DWTS Eighth Week

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Eighth Week  Empty DWTS Eighth Week

Post by grace8136 Tue May 07, 2013 7:06 am

I copied and pasted this from the other thread....

Re: Eighth Week Dances
by victorian3 Today at 11:26 pm

Some quick thoughts halfway through the show. If you don't want to know anything, skip this post til later.
When I write the judges scores, it is as they are seated, carrie, then Len, then Bruno.

Zendaya was great. Viennese Waltz. Playful, light on feet, fluid, smooth,intricate steps. me 10 Them 9 10 9
UH OH. It's now ove ran hour later. i couldn't pause the tv any longer so had to go finish the show. and I'm tired...big day tomorrow:)
Sean poor Sean, he should be the one to go tomorrow. he didn't do very well but made a valinat effort as always. it's kinda cute in a way..like a large puppy trying to please but knocking things over. That's how I see hi, sometimes:) Tango saw stress written all over his face. He almost danced into the floodlight on the dance floor. Awkward foot placement. When dancing forward in promenade postition, the face, body and FEET msust face forward in the direction one is dancing. His large foot kept going sideways at a perpendicular angle to Peta's. me7 them 777

Jacoby Viennese Waltz I wrote: "butt out' and "shirt taken off". he did a good job...had the gliding movements down pat. Me 9 them 999
NOTE Watch for the skybox interview when he is alone on the ocuch and brooke is talking to , I think it was Allie and Mark but maybe Kellie and derek. he is sitting there making weird faces, looking to his side, talking to I don't know who and it looks STRANGE to see him in dressed in a yellow bullfighter's regalia right behind the couple being interviewed. (Sorry I am tired so this may sound a bit disjointed)

Ingo Fox Trot He says during practice that he is exhausted, feel s sick from being sore and tired and then he comes out and gies a great performance. I wrote "a delight to watch". He had good posture and good foot placement,, an easy glide,a casual feel, looked like a natural. Me 8-9 not sure Them 888

Kellie Fox Trot Watch for Derek's hand on her breast (accidental) I only saw it because I replay things in slow motion and then get up and practice it. She had her back to him during a turn and his hand was in the wrong spot for a split second Wonder if she noticed:D Beacutiful dance, smooth, they were like a mirror image for most of it dancing in sync me 10, Them 9 9 10 AND carrie ann complimented her. Imagine that. She told her that she saw emotion tonight and that she went above and beyond the steps . And then carrie's stunning comment "This is the key to unlocking you as a winner!" Can yu believe it..from Carrie!!!

Allie Argentine Tango. Ok I am not a fan of Allie, seems that not many of us are, but she was really great at this dance. It was sexy(well, her moves were) and it was believable. Mark really trained her well. me 10 yes a 10 them 9 10 10
Zendaya Salsa magnifient perfect, all 3 in sync, so much going on yet no one was off.Meshed well, little hip hop break Me 10 them 10 10 10 First perfect score of the season. She could beat kellie. I didn't think so before but she is growing in leaps and bounds. This salsa was a joy to watch.

Sean Jazz Not too great, cute idea but he was off. he had his happy moves down. In the dance there was one move he could do successfully and it was repeated a few times. other than that, not great. Me 7 them 777 (He's officially in the bottom of the Leader Board.

Jacoby Paso Doble WOW!!!! beautiful paso sakirts flying, an A+ routine with Cheryla and karina (two fabulous female pros). he had the powerful masterful bullfighter moves. Commanded the stage me 9-10 not sure Them 898 I thought he was better than what they said.

Ingo Jive. Cute routine, he kept up and didn't miss a step but Ingo did not have the technique tha the had the first number. He had a tough practice week so I guess one dance had to suffer and this was it. He din't kick high or sharp enough and his toes were not pointed (called the kicks and flicks). Me 8 them 888 (Remember i thought his first dance could have been an ().

Kellie Paso Doble LEN"S MAJOR MELTDOWN TIRADE HIGHLIGHT OF THE NIGHT which luckily Tom Bergeron was able to ad lib about. Intense. I thought he'd turn red and pass out. he was hsouting and screaming, mainly furious with Derek or not including certain Paso steps. he always hates the razz amatazz and he said that this was just loud music and flashing lights and crashing mirrors. My thoughts: there are a lot of variations one can do in a dance besides the baic steps. i saw many in this Paso. i saw flair, drama, and a well executed piece. Nothing was hidden because the concept. No inepitude was being covered up. I wrote"wow! Dark world captured by all three. Dramatic. Precise, sharp, staccato" which is how it should be. Kelly channeled the part perfectly. me 10 them 10, 7, 10 yesm len gave her a 7!!!!

Allie JiveShe was so busy counting the beat that her performance suffered. She di the steps but it was not so believable. She did much better in the first dance. She danced the teps well, but there wasn't much of a connection. me 8-9 Them 999

That's it folks. This was an effort but I love you gals andI know how much SLA counts on me (my fan club president).
I will be busy with my mother but will check in for comments. Hope this helps you all out to nitice some things thatyou might not have noticed. Some of you don' t need my help at all --you seem to have done well without me last week
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

DWTS Eighth Week  Empty Re: DWTS Eighth Week

Post by singlyme Tue May 07, 2013 7:38 am

Grace, I missed this thread until after I'd posted on the other. Seems that one is on a roll, so to avoid confusion, maybe this one should be deleted.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 am

Thanks once again for the overview Vic. I feel the same as you on your assessments of the dances.

Last night I was pleasantly surprised with Allie's tango. I thought it was excellent and actually "felt it".

The trio dance with Zendaya was amazing and I also loved, loved, loved Kellie's trio dance. I really don't understand that "7" at all from Len!!.

All I can say is poor Sean. I thought the tango was painful to watch; but while they were doing the trio, I kept thinking "what the heck is this".....the dance, the outfits, everything....tragedy.

I think Sean knows the time has come where he is really out of his league and it's time for him to go home. He went further than I ever thought he would

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Tue May 07, 2013 10:37 am

The song they gave Sean makes me feel like they were setting him up to fail. How is a newly engaged man supposed to dance to "I'm hot and I'm cold?" I thought the whole wedding theme with him running away from the bride was not the best idea.

I sort of hope the fans don't save Sean tonight, because he does seem like the weakest of the bunch now. He could have more fans than Ingo though and last another week.

Vic, I was shocked that Len gave Kellie a 7! Shock
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 am

grace8136 wrote:The song they gave Sean makes me feel like they were setting him up to fail. How is a newly engaged man supposed to dance to "I'm hot and I'm cold?" I thought the whole wedding theme with him running away from the bride was not the best idea.

I sort of hope the fans don't save Sean tonight, because he does seem like the weakest of the bunch now. He could have more fans than Ingo though and last another week.

Vic, I was shocked that Len gave Kellie a 7! Shock

Exactly. The song had slipped my mind. Talk about a weird choice for him Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue May 07, 2013 11:55 am

I agree about Sean and think Ingo is a better dancer than Sean is - we'll find out if people saved Sean again this week. It will not be right if he stays over Ingo but I don't know what Ingo's fan base is and I'm afraid it may not be as big as Sean's. I didn't get Sean's trio dance at all and did not care for the start of his Tango.

I did not understand what Len's problem with Kellie's Paso Doble was and him giving her a 7 was just plain ridiculous IMO!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 07, 2013 12:39 pm

Len's angry outburst was shocking - as was the 7 score. His golden boy let him down with the choreo, I guess. I thought it was brilliant.

And Carrie? Acted like she was taking personal credit for a good performance by Kellie. She really sucks, personality-wise. I've thought Kellie has danced beautifully all season.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Tue May 07, 2013 11:08 pm

This is weird; I started this thread but my initial post is gone and now grace put my recap as the first post. That recap is everywhere) rein and SLA steered me here to see replies) so I will reply here too. Thanks for the reply posts rein, SLA, grace, singly. Did anyone notice what I asked about when jacoby was in full view making faces and doing strange things duringa skybox interview?
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 08, 2013 1:40 am

victorian3 wrote:This is weird; I started this thread but my initial post is gone and now grace put my recap as the first post. That recap is everywhere) rein and SLA steered me here to see replies) so I will reply here too. Thanks for the reply posts rein, SLA, grace, singly. Did anyone notice what I asked about when jacoby was in full view making faces and doing strange things duringa skybox interview?

Vic3 Jacoby is always trying to get his face in front of the camera just like his obnoxious mother. I really would like to see him go home next. I am one of the few that does not enjoy watching him dance or any other of the times to cameras show him during the show. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed May 08, 2013 1:48 am

I enjoyed your review, too, Vic. You always do a thoroughly, great job!

Jacoby really needs to go, and take his mama with him.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed May 08, 2013 8:22 am

USN wrote:I enjoyed your review, too, Vic. You always do a thoroughly, great job!

Jacoby really needs to go, and take his mama with him.

Thanks USN. Makes it all worth while to know one's efforts are appreciated.
How old is Jacoby? he acts like an overgrown spoiled little boy.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 08, 2013 9:17 am

Jacoby is 28; I just looked it up. ITA with vic about how he acts. I wrote on another thread that his behavior is typical of Baltimore Ravens players. They act like a bunch of children. The team is 15 miles from my house and their antics are always in the media.

If I've offended any Ravens fans, 10000 pardons.

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 am

thanks newto. 28 huh...
Actualy, I like watching the ravens play. I noticed them because when I started seriously learning the game, they stood out as being very aggressive, kind of violent. Now why should I like that???/ The first team I ever knew was the Dolphins in 1972-3 when they won every game. That's when I first learned the basic rules. After that I didn't pay serious attention until four years ago and now I love it. The teams that I have seen the most on TV are the ravens and the patriots aand giants. Also some saints games, steelers, vikings, 49ers cowboys (but not this year). It depends on which games are broadcast in your area.

I spend football season in Ny so don't get to see many dolphins games (Fl team) but they have not been doing well.
Sorry, seems I went off topic on football and this is the DWTS thread.
Have a good day newto. I'm taking my mom to an eye clinic. I think she needs prism.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top