Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX - Page 3 Empty Re: Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Post by Dazz Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:25 am

UGHHH!!!!  Me too, I sat there like WTF Ken?  Everyone is fair game in Survivor, so when he questioned "Why would they get rid of me", just irked me.  He was one of my picks to go far, but after that, I'm not so confident in his social abilities.  Gee whiz.  Adam saved their butts last night. 

I have to say though, this has been a great season of Survivor.  One of my favorites by far. I love the dynamics of each personality and the wittiness many of them have.  I love the strategic game play this year.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX - Page 3 Empty Re: Survivor Season 33 - Millennium vs GenX

Post by beardiedawg Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:55 am

Adam didn't really save their butts.  I didn't think he had done it but Will had voted for Zeke.  Since there was no reveal that he had switched sides, Will can now play both sides and make them think he voted their way. 

Still rooting for David to win.  I wonder why no one has been looking for the hidden immunity idol after he used it last week.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:32 pm

Probably David will find it since he seems to have an uncanny instinct for zeroing in on hidden IIs. And maybe he better find one right quick as it seems from the preview they're gunning for him.

For the first time in years I don't have a clear favourite. Take Bret and Sunday out and I would be content with any of the rest winning. They all have something appealing about them.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:36 pm

beardiedawg wrote:Adam didn't really save their butts.  I didn't think he had done it but Will had voted for Zeke.  Since there was no reveal that he had switched sides, Will can now play both sides and make them think he voted their way. 

Still rooting for David to win.  I wonder why no one has been looking for the hidden immunity idol after he used it last week.

Ohhh, I didn't realize Will actually voted for Zeke.  I didn't see the ending where they show how each player voted.  Well, that probably pissed off Will as he desperately wants to "make a big move"...  Haha.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:27 pm

Another crazy tribal. So glad Zeke went home. He was getting a little too cocky for my liking.

I like Ken but that was definitely a stupid move on his part. Not sure what he was thinking because he has seemed so level headed up until now. Maybe he was thinking that if he exposed what he found out that they would switch their vote....and they actually did. Will must have really wanted Zeke out to still vote him after what happened. I think the comment Sunday made at tribal when it was being discussed made Will change his mind again because it once again made him feel like the underdog in that group. Sunday and Bret need to go but Zeke definitely had to go first.

I have to admit that that was a nice moment when Adam was picked for reward after he said he wouldn't use his advantage. And then gave his advantage away as a thank you.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:15 pm

Finale next week, seems so quick. For the first time in years I will be content with whomever wins. Even Bret who had that one stinker of an edit has redeemed himself to me. He's actually quite funny and quick on the uptake. I felt for Adam and Jay and their deep worries and concern with their mothers' health. Sad. I like Hannah just because she's kind of quirky.

This has been a very good season. I had my misgivings in the beginning but it has been well played and always entertaining. And that is what keeps me hooked on this granddaddy of all reality shows.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:39 pm

Lesallee, I totally agree with you.  This has been a highly entertaining season for me and like you, I am content with any of these people winning.  
I wouldn't have been content with Sunday winning, so I'm happy she has left.  David keeps squeaking by and I am surprised that everyone is letting him!  He has Ken and Hannah in his pocket, smart game play using his idol to show trust and they now feel like they owe him.  Which means they probably won't vote against him.   
I'm happy that all idols are flushed out and now we have one Legacy advantage still in the game.  I wonder if Jay can still use that reward advantage that Adam gave him...  That could wreck some havoc.
Looking forward to the finale, although I can't believe the season is over that fast!

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:27 pm

I'm still not on the Bret wagon but at least he is playing, unlike the skating by Sunday.  I really thought David was going to be a goner.  As much as I want for him to win, they are crazy for keeping him around.

I think my next favorite has become Jay.   Even before his bonding moment with Adam and his comment afterwards, I like how he said they had a love/hate relationship.  He's able to put things in the context of the game. 

Sadly Ken has stayed down a notch since his bonehead move last week.  Kind of all beauty and no brains although I guess you can't fault him for it if his strategy was complete honesty.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:34 pm

Glad they finally got rid of Sunday. That was the first time I saw Jess smile since she was eliminated. Now they need to get rid of Bret. I don't like him at all. Bad attitude.

The rest I'm ok with winning. I still think Hannah is weird though and I wouldn't see many voting for her to win.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ATN Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:12 pm

I started the season liking David and now ending it feeling the same way.  I would really love it if he won!  I can't wait to watch tomorrow night but at the same time, I'm going to be sad when it's over.  I have really, really enjoyed watching this season.
ATN
ATN

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 pm

It has really been a superior season, hasn't it? When it started I was a little leery of the concept. Thought it could be kind of draggy but man, it has cooked right along. I would prefer if Bret didn't win but any of the others are just fine with me. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ATN Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:07 am

Great finale...really happy Adam won...he was smart to save his story about his mom until final tribal.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the house.  What a great season!  March seems too far away now.

What do you guys think about next season having returning players?  I am happy to see Caleb is playing again!
ATN
ATN

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:10 am

Well - that was a nice finale. Out of the 4 remaining, Adam was probably the one I'd rather least have won.  However, he did play a pretty decent game.  I was surprised that Ken didn't remain loyal as he said all season - not one vote for him either.  I wonder if he would have had a better chance against David?  Either way, Ken is screwed!  We knew Hannah wouldn't win, but she was probably better at game play than Ken.  Great season, I'm sad it's over.  Seems like this season was over in a blink of an eye.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:34 am

I'm not sure that I'm happy Adam won.  I figured Ken would get David's vote.  I understand why he voted David off and I think David understood also.  Didn't think he'd get any other votes though.  During the final tribal, I thought Hannah handed them both their butts.  I thought she answered better than either of the others and thought she would get the votes from that and win.  Although I didn't dislike Adam, I think he got the final win by sympathy votes.   I'm curious how it would have turned out if he didn't reveal his story.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:35 am

For the first time ever I looked at the F4 and would have been happy with any of them winning. I liked each one of them and so I am glad Adam won. I don't think he won based solely on sympathy, although that certainly played a part. He evolved as a player as the game went on (they all did); there were times in the earlier weeks I figured he was the goodbye boy for sure. 

This season unfolded without a nasty villain and that was a treat. Everyone played hard but still managed to be decent people at the same time. I loved this season. The best in years. A season like this is how Survivor keeps me hooked. 

Congrats to Adam. Can't wait for next season!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by beardiedawg Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:42 am

One thing I couldn't understand was how everyone was saying how nice and great Bret was.  Guess we really got a bit of editing showing his nastier side.
beardiedawg
beardiedawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:58 am

Yes we saw that one episode with a less than pleasant Bret but ever since he's been just fine. The others all seemed to like him well enough. So I think we did see a bit of creative editing. Maybe because there was no villain this season TPTB were trying to create one. It didn't work, for whatever reason and they dropped that idea.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:57 pm

I would have rather had Ken win, but at least Adam won over Hannah. She kept tooting her own horn and saying she thought she played a better game then Adam or Ken...ummm...in what what did this happen? She was the queen of flipping and that was her only game play. That's why everyone kept bringing that point up.

I don't really like it when anyone brings up a sob story at the end, no matter how sad it is. It is always used as a way to get sympathy votes. Just stick with how you think you played to garner votes. 

I think Chris would have been bitter against any Gen X'er that beat him to the final three. I don't like it when people stand up at the final tribal counsel and try to sway everyone on the jury to vote their way based on their own personal feelings. I am really shocked that no one voted for Ken. I think he played a good game.

I'm not crazy about them doing another season of people that have been on before. Just give us new people....with the exception of Caleb. I am glad to see him back especially after how he got taken out of the game.

I almost forgot to mention that I felt kind of bad for Jay being he was so convinced that what he found was truly an immunity idol. I cringed every time he brought it up during his PI's for this episode. David marked it with a big old pink spot and I don't think that's how they ever mark them. They always seem to be marked where they are hardly noticed. That's another thing...it just seemed a little to convenient that at the last possible moment Adam just happened to find a hidden immunity idol that could have very easily been over-looked. I'm just wondering if there was a little bit of manipulation on the part of the producers to have the guy with the big sympathy story to find it. Just seems odd that absolutely no one found it until the last minute.    
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by lolada Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:20 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I would have rather had Ken win, but at least Adam won over Hannah. She kept tooting her own horn and saying she thought she played a better game then Adam or Ken...ummm...in what what did this happen? She was the queen of flipping and that was her only game play. That's why everyone kept bringing that point up.

I don't really like it when anyone brings up a sob story at the end, no matter how sad it is. It is always used as a way to get sympathy votes. Just stick with how you think you played to garner votes. 

I think Chris would have been bitter against any Gen X'er that beat him to the final three. I don't like it when people stand up at the final tribal counsel and try to sway everyone on the jury to vote their way based on their own personal feelings. I am really shocked that no one voted for Ken. I think he played a good game.

I'm not crazy about them doing another season of people that have been on before. Just give us new people....with the exception of Caleb. I am glad to see him back especially after how he got taken out of the game.

I almost forgot to mention that I felt kind of bad for Jay being he was so convinced that what he found was truly an immunity idol. I cringed every time he brought it up during his PI's for this episode. David marked it with a big old pink spot and I don't think that's how they ever mark them. They always seem to be marked where they are hardly noticed. That's another thing...it just seemed a little to convenient that at the last possible moment Adam just happened to find a hidden immunity idol that could have very easily been over-looked. I'm just wondering if there was a little bit of manipulation on the part of the producers to have the guy with the big sympathy story to find it. Just seems odd that absolutely no one found it until the last minute.    

Yeah, I thought Ken would have some votes aswell. He played a good game IMO. I thought Dave would vote for Ken...I think he understood his move.

As sad as Adam's story is, everyone have problems in life. Even though I'm sure he loved his mother(his and his family reactions seemed very real), he knew he would get some sympathy votes.

About Jay finding the fake idol, that was so cringy to watch. Also, why didnt he think it could be a fake idol? I didn't see any paper attached to it saying "this is a immunity idol, blá blá". Hmm, or maybe Dave had his previous idol paper stored somewhere in case he would make a fake idol?
I don't know, the whole situation seemed weird.

I believe Survivor is one of the most real "reality show". I hope so!

As many as you said before, this was a great season!

I'm looking forward to next season. I'm glad Tony is back. I will try to not hit any spoilers ROFL
lolada
lolada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top