Episode: Engagement

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 Empty Re: Episode: Engagement

Post by BlueMoon Tue May 07, 2013 1:33 am

Vic, I haven't changed my mind. It's just that I can actually see it both ways. I can see Daniel knowing what is really going on, and I can see him just being his usual simple self. However, I really think he's knows what's going on and he's playing her. He doesn't look/act like a guy in love this season, either, even though he keeps saying that Emily's the one. I think he just wants Emily's money. During last season, when they showed the scenes where they were in college together, but she looked different, he wouldn't even have anything to do with her. I don't think it all had to do with her being a brunette then. I think it had to do with her money and social status. For her, he's just a notch in her belt.

Miecies, Daniel was really mouthy and disrespectful to Victoria and Charlotte. I thought she should have smacked him one. But, she took the high road, and walked away.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 am

Miecies, Emily is entirely too protective of Jack. Sometimes, it's like she thinks he can't think for himself.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 07, 2013 7:15 am

miecies wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:Singly, If I were picking anyone for an anti-Christ, it would have to be Victoria Grayson - that woman can lie and keep smiling. She is evil!Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 3818743426

Yes indeed. If not her than Connie. They're the devil and her husband and have been since the beginning.

The problem with either of them being the anti-christ is that it WOULDN'T be the shock Nolan has promised. If you expect me to be shocked, you'd better give me someone I never would have suspected - like Nolan - or David. This anti-christ person must be the secret, so-far faceless phantom who heads AI. All this evil is coming to a head with the black-out and what results. If we're to be "shocked," we must already know this character. And both Vic and Conrad have been threatened (through proxy) by this corporation. Remember how I always wished the camera would pan out to the room when Helen was reporting?

And is no one intrigued by the unspoken secret mission of Takeda? Even if Takeda knew all along who was behind the crash and framing, WHY couldn't she know? Was he planning to take over AI? Is the Falcon his daughter? Someone who infiltrated all those years ago? *sigh*

Whitey was the #1 henchman for AI, and he crossed them to stay with Kara? Something's up there, too. Could it BE Kara? Using Vic (with her lover, Whitey in tow) to get her out of the looney bin? Oh, the tangled web.... I'm just thinking that so much they wrote this season is "throw away" with the attempt to get out of a badly devised plot.

Now, one might argue that AI spied on Daniel in his office - but wouldn't Grandpa want to make sure the boy was on track to take over? I'm fishing here.

Okay. I've gotten off the pogo stick. Just SO many possible angles for us. It's no wonder we can't predict with any degree of certainty what's coming.

The previews they showed last night have Aiden's arm in a strangle-hold on Daniel. Also, a blown-up building where Emily is looking for Jack (who Nolan says was led into a trap). Mieces, you're right. If Emily spills the beans about who she really is, the show would take a dramatic turn. Sniping and boxing would have to be open and above-board - lol.

PLEASE tell me Aiden didn't run that number sequence, knowing what would happen!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Tue May 07, 2013 9:45 am

BlueMoon wrote:Miecies, Emily is entirely too protective of Jack. Sometimes, it's like she thinks he can't think for himself.
Nolan and Emily treat Jack like he's 2. Another reason why I can't get behind Emily/Jack, the relationship at times comes off parental.

singlyme wrote:
miecies wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:Singly, If I were picking anyone for an anti-Christ, it would have to be Victoria Grayson - that woman can lie and keep smiling. She is evil!Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 3818743426

Yes indeed. If not her than Connie. They're the devil and her husband and have been since the beginning.

The problem with either of them being the anti-christ is that it WOULDN'T be the shock Nolan has promised. If you expect me to be shocked, you'd better give me someone I never would have suspected - like Nolan - or David.
Forgot about that shock spoiler but the anti-christ and shock spoiler could be for to two different scenarios.

And is no one intrigued by the unspoken secret mission of Takeda? Even if Takeda knew all along who was behind the crash and framing, WHY couldn't she know? Was he planning to take over AI? Is the Falcon his daughter? Someone who infiltrated all those years ago? *sigh*
I am! I am! (raising hand high) I knew he had a secret agenda and was possibly using his 2 students. No way Emily & Aiden's meeting was a coincidence.
Mieces, you're right. If Emily spills the beans about who she really is, the show would take a dramatic turn.
The show would be over if you asked me, especially if she reveals herself to a Grayson and the Grayson survives. Telling the truth to Jack is the B story. The core of this show is Emily-David Clarke-Victoria. People believing Emily riding off into the sunset with Jack is the story are not objective watchers. I don't believe Emily will even get a happy ending. They've mucked this show up so bad that the only thing to redeem it would be a superb ending. And Emily sailing off with any of these guys happy and madly in love would be all wrong.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Tue May 07, 2013 12:40 pm

Baffling Actions Scratch
~ Why didn't Daniel tell his dad what he found out about Aiden instead of just telling Conrad, "Mathias can't be trusted."?
~ Why did tech guru whiz-kid extraordinarie Nolan allow Aiden to break into Grayson account using his credentials instead of hacking their way in?

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 07, 2013 12:53 pm

Perchance Daniel is indeed a protege of Grandpa and is now feeling too authoritarian to clue in his Dad. He's stepped down from Global, and when Conrad asked what he planned to do, he just smiled. Is he the new head of AI, with headquarters in Paris?

As for Nolan allowing Aiden to use his own code, he was kind of buffaloed into it. Aiden had already put in his ID and password, frantically rushing Nolan to complete the money drain.

ALSO, Daniel got his money out - per Grandpa's info on what would happen? They show Aiden, in a preview, with Daniel in a strangle-hold. Does he "know" what Daniel has done? Was he led into a trap of draining the money? Resulting in the chaos that will be part of the next show? It might also explain why Takeda wanted her to shelve emotions where Daniel was concerned. He KNEW. And some of us have noticed the "smugness" Daniel wears on his face of late. Like he's got a secret no one else knows.

It all seems to add up, except for the fact that the Graysons have ALWAYS been Em's target. Vic seemed to have free access to AI's Whitey and the Falcon, but she's always been wicked. And she SHOT Helen. Conrad was powerless to stop Vic's attempted murder with the plane crash. WHO saved her? Grandpa seemed to have a weakness for her when he visited -as if he liked her better than his son - or they had a past tryst between them.

David Clarke would be the bigger shock.

My daughter thinks Jack will die in the explosion. Not me, though I must say I wouldn't miss him.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Tue May 07, 2013 1:22 pm

singlyme wrote:Perchance Daniel is indeed a protege of Grandpa and is now feeling too authoritarian to clue in his Dad. He's stepped down from Global, and when Conrad asked what he planned to do, he just smiled. Is he the new head of AI, with headquarters in Paris. ALSO, Daniel got his money out - per Grandpa's info on what would happen? They show Aiden, in a preview, with Daniel in a strangle-hold. Does he "know" what Daniel has done? Was he led into a trap of draining the money? Resulting in the chaos that will be part of the next show? It might also explain why Takeda wanted her to shelve emotions where Daniel was concerned. He KNEW. And some of us have noticed the "smugness" Daniel wears on his face of late. Like he's got a secret no one else knows.
LOL! re:Grandpa Grayson LOL! So you've dropped the Amanda is alive line? But if you were talking about anybody else but Daniel I might consider this scenario but I just can't see Daniel beyond his dumbness and blind loyalty to Emily. He's been portrayed as too much of a pawn throughout the entire series for me to ever believe him capable of masking a devious bent. Daniel wears his heart on his sleeves. His smugness is because he's got it all at the moment. Nothing more. Nothing less.

As for Nolan allowing Aiden to use his own code, he was kind of buffaloed into it. Aiden had already put in his ID and password, frantically rushing Nolan to complete the money drain.
Nolan was sitting there tweedling his thumbs when Aiden showed up late. I'm saying if Nolan is this whiz-kid tech head he could have hacked into the account before Aiden got there. And just waited on Aiden to make the decision together on whether to proceed with draining the account. That was some bad writing just to get Aiden to leave his digit footprint for the Grayson to find out.

My daughter thinks Jack will die in the explosion. Not me, though I must say I wouldn't miss him.
Jack's safe and I wouldn't miss him either.

Last edited by miecies on Tue May 07, 2013 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue May 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Daniel just has to be clued in by someone and know what is going on. He really acts like the proverbial cat that swallowed the canary. Otherwise, I would think he would tell Conrad why Aiden can't be trusted. However, Daniel doesn't trust either of his parents. I really don't think he trusts Emily, either.

I've said many times I want to see a happy ending to this show, and while I think there is still that possibility for at least some happiness, I don't think there will be a lot of happiness. Too many bad things have happened. For me, Emily doing away with the Graysons and getting Jack would be that "some" happiness - and, of course, both of those things happening would be the end of the show. For now, I'll settle with Emily telling Jack who she really is.Smile

There is just so much going on in this show right now. I'm just about speculated out for now! Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 3800589692 I really can't wait for next Sunday!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 pm

I keep forgetting . . . What are they all looking at in the preview pictures when they keep looking up?Confused
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue May 07, 2013 3:22 pm

BlueMoon wrote:Daniel just has to be clued in by someone and know what is going on. He really acts like the proverbial cat that swallowed the canary.

I just got back from getting a haircut. Even Nick, the stylist, had the same canary analogy. lol. We might well be on to something here!

And miecies, I STILL haven't given up on Amanda, though the idea is pushed WAY back in my mind. Too many other mysteries to solve.

I hadn't thought of them "looking up," but now that you mention it.... There was an ambulance behind Charlotte in the previews. Life-Flight, maybe?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue May 07, 2013 5:52 pm

Singly, They are looking up. Go to Wetpaint for some recent spoilers that go into more detail.Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 1030624089
They mention something about Emily, Jack, and Victoria there, which is interesting.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue May 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I've been wondering - whatever happened to Helen's body? . . . Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 3628401209

I just love all these emoticons!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed May 08, 2013 7:20 am

BlueMoon wrote:I've been wondering - whatever happened to Helen's body? . . . Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 3628401209

She was either dumped in the ocean and identified as Amanda OR she was buried in a plot hole. lol.

miecies, I looked at WetPaint and saw the pics in Takeda's infinity box. I'd bet the girl is a daughter he lost on the plane that went down. Is it just me, or do you notice a strong resemblance between the man in the photo and Aiden? In fact, till I zoomed in, I thought it WAS Aiden. Nolan and Aiden seem to be the only ones they're not featuring much in the promos.

Ugh. Every time I see a new clip or preview, I start driving myself nuts trying to weave a scenario around it!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Wed May 08, 2013 10:23 am

singlyme wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:I've been wondering - whatever happened to Helen's body? . . . Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 3628401209

She was either dumped in the ocean and identified as Amanda OR she was buried in a plot hole. lol.
LOL! This show is so all over the place I would relish this return.

singlyme wrote:miecies, I looked at WetPaint and saw the pics in Takeda's infinity box. I'd bet the girl is a daughter he lost on the plane that went down. Is it just me, or do you notice a strong resemblance between the man in the photo and Aiden? In fact, till I zoomed in, I thought it WAS Aiden. Nolan and Aiden seem to be the only ones they're not featuring much in the promos.

Ugh. Every time I see a new clip or preview, I start driving myself nuts trying to weave a scenario around it!
Could the man be Aiden's father? Soooooooo many unanswered questions. Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 1582475729

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 pm

miecies wrote:Could the man be Aiden's father? Soooooooo many unanswered questions. Episode:  Engagement - Page 2 1582475729

It occurred to me, but my brain is fried. SURELY, they wouldn't reach that far.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top