Online Voting - Page 2 Empty Re: Online Voting

Post by Starz Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:33 pm

I will NOT vote by facebook or twitter.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:05 pm

So far the puredwts website has not specifically mentioned anything about the voting procedure for Season 21, as best as I can tell.  I expect at some point they will since many from their site have depended on the power voting method in the past to support their favorites.  I guess it could become multiple Facebook accounts, but I'm not sure how many viewers really want to use that approach.  When you think about it, not having the DWTS website vote lessens the chance of power voting, and maybe that is what the show wants.  One of puredwts's earlier blogs talks about the voting snafu of Season 16 (Kellie, Zendaya) and suggested that DWTS eliminate their website voting.  Voting numbers would be lower (and in some ways more fair) and there would be less hassles for TPTB. However, if still doesn't seem fair to those who do not use social media and still want to be represented.  I have a feeling they are going to force those viewers to make a choice, and our only options will be Facebook and phone voting.   Shocked
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:57 am

It is too bad they don't at least inform people.I don't vote so doesn't bother me but they are letting a lot of people down.They need to accommodate their whole audience .... but I guess if they are targeting the younger ones this move would make sense.
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:50 am

Psychee22 wrote:I just hope they realize that most of the voters in their senior years do not want to vote via social media, have little or no tolerance for the phone voting that always gives you a busy signal, and want to be able to vote effortlessly online.  And I hope that they actually care.

Hi, Psychee22 -- I am also a senior with no tolerance for phone voting, no facebook or twitter account, no I-phone, etc.  I think all they care about is how much money they bring in from their advertisers.  Just call me "cynic newto."  LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:44 am

I'm with you, newto.  My landline is on the table beside me while I watch the show.  No further voting effort will be expended (beyond my chair) at 10 p.m. 

I dropped Facebook several years ago.  And I can get through a shopping trip without having to talk to anyone.  No cell.  Wouldn't have one if it were free and someone else were remembering to charge it.  Twitter?  Out of the question.

So... having no simple way to vote leads to a dampened interest in having a favorite to champion.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:30 am

Last season, when ABC decreed no online votes for Canadians anymore a lot of Canadian fans dropped the show. I voted via fb but many didn't have a fb account and said the heck with DWTS. 

DWTS core audience is and always has been skewed to the older viewer and, in my opinion, always will be. So if voting through sm is another desperate grab at the desired younger demo I doubt it will work 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:12 pm

Even if they're attempting to garner the youth audience, why thumb their noses at the loyal fans?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:03 pm

singlyme wrote:Even if they're attempting to garner the youth audience, why thumb their noses at the loyal fans?

They may not even know they are doing it.  These folks are in Hollywood, and it wouldn't surprise me if everyone they know self-promotes and seeks attention via social media.  The idea of folks living quieter lives, preferring their privacy, may seem strange to them.  They may think those folks are oddballs and not be aware that it is probably the majority of their audience.  They will quickly say that they love us, aren't we just adorable in our set ways, but actually catering to us in some way that costs them money (like good IT people so we can vote directly) may just not be something they ever consider.

I have seen the vote page, though, and it doesn't look like they ever took the sign-in link down.  If you try to sign in, they tell you that your computer isn't accepting cookies, even if it is.  But perhaps when there is something to vote for, the login will go through.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:17 pm

Oooooopsi.........don't remember my password Sad Sad

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:28 pm

kincaid53 wrote:Oooooopsi.........don't remember my password Sad Sad
They will send it to you, sis.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Awesome thanks!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:59 am

Okay, here is ABC's voting procedure and phone numbers for Season 21 at the link below.  The short story is that it looks like website voting will return.  The press release is kind of confusing, though, because it sounds like we may be restricted as to how we vote.  For example, Week 2--Monday and Tuesday--phone voting only?  I'm guessing that info wasn't written very well and we should be able to vote online like we have been able to in the past.  

The teams will be learning new routines for this Monday as well as Monday and Tuesday of Week 2.  That will be 3 dances that the couples need to master over the next 2 weeks.  Shocked

Vote FAQ

Press Release

Press Release wrote:For the first week, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at www.ABC.com and on Facebook https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ is open for 15 hours, beginning from the start of the episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 11:00 a.m., ET/8:00 a.m., PT the next day. For week two, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday and Tuesday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. From week three until the finale, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday nights during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting  is open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT and closing at 8:00 p.m., ET/5:00 p.m., PT on Tuesday evenings.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Walker7 Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:30 pm

I think that the phone voting should be extended to a whole day (8 PM Monday to 8 PM Tuesday), just like the online voting.

Walker7

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:21 pm

Here is the actual voting link....and there is a Voting FAQ also associated with the page!

http://vote-e.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote/season-21
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:48 pm

piratealikat wrote:Here is the actual voting link....and there is a Voting FAQ also associated with the page!

http://vote-e.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote/season-21
Thank you for providing the link PI, Thanks
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Online Voting - Page 2 Empty Canadians Can Vote????

Post by Lesallee Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:20 am

Reading the morning paper I saw in the entertainment section that DWTS has been picked up by CTV and will air again on CTV Two. So, I'm thinking maybe, just maybe, ABC will have a change of heart and allow Canadians to vote online again!  

Confused
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:52 am

I'm keeping everything crossed sis that abc brings you back into their world of voting online!!!
Ommmmmmmmmm....give Canadians the vote...............give Canadians the vote!!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:39 pm

Sorry   I'm not sure they are going to change their minds. . .but I hope they do.

DWTS Vote FAQ

DWTS Vote FAQ wrote:2. So how do I vote?
We have three convenient ways for you to keep your favorite stars dancing. You can vote by phone or do it online, either at ABC.com or on Facebook at https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts. You have to be 18 years old and in the U.S. to vote on ABC.com…sorry, tweens and international fans!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 pm

I wonder who doesn't vote on this board.  I don't vote unless I really like someone.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top