Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Post by Starz Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:41 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
I think Nick and his family takes the whole thing way too seriously.  His Mom looked like she was going to a funeral.  Nevertheless, that doesn't let Kaitlyn off the hook for her behavior.  I saw Andi as a mean girl way before she met Nick.  I don't necessarily see Kaitlyn as a mean girl.  I see her as self-centered without much insight and empathy relative to those around her.  I'm afraid Ian was more right about her than he was wrong about her.
I agree with you.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   - Page 2 Empty Re: Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Post by rkc1960 Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:13 pm

BSkeptical wrote:

I think Nick and his family takes the whole thing way too seriously.  His Mom looked like she was going to a funeral.  Nevertheless, that doesn't let Kaitlyn off the hook for her behavior.  I saw Andi as a mean girl way before she met Nick.  I don't necessarily see Kaitlyn as a mean girl.  I see her as self-centered without much insight and empathy relative to those around her.  I'm afraid Ian was more right about her than he was wrong about her.
Andi definitely had some issues that I don't see in Kaitlyn. Andi was a bit overbearing and demanding but Kaitlyn is more of a fun loving person that doesn't necessarily care what people think of her. She knew going in that she was going to make some unpopular decisions and she was okay with that. 

What Ian said about her was spoken out of anger and much of what he said wasn't the truth and that is why the guys took up for her even at MTA. If he thought what he said to be true then he should have owned it at MTA, but he didn't. 

I understand that Kaitlyn is not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't see her as an awful person like others do.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:

Andi definitely had some issues that I don't see in Kaitlyn. Andi was a bit overbearing and demanding but Kaitlyn is more of a fun loving person that doesn't necessarily care what people think of her. She knew going in that she was going to make some unpopular decisions and she was okay with that. 

What Ian said about her was spoken out of anger and much of what he said wasn't the truth and that is why the guys took up for her even at MTA. If he thought what he said to be true then he should have owned it at MTA, but he didn't. 

I understand that Kaitlyn is not everyone's cup of tea, but I don't see her as an awful person like others do.

I agree somewhat and I wanted to continue to like Kaitlyn.  Ian was speaking out of anger and he tried to make up for it at the MTA.  However, for me the substance of what he said about Kaitlyn did prove to be substantially accurate over the course of the season and in her interviews after the season.  I really don't think there is much to her.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by idoiwill Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:34 am

BSkeptical wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:

I agree somewhat and I wanted to continue to like Kaitlyn.  Ian was speaking out of anger and he tried to make up for it at the MTA.  However, for me the substance of what he said about Kaitlyn did prove to be substantially accurate over the course of the season and in her interviews after the season.  I really don't think there is much to her.
From an external view, I agree, Kaitlyn seems to be lacking much depth.  But the show is not about showing its characters depth, they are paper cut-outs to the producers, so it's difficult to know what Kaitlyn is really like.  Weirdly when the proposal happened, I could easily imagine Shawn and Kaitlyn growing old together.  I couldn't see this with Nick and Kaitlyn.  Shawn and Kaitlyn seem more alike to me.  But then again, Andi and Josh also seemed alike, and that was too much for both of them.

idoiwill

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:32 am

BSkeptical wrote:
idoiwill wrote:
Zinartwo wrote:Hi everyone. Thanks to all who told those from ABC board about this board.

I don't know if this was discussed already. Sorry if it has been. It bugged me when I saw Kaitlyn and Shawn on t.v. I think it was on an entertainment show. They were laughing at Nick and the pain that he went through. I thought it was very mean and uncalled for. They were making fun of how Nick threw the rings when he was in the car leaving. Did anyone else see that or hear about it?
I think that Kaitlyn laughs a lot when she feels uncomfortable.  She also laughs at other people's pain, to try to make light of it.  Finally, I think she love to have the focus on herself, and Shawn.  She was tired of talking about Nick.  This entire season has been about him, or so it seems. 

What's weird to me, is how much more over Nick is of Kaitlyn, compared to how he was with Andi.  He also seems to be much more forgiving of Shawn compared to Josh. 

I felt like the during most ATFR  leads have apologized to the person who came second, and they tried to make them feel better, but both Andi and now Kaitlyn were bristles towards Nick.  It's strange to me.  If I had broken a guy's heart, I would do everything I could to soothe it.  I would be as sweet as I could be.  I would also reach out to them to apologize before ATFR, it's only good strategy.  Andi could have easily avoided the fantasy suite reference, and Kaitlyn could also have easily smoothed things over with Nick.  It's weird to me, how prickly both women were towards Nick. I find him annoying, but I didn't lead him along for an entire season, and I didn't bed him.  He's arrogant, but both Andi and Kaitlyn knew this, and still went for him.

I think you have pointed out quite concisely and quite brilliantly the kind of persons Andi and Kaitlyn are.  They don't do sweet.

Thanks, B. I agree that Kaitlyn should have tried to ease Nick's pain. I thought that she would and instead she did just the opposite. I didn't appreciate her eye rolling either. There she was, sitting as a "winner" with Shawn, another supposed "winner" and looking down on the "loser" Nick. She wasn't so full of herself when she was voted off of Chris' season. At the end of this show, I find that I like Nick better and I don't like Kaitlyn or Shawn very much.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:50 pm

Zinartwo wrote:
I think you have pointed out quite concisely and quite brilliantly the kind of persons Andi and Kaitlyn are.  They don't do sweet.

Thanks, B. I agree that Kaitlyn should have tried to ease Nick's pain. I thought that she would and instead she did just the opposite. I didn't appreciate her eye rolling either. There she was, sitting as a "winner" with Shawn, another supposed "winner" and looking down on the "loser" Nick. She wasn't so full of herself when she was voted off of Chris' season. At the end of this show, I find that I like Nick better and I don't like Kaitlyn or Shawn very much.
I agree - I didn't care much for Kaitlyn or Shawn during the show, but like them even LESS now.
Nick has taken the high road. They sling mud. A "winner" should be gracious, not nasty.
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top