Post by Oakma Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:58 am

No we never ever would know ... or tell .... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS Episode 1, 9/14/15 - Page 3 Empty Re: DWTS Episode 1, 9/14/15

Post by tinytiny Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 am

I was so glad to see Anna, Karina, and Louis come back for another season, and then sad to see them get partners that give them no chance of getting very far in the competition.  Why bother bringing them back if they will be out within the first couple of weeks?  And then the same three or four pros get the best contenders again and will probably end up at the top.  I really don't know why some of the pros keep coming back year after year because the deck seems stacked against them from the start. JMO of course, but I feel sorry for some of the pros.  We might get to see how good they really are if they were given some better partners to work with.  With that being said,  so far I am liking Nick, Tamar, and Alek the most.

Last edited by tinytiny on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:02 pm

singlyme wrote:MHO (bearing in mind I have no dance skills and only look at smooth lines and beautiful performances):

Loved them:  Tamar & Val, Carlos & Witney, Bindi & Derek (Bindi needs a sedative), Nick & Sharna, Alek & Lindsay

Not too shabby:  Andy & Allison, Alexa & Mark (something felt off with Alexa)

Pretty bad:  Chaka & Keo, Paula & Louis. Kim & Tony

What was that?:  Victor & Karina, Hayes & Emma (started like a contemporary)

Yew, just yew:  Gary & Anna - poor Anna
I agree with your assessment, Singly. And I agree with WW, your categories are perfect. lol

I guess Bindi is a chip off the old block just like her Dad. I always thought he needed a sedative too. She seems like a sweetie though. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:07 pm

My faves were Nick and Sharna....Alek and Lindsay.....Tamar and Val( that could change if she starts talkin' smak to Petas (possible) future brother-in-law!!!.............Bindi was right up there too...she was really good  .........but dang ...I thought sure those puppies were going to fly up and knock her out and she would be down for the count in round one!!!!   Ashamed

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 pm

What was with Tamar? I could not understand one word she said! Time you use your dance floor voice and English, Tamar.
I did like her dancing and costume. She looked elegant until she opened her mouth -- LOL.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:43 pm

I could not believe Paula's under pants comment! Tacky, tacky, and not funny.
Poor Louis - I thought she was going to strangle him. She hung on him so tight.
She can say Bye bye anytime. So can Kim, Gary, and Chaka.
Victor was not so good but I want Karina to stay on longer.
I would also love for Anna and Louis to stay, but their partners must go.
Would be great if they could dance together for the rest of the show.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:47 pm

Starz wrote:What was with Tamar? I could not understand one word she said! Time you use your dance floor voice and English, Tamar.
I did like her dancing and costume. She looked elegant until she opened her mouth -- LOL.
Yesterday I read on some online snarky gossip site that the DWTS rehearsal hall is hosting war games between two reality show women. So far it's a war of words. They didn't name them but of course all the commenters assumed it is Tamar and Kym. 

Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Starz wrote:What was with Tamar? I could not understand one word she said! Time you use your dance floor voice and English, Tamar.

I really appreciated the ambitiousness of her doing a Quickstep in the first week, and doing it so well! -- but there was nothing appealing to me about her personality and mannerisms.  There was just too much of it, especially for the first week.  Those who are familiar with her from other contexts might be able to put all that "in-your-faceness" in context, but this was the first time I've seen her and it was just overwhelming as an introduction (like NeNe, actually).  She should be a challenge for Val, I think. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:51 pm

Starz wrote:I could not believe Paula's under pants comment! Tacky, tacky, and not funny.
Poor Louis - I thought she was going to strangle him. She hung on him so tight.
She can say Bye bye anytime. So can Kim, Gary, and Chaka.
Victor was not so good but I want Karina to stay on longer.
I would also love for Anna and Louis to stay, but their partners must go.
Would be great if they could dance together for the rest of the show.
I was astounded at the classlessness and bad manners of Ms Deen. Does she ever stop talking? Poor Louis went through it all with a pained expression on his face.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:58 pm

I'm right there with everyone about Tamar and Paula..............Tamar just dance and smile ...........Paula ..............welllll   I don't know what can be done about you!!! 
     I'm with you on that Starz about not understanding Tamar. 
     Did anyone see the show last night and hear the backstage stuff?....I did and was disappointed in Tamar getting so po'd that she messed up..........reminded me a little of the diva Nicole was.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:05 pm

I saw some of Tamar on her reality show and found her annoying.  I thought she might be different on this show but some of her behavior started peeking out and I wonder who she thinks she is.  She needs to get over herself.  She did look good though and danced well, but that attitude isn't very appealing.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:48 pm

I've also seen some of her show. She has a very high opinion of herself, which, IMHO, is hardly justified. There is also a program with Tamar, her sisters, and their mother. Just as bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by minkajane6 Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:18 pm

I was so glad when I saw that Karina, Louis and Anna were back this season.   But they didn't get partners with much potential, it seems.  I wish at least one  of them had a contender. Confused

minkajane6

Back to top Go down

Post by tinytiny Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:40 am

minkajane6 wrote:I was so glad when I saw that Karina, Louis and Anna were back this season.   But they didn't get partners with much potential, it seems.  I wish at least one  of them had a contender. Confused
I feel the same way, minka.  I was so excited to see that they are back, but I don't think they will be on for long.  And the same pros got the best contenders again.

tinytiny

Back to top Go down

Post by dori1333 Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 am

tinytiny wrote:
minkajane6 wrote:I was so glad when I saw that Karina, Louis and Anna were back this season.   But they didn't get partners with much potential, it seems.  I wish at least one  of them had a contender. Confused
I feel the same way, minka.  I was so excited to see that they are back, but I don't think they will be on for long.  And the same pros got the best contenders again.
 I wonder why that happens! Do you think they decide on the popularity of the pro ? I feel bad for the others!
dori1333
dori1333
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Maybe the pros don't want to be on that long or they don't care.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:27 pm

I think a lot of the pros see this show as a family and even if their 'star' goes off early they will still be in dances the entire season and it keeps them relevant and a paycheck. ABC has helped to make these pros TV stars.....Love you Anna, Karina and Louis and soooo happy to see you!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:55 pm

This is OT but I need help. I'm on an iPad right now and I don't see any way to respond to an individual comment. I don't see buttons for REPLY or QUOTE. This website interface looks totally different than the look it has on my Windows PC. I understand this is a mobile device interface but stil..... I have no way to respond to an individual post. The reply option is at the bottom of each page which is how I'm able to post this. Do all iPads behave this way with this forum?

luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:42 pm

luvthepros wrote:This is OT but I need help. I'm on an iPad right now and I don't see any way to respond to an individual comment. I don't see buttons for REPLY or QUOTE. This website interface looks totally different than the look it has on my Windows PC. I understand this is a mobile device interface but stil..... I have no way to respond to an individual post. The reply option is at the bottom of each page which is how I'm able to post this. Do all iPads behave this way with this forum?

On your mobile version click on the little white arrow in the black box, right side near the top. Then choose Classic Version. You should then have access to all functions. It kind of flummoxed me when I first used iPad for this site too.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:41 pm

I found the black arrow but tapping on that arrow makes the bottom symbols visible. The symbols im talking a out are....... Back and forward arrows, air drop, bookmarks and additional pages. I dont see anything to bring me to the classic version. I'm on an iPhone 5 right now. I'll try that arrow on the iPad the next time i'm on that device. Thanks for the help.
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:47 pm

Lesallee......
Just realized when the symbols are visible is when you tap on that arrow to see the link for CLASSIC VERSION. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
luv
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 pm

dori1333 wrote:
 I wonder why that happens! Do you think they decide on the popularity of the pro ? I feel bad for the others!
I once thought the same, but I changed my mind. Pros who have been on for several seasons get their fair share of contenders, and not even that can guarantee them a trophy. Let's have a look at some of the most popular pros and their partners. Kym: was Hines Ward a better dancer than Joey Fatone? Karina: who should have won based on dance skills- JR Martinez or Corbin Blue? Peta: who thinks Donald Driver was better than James Maslow? Emma: if I had asked you before the respective seasons, who would you have expected to go further- Bill Engval or Redfoo? Derek: would Amber Riley take down Nastia Liukin? Val: wouldn't Elizabeth Berkley dance circles around Rumer Willis? Mark: could Bristol Palin mess with Willow Shields? It's quite obvious the voters have their own opinion. As a new pro, apparently you have to prove yourself. The better you are, the sooner you get a so called contender- not to use the "R"-word. Best example: Witney and Alfonso. Let's also not forget the other side of the medal. When a contestant with no previous experience turns out to be good, that says a lot about the coaching abilities of the pro, but claiming he or she was favored by the producers wouldn't make sense in this case simply because no one could foresee it. Finally, it is impossible to cast contenders only, and as hard as it sounds: you also need some cannon fodder every season.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:53 pm

luvthepros wrote:Lesallee......
Just realized when the symbols are visible is when you tap on that arrow to see the link for CLASSIC VERSION. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 
luv
You are Welcome
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:46 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
dori1333 wrote:
As a new pro, apparently you have to prove yourself. The better you are, the sooner you get a so called contender- not to use the "R"-word. Best example: Witney and Alfonso. Let's also not forget the other side of the medal.
Though Keo is a very good dancer and he isn't getting any contenders.  I feel he is as good a dancer as Witney or better.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:51 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
DeadManDancing wrote:
dori1333 wrote:
As a new pro, apparently you have to prove yourself. The better you are, the sooner you get a so called contender- not to use the "R"-word. Best example: Witney and Alfonso. Let's also not forget the other side of the medal.
Though Keo is a very good dancer and he isn't getting any contenders.  I feel he is as good a dancer as Witney or better.
Keo may be a good dancer but maybe he isn't very good at the teaching part.   Confused
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top