting me sign in under my previous username so I guess I am now keepthefaith. Lol

keepthefaith

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:49 am

keepthefaith wrote:When you go back and look at Chris' run ins with the law...all 15+ of them you start to see a pattern. One run in is too much but over 15? Almost every time a fine was paid and he was let go. When people get used to this then they start to realize there isn't much of a consequence to their actions. Of course Chris didn't mean to kill anyone...BUT...people have a tendency to think they are in control and nothing is going to happen to them. Then when it does you realize how naive you were to think that way. The fact that he even left the scene and then refused to come out when the police got there makes you think that there was a reason for him delaying the inevitable. You can't help but think that he wAs buying himself time to get the alcohol completely out of his system.
It makes me think he went home, called his attorney and they advised him to not do anything until the police got the warrant.  When someone knows they are about to be arrested, they generally will do what their attorney has instructed them to do.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:55 am

"There were multiple open containers in the car."

There were open beer cans in the truck.  The truck was not his own personal vehicle, it was one of three farm trucks used by several different people from the farm.  
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:33 am

sdreindeer wrote:"There were multiple open containers in the car."

There were open beer cans in the truck.  The truck was not his own personal vehicle, it was one of three farm trucks used by several different people from the farm.  

If I were the owner of a farm and I found open beer cans in a company vehicle, heads would roll. 

At the very least, knowing that driving with an open container is illegal, why didn't he throw them out before he started driving? Of course if they were his own open containers, that would explain it.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:30 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
keepthefaith wrote:When you go back and look at Chris' run ins with the law...all 15+ of them you start to see a pattern. One run in is too much but over 15? Almost every time a fine was paid and he was let go. When people get used to this then they start to realize there isn't much of a consequence to their actions. Of course Chris didn't mean to kill anyone...BUT...people have a tendency to think they are in control and nothing is going to happen to them. Then when it does you realize how naive you were to think that way. The fact that he even left the scene and then refused to come out when the police got there makes you think that there was a reason for him delaying the inevitable. You can't help but think that he wAs buying himself time to get the alcohol completely out of his system.
It makes me think he went home, called his attorney and they advised him to not do anything until the police got the warrant.  When someone knows they are about to be arrested, they generally will do what their attorney has instructed them to do.
I don't think my first thoughts and reactions would be to leave the scene and call my attorney, in fact, I don't have an attorney.   It would take some time for me to know who to call.

with all of Chris's previous problems with DUIs, it seems more likely that he has learned and conditioned himself to do what he can to minimize his problems.  He was thinking of himself.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:39 pm

I wonder if the attitude about drinking and driving might be different for Chris and maybe others who live in such rural places.  Where I live there is a lot of traffic and the risks seem higher for impaired drivers.  On rural country roads one might think the risk of getting in accident would be minimal.  I don't know if people would have the same strong feelings about it on country roads that I do in a city.  Maybe that is why Chris has been getting away with his 15+ run ins.  Only this time it was tragic.

It's all really sad.  I feel sorry for Chris that this happened even if it was his fault.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:58 pm

I don't think my first thoughts and reactions would be to leave the scene and call my attorney, in fact, I don't have an attorney.   It would take some time for me to know who to call.

with all of Chris's previous problems with DUIs, it seems more likely that he has learned and conditioned himself to do what he can to minimize his problems.  He was thinking of himself.

With all of Chris' run-in's with the law, he should know that the first thing to do would be to call an attorney.  I don't have an attorney either, but I do have attorney friends and police officers in the family.  Everyone should know (which many do not) is that you should always have an attorney present or their advice when dealing with a situation involving authorities (even an innocent person).  Lots of innocent people get themselves into trouble by thinking they are being helpful, but it doesn't always work that way.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:03 pm

It's all really sad.  I feel sorry for Chris that this happened even if it was his fault.

And you know it's his fault how?  Do you know that the tractor was not stopped picking up stones (as one friend of the tractor driver says he often does)?  Do you know if the tractor had the proper lights/warning signals? Do you know that the driver of the tractor played no part at all in this accident?

But yes, it is very sad and tragic for not everyone involved.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 pm

sdreindeer wrote:It's all really sad.  I feel sorry for Chris that this happened even if it was his fault.

And you know it's his fault how?  Do you know that the tractor was not stopped picking up stones (as one friend of the tractor driver says he often does)?  Do you know if the tractor had the proper lights/warning signals? Do you know that the driver of the tractor played no part at all in this accident?

He admitted he was the one who rear ended the tractor.  He said that in his 911 call.  Whether or not the tractor was stopped or had proper lighting, HE hit it.  Yes, it was his fault.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:34 am

sdreindeer wrote:It's all really sad.  I feel sorry for Chris that this happened even if it was his fault.

Even if he did stop to pick up stones, it doesn't make him at fault for the accident, at all. Do you know that Chris' headlights were in use, functional and properly aligned? It is very clear that you are trying to defend Chris. Thisoldmule said, "even if" it was his fault.

A driver, in this case, Chris, is responsible for the movement of his vehicle. If there is something in the road, he is responsible to stop, or otherwise avoid a collision.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:18 am

Oh, you could be right.  The driver of the tractor could be at fault for being in the way when Chris was just trying to get home.  Why din't I think of that?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice from the past Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:46 pm

If you rear-end the vehicle in front of you, and were not pushed into that vehicle because someone else rear-ended you, you are clearly at fault.  Regardless of the excuse (on the phone, distracted, impaired, etc.) it is your fault.  As a 21+ year veteran of the insurance industry, I've never seen anyone who rear-ended someone else get away with it.
I don't care whose lights were on or off, or about any of the other circumstances.  The law in my state is very clear on this, and I suspect it is the same in other states as well.

Voice from the past

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepthefaith Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:25 pm

That is true in most states that I know of, Voice from the past. That is the first thing any cop, insurance agent, whomever involved will tell you after you hit someone from behind. It may have even been unavoidable due to the circumstances, however, you hit someone from behind it is just your fault.

Keepthefaith

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:34 pm

That's totally right,  voice and faith.  If there were any sharing of responsibility in this case, I would give the tractor driver .1% because he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.  Chris's responsibility 99.9%
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Has there been anything said about if Chris had injuries?  I think it said that his truck was in the ditch.  That had to be a bumpy ride.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon May 01, 2017 6:20 pm

My post posted twice

Last edited by thisoldmule on Mon May 01, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : it posted twice)
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Mon May 01, 2017 10:36 pm

Chris' lawyer might have a good case to drop the Felony charges - Where's Gymmie Jane when you need her ?#?$?:

+ he called 911
+ he identified himself to the operator

+ he checked on vital signs
+ he waited until first responders arrived

That's not really 'leaving the scene' - I'm not sticking up for him, just saying he Lawyered Up and may have a good case for the DA to lower the charges to Manslaughter....If he's really a millionaire, his Lawyer will get it done.
Most like he's gonna get a Manslaughter conviction.  Maybe not much jail time.
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Monkey. I just read about that.  They have a point.  He did call 911 and gave his name.  He left after help arrived.  So I guess technically it's not the same as hit and run where he did none of the right things.  He did leave, but I guess as long as you do the other things, it really isn't the same.  I hope he saved that money he got for his 15 minutes of fame.  The lawyers will end up with it.
I do like Chris.  It's just a sad thing.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 am

thisoldmule wrote:Monkey. I just read about that.  They have a point.  He did call 911 and gave his name.  He left after help arrived.  So I guess technically it's not the same as hit and run where he did none of the right things.  He did leave, but I guess as long as you do the other things, it really isn't the same.  I hope he saved that money he got for his 15 minutes of fame.  The lawyers will end up with it.

I think the DA got a little too overboard on the Felony charges, but negotiations with Chris' attorney are part of the process and Chris' attorney will argue his behavior was not not that of a criminal trying to flee the scene, like a 'typical' hit-n-run driver.  I do think he was probably drinking (given his past behavior and a few DUI charges), but without a BAC test, it will probably be difficult to submit evidence to a court; maybe the DA can get a bartender to testify he served a bunch of drinks at a precise time, close to the time of the accident.
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Wed May 03, 2017 8:40 am

Voice from the past wrote:If you rear-end the vehicle in front of you, and were not pushed into that vehicle because someone else rear-ended you, you are clearly at fault.  Regardless of the excuse (on the phone, distracted, impaired, etc.) it is your fault.  As a 21+ year veteran of the insurance industry, I've never seen anyone who rear-ended someone else get away with it.
I don't care whose lights were on or off, or about any of the other circumstances.  The law in my state is very clear on this, and I suspect it is the same in other states as well.

What's up VFTP,,,,,,,hey by the way, you seem knowledgeable; have you ever experienced a Rear-End encounter ???
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by keepthefaith (rkr1960) Wed May 03, 2017 9:46 am

I read yesterday that it was proven that Chris stopped and got a 12 pack at a liquor store at about 7pm and the accident happened about 8:20. It also said that there were empty as well as open containers of the alcohol he had just purchased in his vehicle. Yes, he called for help and waited until help arrived to take off, but he is still in a heap of trouble.

keepthefaith (rkr1960)

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 pm

I read that about the beer sale too, rkr.  That still doesn't prove if he was drinking it, but it does make him look guilty of it.  
His family is saying he was not drunk. They aren't saying he wasn't drinking, just that he was not drunk. I guess we need to define drunk.  Would his blood alcohol have been over the legal limit?  Nobody will know since so much time passed before he talked to police.  Leaving the scene before giving a statement to police sure makes me suspicious.
Was he in shock?  No doubt.  He could be in shock or traumatized or what ever label anyone wants to put on it, for a very long time.
It seemed he had enough presence of mind at the time to call 911 and then decide he needed to leave.  He didn't just wander away on foot, not knowing what he was doing.  If he called someone to come get him, then to me that shows he was able to think clearly.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:Monkey. I just read about that.  They have a point.  He did call 911 and gave his name.  He left after help arrived.  So I guess technically it's not the same as hit and run where he did none of the right things.  He did leave, but I guess as long as you do the other things, it really isn't the same.  I hope he saved that money he got for his 15 minutes of fame.  The lawyers will end up with it.

I think the DA got a little too overboard on the Felony charges, but negotiations with Chris' attorney are part of the process and Chris' attorney will argue his behavior was not not that of a criminal trying to flee the scene, like a 'typical' hit-n-run driver.  I do think he was probably drinking (given his past behavior and a few DUI charges), but without a BAC test, it will probably be difficult to submit evidence to a court; maybe the DA can get a bartender to testify he served a bunch of drinks at a precise time, close to the time of the accident.
The accident alone will be cause him legal trouble, even without all the other things that may or may not have contributed.

If calling 911 and giving his name before fleeing satisfies the legal requirement, then I'm glad he won't get nailed for leaving.  I do think that sounds logical.

My son once ran off the road into a ditch.  It was the middle of the night and cold.  It banged him up but not seriously.  He didn't think it did any damage to anything except his vehicle, so he got a ride home and figured he go back and deal with it when the sun came up.  Well in the mean time police got involved.  They gave him a ticket for leaving the scene.  The only thing that saved him from that charge was that he talked to the home owner before he left and let them know who he was and that he would be back.  The judge dismissed the charge.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top