BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH - Page 3 Empty Re: BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Post by sdreindeer Wed May 03, 2017 4:56 pm

keepthefaith (rkr1960) wrote:I read yesterday that it was proven that Chris stopped and got a 12 pack at a liquor store at about 7pm and the accident happened about 8:20. It also said that there were empty as well as open containers of the alcohol he had just purchased in his vehicle. Yes, he called for help and waited until help arrived to take off, but he is still in a heap of trouble.

But what happened to them saying he drove from his farm? What happened to him drinking in the bar? What happened to him buying booze in the liquor store? Too many confusing and conflicting statements. And wow he was in three places at least at one time. Somebody is lying. Everybody wants their 2 cents in there...from a small town maybe; they come out of the woodwork with all kinds of different stories.
That should be easy to prove....pull the video in the store (all stores have them) and prove it.  If, by chance no video, get the time that he was allegedly seen, pull the cash register receipt and look at all purchases made at that time.

Last edited by sdreindeer on Wed May 03, 2017 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH - Page 3 Empty Re: BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH

Post by sdreindeer Wed May 03, 2017 5:03 pm

thisoldmule wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:It's all really sad.  I feel sorry for Chris that this happened even if it was his fault.

And you know it's his fault how?  Do you know that the tractor was not stopped picking up stones (as one friend of the tractor driver says he often does)?  Do you know if the tractor had the proper lights/warning signals? Do you know that the driver of the tractor played no part at all in this accident?

But yes, it is very sad and tragic for not everyone involved.
He admitted he was the one who rear ended the tractor.  He said that in his 911 call.  Whether or not the tractor was stopped or had proper lighting, HE hit it.  Yes, it was his fault.
Well of course he admitted it because he did...DUH   And what if the tractor was parked in the road while the driver was picking up rocks (as his friend says he does) with no lights and no reflectors?  Yes, Chris hit him, but there was a REASON why he hit him....if this would be the case, the driver does have some accountability. If anyone is driving 55 MPH on a dark road and they come upon something in the middle of the road and cannot stop, it is not ENTIRELY the driver's fault....give me a frickin' break.   Guess you have never driven those back country roads.  There are often extenuating circumstances in most accidents, but you apparently can't look beyond your nose.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 03, 2017 5:49 pm

sdreindeer wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:
sdreindeer wrote:It's all really sad.  I feel sorry for Chris that this happened even if it was his fault.

And you know it's his fault how?  Do you know that the tractor was not stopped picking up stones (as one friend of the tractor driver says he often does)?  Do you know if the tractor had the proper lights/warning signals? Do you know that the driver of the tractor played no part at all in this accident?

He admitted he was the one who rear ended the tractor.  He said that in his 911 call.  Whether or not the tractor was stopped or had proper lighting, HE hit it.  Yes, it was his fault.
Well of course he admitted it because he did...DUH   And what if the tractor was parked in the road while the driver was picking up rocks (as his friend says he does) with no lights and no reflectors?  Yes, Chris hit him, but there was a REASON why he hit him....if this would be the case, the driver does have some accountability. If anyone is driving 55 MPH on a dark road and they come upon something in the middle of the road and cannot stop, it is not ENTIRELY the driver's fault....give me a frickin' break.   Guess you have never driven those back country roads.  There are often extenuating circumstances in most accidents, but you apparently can't look beyond your nose.
You seem especially upset that people don't know all the facts.  If you know for a fact what happened then I am willing to hear it, but if not then you are speculating just like every one else.  I'm wondering which one of Chris's sisters you are.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 03, 2017 5:52 pm

I'm going to borrow one of monkey's phrases here... That big skid Nick is blaming Chris for being eliminated on DWTS.  He thinks because of all the negative news about Chris it had an impact on people voting for him.  Could it be that he just wasn't that good?  lol
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Thu May 04, 2017 12:31 am

S
sdreindeer wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:

Do you know for a fact that the deceased had stopped his trailer in the middle of the road prior to the accident? Or that it had no light? Or reflectors? Can you see that you are speculating just like everyone else?

It's hard for me to believe that hitting something stationary in the road is not entirely the driver's fault. If the road is dark, does that not require that someone drive at a speed where they could stop when their headlights identify something in the road?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Thu May 04, 2017 10:14 am

Possible reasons the tractor was hit:

Inattention due to snapping a photo while driving
Driving at an unsafe speed
Impaired driving
Other distracted driving
Faulty headlights which would nessesitate driving more slowly
Faulty brakes

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Thu May 04, 2017 8:25 pm

thisoldmule wrote:I'm going to borrow one of monkey's phrases here... That big skid Nick is blaming Chris for being eliminated on DWTS.  He thinks because of all the negative news about Chris it had an impact on people voting for him.  Could it be that he just wasn't that good?  lol

Holy Crap; you're kidding right?  No, the reason he's dumped is because most of American has finally realized he's a DoucheBag.
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu May 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Feces.Hurling.Monkey wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:I'm going to borrow one of monkey's phrases here... That big skid Nick is blaming Chris for being eliminated on DWTS.  He thinks because of all the negative news about Chris it had an impact on people voting for him.  Could it be that he just wasn't that good?  lol

Holy Crap; you're kidding right?  No, the reason he's dumped is because most of American has finally realized he's a DoucheBag.
Yeah, that too.   LOL!
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Fri May 05, 2017 12:05 am

I haven't followed DWTS, but if Nick has been eliminated, how long before either he and Vanessa break up, or they heat up the wedding bells talk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon May 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Latest news:

Chris Soules was officially charged by Buchanan County prosecutors in Iowa for a class D felony. The former Bachelor star was involved in a car accident on April 24, that resulted in the death of tractor driver, Kenneth Mosher. On Monday morning, Soules was formally charged with leaving the scene of the accident, despite his lawyers claiming last week that he offered "reasonable assistance" to Mosher before his death.

There is more to the article, found on msn, but not copied here. I just included the opening paragraph.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 09, 2017 12:27 am

From the same article on msn..."However, the court decided that the 35-year-old reality star "did drive a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the death of any person and did not immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close as possible, and/or failed to return to and remain at the scene of the accident."

How can they say he didn't stop at the scene?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Tue May 09, 2017 9:59 am

thisoldmule wrote:From the same article on msn..."However, the court decided that the 35-year-old reality star "did drive a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in the death of any person and did not immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident or as close as possible, and/or failed to return to and remain at the scene of the accident."

How can they say he didn't stop at the scene?

I think it's the "and/or" that is getting him. He did not remain at the scene, but instead fled as authorities arrived and holed up at home till they got a search warrant. 

How did he flee? He arranged for someone to pick him up during the time he could have attempted to render aid.

I have little respect for the guy, or anyone with DUIs who continue the same behavior.

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 09, 2017 8:43 pm

Oh, I see now.  He definitely didn't remain at the scene.  It seems by leaving, he was trying to confuse or deny that he had been drinking.  All his previous tickets may work against him with this.

I'm not on a witch hunt to make him look guilty of something, but his own behavior makes him look guilty.

Even if his lawyers manage to reduce the charges against him, there is always the possibility of a civil suit brought by the man's family.

He needs lots of luck here.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Has the person who drove the car in which Chris left been named?  Could that person be charged with obstruction of justice or anything else?
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 am

thisoldmule wrote:Has the person who drove the car in which Chris left been named?  Could that person be charged with obstruction of justice or anything else?
Here is a timeline of the incidents involving the case. Mule, this also addresses your question about the person/s that picked him up....

http://www.kare11.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/chris-soules-car-crash-a-timeline-of-the-fatal-incident-and-whats-next-for-the-former-bachelor/434322726
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice from the past Wed May 10, 2017 1:32 pm

The person who drove Chris away from the scene of the accident can certainly be charged as an accessory to the "crime."  After all, it is in the rules in most states that the driver must stay at the scene of the accident.  Anyone who helps someone leave the scene has likewise disobeyed the law.  JMHO.

Voice from the past

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed May 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Thanks, rkc.  I hadn't read some of the things contained in that article.

Voice, I agree the driver did do something wrong.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Wed May 10, 2017 5:57 pm

What a horrible way to eff up so many lives. I have a brother and a brother-in-law that can't stay away from booze and it's hurt so many people. By some huge miracle that neither of them has killed someone.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Thu May 11, 2017 6:25 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
thisoldmule wrote:Has the person who drove the car in which Chris left been named?  Could that person be charged with obstruction of justice or anything else?
Here is a timeline of the incidents involving the case. Mule, this also addresses your question about the person/s that picked him up....

http://www.kare11.com/entertainment/entertainment-tonight/chris-soules-car-crash-a-timeline-of-the-fatal-incident-and-whats-next-for-the-former-bachelor/434322726

Good info Ricky!  I'm not a lawyer, so just making some comments:  

• I can see now why there is a felony charge, but confused that it is only one charge. 

• By leaving the scene, Chris really screwed up; because this was not 'willful' intent to harm which seems to go along with Felony 1st  and 2nd degree. 

• It seems he would have been charged with a Manslaughter type crime and not a felony if he didn't leave scene.  I've seen news of people getting Manslaughter charges for DUI death-related auto accidents. 
  • Maybe this should be two charges:   manslaughter negligence type crime  and Felony charge for leaving the scene. 

Sucks everybody knows each other in town and Chris' farm land is near, or adjacent to the victims - they probably knew each other. 

Anybody know the next court date? 
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by keepthefaith (rkc1960) Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Last I saw he is supposed to be arraigned on May 23rd.

keepthefaith (rkc1960)

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 am

I just read Chris's court date is now July 11 for a pretrial appearance, and a jury trial beginning July 19.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Tue May 23, 2017 1:17 pm

thisoldmule wrote:I just read Chris's court date is now July 11 for a pretrial appearance, and a jury trial beginning July 19.

Thanks Mule.  It will be interesting to see if Chris' lawyer doesn't try to "cut a deal" and see if the charges can be changed.  I'm still baffled he got leveled with Felony charges. 
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:57 am

Just saw this.
As Yahoo! reported, the documents said:  
"A report issued by the Iowa Department of Criminal Investigation's (DCI) Criminalistics Laboratory, Mr. Soules specimens were negative for drugs and alcohol. The DCI conducted thorough toxicology texting on two separate samples -- his urine and blood -- and conclusively determined no detectable amounts of alcohol or drugs were in either specimen."   
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:07 am

This is interesting too. Something I didn't know.

The EtG test has been called the “80 hour test,” but in reality, it can register a positive up to five days later, depending on how much alcohol the person drank. There’s no hard and fast rule, but here’s a snapshot of real-world test results:

• One beer was detectable 16 hours later

• Six shots of vodka taken in 3 hours was detectable 54 hours later

Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Lesallee wrote:This is interesting too. Something I didn't know.

The EtG test has been called the “80 hour test,” but in reality, it can register a positive up to five days later, depending on how much alcohol the person drank. There’s no hard and fast rule, but here’s a snapshot of real-world test results:

• One beer was detectable 16 hours later

• Six shots of vodka taken in 3 hours was detectable 54 hours later

I didn't know they could detect alcohol that many hours later.  I'm glad Chris was not positive for anything.  Now if they can get around the leaving the scene part he will be ok.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top