Season 18 Week Six

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 18 Week Six Empty Season 18 Week Six

Post by SLA44 Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Here are the dances the couples will be performing tomorrow night 4/21/14 per WetPaint:

Danica McKellar and Valentin Chmerkovskiy — Cha-Cha-Cha
NeNe Leakes and Tony Dovolani — Salsa
Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke — Tango
Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas  — Cha-Cha-Cha
Charlie White and Sharna Burgess — Cha-Cha-Cha
Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy — Tango
Amy Purdy and Derek Hough — Jive
James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd — Quickstep

http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with-the-stars/articles/2014-04-16-whos-dancing-what-season-18
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 18 Week Six Empty Re: Season 18 Week Six

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:53 am

You beat me to it!  Smile  Thanks for posting this.  Really looking forward to seeing Danica and Charlie do cha chas and Meryl do a tango with Maks.  I hope Candace does well with the cha cha because I like her and would like to see her last a bit longer.  Not expecting much from Nene and a Salsa.  Have no idea what Derek with do with Amy in a jive, but it won't surprise me to see one similar to what he did with Maria M.  James should do well with the quickstep.  Not sure about Drew and the tango, but even if he does well, I suspect it will pale in comparison to Meryl.  Should be a good show!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:55 am

After watching "Bones," I began channel-surfing at nine.  Caught Maks and Meryl's tango.  Lord, what fast music!  His PI said a lot about his mindset this season.  And he mentioned Julianne's comment about "phoning it in." 

It left me with the impression that he's been frustrated in the past with thoughts he could take the ball.  He doesn't want to hope again.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:03 am

Seemed to me Maks is mellowing some.  He did show a side of himself in the PI and rehearsal footage that I don't remember seeing before.

I also thought the Macy's dance was awful; I expected more from Derek's choreography and taste.  JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:14 pm

The show started off on a sour note for me when they announced Nene was safe.  Ugh.  Just don't like her; don't enjoy watching her dance; really wanted her gone last night.  Sad  After that, it got better.  Smile

I thought Danica did a really nice job with her dance and could not believe they scored Nene higher than her.  Seriously?    Thought Candace did a nice job as well and was pleased that she wasn't sent home last night.  I'd like her to outlast Nene for sure.  I did not like James' Quickstep at all.  I'm not sure what it was exactly, but it just seemed off.  Maybe it was a combination of what others have noted - heavy footwork, too bent knees, etc.  He just seemed clunky and awkward.  I like him (although I'm not crazy about Peta), but I thought that was overscored.  Drew was not very good, but I still wish he'd stayed and Nene had gone.  I adore Charlie, but Sharna needs to dial it back just a bit as the dances are often so "frantic" that his footwork gets sloppy.  I think he could be superb if the dance wasn't quite so busy. 

Meryl and Maks were absolutely the highlight of the night.  That was just spectacular.  I also thought the package was interesting.  You don't generally see Maks vulnerable, and I think he's genuinely concerned about Meryl and not himself.  I know he wants to win (and should have with Mel B), but I think he actually wants Meryl to win more than he wants himself to win.  I think he's feeling the pressure of having the perceived frontrunner and wanting to do well by her, and Julianne's comment clearly got to him, which is too bad because she was just being bitchy.  I loved how Meryl worked with him, and anything that got that adorable after-interview with Erin and Tony was worth it.  I just adored how quick she was to pick up on his comment about no one asking to hold his hand, and Erin jumped in to say that was her and Tony's fault, and Tony just sidled over to hold Maks' hand.  Absolutely adorable.  Loved it.  Smile 

I also thought this was Amy's best dance.  There seemed to be more content in this one, and she used more of the floor.  It was a lot of fun. But seriously, Carrie Ann - the best kicks and flicks of any celebrity in 18 seasons?  She just can't help herself, can she?  I also thought her comment about mistaking Meryl for Sharna was dumb.  I feel that's kind of insulting to the pros who have spent lifetimes perfecting their art.  It wouldn't lessen the impact to the celebs at all if they qualified it by saying they looked "almost" professional or something.  It's still a compliment to them while not seeming to detract from the hard work of the pros.  It's a small thing overall, I guess, but I just wish they wouldn't say stuff like that.

Redfoo was useless.  The refrain in our house every time he opened his mouth was "stop talking."  He was energetic and upbeat, but Lordy, that was tiresome.  And for me they're still batting zero on the Macy's Stars of Dance.  I used to love those segments in the past, but I was not terribly impressed with last week's dance, and what I could actually see of this week's dance didn't look all that great either.  I get the feeling Derek is trying too hard to be edgy and innovative, and it's getting in the way.  Too many gimmicks with lighting and accessories - just show us some great dancing, please!!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Applause   Great summary, Lady Mustang!!

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Thank you, newto.  I love your profile pic - gorgeous flowers.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:06 pm

I agree LadyMustang on a great summary.  At least last Carrie Ann said some positive things about Meryl and Maks last night and they finally got their well deserved straight 10 score!  I do think you are right that Maks thinks of Meryl before himself and I think that Maks is a much nicer and caring person than has been shown on this show.

Here is the video of Meryl & Maks' Tango:

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks for the tango.  That is such a gorgeous dance!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:15 pm

Oh I forgot to say that I saw Drew on GMA Tuesday morning and they asked him who was going to win this season and he said Amy without a doubt.  She had a good dance (finally) Monday night but she is no where near as good as Meryl.  So to that prediction I say "BOO HISS!!!!!"  Yuck 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:39 pm

I will be disappointed if it's Amy as well.  I like her, and I think she's doing incredibly well all things considered.  But right now I'd say Meryl, Charlie and Danica are my front-runners.  I like Candace and hope she stays around until close to the end, but she'd have to improve a lot to be able to win, I think.  James is hit or miss with me, so I don't really see him as a finalist either.  I'd be fine if Amy were to make it to 4th place.  She's certainly better than Maria Menounos!!  But I just don't see her going any further than that.  But she could well win if she gets a huge outpouring of "oh my god she's amazing" votes.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:51 pm

Poor Danica and Val:

http://www.rickey.org/danica-mckellar-breaks-rib-dancing-stars-rehearsal/259511/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Ouch!!  I hope she does not have to drop out of the competition.  Would be a shame if she cannot continue.  Hate to see Val eliminated for this reason; he seems to be enjoying this season.

Nothing much can be done for broken ribs except to be taped up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:56 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:Thank you, newto.  I love your profile pic - gorgeous flowers.  Smile

Thanks, LadyMustang65.  I scour websites for pretty pictures of flowers.   Spring is here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top