Trio Night

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trio Night  Empty Trio Night

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:55 pm

The only trio I know of for sure is Sharna Peta Nick..............I would imagine Mark will be with Bindi and Derek
I've heard there will not be an elimination tonight so that means I guess Alek, Bindi, Carlos and Nick are in the Finals!!
Congratulations to all of you!!
So when we vote tonight it will determine who finishes in 4th place then Monday our votes will be for the MBW?
Good luck everyone... Cancan dance !!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Trio Night  Empty Re: Trio Night

Post by SLA44 Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:22 pm

I heard that Emma is making up the trio for Alek and Lindsay and Karina is making up the trio for Whitney and Carlos.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:40 pm

That would be great!!!  Thanks for the info Very Happy

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Alek with Emma again?  Whew! Cupid
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:14 am

Carlos deserved tens for that dance.  The choreography was fantastic.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:07 am

How I know for me, how great Nick was in the trio dance:   I was sooo excited to see Peta again, then on top of that, dance with Sharna, but it took 4 or 5 times of watching it to even begin to notice them!.  I just could not take my eyes off Nick!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:16 am

I agree Carlos did a great job of the Charleston in his trio dance. Once again my focus stayed on Carlos even with the two awesome pros with him!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:29 am

Wow...our male celebs were on fire in their trio dances last night!!  Alek  you held your own with Lindsay and Emma!!  Nicely done AT with three!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:41 am

Bindi, Mark, and Derek jazz?? trio??.........hmmmm Thinking let's see.....Back in the
50's and early 60's there were 'beatniks'  ......they wore mostly black leotards and expressed themselves through art...poetry...dance with very modified movements..........Mark and Derek are very good at this kind of choreography and Bindi performed it very well.(even though I didn't get the part about the light and her wrapping it around her neck unless it was just to kill time, actually I really didn't 'get' any of it. It reminded me of the picture frame he used with Bethany) 
  It was also nice to see her in something different even if it was just a black leotard......... 

Last edited by kincaid53 on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:45 am

All in all I think it was a Trio Night Success Cancan dance

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:17 am

I skipped all the crapola and watched only the trio dances. I just can't anymore with that Carrie Ann. What a dingbat.

Bindi & Derek & Mark - Typical Derek choreography, synchronized arm movement, tricks, props and not much dancing. Boring and stale but of course it turned the judges into ecstatic mush. How many times has he recycled this routine?

Alex & Lindsay & Emma: I liked it, Alek is still not projecting much and I don't expect him to but his dancing is pretty good. 

Carlos & Witney & Karina: This was excellent, super entertaining and fun. Of course CAI with that firmly lodged burr under her saddle needed to nit pick it. 

Nick & Sharna & Peta: The dance of the night for me. Lucky Nick with those two fantastic choreographers, Sharna and Peta, but Nick stepped up to the plate and performed the heck out that Salsa.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:46 am

Liked the trio dances.I agree with the ho-hum prop dances,seen enough,and that rope around the neck thing was weird.

Loved the trio with Karina ... love how excited she gets when the celeb nails their dance ... Very Happy
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by tinytiny Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:53 am

This is what we thought at my house. The rat pack didn't like the rope that Carlos used as a prop in his routine, which was contemporary. But then they thought the rope and box that B and D and M used as props in their routine was simply divine and the most clever thing ever! And I thought they were doing a jazz routine, but that looked more like another contemporary routine. Where was the jazz? We didn't get why Carlos was marked down for using a rope and Bindi was praised for using a rope. Did we miss something?

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:45 pm

Miss something ? .... maybe just the fact that Carlos is not the favourite ..... Flower
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by tinytiny Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Oakma wrote: Miss something ? .... maybe just the fact that Carlos is not the favourite ..... Flower

Right! And he couldn't get a perfect score no matter how well he did.

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Lesallee wrote:
Nick & Sharna & Peta: The dance of the night for me. Lucky Nick with those two fantastic choreographers, Sharna and Peta, but Nick stepped up to the plate and performed the heck out that Salsa.

IDK......Nick looked more like he was dancing Back Street Boy moves than anything else. I honestly didn't see much Salsa in that dance. I guess Sharna decided to go with what Nick knows best. I'm still scratching my head why the judges liked it as much as they did. Sharna should have been called out on that choreography and Nick should have been called out on that boy band swagger that he does in all his dances.

I don't have a horse in this race at this point. With Alexa gone now, I really don't care who wins this season. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not "bashing Nick and Sharna" to elevate my favorite as I don't have a favorite now.
:(
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:08 pm

luvthepros wrote:...

I don't have a horse in this race at this point. With Alexa gone now, I really don't care who wins this season. Just wanted to clarify that I'm not "bashing Nick and Sharna" to elevate my favorite as I don't have a favorite now.
Sad
Hard to believe. You look like a sore loser. Sorry, just my impression. If you really don't care, why mention that? Any other trio you liked better?
If Bindi wins, I'll be as pissed as you are now. Call me out on it next week. Laughing
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:16 pm

I know you didn't ask me, but I liked Bindi and Carlos' trio.  I'm not even necessarily a Bindi supporter but it was more about the choreography.  Nick doesn't do anything for me as a dancer.  He dances well but I don't find him very interesting to watch on the show.  Carlos may be equal in dancing to him, but I just find him more interesting in the way he moves. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:51 pm

I see what you mean, and I respect your opinion. I would agree Carlos' trio was as good as Nick's, but at the same time Bindi's was overscored for me. It's interesting that for both of us it's not about Bindi herself. You liked the choreography, I found it meaningless. It was about the pro rather than the celeb. Bindi looked more like a variable in it. Maybe it would have worked as a troupe number.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:13 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:....... Any other trio you liked better?
If Bindi wins, I'll be as pissed as you are now. Call me out on it next week. :coffee1:
Actually, yes. Derek, Mark and Bindi's trio held my attention in a really good way. It was different and featured Bindi in a new light (no pun intended). I thought this Jazz trio was more suited for a freestyle, however. I really think it had that WOW factor that a freestyle needs to be successful. I wonder why Derek didn't wait to use this routine for the freestyle.

IMHO, Carlos, Witney and Karina's trio blew everyone out of the water. Period.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:34 pm

Thanks for filling the gaps, luv. I do not share your opinion about the Freestyle -eh- Jazz Trio, but I can accept it. I do agree about Carlos, I love every bit I can get from Karina, and Carrie Ann was off once again.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:24 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:Thanks for filling the gaps, luv. I do not share your opinion about the Freestyle -eh- Jazz Trio, but I can accept it. I do agree about Carlos, I love every bit I can get from Karina, and Carrie Ann was off once again.
You're welcome. And.....yes....how about that Carrie Ann? She's been hitting the bottle a bit hard these days. She certainly loses credibility most every time she opens her mouth (and falls off her chair).
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Is something wrong with me because I didn't like Bindi's trio as much as others did? It kept bothering me, so I rewatched and dissected it. Was it the often before seen Ballas-Hough connection? Not quite. Sharna and Peta are besties as well, so why bother? The package went on, and suddenly it hit me: where was Mark's contribution at all? One of the most creative pros, but although he confirmed how long and how well they've been working together, it was more like watching master and servant- Derek had seen sth and wanted to use it, Derek had this idea, Derek wanted that. Any troupe dancer could have filled in for Mark! Once I realized that made me biased, for the next run I skipped the package and the judges comments, tried to disregard the pros, and focused on the girl doing her thing. Suddenly I saw the nuances in her acting; that touch of insanity, the impression of being locked up in a cage with a light bulb as a glimmer of hope. Without all the ballyhoo, it was an impressive performance.

Now here's my question: if she was able to pull that off, why didn't the producers trust her to make the finals based on her skills, like everyone else? Instead, she has been overhyped as much as Tamar has been degraded. Did they really think they do her a favor?

Last edited by DeadManDancing on Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:07 pm

I thought she acted well in the Grace Kelly number.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:18 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:I thought she acted well in the Grace Kelly number.
That FT was the only dance I have actually enjoyed by Bindi. All the others have struck me as "meh", boring. She was costumed better than her usual matronly get ups, her expressions were appropriate to the dance and she did it quite well. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top