The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 18 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:57 pm

Lesallee wrote:Hey, Sis and Bro, I read somewhere in my meandering this a.m. that Sharna will dance next week. So maybe we get our AT we've been wanting!
Psychee mentioned it seems to be on the list for next week. I hope and pray Sharna can make it happen.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:09 pm

Goodness James, did you even realize the way she looked at you? I would have completely melted in your place...
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 18 14515710
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:34 pm

Hooray, another Facebook chat!  Was a bit worried because James was driving and talking but it turned out okay.  Sounds like their trio dance is going to be fun!   Very Happy  So happy that Sharna feels great again.  

Also check out George Pennacchio's Twitter for his interview today with them.  Sharna--blindfolded?   Shocked

https://twitter.com/abc7george?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Woo hoo
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Never worry about James' driving skill! 

Had to laugh about the "go-carting", see I said it right even if Sharna didn't.  But she beat him, haha James. James began his racing career on go-carts as a youngster.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Man, I miss building go-carts as a child.  Oh, to live that life again knowing what I know now...
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:42 pm

I feel for James, if Sharna should have another injury to her knee, that could put her out the rest of the season or longer......think of the pressure on James dancing with someone he might feel he needs to be really protective of and it shows in the dance Confused  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Lesallee wrote:Never worry about James' driving skill! 

Had to laugh about the "go-carting", see I said it right even if Sharna didn't.  But she beat him, haha James. James began his racing career on go-carts as a youngster.
James should really feel honoured he got to prove his driving skills in Sharna's beloved Black Beauty. And I'm not surprised she was good at cart-racing. She is good at anything, and driving a BMW is a good preparation.
Did you all hear her mention her wish for an Emmy nomination? I've said it before- it would be so deserved!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:00 pm

You mean that is Sharna's own car that James is driving?  How cool!  A BMW?  Do you know what model?  After James' earlier jokes about preferring to use Uber during his stay in Los Angeles i didn't think we would actually see him driving a car.  

I'm really looking forward to next week's Argentine Tango with James.  Apparently Sharna plans to be blindfolded for most of the dance.  Catching up with some of her past AT work, I'm impressed at her creativity in creating different versions of the AT and Tango with her previous partners.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Awwwwww. . .James on DWTS Instagram video delivers some very sweet words to Sharna about how much it has meant to him to work with such a "rock star" and is looking forward to the semi-finals.   Love
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:24 am

suebob16 wrote:You mean that is Sharna's own car that James is driving?  How cool!  A BMW?  Do you know what model? 
It's a Series 3 Coupé. Here's the first pic she proudly posted when she got it last year.
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 18 11333310
In this one though, I've always had trouble looking at the car. WOW!
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 18 12960110
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:52 am

So often when I watch and listen to James I think, "Oh man, James, you  are just such a Canadian boy". When I saw this I had to share it with the Team StopAndGo support group.

Allison Young is a freelance writer from Peterborough, Ont., now living in Arizona
Twenty years ago, I was about to graduate at Queen’s University and was applying for the JET Programme to teach English in Japan alongside thousands of other travel-hungry bachelor-degree holders
The program was competitive, but when I made it through to the interview round I figured I was a shoo-in – until one question came up.

“What is the difference between Canada and the U.S.?”
Until then, most of my time in the U.S. was spent border-shopping in Buffalo or visiting the outlets in Freeport, Maine. I was there for penny loafers, not politics. And the requisite summer vacation to Disneyland was Donald Duck, not diplomacy. I was too excited to be staying in hotels with pools and actual shuffleboard courts to be weighing cultural distinctions. Heck, I don’t think I even saw the U.S. as all that different until a diner waitress in Florida greeted us with a “Y’all from Canada?” Did we even have an accent?
But in that interview room, I had to give an answer. I managed to stutter out some superficial nonsense that included hockey and maple syrup, a non-answer akin to a beauty queen’s response. I figured I blew it.
Thankfully, my botched answer didn’t ruin my chances. I ended up getting accepted to the JET Programme and taught two years in Osaka, but I’ve never forgotten the question: It followed me to Japan where I lived, Melrose Place-style, with Brits, Aussies and Americans; it followed me back to Toronto where I worked for a magazine mostly distributed in the U.S.; and it followed me to Phoenix where I’ve lived and worked for the past 12 years, through marriage, divorce and two kids – rough-and-tumble American boys who recite the Pledge of Allegiance each morning.
So I’m politely asking for a second chance to answer, this time with experience, knowledge and insight to back me up, not to mention almost 20 years of pondering. Here goes … The difference between Canada and the United States is:
1. Quiet patriotism. There’s less flag waving and more Canadian beer drinking.
2. The definition of masculinity is much broader. Hockey and the arts are not mutually exclusive. Canadian dudes can have their mullets and open-minded attitudes too.
3. No-fault auto insurance and no-fault personal collisions. If two Canadians bump into each other in a store, both will say sorry, and mean it.
4. We’re dang funny. I don’t like to brag because it’s not very Canadian (see #1), but thanks to Mike Myers, Russell Peters, Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy, I don’t have to. My theory: Canadian humour is a perfect balance of dry British wit and American fart jokes. If Benny Hill and Bart Simpson had a baby, out would pop Jim Carrey.
5. The cold is the great equalizer. Sure, universal health care evens the playing field, but nothing screams “we’re in this together” like slush, snow and a wind-chill factor so cold that snot freezes. Holy h-e-double hockey sticks!
6. We’re righteously confrontational. Yes, politeness is part of our nature, but I have witnessed a Toronto streetcar uprising all over someone not giving up their seat to a pregnant woman. The Canadian claws do come out.
7. Diversity, yes please! When asked what makes Canadians proudest of their country, we ranked multiculturalism above hockey.
8. Teachers are respected and rewarded with fair pay. My teachers in Canada coached and directed plays in their spare time, not because they were compensated (they weren’t), but because they cared. I know teachers in the U.S. who have to take on second jobs to make ends meet.
9. We’re music snobs. That’s why Americans just don’t get The Tragically Hip.
10. Hearing “Canadians are so nice” never gets old to Canadians.
11. We’re like the younger sibling. Overshadowed and sick of American hand-me-downs, I think Canada skated to the left on certain issues – gun control, gay marriage and marijuana come to mind.
And it looks like America is now following Canada’s lead. In response to our well-liked, good-looking, affable Prime Minister full of promise and yoga poses, America elected the opposite. But then again, we did have Rob Ford.
Allison Young is a freelance writer from Peterborough, Ont.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:14 pm

Be proud of your country, sis. James is really representing it well. I believe it is partly the common British heritage that helps James and Sharna get along so well. It may also be one more reason why a European like me so easily clicked with Sharna (apart from her obvious assets), and with this partnership.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:09 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Lesallee wrote:Never worry about James' driving skill! 

James should really feel honoured he got to prove his driving skills in Sharna's beloved Black Beauty. And I'm not surprised she was good at cart-racing. She is good at anything, and driving a BMW is a good preparation.
Did you all hear her mention her wish for an Emmy nomination? I've said it before- it would be so deserved!
DMD, thanks for the pic!  Very nice car--I can see why Sharna went for it.  And I too would love to see her get an Emmy nomination.  I think the last nomination that wasn't a Derek nomination was Witney for her season with Alfonso, so fingers crossed that Sharna will get a chance too.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Regardless of what happens the next two weeks (and with Sharna back in full swing I'd say James' chance of winning is higher than 50%), I hope that James & Sharna end up together. Yes, I'm a hard shipper. I haven't really noticed as strong a mutual attraction in this show as I get from them. Sharna never plays the showmance card so I doubt that its fake. Jamed started the show posting a few messages about his girlfriend but he has conspicuously stopped (and his girlfriend has stopped posting about him as well). In the memorable year tango you could sense some James reticence of accepting his real feelings for Sharna. And Sharna seems to be falling for him as well. She has a history falling for the big bad boys but I think that James has won her over. Hopefully they give love a chance. End of ship report.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:46 pm

I started to get a bit of a vibe from these two a couple of weeks ago. Who knows really, but what a great pair. 

Sometimes my intuition is right on. Last season I was watching Peta and it crossed my mind that she was pregnant. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:55 pm

Bailadora, you surprise me. You're probably the last person that would come to mind if shipping is concerned.
Whatever they have or have not going on besides the dancing, they should keep it to themselves until the season is over- goal #1 is the mbt. Sharna probably knows it would hurt her chances of winning if she could be accused of spoiling a relationship. Dropping his girlfriend so easily would make James look bad too. This was my mind speaking. This is what my heart says:

Sharna deserves all the love and happiness in the world. And if James is the one, so be it.

Just the world should wait two more weeks to find out; the mind replies. And it's still possible we're just watching an amazing yet platonic friendship.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Hmmm.....how nice it was without anyone trying make showmances this season.  James has a girlfriend, Sharna has admiration for James, that's it...imo.   CA said 'great partnership with Jenna, JH and Bruno were wowed by their chemistry and hotness on the dancefloor.....
   OMG James 'accepted his real feelings for Sharna?'.....I bet you,re one that shipped Maksyl  and is still throwing shade at Peta.
    BTW James girlfriend Becky Dalton is there almost every week. So someone put up a picture of Sharna looking at James in an interview....big whoop, you should see the way she looks at brother DMD..... Very Happy Wink

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:21 pm

My mind tells me to be sensible about it because these two have demanding occupations that requires hard work and frequent traveling, so a romantic relationship might be hard to maintain.  I'm hoping that they will at least maintain a deep platonic friendship.

But I am going to miss seeing them together when the season is over.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they may have done more FB chats than any other DWTS team.  We got to see their growing friendship and camaraderie during those chats.  It would be great if James could occasionally take over for Erin if she has go away on assignment.  He has already proven how comfortable he is talking to cast and crew when he does his weekly Sports Illustrated videos.  He could be a fun co-host.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:35 pm

Lesallee wrote:So often when I watch and listen to James I think, "Oh man, James, you  are just such a Canadian boy". When I saw this I had to share it with the Team StopAndGo support group.

Allison Young is a freelance writer from Peterborough, Ont., now living in Arizona
Twenty years ago, I was about to graduate at Queen’s University and was applying for the JET Programme to teach English in Japan alongside thousands of other travel-hungry bachelor-degree holders
The program was competitive, but when I made it through to the interview round I figured I was a shoo-in – until one question came up.

“What is the difference between Canada and the U.S.?”
Until then, most of my time in the U.S. was spent border-shopping in Buffalo or visiting the outlets in Freeport, Maine. I was there for penny loafers, not politics. And the requisite summer vacation to Disneyland was Donald Duck, not diplomacy. I was too excited to be staying in hotels with pools and actual shuffleboard courts to be weighing cultural distinctions. Heck, I don’t think I even saw the U.S. as all that different until a diner waitress in Florida greeted us with a “Y’all from Canada?” Did we even have an accent?
But in that interview room, I had to give an answer. I managed to stutter out some superficial nonsense that included hockey and maple syrup, a non-answer akin to a beauty queen’s response. I figured I blew it.
Thankfully, my botched answer didn’t ruin my chances. I ended up getting accepted to the JET Programme and taught two years in Osaka, but I’ve never forgotten the question: It followed me to Japan where I lived, Melrose Place-style, with Brits, Aussies and Americans; it followed me back to Toronto where I worked for a magazine mostly distributed in the U.S.; and it followed me to Phoenix where I’ve lived and worked for the past 12 years, through marriage, divorce and two kids – rough-and-tumble American boys who recite the Pledge of Allegiance each morning.
So I’m politely asking for a second chance to answer, this time with experience, knowledge and insight to back me up, not to mention almost 20 years of pondering. Here goes … The difference between Canada and the United States is:
1. Quiet patriotism. There’s less flag waving and more Canadian beer drinking.
2. The definition of masculinity is much broader. Hockey and the arts are not mutually exclusive. Canadian dudes can have their mullets and open-minded attitudes too.
3. No-fault auto insurance and no-fault personal collisions. If two Canadians bump into each other in a store, both will say sorry, and mean it.
4. We’re dang funny. I don’t like to brag because it’s not very Canadian (see #1), but thanks to Mike Myers, Russell Peters, Catherine O’Hara and Eugene Levy, I don’t have to. My theory: Canadian humour is a perfect balance of dry British wit and American fart jokes. If Benny Hill and Bart Simpson had a baby, out would pop Jim Carrey.
5. The cold is the great equalizer. Sure, universal health care evens the playing field, but nothing screams “we’re in this together” like slush, snow and a wind-chill factor so cold that snot freezes. Holy h-e-double hockey sticks!
6. We’re righteously confrontational. Yes, politeness is part of our nature, but I have witnessed a Toronto streetcar uprising all over someone not giving up their seat to a pregnant woman. The Canadian claws do come out.
7. Diversity, yes please! When asked what makes Canadians proudest of their country, we ranked multiculturalism above hockey.
8. Teachers are respected and rewarded with fair pay. My teachers in Canada coached and directed plays in their spare time, not because they were compensated (they weren’t), but because they cared. I know teachers in the U.S. who have to take on second jobs to make ends meet.
9. We’re music snobs. That’s why Americans just don’t get The Tragically Hip.
10. Hearing “Canadians are so nice” never gets old to Canadians.
11. We’re like the younger sibling. Overshadowed and sick of American hand-me-downs, I think Canada skated to the left on certain issues – gun control, gay marriage and marijuana come to mind.
And it looks like America is now following Canada’s lead. In response to our well-liked, good-looking, affable Prime Minister full of promise and yoga poses, America elected the opposite. But then again, we did have Rob Ford.
Allison Young is a freelance writer from Peterborough, Ont.

Speaking of hand me downs.....we would like to give you back one of your hand me downs.......The Biebs.... Giggle

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:36 pm

kincaid53 wrote:...So someone put up a picture of Sharna looking at James in an interview....big whoop, you should see the way she looks at brother DMD..... Very Happy Wink
Now check who put up that picture; saying he wanted to be in James' place. Oops- I plead guilty.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:04 pm

LOL          Laughing     ROFL

Oooooopsie Ashamed Should have 'fact checked' myself Duh

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:10 pm

Sorry Sis, Biebs was a final sale, no exchanges or refunds. We're nice but not that nice!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:11 pm

kincaid53 wrote:LOL          Laughing     ROFL

Oooooopsie Ashamed Should have 'fact checked' myself Duh
It's all good. Just stop shipping Sharna and me, please. My wife is giving me that look already. That other look; nothing like Sharna. Darn

Last edited by DeadManDancing on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Allrighty then......no shipping of DMD and Sharna   and Canada no takey backey of   The Biebs....... Thumbs up!    Got It!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:25 pm

I have not fallen for any of the DWTS showmances in all the years I've watched, particularly of the C bros, but my intuition (which has served me well through the years) tells me that there's something deep between James & Sharna. If they decide to act on those feelings is up to them, and I would definitely cheer them on if they would.

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum