The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 15 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by suebob16 Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:08 pm

Oh wow, they look awesome!  I wonder how James will look without the makeup later?

On the DWTS Instagram there is a short video teaser.  At first I thought it was James, but it's actually Tom n a rubber clown mask carrying Jenna as Harley to the studio. Jenna was not in costume yet.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:24 am

Perfect score! Applause Julianne finally gave James the "10" he and Sharna should have
received weeks ago.  Let's hope she keeps the "10" handy for Sharna's return
next week. Thumbs up!
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:33 am

DeadManDancing wrote:What a bummer. Speedy recovery Sharna, and good luck Jenna! Let's see it like James is getting his personal switchup.
You're right.  Jenna was very good, and James showed that he was able to work with another partner and still do great work thanks to Sharna's choreography.  I enjoyed her take on the twisted relationship between the Joker and Harley Quinn.  Julianne finally gives them the 10, but I wished that Sharna had been the one to receive it directly with James. 

It was probably a good thing that they got the immunity because James didn't have to rush to change his clothes and remove his makeup.  I wonder what the reaction would have been if he had to reveal himself without the beard?  We'll see if he decides to show us this week. 

Showstoppers next week.  I wonder what type of show tune and dance they will get.  Sharna is going to try her best to be there, but if the dance is too tricky, she might have to bow out again. 

Airplane
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:34 am

For everyone who was apprehensive about Jenna you can all breathe easier now. I've watched this girl dance for years, way back to her SYTYCD days and I knew she could do it. 

James is dancing so close to pro level now that I am in awe. How about Carrie Ann's comparing him to Mark Ballas? If that isn't high praise, I don't know what is. 

I am a happy camper tonight (DWTS Dance Camp). 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:27 am

It's a holiday in Germany, so I was able to catch up on last night quicker than usual. I was so worried about James changing partners, and now I don't even know why! I totally get it when suebob claims it should have been Sharna's perfect score- but in many ways it was. Her preparation enabled him to seamlessly switch to another partner. The judges got that right. Jenna complemented him perfectly in Sharna's great creation that, for me, was the only true perfect dance of the night. I'm totally with Carrie Ann; seeing our girl sidelined broke my heart too. But on the other hand, how often have we criticised others like Mark and Derek for pushing themselves too hard in spite of severe injuries? So we should understand health comes first, send her our love, and be confident James could hold his own another week or two if necessary. I may have said I want Sharna back, but that was selfish and the price would be too high right now. I also said though if anyone could take her place, it's Jenna. She really was a trooper last night. And she had the honour of dancing with James Ballas.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:13 pm

There are some stunning pics of James and Jenna on James' Facebook page so be sure to check them out. 

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 15 Mqdefault

It's just amazing how James and Jenna were able to get into their characters.  The people at Pure made Jenna seem like such a potential disaster saying that she was such a camera hog, etc.  I had not paid much attention to Jenna in the past so I wasn't sure what to think.  But I think Jenna did have the right qualities for Harley.  Harley has her own crazed personality, but she is also different from the more demonic Joker, and Jenna was able to show that.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:39 pm

Let the girls express themselves. Here's what Sharna had to say:

Tonight was bittersweet. Of course I would of loved to have danced this piece with you @hinchtown however I got to have the gift of seeing you perform live, seeing how much you've grown and how amazing you really are. I'm so proud of you and I'm going to do everything I can to get back to you.

Jenna's comment after the dance:
What a week and what a night. Can't begin to describe how proud I am of you, James!!! And Sharna.. NONE of this would have happened without your beautiful vision and creativity. So grateful to have shared this week with the both of you. Vote for #teamstopandgo 1-800-868-3405
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:06 pm

As usual, they got all my votes!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:29 am

I am still not happy with Monday's scores. Looking at the figures alone, one could assume James, Calvin, and Laurie are on the same level- which basically isn't the truth. James' personality, and therefore his performances at the same time, have so many more layers than Laurie's, and his technique is so much better than Calvins that I think the scores should have reflected that. It's kind of annoying that especially Julianne ,who has been so picky on James for weeks, is suddenly handing out tens so generously. It is like devaluating the ten paddle that James and Sharna have worked for so hard. I'll even go further and add it really should make a difference if you dance for a ten, or cry for it. There, I said it. Sorry if I sound rude, but I can't help myself- it keeps bothering me. Sharna's injury is tough enough already. I don't wanna see the same old travesty happen again.

Try and beat these three on the daceflor if you can, folks.

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 15 14592010

DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

This is the usual for DWTS,just a little interference to keep the "drama" going.They always want a "tight" race where none exsist.This is after all an entertainment show and TPTB must try to hold peoples attention until the very end.

They cannot allow one team to just waltz away with the MBT  ..... Wink
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:10 am

Right on, Oakma. The entire last show was a manipulation designed to set up a dramatic ending. Looking honestly and dispassionately at the Big 3, James is way out front.

Laurie is cute, giggly and dances well but she's only 16   and her whole life experience is gymnastics, period. Not overly interesting.

Calvin is a sweetheart; he also dances well but far from perfectly.

Then we have James, personality to burn, an amazing life story, self deprecating and he is dancing almost on a pro level. 

There really should be no contest but that would be boring TV and so we get the manufactured "tight race". And I can understand it from a business viewpoint which is what DWTS really is, a business.

Some words of encouragement for all of us Team StopAndGo supporters. I belong to several DWTS Facebook groups where the support for James and Sharna/Jenna is huge. DWTS Facebook page itself skews heavily towards James/Sharna. People love Sharna and that helps!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:51 am

Just checked FB, the Joker and Harley Quinn video has a million views. Impressive.

ETA: Update, now at 1.2 million views.

Last edited by Lesallee on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:11 pm

You're right Oakma and Lesallee, the drama is being played up based on real emotions.  Will James and Sharna reunite to dance next week? (Drama!)  Rolling Eyes   Like us, viewers will be tuning in to see.  Like Carrie Ann said, it was painful and bittersweet to see Sharna by herself on the balcony, not being able to dance her creation with James.  Sharna would say later that it was also a gift that she was able to watch James dance for herself, and that she was so proud of him.

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 15 James-hinchcliffe-jenna-halloween-dance-sharna-tweets-update-02

Popcorn

On a side note, check out @emilysketch on Twitter.  She has done some charming drawings of some of the stars and dancers that have caught her attention over the past few weeks, including a confrontation between James and Ricardo.  Smile

https://twitter.com/emilysketch_/status/791423737602117634
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:13 pm

That Ricardo, he just wants to be in the spotlight! And James keeps telling him to take a hike!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:43 pm

From Maks' blog.

James and Sharna/Jenna: 
I think James is the best. Last night was an important night in terms separating our front-runners from the rest of the competition. It was a tough situation with Sharna’s injury, and we hate to see that happen with people we love. Sharna did a great job managing everything, and Jenna did a fantastic job stepping in, but James did the absolute best job out of everybody getting all of this done, the way it was supposed to be, not getting himself in trouble, not missing a step. He, to me, had the best dance of the night. James is really improving week after week, and keeps getting better and better. I felt last night’s dance was amazing, I loved everything about it and I loved his presentation of it. He was smooth, and comfortable. It reminded me of watching DWTS in other countries, when we don’t know who is the pro and who is the celebrity. That’s how it felt with James last night, where maybe you couldn’t tell who was who, he was that good. James just impressed the s— out of me.
So there is no god worship here from Maks Chmerkovskiy, just an acknowledgement and an appreciation  of sincere hard work and effort from a guy who has never danced, overcome a stressful week to produce the best dance of the night.    
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:54 pm

Maks is saying that James is the best?  With his brother partnering Laurie as a competitor? 

Yay, Maks!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:09 am

DWTS Facebook Joker-Harley Quinn video view update - 1.4 million.

ETA: 1.5 M this morning.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:28 pm

Psychee22 wrote:Maks is saying that James is the best?  With his brother partnering Laurie as a competitor? 

Yay, Maks!
Does that still surprise you? Maks has always been totally (not to say brutally) honest. You can also see it every time he's  judging on the show. Val may be family (and in a way, Sharna is too), but that doesn't count on Monday nights. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:09 pm

Handling his girls well, I'd say. Who wouldn't envy him?
The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 15 14733110
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:10 pm

Do you think James might get dressed up as Scarecrow or Tin Man?  Or maybe a non-iconic character from the show?  I like that James gets Jazz (could be good practice for a future freestyle) and another positive lively song.  It's a good song, but I wonder how they will portray it because it comes from The Wiz.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:17 pm

Funny that you bring that up. I've been thinking myself Sharna should be part of that number somehow. I mean, Derek did the same on broken toes.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:21 pm

Nobody can portray a character like James so who knows what clever ideas Sharna's creative mind has dreamed up. I am really looking forward to it.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:38 pm

Here is the latest on James, Sharna, and Jenna from Entertainment Tonight.  A cute moment when the reporter remarked that they were like Three's Company because the three of them were getting along so well.  James said that he gets beat up a lot by those two ladies, but at the same time he is the luckiest guy because he is working with two pros.    Laughing

But from the actual airing of the program there was an observation from the ET host following this story.  She spotted Sharna wearing both the knee brace and heels at the same time.  Does that mean she will be back on Monday?  Is it a clue?  (Drama!) Rolling Eyes

suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:03 am

Thanks sue. See we need you to find and share the good stuff!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:07 am

Lesallee wrote:Thanks sue. See we need you to find and share the good stuff!
I totally agree! Any support team would be proud to have sue on board.

And now, let's adapt our mantra: Sharna will be back to win with James!
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum