Online Voting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Online Voting Empty Online Voting

Post by Lesallee Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Does anyone know how ABC intends to handle online voting since everyone's accounts seem to be null and void? Twitter, perhaps?CrazyCrazy
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Online Voting Empty Re: Online Voting

Post by kincaid53 Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:17 pm

Not sure sis, but love your flowers!!!!!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:01 pm

Really good question!  I popped over to ABC to see if they said anything about it yet, but there is nothing on voting.  I also noticed I can't find an ABC login anywhere!  Rats!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:29 pm

I just hope they realize that most of the voters in their senior years do not want to vote via social media, have little or no tolerance for the phone voting that always gives you a busy signal, and want to be able to vote effortlessly online.  And I hope that they actually care.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:32 pm

I was going to give you a "like," Psychee, but the plus and minus signs are gone.  In its place is a message that you're online.

I agree with your take on the voting.  I don't have a cell, nor Twitter, nor am I running back and forth from the living room to my computer to vote.  I shut this puppy off when I'm down for the evening.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by piratealikat Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:35 pm

The like button is back...in the bottom left corner under your avatar/picture!
piratealikat
piratealikat

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:35 pm

singlyme wrote:I was going to give you a "like," Psychee, but the plus and minus signs are gone.  In its place is a message that you're online.

I agree with your take on the voting.  I don't have a cell, nor Twitter, nor am I running back and forth from the living room to my computer to vote.  I shut this puppy off when I'm down for the evening.
The LIKE button is now back and under avatar photos.

Neither do I! Nice to find another rebel!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:40 pm

singlyme wrote:I was going to give you a "like," Psychee, but the plus and minus signs are gone.  In its place is a message that you're online.

I know if they don't give me an online voting path (not via Facebook) I won't be voting, and not voting will somewhat diminish my investment, I think.  That would be sad since this is only one of three TV shows I watch, and the other two are short duration runs on PBS.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:22 pm

Psychee22 wrote:I just hope they realize that most of the voters in their senior years do not want to vote via social media, have little or no tolerance for the phone voting that always gives you a busy signal, and want to be able to vote effortlessly online.  And I hope that they actually care.
I voted last season by phone for Riker and I don't usually vote and I would get through first try.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:35 pm

I never had a problem getting through on the land line. 

You're right, Psychee.  It's not as enjoyable if you're denied input.

Last edited by singlyme on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
Psychee22 wrote:I just hope they realize that most of the voters in their senior years do not want to vote via social media, have little or no tolerance for the phone voting that always gives you a busy signal, and want to be able to vote effortlessly online.  And I hope that they actually care.
I voted last season by phone for Riker and I don't usually vote and I would get through first try.

I voted last season by phone, too.  The house phone and my cell.  I think you only have 1 hour beyond the time the program ended in your time zone, though.  That is not always convenient with kids, dogs, distractions.  When we were visiting the time zone farther west from home, I couldn't vote at all because the hour was already up when I called.  I guess because of my home location set in the device.  ?    And everything could be different this year, couldn't it?  They seem kind of generally disorganized.

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:50 pm

I used a land line.  I don't know if that made a difference.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by luvthepros Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:45 pm

piratealikat wrote:The like button is back...in the bottom left corner under your avatar/picture!
Is that button to like the poster? Is there a like button to like a specific post?
luvthepros
luvthepros

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:47 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:

I don't know where you live, but folks in the Eastern and Central Time zones (who all call at the same time) have a much more difficult time than other time zones because there are only so many phones and many more people trying to get an available open line.  The folks in the Mountain time zone apparently have the easiest time, and the West coast falls in between. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:49 pm

Hawaii has the easiest time.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:50 pm

luvthepros wrote:Is that button to like the poster? Is there a like button to like a specific post?
The button is to like the specific post.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:58 pm

I'm on the west coast.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCake Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:08 am

Wow, I didn't even think about it at first when I found out the message board was gone.  I agree with wanting the ability to vote online apart from social media.  Otherwise I'm sure they are going to continue with Facebook voting and the phone calls.  The show better start explaining their voting procedure soon.

MoonCake

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:06 am

MoonCake wrote:Wow, I didn't even think about it at first when I found out the message board was gone.  I agree with wanting the ability to vote online apart from social media.  Otherwise I'm sure they are going to continue with Facebook voting and the phone calls.  The show better start explaining their voting procedure soon.
You are so right, MoonCake, they better start publicizing the voting procedure right quickly or there will be mass confusion for the first vote. That will earn them anger and a chaotic mess which happened last season when the board was malfunctioning almost steadily. 

May I say, welcome to this board; it is a kinder and gentler place than the old ABC board. The Admins and the Mods keep things rolling along smoothly and are responsive and helpful always. 

Just out of curiosity who "were" you on the ABC board? Many long time friends have successfully made the move here but a number are missing and I always pay attention to the latest member hoping more of the absent ones will turn up. 

Welcome
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonCake Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:09 pm

I was suebob16 on the old board.  I tend to run in spurts on posting, but I always checked the board regularly during the season.  Looking forward to seeing how this board evolves.   Smile

MoonCake

Back to top Go down

Online Voting Empty Voting

Post by LadyJGray5 Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:22 am

I was about to ask this question...

There used to be an app for Dancing With the stars. You could read about the cast and vote from it. I wonder if they will re instate it or create something similar. Concerned that there hasn't been any news... The host will be on a program today or Thursday .. perhaps he will cover the topic at that point.
LadyJGray5
LadyJGray5

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:20 pm

It looks like you will be able to vote on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/dancingwiththestars/app_374212512648812
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:37 pm

SLA44 wrote:It looks like you will be able to vote on Facebook:

Facebook voting has been used for a long time and as a Canadian it was the only way I could vote last season. But the online voting through your ABC account seems to be missing in action (more like inaction). If DWTS chooses to enable voting only through fb and via the phone the voting numbers will be substantially reduced. That will anger a good chunk of people  Tantrum for sure! I have wondered if they intend to bring Twitter into it but a large part of DWTS audience don't do social media at all. I'm sure many will react like this -  hairpull
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:42 pm

Lesallee wrote:
SLA44 wrote:It looks like you will be able to vote on Facebook:

Facebook voting has been used for a long time and as a Canadian it was the only way I could vote last season. But the online voting through your ABC account seems to be missing in action (more like inaction). If DWTS chooses to enable voting only through fb and via the phone the voting numbers will be substantially reduced. That will anger a good chunk of people  Tantrum for sure! I have wondered if they intend to bring Twitter into it but a large part of DWTS audience don't do social media at all. I'm sure many will react like this -  hairpull
They still have absolutely nothing on DWTS website in relation to voting at all.  Maybe they are going to make us wait until Monday night to find out our options for voting.  Facebook was the only place that showed the word Vote.  If it is going to be by twitter some of us do not have twitter accounts so that will leave us out.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyJGray5 Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 pm

Tom B did not address it in his chat with Meredith V today. I happened to catch it.. Guess time will tell..

Not liking the feeling I am getting about this.
LadyJGray5
LadyJGray5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top