Kaitlyn stopping Nick's proposal

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaitlyn stopping Nick's proposal Empty Kaitlyn stopping Nick's proposal

Post by Regina Phalange Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

Awkward!  Poor guy (and I don't even like him), but that was brutal.  Taking the ring out, her stopping him, him saying, "No?" and putting it back.  So hard to watch.  Anyone else?
Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn stopping Nick's proposal Empty Re: Kaitlyn stopping Nick's proposal

Post by Lesallee Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:23 am

It was tough to watch. And I felt bad for Kaitlyn because she was very emotional about it. I think she wanted to tell Nick long before it got to the proposal stage but likely was forbidden to do so by the producers. After all, the last few weeks have been all about the Shawn-Nick conflict so of course the producers want that final showdown on our screens. Manipulation at its finest.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by barton2020 Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:33 am

I think in Nick's case she should have rejected him prior but the powers pushed her to have him face her at the FRC for the drama.

I feel sorry for Nick because I feel he did care for Kaitlyn deeply and would have handled it much better earlier on.  It was Shawn from day one.  Watching UnReal you know they had her keep Nick otherwise Ben H. or Jared would have been too dull of an ending.

Sad they use people....hope Nick has learned a lesson and finds someone off screen and his family can rest easy. Crying or Very sad

barton2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Phalange Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:51 am

I suppose the premise of the show is that two men potentially propose and she rejects one and accepts the other.  On one hand, I feel like both men should be prepared for the fact that she could say no.  On the other hand, the kind thing to do would be to dismiss the one you're not feeling it for as soon as you know, that's not technically how this show is set up and I'm OK with the producers getting back to that.  And it certainly makes for "dramatic" rose ceremonies and suspense for the viewing audience.
Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange

Back to top Go down

Post by grandmamaof7 Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:59 am

Yes, TPTB probably told Kaitlyn to bring Nick to th FRC and turn him down there, but it was HER choice to have slept with him and tell him she loved him. I can't imagine she could have been coerced into sleeping with him (but maybe saying she loved him).

grandmamaof7

http://sunrisemon@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Regina Phalange Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:15 pm

grandmamaof7 wrote:Yes, TPTB probably told Kaitlyn to bring Nick to th FRC and turn him down there, but it was HER choice to have slept with him and tell him she loved him. I can't imagine she could have been coerced into sleeping with him (but maybe saying she loved him).
Oh no, never meant to imply that she was coerced into sleeping with him or saying she loved him.
Regina Phalange
Regina Phalange

Back to top Go down

Post by grandmamaof7 Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:55 pm

Regina, I know you were not implying that. My point is she led him down the primrose path for her own "feelings", not considering Nick's at all. I don't think her tears were because she was sad to turn down Nick, I think the tears were because of the lies she told and how she acted on her "feelings" and now she was very uncomfortable having to face the person she had "used". I think she reveled in the fact that 2 men were in love with her.....she kept saying it over and over.

grandmamaof7

http://sunrisemon@aol.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:28 pm

Well, Kaitlyn said she needed to take things to the end to make sure she was making the right choice.  Who knows?  She might have had a change of heart right then and there in front of Nick, but it looks like she didn't.

And she's not married yet--plenty of time still to have a change of heart.  I hope the doubt and trust issues with Shawn are for dramatic purposes, and that in real life they have been resolved.

Sorry, I don't really think as badly of Kaitlyn as some do, but that scene (and the ATFR) was just so full of parody material . . .

Last edited by Buckeye Belle on Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:29 am

I doubt we will see Nick in this franchise again.  He's had almost two full seasons.  He's had more than his 15 minutes IMHO.  I'd like to see him find someone outside of the bach bubble.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:02 pm

Much has been made of Nick and Kaitlyn sleeping together and I guess I have a different take on it. Keep in mind it is just my opinion only.

Since Nick and Kaitlyn had some prior communication pre-season and from accounts it turned flirtatious, I'm sure this was something Nick told the producers when he gave his pitch for coming on the show. It is a proven fact that pretty much every season there is much sleeping around going on but the producers have never chosen to highlight it up until now. The camera's were there during this interlude for a reason. I'm thinking it was already discussed that it was going to be filmed them getting ready to get it on. They obviously were okay with it being filmed. This I'm sure was an attempt to explore what that prior connection was that they had. And I'm also sure that the producers jumped at the chance to bring Nick onto the show because this was something they knew in advance that they were going to exploit. 

I'm sure that Nick probably thought that he had this one in the bag due to whatever that prior relationship was. He obviously underestimated that there was even a remote possibility that Kaitlyn would form a connection with anyone else. I don't think he took Kaitlyn and Shawn's relationship as anything to be alarmed about....until near the end which is why I believe he tried to throw Shawn under the bus with that 'eskimo' comment.

I have said all of this to basically say that Nick went in over confident and he shouldn't have done that...yet again. There is always a chance of getting rejected but I just think that he thinks he brings so much to the table in a relationship that no girl will choose another. That is why I believe he is taken by surprise and becomes so overly moody when he gets dumped that his family is getting concerned over his participation in this process once again. 

I also believe that since he was dumped pre-rose ceremony during Andi's season and also due to the tension between him and Shawn that TPTB made Kaitlyn let him say his spiel before she let him go. I personally think that is part of the reason why she was so upset before she let him go.    
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:31 pm

Another great post rkc.  You always make perfect sense.  You rock

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:03 pm

I felt bad for him, whatever the reason was that she didn't let him know earlier... at least sometime before he pulled out the ring.  Then on Jimmy Kimmel, she and Shawn said the moment when Nick tossed the ring after being rejected was "funny."  He was at a low point; I don't see how Kaitlyn could think that moment was funny.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:06 pm

Probably because the producer in the car told him to do it.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:Probably because the producer in the car told him to do it.
Good point.  I wonder if that's what Kaitlyn thought.  I don't think she knew for sure.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:45 pm

newto the boards wrote:Another great post rkc.  You always make perfect sense.  You rock
I think my BF would disagree with that, but thank you for the vote of confidence. LOL
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Kaitlyn stopping Nick's proposal Empty Exactly

Post by waswert Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:53 pm

Regina Phalange wrote:I suppose the premise of the show is that two men potentially propose and she rejects one and accepts the other.  On one hand, I feel like both men should be prepared for the fact that she could say no.  On the other hand, the kind thing to do would be to dismiss the one you're not feeling it for as soon as you know, that's not technically how this show is set up and I'm OK with the producers getting back to that.  And it certainly makes for "dramatic" rose ceremonies and suspense for the viewing audience.

Precisely Lesallee (hope that is the name; I can't see it now), Regina Ph, and Bart.

I do think the producers want to go back to the "two guys arrive in a limo and two proposals" that they had for so long. I liked it better, too. It's fun to figure out whose feet belong to the guy in the first limo.

About Nick--of all people there he should know how it goes--it is a reality show and things aren't always as they seem.

About the proposal ... I think Kaitlyn was crying too much to put together a course of action. However, one thing stupefies me, and I don't know if relates to Nick's arrogance or his cluelessness:

As Nick went along could he not read Kaitlyn's face in any way. Did that look like the face of someone who is thrilled? Some faces are easier to read than others, and she might have well had a sign. No smile and a pained look in her eyes, etc. HOW COULD HE HAVE MISSED THAT? Most kindergarten students would have picked up on that almost immediately.

wertwerter

waswert

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:16 pm

waswert wrote:
Regina Phalange wrote:I suppose the premise of the show is that two men potentially propose and she rejects one and accepts the other.  On one hand, I feel like both men should be prepared for the fact that she could say no.  On the other hand, the kind thing to do would be to dismiss the one you're not feeling it for as soon as you know, that's not technically how this show is set up and I'm OK with the producers getting back to that.  And it certainly makes for "dramatic" rose ceremonies and suspense for the viewing audience.

Precisely Lesallee (hope that is the name; I can't see it now), Regina Ph, and Bart.

I do think the producers want to go back to the "two guys arrive in a limo and two proposals" that they had for so long. I liked it better, too. It's fun to figure out whose feet belong to the guy in the first limo.

About Nick--of all people there he should know how it goes--it is a reality show and things aren't always as they seem.

About the proposal ... I think Kaitlyn was crying too much to put together a course of action. However, one thing stupefies me, and I don't know if relates to Nick's arrogance or his cluelessness:

As Nick went along could he not read Kaitlyn's face in any way. Did that look like the face of someone who is thrilled? Some faces are easier to read than others, and she might have well had a sign. No smile and a pained look in her eyes, etc. HOW COULD HE HAVE MISSED THAT? Most kindergarten students would have picked up on that almost immediately.

wertwerter
I'm glad you brought up this last part because that is something I forgot about. Watching him go on and on I remember thinking that he is totally not seeing the look on her face. That wasn't the face of a happy woman. If I was him I would have stopped but he just was not reading the moment well.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Buckeye Belle Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:28 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I'm glad you brought up this last part because that is something I forgot about. Watching him go on and on I remember thinking that he is totally not seeing the look on her face. That wasn't the face of a happy woman. If I was him I would have stopped but he just was not reading the moment well.
Could that have been because he was reading the cue cards?  Scared

Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top