Season 20 - Week 3 Empty Season 20 - Week 3

Post by SLA44 Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:21 pm

DetailsWritten by Al Mellis Published: 27 March 2015
dwts,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

DANCING WITH THE STARS:

LATIN NIGHT
Monday at 8/7c on ABC

THE BALLROOM HEATS UP WITH LATIN NIGHT ON “DANCING WITH THE STARS,” MONDAY, MARCH 30 AT THE END OF THE NIGHT ONE COUPLE WILL BE SENT HOME

The shirts come off when Latin Night returns to “Dancing with the Stars” on MONDAY, MARCH 30 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. The evening kicks off with a steamy opening number choreographed by Mandy Moore and the eleven remaining celebrities debut a new dance style, on what’s always the hottest night of the season. The couples will perform a variety of Latin dances such as the Samba, Rumba, Salsa, Argentine Tango, Paso Doble and Cha Cha as they compete for America’s vote. Atthe end of the night, one couple will be eliminated from the competition and hang up their dancing shoes.

The remaining couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):

Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess: “Rather Be” by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne
Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson: “How Long Will I Love You” by Ellie Goulding
Patti LaBelle and Artem Chigvintsev: “Oye 2014” by Santana featuring Pitbull
Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough: “Chillando Goma” by Fulanito
Riker Lynch and Allison Holker: “Limbo” by Daddy Yankee
Charlotte McKinney and Keo Motsepe: “Empire” by Shakira
Michael Sam and Peta Murgatroyd: “Celebrate” by Pitbull
Willow Shields and Mark Ballas: “Hanuman” by Rodrigo y Gabriela
Suzanne Somers and Tony Dovolani: “Copacabana” by Barry Manilow
Chris Soules and Witney Carson: “Dangerous” by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin
Rumer Willis and Valentin Chmerkovskiy: “Turn the Beat Around” by Gloria Estefan

Viewers will also have more access to the show than ever before with #DWTSAllAccess offering viewers a behind the scenes look with six live stream videos from key positions in the ballroom. #DWTSAllAccess allows fans to view livestreams from different angles of the ballroom including: the Red Room, Judges’ Table, Sky Box, make-up mirror, a wide shot of the dance floor and an exclusive behind the scenes series hosted by Gethin Jones that will feature exclusive interviews with celebrity couples. Additionally, viewers will have access to the DWTS rehearsal studio with live streaming videos available Tuesday – Saturday from 4:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m., ET on ABC.com.

“Dancing with the Stars” features Julianne Hough, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba at the judges table and is hosted by Emmy® Award-winning host Tom Bergeron (“America’s Funniest Home Videos”) and Erin Andrews (sports host & “Dancing with the Stars” Season 10 finalist).

Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Alex Rudzinski directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline. 
About BBC Worldwide Productions

BBC Worldwide Productions is a key business under BBC Worldwide North America, the U.S. division of the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), BBC Worldwide. Led by Jane Tranter, BBC Worldwide Productions is based in Los Angeles and develops and produces scripted and non-scripted projects for U.S. cable and broadcast networks, as well as digital platforms. The production company is responsible for various titles including the upcoming limited series, Crime (HBO), as well as Getting On (HBO), Top Gear (HISTORY), Mud, Sweat and Gears (BBC America) and the cultural phenomenon, Dancing with the Stars (ABC).

Follow us on:  Facebook [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Twitter @DancingABC, #DWTS
Instagram @DancingABC

Vine @DancingABC
@ABC_Publicity 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 20 - Week 3 Empty Re: Season 20 - Week 3

Post by SLA44 Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:46 pm

From BuddyTV.com

The 11 remaining couples will all perform one new Latin dance, styles that include Samba, Salsa, Rumba, Cha-Cha-Cha, Argentine Tango and Paso Doble. At the end of the night, one couple will be eliminated. Here's a look at the songs and styles the couples will be performing.

Argentine Tango
-Noah Galloway and Sharna Burgess: "Rather Be" by Clean Bandit featuring Jess Glynne
-Chris Soules and Witney Carson: "Dangerous" by David Guetta featuring Sam Martin

Rumba
-Robert Herjavec and Kym Johnson: "How Long Will I Love You" by Ellie Goulding
-Charlotte McKinney and Keo Motsepe: "Empire" by Shakira

Samba
-Nastia Liukin and Derek Hough: "Chillando Goma" by Fulanito
-Suzanne Somers and Tony Dovolani: "Copacabana" by Barry Manilow

Salsa
-Riker Lynch and Allison Holker: "Limbo" by Daddy Yankee
-Michael Sam and Peta Murgatroyd: "Celebrate" by Pitbull
-Rumer Willis and Val Chmerkovskiy: "Turn the Beat Around" by Gloria Estefan

To Be Determined
-Willow Shields and Mark Ballas: "Hanuman" by Rodrigo y Gabriela
-Patti LaBelle and Artem Chigvintsev: "Oye 2014" by Santana featuring Pitbull

Riker, Rumer and Michael all doing the Salsa should be interesting to compare since they are three of the better performers. I'm most interested to see Noah and Sharna's Tango. That seems like one of the more difficult styles to adapt to with only one arm.

See all of the Latin Night dances on Dancing with the Stars, Monday at 8pm on ABC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 am

Should be interesting indeed.  The AT is known for lifts - I'm wondering how that's going to work for Noah.  I know Christian (I think that was his name) couldn't use one arm due to injury, and Cheryl was still able to choreograph a couple of lifts that used his good arm.  But Christian had the advantage of two solid legs to brace himself.  Noah won't have that, but if physical appearance is any indication, he would certainly seem to have the brute strength needed to lift Sharna.  Should be interesting.  On the other hand, I am not looking forward to seeing Chris try an AT.  He may surprise me, but based on his last two performances, I expect this will not be good.

I've only heard of two of those songs - Copacabana and Turn the Beat Around.  I am officially old.  I've never even heard of some of the other groups, let alone the songs. 

I still haven't seen any notice of what Patti is dancing, but Willow and Mark are doing a Paso.

Is it too much for me to hope that they've finally listened and got rid of contemporary and jazz?  Three weeks in a row without one popping up!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 am

Ok - quick thoughts.  My favorite dance of the night was Rumer's disco/salsa.  I thought that was fun and energetic and totally enjoyable.  It's honestly one of the few routines I actually even remember from last night.  I thought their scores were fair until they started dropping 9s on others.

I wasn't impressed with either AT, although I thought Noah did a great job with the lifts.  I was a bit worried at the end, though, as Noah's prosthetic leg kept coming higher and higher off the ground.  I seriously expected them to fall and was so happy they didn't.  Chris needs to go next.  JMHO.  But I'm not enjoying him at all, even though I have come to adore Witney.

I also wasn't impressed with either rumba.  Charlotte hit some beautiful lines but was clunky in between.  I had wanted Chris to be the one to leave last night but after watching Charlotte's package, I was okay with her leaving instead since I wanted her gone next anyway.  Did not care for her attitude at all.  I don't care how busy you are - wait for a scheduled break to check your messages.  Don't wander off when Keo's trying to teach or rehearse.  Robert did a decent job with the rumba - it just didn't seem to be as smooth as it should have been.  It was good but not great or really memorable for me.

Riker did a great job with the salsa, but I was glad Carrie Anne told Allison to dial back the testosterone a bit.  Allison, like Peta, is a more in-your-face dancer, although Peta has really toned it down recently, probably because of the partners she's had.  But it's been good for her (or at least for my enjoyment of her anyway ).  Michael struggled with the salsa - it wasn't good but it wasn't horrible either.

Suzanne Somers did a nice job with the samba.  I liked it.  Smile  I'm honestly still not feeling Nastia.  I don't know what it is about her.  Maybe it's partly because she doesn't seem to have much of a personality?  I watch her dance, and it looks beautiful, but at the end, I'm still like . . . meh.  And I have to admit that I am more annoyed with Derek than ever now knowing that he's basically sharing duties with Henry.  How many times have we complained about a celeb who agrees to do the show and then doesn't really have/make the time for it?  Derek should not have agreed to do this season if he wasn't able to give more attention to it than that.  Ugh.  Go away, Derek.  Let Henry take over since he can do it full time.

I love the paso but again Willow still dances 'immature' to me (which is as it should be) so it was kind of lacking for me in attitude.  She seems to do the steps well, though, but her dancing never really touches or excites me the way some of the others do.  Patti LaBelle is still a force.  That cha cha didn't seem to have a lot of content in it, and that shimmy thing she did on the cart was kind of weird, but I love her attitude, I love the way she goes for it, and she entertains.  Good for her!

In the end, only Rumer and Riker really got my full attention, and I'm on the fence about Riker.  Despite him saying that he had no dance background, someone found records from one of the dance entities showing that he did indeed compete with his sister for a while.  It didn't appear that they were top tier but if I recall they placed several times in competitions.  It was years ago, and it seemed like they only competed for maybe one season, so it's not like he was world junior champion or anything, but I think that probably does qualify him as the first true 'ringer.'  Not by much, though.  But my own personal conspiracy theory is that they gave Riker to Allison because they figured out last season that she doesn't know enough herself to be able to teach someone who knows nothing, so Riker already knows the basics.  That way they could justify keeping her around after she did so poorly with Jonathan.

Last edited by LadyMustang65 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix mistakes)

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:55 am

Last night was entertaining. My pick of the night was Rumer. It was surprising to see them give Riker the higher score. He's definitely in my top three, along with Nastia. But I didn't think anyone topped Rumer this go-round.

As beautifully as Nastia dances, I find myself wishing she could get rid of the dour expression. Even when she smiles, she doesn't look happy. Perhaps it's the downward curve of her mouth. Dunno.

I was disappointed to see the comedy flair with the fruit hat. I was in agreement with Carrie. Suzanne has enough grace and bounce that she doesn't have to resort to gimmicks to perform.  She needs to lend herself to the theme of each dance, old or not.

I'm SO glad Charlotte and her victimhood are gone. And despite the judges' raves, I thought our buddy Chris was mediocre at best. The lifts were good, but otherwise...not so much.  I could be dead wrong, but his attitude the first couple of weeks left me with the impression that he didn't feel he had to try too hard to win the votes of his "adoring" fans.

I don't know what to say about Noah and still be PC.  If this were the special Olympics, I'm sure he'd be at the top.  His strength in those lifts was amazing, however, the loss of grace came with the stiff prosthetic in his leg.  If I'm to be objective, that's how I see it.  That being said, he did a better job than Michael this week.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:33 am

I'm glad Charlotte went home, too.

As for Chris, this guy has to loosen up or he will be gone very soon.  He seems emotionally flat; in fact had no reaction, or so it seemed, when it was announced that Charlotte was leaving.  He did dance better last night but unless he improves continuously, he will be back on the farm before he knows it.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:19 pm

Singly the stiffness in Noah's prosthetic is due to he has no knee.  Amy had her knees - her prosthetics were below her knees so she had much better movement than someone like Noah that doesn't have his knee.  

I was most impressed with Noah last night and thought he did a very good job given his disabilities.  In fact I thought he did a better job than some with no disabilities.  I do think that Rumer had the best dance and thought their marks should have been higher given the 9's some others got.

I was glad that Charlotte went home last night and thought her performance was terrible last night. 

I don't know if it is just me but it seems like Carrie Ann is really being a bit bitchy this season.  It seems like Len is the nicest one this time around.  Maybe Carrie Ann and Bruno need to take a break. Confused  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:55 pm

Did anyone notice Josh in the audience with Whitney last night?  Brought this over from another site.  It was from someone's (RS) twitter.  It looks like Chris's mom behind Whitney. 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:10 pm

Yes, that is Chris' mom behind Whitney, and behind Josh I believe that is Whitney's sister.

I wonder if Josh's presence gives some truth to the rumors that TPTB are considering him as the next Bachelor.  JMHO but I think he'd be better off looking for someone in the real world.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:51 pm

I too thought that Rumor was the best last night. I guess the reason some gave for scoring her lower was how intense she is but I noticed her facial expressions last night were more in tune to where they should be, so why all the 8's? I understand the first week or two giving lower scores but obviously they aren't hesitating giving 9's so I don't know what they're thinking. I liked Riker's dance but I don't think he danced any better than Rumor.

Nastia was good but I agree with the other comments that I can't get a grasp on her "personality" if she has one. Maybe she's just so intense and doesn't smile because she is thinking it's just another competition to her. Gymnast's rarely seem to smile. I think she's the one that needs to lighten up, not Rumor.

I forget which judge said it but I agree that not only the contestant they were directing it at last night but many of the contestants were making nice graceful moves and then just being mediocre the rest of their dance.

I continue to be inspired by Noah but his disability is going to limit him in so many ways....but...those one armed lifts last night were AWESOME!

I too think that Chris believed that the Bachelor fans would keep him on the top for a while. He just looks so moody when the scores are given and during eliminations.

I am glad Charlotte was given the boot last night. She is crying about being a victim of bullying but she is not the typical bullying victim. She brought the comments on herself. That disgusting promo the first night was out of line for this show. Then the next week everyone was being slapped on the wrist for bullying her. Then this week she is acting like a teenager that can't get off of her cell phone when she is supposed to be getting her dance moves down. When Keo tried to talk to her about it instead of her saying yes, you are right all she did was make excuses for her behavior. Now she is in the news for crying bullying again because of the comment Bruno made to her last night saying, "You're never going to win the Nobel prize for quantum physics, but you are easy on the eyes and you produce wonderful shapes". Stop crying and do something to make people respect you. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:05 pm

Not sure why Josh was there last night but it did look odd him being there. I did hear  that iHeart Radio interviewed him and they asked him if he'd go back on another season of The Bachelorette. He said he wouldn't go back for that but he would consider going on if he was The Bachelor. He also caught some flack from that interview when asked if he missed Andi and his response was no. LOL. What was he supposed to do? Lie? If what was said is true and she was overbearing, bossy, and we all know she never let him get a word in edgewise then he probably ran as far away as he could get from her! 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:04 am

Ah. I was wondering who Josh was, and now I know!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top