Between Seasons Conversations

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 7 Empty Re: Between Seasons Conversations

Post by Lesallee Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:14 pm

No, bro, on DWTS the choreography and the choreo designer has always come behind performance, teaching and as Psychee said, the emotional connection between pro and celeb. Again, on a show like DWTS entertainment is the prime goal. I think the pros don't have time to spend developing creative and innovative choreography. They have amateur partners and must come up with a pleasing and entertaining routine very rapidly and then start over for the next week. I believe their choreography skills will be honed elsewhere than DWTS. 

I guess the point I am making is if the routine pleases me and entertains me and pro and partner dance it well I am content. Where the choreography came from doesn't really concern me. I am speaking just of DWTS, on SYTYCD I pay a lot of attention to the choreography but the shows are very different in concept. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:12 pm

E!Online is reporting Derek Hough will not be on Season 23. 

Still no word on Mark Ballas. He has injured and re-injured his back repeatedly and I wish he would take time to let it heal. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:23 pm

Maybe we'll see another last minute return from Derek. If not, and as much as I enjoyed S22, I have to admit I might miss him.

I agree Mark really needs a break. Everything else would be irresponsible. But many of them (including Tristan ) kept going in spite of severe injuries; though they all should have known better. May be one of the disadvantages when you are a pro dancer and not a nine-to-five office clerk.

Take it from Maks, Mark: injured or not, you can take two seasons off, then return, and win this thing. And look at Edyta: five years, and people kept asking for her.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:36 pm

I read an interview The Derek did and he seemed quite adamant that he would not do Season 23 due to other commitments. He left the door open for future seasons.

For sure Mark would have no trouble returning after some time off. He is incredibly talented and pretty darn popular. I know he is planning his upcoming nuptials to BC Jean so in addition to healing time an extended honeymoon might be nice.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:30 pm

Hey Derek, is that what you call 'other commitments'?

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 7 13696510
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:25 pm

Derek has the role of "Corny Collins" in the upcoming "Hairspray Live!" performance which will be aired on December 7th on NBC.  He has had to get barbered up for the performance, as you can see below.  Rehearsals started this week.  There is no way that he could have done DWTS this fall.

Between Seasons Conversations - Page 7 3.220561

Next season, he will be on Broadway, in Singin' in the Rain. He will be playing the role that Gene Kelly played. No knowing how long that gig will last.

In both roles, he gets to exercise his vocal and acting muscles.

So I don't expect to see him in person on DWTS for the next two seasons at least, but... this summer he has been creating short videos with Travis Wall
without telling anyone where they will be shown.  I have wondered if the plan is to show them on DWTS like Macy specials, but that is just one of several guesses I have.

As for Mark... his mother said at the end of last season that Mark would definitely be back this season and that all the rumours that he was not were silly.

Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:15 pm

Best of luck, Derek. May no broken toes stop you this time. A little more acting and singing, instead of dancing with an untrained celebrity for a full season, may be a wise decision and a good example for Mark. But Mama Shirley already knows he'll be back, apparently. Not sure what to make of that. His decision or hers?
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:33 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Best of luck, Derek. May no broken toes stop you this time. A little more acting and singing, instead of dancing with an untrained celebrity for a full season, may be a wise decision and a good example for Mark. But Mama Shirley already knows he'll be back, apparently. Not sure what to make of that. His decision or hers?

Definitely Mark's decision.  Shirley would support him in whatever he did.  She has said in the past that DWTS is so much a part of Mark that he would never want to give it up. 

Mark is part of the DWTS family, and listening to these folks in interviews, it really DOES seem like a family.  There are emotional bonds there much deeper than we ever get to see.  Derek and Julianne feel the same way about the show, and they have both been told that the door is always open for them to come back.

Insofar as the injuries go, Mark says that his injuries are no worse than anyone else's injuries on the show.  He has said that every pro on the show has old injuries for which their bodies then over-compensate, making them vulnerable to new injuries on the opposite sides.  At the time that the injuries flare up, or break anew, they are crippled for a bit, but they heal pretty fast with the cryo-therapy they use.  For the most part they all seem to believe that if they baby their injuries too long they will never get healed right. 

Changing the subject... Val did an interview yesterday in which he said that he had already talked to his partner for next season.

Seems pretty early to me!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:17 pm

hello everyone Good Morning it's almost time for Season 23!!

So let's start getting out the sequins, glitter and our dancing shoes Man dance!!!          Sounds like Val is a definite......any leaks or thoughts on who the celebs might be??     Only 2 weeks til celeb reveal and 4 til the show!!
                             woohoo

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:04 pm

There have been no cast leaks as of yet. At least that I've seen. Usually we get a few rumours at this stage. So all we really know is Val is in, Derek isn't. I am hoping Emma returns with that vacancy available due to Sweet P's impending motherhood. I do suspect Karina will be back. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:29 pm

There has to be at least one Olympic athlete, I would think.  But perhaps not from this year's group.  Mckayla Maroney comes to mind...  I'd enjoy watching her.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:38 am

I have recently seen Emma Samms from General Hospital as a season 23 candidate. And Mckayla Maroney as Psychee mentioned. Man, the casting rumours are slow this time. Normally we would have any number of names thrown out for us to chew on. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:40 am

Emma Samms....wow haven't heard about her in a while.  Is that Mckayla girl the gymnast that made some sort of smirky face when she was on the podium and it was all over the news?   

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:48 am

I'm hoping Sharna gets a good one cause I'm thinking this should be her season! 

I'm not familiar with gymnasts, beyond the ones that appeared on DWTS, but yeah, I think you are right about the Maroney girl. I'm not ever too thrilled with gymnasts on the show anyway as their pro partners tend to throw in way too much gymnastics into the routine. I will qualify that, Ally Raisman is the exception, loved that girl.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Lesallee wrote:I'm hoping Sharna gets a good one cause I'm thinking this should be her season! 

How often have we said that now? She needs someone with the musicality of Nick, the power and determination of Noah, the charisma of Antonio, and the wicked humor of Andy. She's overdue for that darned mbt.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:56 pm

Just read that Gleb Savchenko will be a pro on season 23. I'm all in favour, he's premium eye candy and oh yeah, he can dance too!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Yay Gleb!  That means I won't be paying attention to whoever he is dancing with.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:58 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Lesallee wrote:I'm hoping Sharna gets a good one cause I'm thinking this should be her season! 

How often have we said that now? She needs someone with the musicality of Nick, the power and determination of Noah, the charisma of Antonio, and the wicked humor of Andy. She's overdue for that darned mbt.

Maybe she will get Ryan Lochte.  He's got a few of those characteristics.  Don't know about the musicality, though.   He definitely has a sense of playfulness, though.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:26 pm

DWTSGossip just said, "From what I have it's Gleb, Mark, Val, Artem, Tony, Sasha. 

Sharna, Allison, Lindsay, Witney with 2 open female spots. 

I am worried Emma won't be back; she was tweeting about a new project hosting videos, starting in Sept.

We often get 13 couples on the fall season so we'll see if it is so this time.

Glad to have Sasha again, I really like him.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:20 pm

Sounds like a good group, thanks for the update sis......really wish Alan would have been in there  instead of Gleb. I just wasn't that impressed with him.

Still nothing more about the celebs that I have heard of.  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:50 pm

The show really wanted Gleb and went after him hard. Made him an offer he couldn't refuse. I sort of like him, big ego and all. And he can dance, he showed that last season on SCD.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:04 pm

How do we know Gleb has a big ego?  It couldn't be bigger than Maks'.  I hope he gets a better partner than that Vanderpump.  She was horrible. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:14 pm

I can't give you any definitive proof that Gleb has a big ego, Glitters but I have read for years that is so. I follow him on Twitter and can't say he is the modest, unassuming type. Doesn't matter, I still like him.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Must have been an exceptional offer for Gleb to leave the mothership again after just one season. Lisa Vanderpump on DWTS didn't challenge him. Anita Rani on SCD did. One of the best pairings last year. Gleb must hold the record for version-hopping already.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:45 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Must have been an exceptional offer for Gleb to leave the mothership again after just one season. Lisa Vanderpump on DWTS didn't challenge him. Anita Rani on SCD did. One of the best pairings last year. Gleb must hold the record for version-hopping already.
Yes, Gleb and Anita were excellent. The upcoming season of Strictly is another thing to anticipate with pleasure. Even though my sweetie, Tristan, won't be on.

Darn
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 25 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top