Episode: Engagement

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode:  Engagement Empty Episode: Engagement

Post by singlyme Sun May 05, 2013 8:39 am

This is the write-up: "Engagement" - Emily plots her next move in her new role as Daniel's fiancée, while Aiden struggles with the re-engagement. Meanwhile, Jack learns more than he bargained for, and desperate times call for desperate measures as Conrad's gubernatorial numbers slip after Victoria's big reveal on "Nightline."

I viewed some pictures at the "other" site. One shows Vic at the Stowaway with Jack. It appears he's playing the tape for her - I suppose the one Kenny gave him. H-m-m-m. And I do believe Ashley is really working as a double-agent against Conrad. Should be interesting.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode:  Engagement Empty Re: Episode: Engagement

Post by BlueMoon Sun May 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Singly, On the "other site," did you watch the preview of Victoria talking to Jack about what caused Daniel and Emily to break up? It looks like maybe Emily has a chance of getting Jack back - at least as a friend for now. I'm sure Victoria didn't mention it as any favor to either Jack or Emily. She just wants Emily to stay away from Daniel.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun May 05, 2013 5:43 pm

No, blue. I didn't catch it. Just saw a photo of the two together at the bar. We shall see in about three hours!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Mon May 06, 2013 1:25 am

Emily, Emily, Emily!(: She had that moment with Jack that I've been waiting for so long, and she blew it!(: . . . He would have taken her back. Why can't she tell him everything like she was going to? What has changed in her plan of revenge that she can't tell him? It can't just be because of Amanda's death.
And, what is this "truth" that Aiden spoke of with Takeda? I'm thinking we're going to get some closure on that in the next episode. And, I thought a main character was supposed to die during the next episode, not this one. It appears that Takeda is now dead.
That was an interesting comment by Ashley about how she could tell that Emily didn't really love Daniel, and then, Victoria saying the same thing.
Emily looks really upset in one of preview pictures for next week that they showed at the end of the show. She should never have gotten involved with Takeda and this quest for revenge. She should have just come back to the Hamptons for Jack and the beach house.
I think the Falcon knew what was going to happen with the lights when the money got transferred. I bet she had something to do with that. What was Emily's plan for the money?
I can't wait until the next episode!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 7:13 am

First, I'll respond to you, bluemoon. I was thinking the same thing about the "coincidental" money transfer and the power going out. Did the Falcon have that money tied to a code that would unleash carrion?

And Emily can't tell Jack. You know well and good that he'd inject himself into her plans to prevent her marryiing Daniel and he'd ruin everything. But it appears the truth may come out next week anyway.

NOW. OMG! OMG! OMG! Takeda dead? That blows yet another of my theories. He obviously won't be the antichrist - so let me posit a less realistic take on this. Bear with me.

This person is supposed to be a "reveal" from among the first season's core characters - so let's look at them. Amanda, Emily, Jack, Declan, Charlotte, Nolan, and Daniel are all too young. That leaves us with Vic, Conrad, Lydia, Grandpa Grayson. (Kara and Aiden are 2nd season characters, right? If not, Aiden's change of heart has removed him from antichrist material. Kara tried to kill Vic for what happened to David.)

Vic and Conrad have both shown fear and anger toward AI, so that let's them out. Lydia, meh? But during a visit, Grandpa Grayson expressed his wishes that Daniel was heading Global - with his own son, Conrad out. ???

HOWEVER, Takeda was hiding the truth behind his mission. A truth which seemingly would have destroyed Emily's need for revenge. When Aiden threatened to tell, he fought him to his own death. SO>>>>>>what does that leave us with? David Clarke is alive and is the antichrist. I know, I know. Kelly said last season that he was really dead. But let's face it. They wrote themselves into a corner this season and David Clarke is an escape hatch. Takeda told her, "These people destroyed your father." Perhaps he was lying. Perhaps they took an innocent man and turned him into today's monster. His death may have been faked so he could disappear.

Unrealistic, I know. At this point, I'm grasping. Other than David, the only one (alive and of proper age) who hasn't suffered under AI, is Grandpa Grayson. And William Devane can play one evil character.

Last edited by singlyme on Mon May 06, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 7:23 am

Cont'd.

Unless Gabriel Mann's interview was twisted, Clarke and Grandpa are the only suspects, here... unless you can think how any of the younger ones could have been child leaders of this organization. Victoria's new son is NOT a core character, so if it's him - we've been deliberately bamboozled. lol.

I thought Takeda's demise satisfied the death quota, but the previews show Charlotte in front of an ambulance looking horrified - and Jack looking grief-stricken in hospital blues. Looks like Declan bites the bullet, too? Might explain why he's holding a gun in someone's face. Was Emily's tearful "about to explain why she's the cause" REALLY about her ID?

Casting a net in the ocean wouldn't produce as many red herrings as this show. Whew!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 06, 2013 8:23 am

Singly, every time you write Vic and I see it in print, I think that you are talking about me...then my brain kicks in and I know that you mean Victoria. Smile
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 06, 2013 8:36 am

I definitely think that Falcon was behind the power outage. The glint in her eyes said it all. When that button was hit for the money transfer, it all got started. There is more to her than we know. She knew what she was doing with the info she was willing to release.
That said, she is a weird one. She's so young and speaks in riddles. Does she have a real life? One hwere she goes out with friends and talks about day to day stuff? Doesn't seem like it. I personally don't relatte to her character at all.
Also, I am glad to see Takeda gone. maybe I wouldn't feel that strongly if it were the first season actor but this one was just not the right fit for the role somehow. He didn't even seem as believable.
If Declan were the next casualty, I think thatJack would be ready for a mental institution. How much can the poor guy take? Yes, he has Carl to consider but I think his mind could snap if he lost his berother on top of losing fauxmanda.
Yes, we are all screaming at the TV, well, I am amyway, for Emily to tell Jack the truth but if that happened wouldn't the show lose something. That is what many viewers want to see happen and everything else could be anticlimatic. of course, he could then allign with her in extracting revenge but that's not who he is, at least , not from what I've seen. Plus, as you said singly, he would not be able to contine watching Emily go off to Paris with Daniel. Thatwould not work for him. I don't even see how it will work for her unless she has some feeling for Daniel. I do think that she actually likes him. When they are in paris she will totally on her own except for him. Moving is not easy especially when it is to a foreign country. I can't even believe that Daniel wants to move to Paris.
This show has the craziest plot reveals, I get confused, but i still really like it.

BTW, did anyone here ever watch Ringer last seaosn. it was canceled but I had really liked it. It was a bit like this show.
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon May 06, 2013 9:57 am

The biggest reveal of this show is not Jack finding out who Emily really is but the Graysons finding out who she really is, more importantly Victoria. That's the reveal I'm waiting on. I hope she tells Jack and we move on from that but something tells me that the promo is a red herring.

That was an interesting comment by Ashley about how she could tell that Emily didn't really love Daniel, and then, Victoria saying the same thing.
It's amazing how others can see this but Daniel can't.

Casting a net in the ocean wouldn't produce as many red herrings as this show. Whew!
LOL! I'm done speculating. I'm not good at it. All in all this episode garnered alot of huh? from me. Will be back later to post more.

BTW, did anyone here ever watch Ringer last seaosn. it was canceled but I had really liked it.
I loved Ringer! That show would have a cliffhanger at the end of almost every episode! It was a wild ride.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am

Singly, I think you're right that Jack would ruin everything, that he wouldn't be as understanding as Aiden and let Emily marry Daniel.

I suppose David Clarke could be alive. Wasn't it a knife that was used to kill him? All we saw was the initial scene. We never saw anyone take his body away that I can remember. He could have been spirited away into hiding. It would be really great if he was alive and he and Emily could be together again.Smile

I'd like to see William Devane back, too. Maybe we'll even see Kara back, but I don't think she knows any more than Gordon told her.

I think Takeda is one evil guy. I think this version of Takeda seems more evil than the old version, even though I like the old one better.

Vic, I agree that the Falcon is one weird girl.

I don't think Jack could take losing Declan, either.

I think Emily has an agenda for this life in Paris, other than just taking Daniel away from the Graysons and their company. Remember she once told faux Amanda that she had an apartment in Paris. So, she's familiar with Paris - more so than Daniel, who has probably been there since Victoria said Charlotte had.

Miecies, You are totally right that the biggest reveal is that the Graysons find out who Emily really is and not Jack.

I just can't believe that Daniel is not seeing that Emily really doesn't love him. Last season, she showed more feelings for him, so it wasn't so obvious. Remember how in an episode not too long ago he said he had gotten used to waking up and finding her gone off on her "errands." I'm beginning to think that Daniel knows that Emily is playing him, and that he is playing her to get away from his family. He's just too easy-going this time around with Emily. There seems to be something else going on with him this time. He just doesn't seem like a guy who's in love.

I'm also wondering what other secrets Victoria has.

Whew!Smile Is it next Sunday yet?Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon May 06, 2013 11:27 am

If David Clarke is alive that would negate the entire premise of this show. But I honestly don't know what could be more shocking than him really not being dead. He best be an amnesiac because what a crap father to watch all this happen to his daughter and remain hidden.

Last edited by miecies on Mon May 06, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by grace8136 Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 pm

David Clarke being alive would be a "jump the shark" moment for me. As miecies says, it would mean he allowed his daughter to live through all this garbage.

Who does Emily really love? Jack or Aidan? For me, I am waiting for the reveal to Jack most. But how can he forgive her now, especially if Declan is next? Too many bad things have happened because of her need for revenge.

If Charlotte is pregnant, why is she avoiding Declan? Surely, it's his baby, right?

Who is Patrick's father?
grace8136
grace8136
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 12:45 pm

FIRST: How does one "multi-quote?"

Blue, I've also previously said that the Daniel actor is playing the role as if he's onto Em. He may be privy to more (by way of Grandpa) than we've come to know in regard to AI. Too young to have been there from the get-go but Grandpa could've been priming him to take over as head of AI. ??? Something's "off" with his character this time around. I'm glad you see it, too.

A little odd that he insisted on having his money out of the Amanda fund like he knew it would be drained. If Grandpa turned over the reins, he'd also be paying and controlling The Falcon. No coincidence about the power outage that was sync'd to the money drain.

Em may get more than she bargained for. Community property on all her billions. But if it's a Daniel/Grandpa pairing, it doesn't explain Takeda's "secret mission." The Graysons were always a target, and AI became one. No. The power has to lie beyond the Graysons. H-m-m-m. I'm confusing myself.

Episode:  Engagement 4184157158

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon May 06, 2013 2:29 pm

singlyme wrote:FIRST: How does one "multi-quote?"

Click the multi-quote button on each post you want to quote and then click PostReply button on the bottom left of page. It doesn't work for quick reply. Hope this helps.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Mon May 06, 2013 4:42 pm

Miecies, Maybe David Clarke was taken away to somewhere so he could be safe but part of that was him not being able to know anything about Emily. I seem to remember that he was keeping up with her because he told Nolan she set the fire.

Grace, I forgot about Charlotte being pregnant. I don't know why she can't tell Declan. It must be his. The last I remember her having any flings was when that one guy from school came to visit her and she let him visit her in her bedroom - but, that was last season, I think. I thought Charlotte loved babies. Of course, she's wanting to go to college, not be a mother right now.

Singly, Something is definitely "off" with Daniel. There has to be something to him wanting his money so fast. I certainly don't want him to get ahold of Emily's money. Is the area where the Hamptons a community-property area? Surely she has her money secure. I think Emily needs to step back and think about who's playing who here.

I think Jack still wants Emily, and I think he can handle the truth after what he's been through with Amanda. However, I don't think he is going to want her to go through with this marriage to Daniel.

I think we're going to find out that Takeda was a big part of the AI puzzle. That should mean that next season can have Emily concentrate on her revenge with the Graysons.
Episode:  Engagement 666614816
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 06, 2013 5:26 pm

Hi all. I posted a decent sized post before but lost it. When I clicked send it said that another post had been posted and then it went poof when I clicked modify. It wasn't worth repeating as I am far from the expert on unraveling or guessing anything about this season. I look to all of you for that.

The only thing that I did say was that being a romantic makes it seem like, for me, the big reveal was Jack finding out about Emily. Now that you all mention it, yikes, wait til Victoria finds out. That surely would be a great reveal. Wonder how Jack would take it. Did he love fauxmanda BECAUSE he thought she was Emily and that's it, or did he love her for who she really was. After all, when they were together, even though posing as Amanda, she still had her own personality and opinions, likes etc. I think all this would be so much to process.Poor Jack. Wow. Two big future reveals will make for great TV moments.
Why do you all think that Daniel knows abut Emily? The only way he'd know is if he is in with AI and they know. Is it possible that he is just the puppy dog in love following her around and he doesn't know a thing except that he's glad to be back with her and wants to escape his whole life? Could it be that simple?
You asked about community property laws in the Hamptons. The Hamptons are in NY State. NY does not have community property laws.

As far as the Hamptons, I lived 68 miles from there (well, from West Hampton) when I lived in NYC. You have the five boroughts (Manhattan, Queens-me- Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island. Then comes Long Island made of of Nassau County and further East is Suffolk County. I went out to the Hamptons every summer and even lived there for five summers. I still go every summer. The Hamptons are in Suffolk County at the tip of Long Island--well, Montauk is at the tip--that's where Jack lives and works. The Graysons and Emily and Nolan probably live in East Hampton which is half hour from Montauk. It is a two hour ride to NYC which is why I wonder how it is so easy for Daniel and Nolan, and Em, etc to go back and forth. With a helicopter it is much less but by car or railroad it is two full hours. By car it can be up to four hours in rush hour, I know because I used to make the trip and the 68 miles that took me 1:15 could take over two hours. When I drove to east Hampton it took three hours sometimes. it is a one lane road in each direction so it is slow going. They don't show that on TV but I am just telling you. That's why when Daniel says that he'll be right there, and you see a shot of Manhattan, I am wondering how he plans to get there so quickly. I have not seen a helicopter have you? They do not have their own community property laws. NY does not have those laws.
Whew, done for now:D
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon May 06, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm sorry I just don't get any vibe that Daniel is on to Emily. That would be the biggest character reversal ever. Daniel wanted that money to start his new life with Emily. Finding out about Aiden just made him more determined to have it. Aiden being the treasurer of the bogus ACF meant that he could do something illegal with the money. If they have Daniel pulling one over on Emily I'm done. Daniel has never shown one ounce of smarts, ever. His mother has him pegged. He is easily led around by woman unable to make his own decision. A mother knows their child and Victoria has Daniel's number.

Is it possible that he is just the puppy dog in love following her around and he doesn't know a thing except that he's glad to be back with her and wants to escape his whole life? Could it be that simple?
Yes I believe it's just this simple. Like Daniel LOL!

Last edited by miecies on Tue May 07, 2013 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 06, 2013 5:47 pm

miecies wrote:I'm sorry I just don't get any vibe that Daniel is on to Emily. That would be the biggest character reversal ever. Daniel wanted that money because of what he found out about Aiden. Aiden being the treasurer of the bogus ACF meant that he could do something illegal with the money. If they have Daniel pulling one over on Emily I'm done. Daniel has never shown one ounce of smarts, ever. His mother has him pegged. He is easily led around by woman unable to make his own decision. A mother knows their child and Victoria has Daniel's number.

Is it possible that he is just the puppy dog in love following her around and he doesn't know a thing except that he's glad to be back with her and wants to escape his whole life? Could it be that simple?
Yes I believe it's just this simple. Like Daniel LOL!

YAY!!! Someone agrees with me. I thought that everyone else on here thought that Daniel was on to Emily but I just saw him as, you put it well, SIMPLE. The puppy dog. Now I don't feel so inadequate about my thoughts on this show. Thanks for the boost:)
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon May 06, 2013 5:49 pm

But, but, but.... what about the reveal that will show us a core character who's like the anti-christ. Are there no opinions on this?

Gotta go eat. See you in the morning.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Mon May 06, 2013 7:06 pm

Miecies, It could be that simple, that Daniel could still be totally ignorant of Emily's real agenda. It could be that Daniel just wanted to make sure he got his money and Aiden didn't get it because he definitely doesn't trust Aiden. I'm always trying to out-think the writers.Smile It usually doesn't get me very far.Smile As far as going to Paris, it will take him far away from not only his parents but Aiden, his rival for Emily.

Vic, Thanks for the info about the Hamptons. I don't know much about them, but I've always thought it was more than a hop, skip, and a jump to NYC from there, and the characters do seem to go back and forth pretty quickly. One lane road, huh? Glad Emily's money is going to be safe!Smile

Singly, As far as William Devane goes, I would like to see him back, but I didn't like that one scene where he gave Emily a little push. Remember when he was there? I think they were being interviewed by the press or something. It was just a little push, and Emily just looked at him. However, . . . he doesn't need to be doing things like that to Emily!(:

Last edited by BlueMoon on Mon May 06, 2013 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing)
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Episode:  Engagement Empty By the Way - Engagement Dress

Post by BlueMoon Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 pm

I usually don't pay all that much attention to the clothes the characters wear, but Emily really looked great in the dress she was wearing for the engagement party!Episode:  Engagement 2711556646
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Episode:  Engagement Empty The Anti-Christ

Post by BlueMoon Mon May 06, 2013 7:17 pm

quote="singlyme"]But, but, but.... what about the reveal that will show us a core character who's like the anti-christ. Are there no opinions on this?

Gotta go eat. See you in the morning.[/quote]

Singly, If I were picking anyone for an anti-Christ, it would have to be Victoria Grayson - that woman can lie and keep smiling. She is evil!Episode:  Engagement 3818743426

Last edited by BlueMoon on Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title, fix quote)
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by victorian3 Mon May 06, 2013 7:38 pm

BlueMoon wrote:
I just can't believe that Daniel is not seeing that Emily really doesn't love him. Last season, she showed more feelings for him, so it wasn't so obvious. Remember how in an episode not too long ago he said he had gotten used to waking up and finding her gone off on her "errands." I'm beginning to think that Daniel knows that Emily is playing him, and that he is playing her to get away from his family. He's just too easy-going this time around with Emily. There seems to be something else going on with him this time. He just doesn't seem like a guy who's in love.

Hi Blue Moon. Earlier yu had a post and here itis above. Then a little while ago you posted that you agree with miecies that he doesn't know and that he is simple which is what i said earlier today when it seemed to me like everyone thought that he knew. So I am now confused. Which is it that you believe to be true...what i quoted above or what you wrote a while ago . or did you think the first and then change your mind??/ You ladies sure keep me on my toes...Very Happy
victorian3
victorian3
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 pm

BlueMoon wrote:Singly, If I were picking anyone for an anti-Christ, it would have to be Victoria Grayson - that woman can lie and keep smiling. She is evil!Episode:  Engagement 3818743426

Yes indeed. If not her than Connie. They're the devil and her husband and have been since the beginning.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 pm

They seem to be undoing things that drove this entire season, Nolan sole owner of NolCorp again and Daniel stepping down from Grayson Global.

Speaking of Daniel, he was one cocky and sure SOB this episode. He was brutal with his mother re: Patrick and even called Charlotte a bastard. Not to mention he and Conrad mentioning Emily's money. This fool really thinks he's about to run off to Paris and spend the rest of his life with Emily. I can't wait for his fall off his high horse. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. And could he and Emily be anymore bland at THEIR engagement party? My goodness he had to pull Emily to him several times. I'm praying they don't subject us to this non-couple next season.

Well Monk Takeda is gone. Can't say I will miss him and always knew he was playing his two students. And if he had to go I knew it would be Aiden. He's the designated killer on this show. I wonder what was Takeda master plan for Emily & Aiden? I believe he is the betrayal that rocks Emily to the core. I don't think Aiden will tell her to spare her another betrayal but of course she's going to find out.

Aiden is losing it. I can't believe he used his info to get to the Grayson account. And I can't believe techNolan let him!

Jack was willing to walk off that porch with 'Emily' but that is no guarantee that the offer will remain once he finds out she's Amanda. If and when they get together I'm going to need Emily to not wear heels and Jack to stand on a box. I'm such a visual person and their height difference just throws me off. (shallow moment over) Victoria so played Jack. Emily warned him and yet he proceeds to share his evidence with her.

Charlotte & Declan just both seem pointless at this stage in the series. Why do they insist on making the Porters fathers? What place does a baby have in a show like Revenge? Charlotte pregnant is such a we've run out of ideas plot.

Favorite Line said to Emily
Nolan: You can't protect Jack forever.
ME: AMEN!

Last edited by miecies on Tue May 07, 2013 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top