NEXT WEEK ON "THE BACHELORETTE" (6/23)
Print This Document
note: To use this function, upgrade your browser: Quick Download
June 17, 2014                      

ANDI IS FULL OF SURPRISES AS THE PRESSURE MOUNTS ON
THE REMAINING EIGHT MEN IN ITALY, ON “THE BACHELORETTE”

Andi’s Secret Admirer is Revealed and Some Men Can’t Hide from the Truth
During a Lie Detector Test
“Episode 1006” – One of the most romantic countries in the world – Italy -- plays host to Andi and the eight remaining men. Nick is worried that he won’t get any time with Andi to set the record straight about his bad attitude. Six anxious bachelors have concerns when they have to take a lie detector test. Are they all hiding something? Finally, Cody gets a one-on-one date and must hope that his emotional plea to Andi to give their relationship a chance to blossom will be enough to get a rose. It’s getting down to crunch time -- two weeks before the hometown dates-- and Andi needs to make some tough decisions. The men who thought they were frontrunners suddenly feel like they are on thin ice, on “The Bachelorette,” MONDAY, JUNE 23 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Andi pulls her first surprise on the streets of Venice, starting her first one-on-one date immediately – with Nick. The shocked suitor needs to convince Andi that he is not the arrogant man that the other bachelors say he is. The date is the very essence of romance with the couple strolling the fabled city hand in hand, taking a gondola ride along the waterways, touring Venice’s historic sites, including St. Mark’s Square and the Bridge of Sighs. But does their undeniable chemistry mean their relationship is back on track? That night, Andi, dressed in a stunning full-length gown and wearing an elegant mask, meets Nick outside the Palace Ca Zenobio, a palace where royalty would hold grand masquerade balls. But the beautiful surroundings don’t stop Andi from addressing her date’s unattractive attitude and behavior on group dates and his cocky reputation in the house. Will Andi still surprise Nick with a private masquerade ball or will what he says change her mind?

The Bachelorette takes six excited bachelors to the quaint town of Monselice, where they soak up the local culture. When they arrive at a medieval castle where prisoners were interrogated, Andi reveals that all the men will be taking lie detector tests. One charming man is nervous that his big secret will be uncovered. But the real shock comes when Andi finds out that four of her bachelors are not telling the truth. What will she do about it? At the group date after party, one dashing bachelor shocks Andi with a surprise revelation while another man confronts her about his dislike for taking the lie detector test. And the Bachelorette’s secret admirer is finally exposed. But one disgruntled suitor verbally attacks the man who receives the group date rose.

Finally, Cody gets his one-on-one date with Andi, and he plans to go all out. The couple arrives in Verona, the home of “Romeo and Juliet.” There, they head to the Juliet Club, a group of volunteers, who answer thousands of letters addressed to “Juliet.” The two read and respond to love letters from the lovelorn. Andi is touched by Cody’s sweet side. That night at a candle-lit dinner she is overwhelmed by his passionate appeal to give him a rose to continue their journey.

With hometown dates just two weeks away, tensions are running high and all the men feel the pressure to get some alone time with Andi. Who will survive the rose ceremony at the lovely Villa Mosconi Bertani? Which men have found themselves unlucky in love? Six men are on track to accompany Andi to Brussels and continue on the romantic journey.

The eight remaining men are:

Brian, 27, a basketball coach from Camp Hill, PA
Chris, 32, a farmer from Arlington, IA
Cody, 28, a personal trainer from Chicago, IL
Dylan, 26, an accountant from Boston, MA
J J, 31, a pantsapreneur from San Francisco, CA
Josh M., 29, a former professional baseball player from Atlanta, GA
Marcus, 25, a sports medicine manager from Dallas, TX
Nick V., 33, a software sales executive from Chicago, IL

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelorette” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton and Alycia Rossiter are the executive producers. “The Bachelorette” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 stereo surround sound. This program carries a TV-14,L parental guideline.
Cathy Rehl (212) 456-6749; cathy.rehl@abc.com
Mitch Messinger (818) 460-6532; mitchell.c.messinger@abc.com
http://www.abcmedianet.com/Web/dnr/dispDNR.aspx?id=pr67411
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Previews Empty Re: Previews

Post by Guest Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:59 am

The train wreck continues.....I wonder who will leave next week.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:34 am

I hope it's JJ - I've had enough of his stirring up trouble.  

It also looks like TPTB are up to humiliating the contestants again - a lie detector test - really?  I don't know why anyone with anything at going for them would want to be on this show.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:23 am

I've read a lot on the ABC board about this being the most boring season yet.  When we were much younger (lol) and naive, we bought into the romance as if this were a legit proposition.

Now, older and wiser, we realize how much of it is staged.  We've seen the repeated cast formula - crazy, drunk, conceited, emotional wreck, the nice one - a few seasons too many.

We're no longer entertained by the required death-defying stunts.  And worst of all, we've come to know just how edited and scripted the show truly is.

There's no longer any romance.  It seems more a competition between contestants we don't necessarily even like.

Is it any wonder it's become boring?  Why do we watch?  I suppose I do it because I don't want to lose my morning wake-up period with cyber-friends.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:15 am

Now they're doing lie detector tests? Really? Maybe that is their shout out to Andi's line of work. Apparently she's not that good at detecting BS so maybe she should choose another career.

I saw on Yahoo News this morning that Andi has resigned her post as Assistant District Attorney in Fulton County, Georgia so that leads to other questions. Is she moving to be with her F1 even though it's sure not to last very long? Has she succumbed to the celebrity bug that so many of them do when the season ends? HAS she realized she's no good at this line of work? LOL
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:54 pm

rkc I agree that I thought that being able to read people and see through BS would be part of an ADA's job but Andi has sure shown, in the edits anyway, that she is both blind and death when it comes to the BS that is being dished out on this show.  It leaves me SMH!  Also the questions they were asking in the lie detector tests were just meant to humiliate the men IMO.  It never ceases to amaze me how sick the producers of this show are.

I saw that about Andi resigning her job this morning also rck and if it is to move to be with her F1 than it wouldn't be Josh since he moved to Atlanta in January.  I had seen her say in an interview that she was so grateful that the DA was holding her job for and she would return to it for now.  Well for now didn't last very long nor did her gratefulness.  You can't believe anything that comes out these leads mouths because they say what TPTB want them to say and it is not usually how it really is IMO.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 pm

Someone said they thought they saw Andi on previews for Bach Paradise.  Seems odd, if she had a proposal.  ???  Who knows.  I did see Clare in the previews and it looks like she'll be an emotional wreck.  Thought I saw Michelle Money but it looked like someone who only looked like her, if you get my drift.  Her face resembled hers but looked different.  Puffier?  Older?  I dunno.

At least with the Bach Pad and Bach Paradise, you get what you sign up for.  lol

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:46 am

I also thought I heard the name "Michelle" on an ad for BIP.  As for Andi being on that show, that would be a first....to have the lead for the just-concluded season on it.  BIP will probably be a hook-up show just like the BP before it.  Look at the "cast of characters."

I've also noticed a similarity in hair and make-up for a couple of the female leads:  Deanna, Desiree and now Andy.  Other contestants may be trying to imitate the look: long dark hair parted in the middle and very similar make-up.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:47 am

I need to give some thought to my thought processes. lol

Apparently, I don't mind bad behavior when it's on the menu and expected, like BIP.  I know I'll see rotten, catty people.  But I DON'T want to see it on regular competition shows like Survivor, Master Chef, Project Runway, etc.  I want a higher caliber cast on shows such as this.

BIP is a schoolyard fight where you stand in the circle and root for the good guy against the bully.  They choose the more deranged people to participate in this one.  They have those "Most Shocking" shows.  This could be "How to lose friends and alienate people."

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Andi did resign her position of ADA but also asked her former bass to reconsider her for rehire at the end of the year when her commitments with the Bachelorette are over.  Here is the link to an article about it:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/19/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-district-attorney-resign/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:42 pm

Here is the link to a sneak preview of JJ voicing off about how he cannot be happy for others and Chris and Brian are the only two of the group that say anything to JJ:

http://tvline.com/2014/06/19/the-bachelorette-video-preview-jj-chris-argue-over-andi/

Woo hoo  You go Chris!!  So glad to see someone put him in his place!!!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 am

If JJ does not go home next week I will consider it a gross miscarriage of justice.  What a total jerk. JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:34 am

You know, newto, my whole perception of this show changed dramatically with JP's season.  I guess I've always understood there has to be editing.  HOWEVER, I expected the editing to be, "Let's show this scene.  Let's cut that scene."  But cutting a word here and splicing it to a word there is devious and manipulative.  I resent the trickery employed to create a loveable (or shady) character for my viewing pleasure.

I had the same feeling as you when they showed that dark look on JJ's face.  Now, I'm wondering if the clip was from another scene.  I don't mind being led down the garden path to romance.  But I definitely dislike being fooled.  These days, TPTB seem more focused on scandal than love.  I have to admit I didn't see the connection between Sean and Catherine, except for the spit exchange on the yacht.  Some claim they nailed his choice.

With JP, I thought it was purely a physical attraction to Clare.  But Nicki was the one who fit more neatly into his lifestyle with a child.  Who would have guessed?  I want to be able to suspect that connection and root for my favorite.  The last few seasons, I haven't had that fave.  The manipulation is SO obvious, I can no longer get drawn into the fantasy.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:53 pm

Here are some more sneak peek videos from Monday nights episode:

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-bachelorette-sneak-peek-codys-date/5rx7xdp?cpkey=23430508-924f-4eff-b7f4-00d9473b1547%257c%257c%257c%257c

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-bachelorette-sneak-peek-nicks-date/5pdcfsc?cpkey=23430508-924f-4eff-b7f4-00d9473b1547%257c%257c%257c%257c

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/the-bachelorette-sneak-peek-venice/54n28a8?cpkey=23430508-924f-4eff-b7f4-00d9473b1547%257c%257c%257c%257c
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:39 pm

I think it's Cody's HAIR that bugs me.  lol

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 pm

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:34 pm

SLA -- just watched the three previews on page 1.  I'm not sure I'd like pigeons sitting on me in the middle of a date...or for that matter, anytime.  I grew up in New York City with the pigeons.  Uck.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:45 pm

SLA44 wrote:Andi did resign her position of ADA but also asked her former bass to reconsider her for rehire at the end of the year when her commitments with the Bachelorette are over.  Here is the link to an article about it:

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/19/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-district-attorney-resign/
Yeah, I just saw that today. So if she is asking to be reconsidered for her job back in Atlanta then if there is news out there that Josh just moved there then maybe that's who she chose...who knows. She certainly seemed to fall for his story of not dating for 5 years but he has totally changed his mind after knowing her for a couple weeks SMH....
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:05 pm

Josh moved to Atlanta in January.  It could mean that she chose Josh or maybe she didn't and wants to leave the door open in case it doesn't work out with the one she chose.  Who knows.  I have a hard time believing he hasn't dated in 5 years and you're right rkc he sure seems hot to trot with Andi and went in for the kiss first opportunity he got.  Yeah I'm SMH too!
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:41 am

Singly - we watch because we've always watched; it's that simple.  I have never missed an episode; if I fall asleep in the middle of one it is on VCR tape (yes, I'm from the 14th century) and I finish watching it the next day.  It is two hours of mindless entertainment at the end of the day, two hours when I don't have to think or do anything but "veg" in front of the TV set.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:45 am

Newto:  I agree about the pigeons.  Rats with wings.  I once thought all birds were cute and loveable - until many years ago when I had to hose my carport daily to remove quarter-sized droppings from three pigeons who decided to roost in the eaves.  I actually detest those filthy birds!

SLA:  The more I'm reading about Josh's background, the more I'm doubting the spin we're getting.  "SMH?"

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:13 pm

"THE BACHELORETTE: LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE
DetailsWritten by Sammi-T
Previews Andi_june22THE BACHELORETTE:
LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE

Sunday at 8/7c on ABC

ANDI IS FULL OF SURPRISES AS THE PRESSURE MOUNTS ON THE REMAINING EIGHT MEN IN ITALY, ON “THE BACHELORETTE

Andi’s Secret Admirer is Revealed and Some Men Can’t Hide from the Truth During a Lie Detector Test.

One of the most romantic countries in the world – Italy -- plays host to Andi and the eight remaining men. Nick is worried that he won’t get any time with Andi to set the record straight about his bad attitude. Six anxious bachelors have concerns when they have to take a lie detector test. Are they all hiding something? Finally, Cody gets a one-on-one date and must hope that his emotional plea to Andi to give their relationship a chance to blossom will be enough to get a rose. It’s getting down to crunch time -- two weeks before the hometown dates-- and Andi needs to make some tough decisions. The men who thought they were frontrunners suddenly feel like they are on thin ice, on “The Bachelorette,” MONDAY, JUNE 23 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. 

Andi pulls her first surprise on the streets of Venice, starting her first one-on-one date immediately – with Nick. The shocked suitor needs to convince Andi that he is not the arrogant man that the other bachelors say he is. The date is the very essence of romance with the couple strolling the fabled city hand in hand, taking a gondola ride along the waterways, touring Venice’s historic sites, including St. Mark’s Square and the Bridge of Sighs. But does their undeniable chemistry mean their relationship is back on track? That night, Andi, dressed in a stunning full-length gown and wearing an elegant mask, meets Nick outside the Palace Ca Zenobio, a palace where royalty would hold grand masquerade balls. But the beautiful surroundings don’t stop Andi from addressing her date’s unattractive attitude and behavior on group dates and his cocky reputation in the house. Will Andi still surprise Nick with a private masquerade ball or will what he says change her mind?

The Bachelorette takes six excited bachelors to the quaint town of Monselice, where they soak up the local culture. When they arrive at a medieval castle where prisoners were interrogated, Andi reveals that all the men will be taking lie detector tests. One charming man is nervous that his big secret will be uncovered. But the real shock comes when Andi finds out that four of her bachelors are not telling the truth. What will she do about it? At the group date after party, one dashing bachelor shocks Andi with a surprise revelation while another man confronts her about his dislike for taking the lie detector test. And the Bachelorette’s secret admirer is finally exposed. But one disgruntled suitor verbally attacks the man who receives the group date rose.

Finally, Cody gets his one-on-one date with Andi, and he plans to go all out. The couple arrives in Verona, the home of “Romeo and Juliet.” There, they head to the Juliet Club, a group of volunteers, who answer thousands of letters addressed to “Juliet.” The two read and respond to love letters from the lovelorn. Andi is touched by Cody’s sweet side. That night at a candle-lit dinner she is overwhelmed by his passionate appeal to give him a rose to continue their journey.

With hometown dates just two weeks away, tensions are running high and all the men feel the pressure to get some alone time with Andi. Who will survive the rose ceremony at the lovely Villa Mosconi Bertani? Which men have found themselves unlucky in love? Six men are on track to accompany Andi to Brussels and continue on the romantic journey. 

The eight remaining men are: 

Brian, 27, a basketball coach from Camp Hill, PA
Chris, 32, a farmer from Arlington, IA
Cody, 28, a personal trainer from Chicago, IL
Dylan, 26, an accountant from Boston, MA
J J, 31, a pantsapreneur from San Francisco, CA
Josh M., 29, a former professional baseball player from Atlanta, GA
Marcus, 25, a sports medicine manager from Dallas, TX
Nick V., 33, a software sales executive from Chicago, IL

Hosted by Chris Harrison, “The Bachelorette” is a production of Next Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Television. Mike Fleiss, Martin Hilton and Alycia Rossiter are the executive producers. “The Bachelorette” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 stereo surround sound. This program carries a TV-14,L parental guideline."

http://tvgrapevine.com/118-abc/the-bachelorette/6952-the-bachelorette-liar-liar-pants-on-fire

Note: there is not an extended preview up yet - don't know if they will add it later or not.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:10 pm

Here is the link to a sneak preview that was on GMA today:

https://gma.yahoo.com/bachelorette-sneak-peek-men-t-hide-during-lie-122445202--abc-news-tv.html
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:04 pm

Here is the link to an interview with Chris Soules with OK maagazine:

http://okmagazine.com/meet-the-stars/the-bachelorettes-chris-soules-reveals-which-contestant-should-be-the-next-bachelor/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top