Famous Dances Week

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Famous Dances Week - Page 2 Empty Re: Famous Dances Week

Post by DiscoDiva92 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:06 pm

The right person went home tonight, but I'm worried for Alexa next week with the low scores from this week.
DiscoDiva92
DiscoDiva92

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:31 am

Thank you Psychee for posting those video clips!

My favorite was Andy and Allison's Good Mornin'.  Loved that they changed what was originally a tap number yet still retained the spirit and the moments we remember from the dance.  Both Hayes and Nick had to compete with the image of John Travolta and I think came up a bit short, but good efforts from them.  I also enjoyed Paula's Vogue.  Not much technical dancing of course, but I think Paula really had fun with this one and she got to have Karina and Anna beside her.  It's good that she was able to leave on a high note.  I think the judges were somewhat lenient about lifts that were used, etc. because the teams were being asked to recreate iconic dance moments even if those moments didn't necessarily go with their assigned dance style.

Loved the opening number!  I think these were the iconic movies and stars that were used.
1.  Flashdance (Karina)
2.  Singin' In The Rain (Derek)
3.  Sweet Charity (Troupe)
4.  Beyonce-Single Ladies (Witney)
5.  A Chorus Line (Lindsay? & Troupe)
6.  Fred & Ginger (Tony & Anna)
7.  M.C. Hammer-Can't Touch This (Keo)

Last edited by suebob16 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:16 am

DiscoDiva92 wrote:The right person went home tonight, but I'm worried for Alexa next week with the low scores from this week.
I don't think they pick the 2 couples with the lowest scores to leave.  One couple is picked because they are the lowest and the second couple is more random.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:22 am

I thought Bindi danced pretty good and she isn't usually the one I root for.  I loved Carlos' dance.  I love Tamar but I think she is better when she is the focus of the dance and not dancing with a group.  The other people are distracting.  And for sure no one else should have left last night but Paula.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:24 am

When I compared Nick to John Travolta, John Travolta was definitely more macho dancing in the movie.  It doesn't mean he was better, but just a different take.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:19 pm

I'm not going to nitpick on any of the dances; I thought they all had the time of their lives. Two  things were obsolete last night: naming dance styles and judges scores. They should have called it freestyle round; especially since it was about recreating dance scenes which were never meant to fit in any traditional cathegory. It was predictable the judges would be carried away by iconic cites or images. It would have taken Len (or Maks) to put it into perspective- and take the booing for it. Three and a half women at the judges table were not a good idea. If you set that aside, it was fantastic entertanment from everybody.
I think the writing's on the wall for Alexa and Alek. Not that I think it's justified, but I can smell it. However, any elimination from now on will be "shocking".
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:When I compared Nick to John Travolta, John Travolta was definitely more macho dancing in the movie.  It doesn't mean he was better, but just a different take.
Travolta is an actor so he had the character down. Whether he was playing the role or dancing, that attitude was there. I read on another forum Travolta trained 8 months for the dancing and that would include the strut that is so famous.

I loved this show, loved the theme and really enjoyed everyone, including Paula and Louis' awesome staging. Just WOW. My favorite of the night was "Good Mornin'". I'm sure it is because that is my favorite iconic dance number of all that were presented tonight. I can not take my eyes off of Donald O'Connor in that dance!
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:18 pm

Question:  Does this picture look odd to anyone else?  Why aren't the people in the chairs looking at Derek and Bindi?

Famous Dances Week - Page 2 Bindi-irwin-dirty-dancing-lift-dwts
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Is this a practice or rehearsal?

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:30 pm

luvthepros wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:When I compared Nick to John Travolta, John Travolta was definitely more macho dancing in the movie.  It doesn't mean he was better, but just a different take.
I loved this show, loved the theme and really enjoyed everyone, including Paula and Louis' awesome staging. Just WOW. My favorite of the night was "Good Mornin'".
I enjoyed the show too.  That Pony dance was good.  I might have to watch Magic Mike.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Is this a practice or rehearsal?

I'm pretty sure it was the performance.  We saw it from another camera's perspective. 

But why would that make a difference?  Even at a practice, I would expect normal folks -- any folks, for that matter -- to have their eyes glued on Bindi and Derek at that point in their performance.  Wouldn't you?

That aside, I love the look on Sasha's face -- and the rest of the troupe! 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:26 pm

I wonder if they are looking at the performance on a screen.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:46 pm

I watched the video again.   I think they might have been looking up front for a dancing cue, because right after this moment captured on film, they all got up at the same time, turned toward the aisle and dirty danced a bit.  So I'm thinking that they weren't just regular audience as I first thought, but rather, extras for the performance, perhaps recruited from the audience, but with a role to play.  

Interestingly, the troupe up front had no choreographed dancing as that lift happened -- they cheered Bindi on and then just watched until Derek brought her down -- then they went into choreographed dancing again.  

I wonder what the B plan was going to be if it looked like she was about to fall.  I noticed that Tony was right there to help out if necessary.  Maybe they also had spotters in places where we couldn't see them. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 pm

You cracked the case. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content