Nick was winner of Bach Pad 3.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick was winner of Bach Pad 3. Empty Nick was winner of Bach Pad 3.

Post by Ughwhatname Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:39 am

He was the one who did not split the prize money with the cowinner. I think he had ruined it for the franchise and they changed it to BIP.

Back to top Go down

Nick was winner of Bach Pad 3. Empty Re: Nick was winner of Bach Pad 3.

Post by AGnawKneeMoose Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:03 am

I'm guessing by way of not even mentioning his history on the show, that we're not supposed to absolutely loathe him this season.  Alas, some of us actually remember.  What he did to Rachel, and maybe even more, the way he rubbed it in her face was despicable beyond redemption as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not happy he's back.

AGnawKneeMoose

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:21 am

Yeah, you found this board! I know Belle put out an APB on you. 

Interesting how they haven't shown anyone talking about his history. Maybe he and Samantha are a good match?

AGnawKneeMoose wrote:I'm guessing by way of not even mentioning his history on the show, that we're not supposed to absolutely loathe him this season.  Alas, some of us actually remember.  What he did to Rachel, and maybe even more, the way he rubbed it in her face was despicable beyond redemption as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not happy he's back.

Back to top Go down

Post by BAL91182 Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:32 am

I don't think it was bad him keeping all the money. The show had it setup that way, that if one person said keep and the other share, it would go to the one person.  No one can cry foul because he just did what was set up in the rules by the show. I don't know if it ruined the series that he kept it all. They were probably excited that it caused drama and friction, and it certainly did not cost them more money because the same amount was either going to be split or given to just one person. I just think this franchise took it in a different direction, as they seem to be skimping on money. Maybe they wanted it to seem more about love (you know, keep with the fake love theme) then a competition for money.
BAL91182
BAL91182

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazz Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:49 pm

I actually thought Nick was brilliant for taking the money.  He took it and left like a champ!  Almost an F-U to the show...  I didn't expect to see him back on the show, I was more surprised by that.  He looks different.

Dazz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:04 pm

Dazz wrote:I actually thought Nick was brilliant for taking the money.  He took it and left like a champ!  Almost an F-U to the show...  I didn't expect to see him back on the show, I was more surprised by that.  He looks different.
I agree about the money and yes, he looks different.  I think he has lost a ton of weight.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by sdreindeer Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 pm

AGnawKneeMoose wrote:I'm guessing by way of not even mentioning his history on the show, that we're not supposed to absolutely loathe him this season.  Alas, some of us actually remember.  What he did to Rachel, and maybe even more, the way he rubbed it in her face was despicable beyond redemption as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not happy he's back.
I was cheering for Nick when he took all the money.  Rachel never wanted him for a partner and everyone on the show ignored him and wished he was gone the whole time; pretty much treated him like crap.  So good for him.
sdreindeer
sdreindeer

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:55 pm

You bring up a good point reindeer and I didn't recognize him and couldn't place him until I saw Ugh's post.   I guess he was just forgettable to me even with the way PB ended with him taking all the winnings.  
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Feces.Hurling.Monkey Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:49 pm

...I don't understand how people get all 'worked up' over somebody out-smarting, out-whiting another contestant on a game/reality show...... the only thing that surprises me is when a Bachelor contestant 'out-smarts' somebody else
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Feces.Hurling.Monkey
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:04 am

Dazz wrote:I actually thought Nick was brilliant for taking the money.  He took it and left like a champ!  Almost an F-U to the show...  I didn't expect to see him back on the show, I was more surprised by that.  He looks different.

I agree that he played the game and took the money and ran. Everyone did treat him badly, and I don't blame him. However, once he did that, I think it caused TPTB to change direction.

I am surprised to see him back after that.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:41 am

Ughwhatname wrote:He was the one who did not split the prize money with the cowinner. I think he had ruined it for the franchise and they changed it to BIP.

He's THAT Nick???  I seem to have a "release" mechanism in my brain.  When a season is over, useless cells fall out the back of my head so I have room for more important things.  lol.

I'm among those who thought he came off looking vindictive.  Wasn't it Rachel's talent that led them to win that show piece?

I'll be looking at him differently for the rest of BIP.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:52 am

It took me a minute to remember him as well - then I realized he was the winner of BP3!  His speech where he won I thought was pretty incredible.  He was deceptive to Rachel but she did completely ignore him because she didn't want to be his partner and was forced to after her guy (Michael Stagliano) left.  He was this quiet nice guy that at the end took the whole thing.  I agree it was brilliant but if he was deceiving Rachel the whole time - I guess he was playing the game but still.  BP3 was all about networking. 

He does look a little different but not that much.  He was and probably still is a personal trainer so it isn't the weight.  He may be more jacked.  Maybe the hair?

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by mzcarro Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:39 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:He was the one who did not split the prize money with the cowinner. I think he had ruined it for the franchise and they changed it to BIP.
I thought what he did to Rachel was despicable. And I remember that she did help him win, or am I remembering correctly?
I know she didn't want him for a partner, but I thought she continued on and was helpful. Maybe not? My brain seems to discard all the players after an episode is over.

mzcarro

Back to top Go down

Post by h28koala Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:13 pm

MZ - They had to work together for some challenges but she was really pretty obnoxious to him and always crying about Michael breaking up with her.  She kind of just ignored him and pretended he wasn't there.  They had agreed to split the money - but if you want to keep it that is how you would have to play it.  Pretty deceptive.

h28koala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top