Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   Empty Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Post by idoiwill Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:56 am

It's weird how angry Kaitlyn and Shawn both seemed at Nick.  From my perspective he didn't do that much to warrant her anger, but she seemed pissed.  I understand getting on  with her new life, with her new guy, but she said she loved him etc.  At the end, she also tried to put him in the same category as Ben H.  Sorry, but I don't believe in a hundred years Ben H was going to propose to her.  He was there to get the Bachelor position, but he was never going to  propose to her. 

I think she was angry at Nick because she knew she treated him badly.  I don't think she is good apologizing. 

Nick, however, is very forgiving of her.  Never liked him much, but he's coming out cherries.

idoiwill

Back to top Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   Empty Re: Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:14 am

I personally didn't look at it as being angry at him, so to say but more on the annoyed side. Same as Andi and Josh seemed annoyed with him after.  

Nick has a reputation now for outing people and not keeping anything to himself. If something went down between him and someone he professed to 'love' then in my opinion it needs to stay private and consider everything a lesson learned. By telling the world private things he is not gathering any brownie points with most but villainizing himself even more.

I think when he was talking to Kaitlyn on ATFR that she looked like she was on the edge of her seat wondering just what was coming down the pike to cast her in a bad light...after all, he did it to Andi so she knew something was coming. Since everyone already knew they slept together he couldn't exactly out her for that. So instead he outed her for apparently saying she loved him. That was really no big surprise because this is not the first time that a lead has done that and I'm sure it won't be the last. They usual say things like that to multiple people. He took it to heart and he maybe should have known better than to assume he was the one.

My opinion is that if Nick is really truly looking for a woman to have in his life that he needs to just stay away from this franchise, like he said he was going to do (yeah, right) and just find a nice girl outside of the bubble. Now that he is saying that he would consider being the next Bachelor if asked tells me that he really isn't sincere about it in the first place. Personally I think he is still too despised right now to take that position. A lot of people still don't like him.  
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   Empty Re: Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?

Post by Lesallee Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:35 am

I agree with you, rkc. Kaitlyn seemed more on edge and a bit apprehensive with Nick than angry. He does have a reputation for bombshell comments.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ksvwir12 Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:40 am

I agree with rkc, too.

ksvwir12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:25 pm

I think Kaitlyn was very nervous in front of Nick.  Since there was no "sex-gate" she may have been wondering what he was going to say and how he was going to say it.  Facing your former lover is no walk in the park.  I think anybody would be a nervous wreck.

As for Nick being the Bachelor, I don't think so.  IMHO TPTB are looking for a squeaky clean image, such as how Sean showed himself on his season.  The franchise needs redemption and it's not going to get it with someone so controversial.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeukaMaid Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:41 pm

^^^  I agree - I don't think they want another drama filled season and that is what they would get with Nick.  I know I'm new and maybe I should sit back and read, but I am not a huge Nick fan.  Something about him just doesn't sit right with me.

As for ATFR - I too think Kaitlyn was nervous, and I also think that she was so done with the whole Nick thing.   She had a few months with Shawn and obviously things are going well so I'm sure having to rehash everything would be difficult.  Who wants to have to talk, again, why you didn't love him.  UGH

KeukaMaid

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 pm

I don't believe the show is seeking redemption at all.  I think the show is seeking the 18-39 demographic, and those folks want edgier stuff than a guy who is squeaky clean.  Remember, ratings were UP during Kaitlyn's season, meaning more people watched it and liked it.  I think another high drama season would suit them just fine.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:59 pm

WW -- we will get what TPTB give us.  If we don't like it we will just turn off the TV.  LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:46 pm

As I was watching the ATFR, I was wondering why they spent all the time that they did with Nick and Shawn, discussing the relationship between Nick and Shawn.  It's like ABC was trying to patch up things between them Cheers! to make Nick look better and for a moment I thought maybe they were considering Nick for bachelor.  But he is not well liked by many, so... maybe not.

As for Kaitlyn, I couldn't help thinking Andi gave her a stern warning about what Nick might say at the ATFR. Biting nails lol.  She looked tense.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:52 pm

Lesallee wrote:I agree with you, rkc. Kaitlyn seemed more on edge and a bit apprehensive with Nick than angry. He does have a reputation for bombshell comments.
He did say that she told him she loved him.  Doubtful Shawn was happy hearing that.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:06 am

skt8word wrote:As I was watching the ATFR, I was wondering why they spent all the time that they did with Nick and Shawn, discussing the relationship between Nick and Shawn.  It's like ABC was trying to patch up things between them Cheers! to make Nick look better and for a moment I thought maybe they were considering Nick for bachelor.  But he is not well liked by many, so... maybe not.

As for Kaitlyn, I couldn't help thinking Andi gave her a stern warning about what Nick might say at the ATFR. Biting nails lol.  She looked tense.
Due to the tension between the two of them I assumed they put them together at ATFR to see what would transpire, as in let them face each other and whatever happens will be what happens. I think they were hoping for more drama. Their thoughts are drama sells. As a matter of fact when Nick and Shawn claimed things weren't as bad as they appeared, CH did a quick change of subject.

Something else I found interesting was that when CH was talking to Nick alone, he asked him about how involved the prior relationship was between him and Kaitlyn. When he brought Kaitlyn out to sit with Nick and talk to them both, CH asked the same question to Kaitlyn. It was as if he wanted to see if Kaitlyn would contradict what Nick just said. Just another attempt to add more drama to the show. CH has turned into a bit of a trouble maker at times. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:41 am

There was something Chris said towards the end of that segment to Nick and Shawn that made me think he was trying to cast their relationship, or at least Nick, in a better light.  Something along the lines of a question asking them if it's safe to say ...  now I can't remember the words, and I literally just deleted the episode from my DVR a few minutes ago. Sad  

I actually thought it was interesting when CH asked Nick about his and Kaitlyn's prior relationship, specifically if they talked for hours.  Nick didn't answer that and said they had great conversations (not for hours but long enough for flirtatious and steamy  Blow kisses interchanges lol).  Sorry.  

I agree CH has turned into a bit of a trouble maker!
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:35 pm

I don't think Kaitlyn looked angry, I think she looked like she didn't want to have to deal with that stuff.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   Empty Kaitlyn and Shawn laughing at Ncik

Post by Zinartwo Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi everyone. Thanks to all who told those from ABC board about this board.

I don't know if this was discussed already. Sorry if it has been. It bugged me when I saw Kaitlyn and Shawn on t.v. I think it was on an entertainment show. They were laughing at Nick and the pain that he went through. I thought it was very mean and uncalled for. They were making fun of how Nick threw the rings when he was in the car leaving. Did anyone else see that or hear about it?

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Did Kaitlyn seem angry at Nick at the ATFR?   Empty In a nutshell

Post by waswert Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:32 pm

rkc1960 wrote:I personally didn't look at it as being angry at him, so to say but more on the annoyed side. Same as Andi and Josh seemed annoyed with him after.  

Nick has a reputation now for outing people and not keeping anything to himself. If something went down between him and someone he professed to 'love' then in my opinion it needs to stay private and consider everything a lesson learned. By telling the world private things he is not gathering any brownie points with most but villainizing himself even more.

I think when he was talking to Kaitlyn on ATFR that she looked like she was on the edge of her seat wondering just what was coming down the pike to cast her in a bad light...after all, he did it to Andi so she knew something was coming. Since everyone already knew they slept together he couldn't exactly out her for that. So instead he outed her for apparently saying she loved him. That was really no big surprise because this is not the first time that a lead has done that and I'm sure it won't be the last. They usual say things like that to multiple people. He took it to heart and he maybe should have known better than to assume he was the one.

My opinion is that if Nick is really truly looking for a woman to have in his life that he needs to just stay away from this franchise, like he said he was going to do (yeah, right) and just find a nice girl outside of the bubble. Now that he is saying that he would consider being the next Bachelor if asked tells me that he really isn't sincere about it in the first place. Personally I think he is still too despised right now to take that position. A lot of people still don't like him.  

I think both couples were annoyed with him, not necessarily angry. He is annoying but I don't think he has a clue. I also wonder about what occurs during the time the show stops taping and the finale. An oh my yes -- no more Nick, please. Ever.

waswert

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:51 pm

Zinart wrote:I don't know if this was discussed already. Sorry if it has been. It bugged me when I saw Kaitlyn and Shawn on t.v. I think it was on an entertainment show. They were laughing at Nick and the pain that he went through. I thought it was very mean and uncalled for. They were making fun of how Nick threw the rings when he was in the car leaving. Did anyone else see that or hear about it?
I saw that on Jimmy Kimmel on the same day as the rejection and ATFR aired.  Maybe you saw a replay of it on an entertainment show.  I agree with you.  Somebody said a producer could have had him throw it to him/her in the limo.

I think it was still cold for especially Kaitlyn to say it was "funny" because it occurred during that moment when she had just rejected him.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:05 pm

I agree with you that it wasn't funny! Nick was hurting and upset. I have seen Kaitlyn and Shawn on many interview shows and, to me, they are both very immature and selfish people. Their treatment of Nick is unkind and petty. Nick has taken the higher road in this triad.
Even on the ATFR show he was trying to make peace with Shawn when CH forced them together. Shawn was his usual smug, unyielding, pigheaded, arrogant self.
Shawn's current appearances are proving to me that he is exactly how he was on the series - therefore - he did not receive a "bad edit'. He really is a jerk!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Zinartwo Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:18 am

The more I see of Kaitlyn and Shawn, the less I like them. I never liked Shawn. He is very arrogant and I don't understand why he is. He doesn't seem all that special to me. He is a bully. I think that Kaitlyn chose him because he seemed so crazy about her. I'm still not convinced either that Shawn really is that much in love with her. It seemed as though he was desperate to "win" the show and get his "prize". He wanted so much to beat Nick in this game.

Zinartwo

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:03 am

Zinartwo wrote:The more I see of Kaitlyn and Shawn, the less I like them. I never liked Shawn. He is very arrogant and I don't understand why he is. He doesn't seem all that special to me. He is a bully. I think that Kaitlyn chose him because he seemed so crazy about her. I'm still not convinced either that Shawn really is that much in love with her. It seemed as though he was desperate to "win" the show and get his "prize". He wanted so much to beat Nick in this game.
I'm with you.  They are not coming across as a remotely nice pair, reminding me of Andi and Josh blasting Nick every chance they got and Jillian and Ed badmouthing Ed's girlfriends who were the ones who happened to be telling the truth.  I was glad that Kaitlyn didn't let Nick go through with the proposal so she had redeemed herself in my eyes at that time.  However, her behavior post-show has done me in.  I don't understand Shawn's arrogance either.  He seems below average to me in all respects except his abs.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by idoiwill Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Zinartwo wrote:Hi everyone. Thanks to all who told those from ABC board about this board.

I don't know if this was discussed already. Sorry if it has been. It bugged me when I saw Kaitlyn and Shawn on t.v. I think it was on an entertainment show. They were laughing at Nick and the pain that he went through. I thought it was very mean and uncalled for. They were making fun of how Nick threw the rings when he was in the car leaving. Did anyone else see that or hear about it?
I think that Kaitlyn laughs a lot when she feels uncomfortable.  She also laughs at other people's pain, to try to make light of it.  Finally, I think she love to have the focus on herself, and Shawn.  She was tired of talking about Nick.  This entire season has been about him, or so it seems. 

What's weird to me, is how much more over Nick is of Kaitlyn, compared to how he was with Andi.  He also seems to be much more forgiving of Shawn compared to Josh. 

I felt like the during most ATFR  leads have apologized to the person who came second, and they tried to make them feel better, but both Andi and now Kaitlyn were bristles towards Nick.  It's strange to me.  If I had broken a guy's heart, I would do everything I could to soothe it.  I would be as sweet as I could be.  I would also reach out to them to apologize before ATFR, it's only good strategy.  Andi could have easily avoided the fantasy suite reference, and Kaitlyn could also have easily smoothed things over with Nick.  It's weird to me, how prickly both women were towards Nick. I find him annoying, but I didn't lead him along for an entire season, and I didn't bed him.  He's arrogant, but both Andi and Kaitlyn knew this, and still went for him.

idoiwill

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:04 pm

idoiwill wrote:
Zinartwo wrote:Hi everyone. Thanks to all who told those from ABC board about this board.

I think that Kaitlyn laughs a lot when she feels uncomfortable.  She also laughs at other people's pain, to try to make light of it.  Finally, I think she love to have the focus on herself, and Shawn.  She was tired of talking about Nick.  This entire season has been about him, or so it seems. 

What's weird to me, is how much more over Nick is of Kaitlyn, compared to how he was with Andi.  He also seems to be much more forgiving of Shawn compared to Josh. 

I felt like the during most ATFR  leads have apologized to the person who came second, and they tried to make them feel better, but both Andi and now Kaitlyn were bristles towards Nick.  It's strange to me.  If I had broken a guy's heart, I would do everything I could to soothe it.  I would be as sweet as I could be.  I would also reach out to them to apologize before ATFR, it's only good strategy.  Andi could have easily avoided the fantasy suite reference, and Kaitlyn could also have easily smoothed things over with Nick.  It's weird to me, how prickly both women were towards Nick. I find him annoying, but I didn't lead him along for an entire season, and I didn't bed him.  He's arrogant, but both Andi and Kaitlyn knew this, and still went for him.

I think you have pointed out quite concisely and quite brilliantly the kind of persons Andi and Kaitlyn are.  They don't do sweet.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:14 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
idoiwill wrote:

I think you have pointed out quite concisely and quite brilliantly the kind of persons Andi and Kaitlyn are.  They don't do sweet.
All of this leads me to one big question in my mind which has been brewing there for a while...Is it a coincidence that both of the last Bachelorette's that were involved with Nick and both F1's seemed annoyed with him after and not very sympathetic towards him? Or is there something more there that we don't know and therefore the annoyance sprouts from that?

We do know that Nick reached out to Andi before ATFR and was rejected but did anything else occur? Did he try to reach out to Kaitlyn in anyway that we don't know about? I can't help but think there is more going on that is causing such annoyance just with Nick. I know just from what I have seen that he annoys me so I can't even imagine how he could possibly grate on someone's nerves that has been involved with him. He has such bad luck in relationships for a reason. If he was all that great than he would have someone by now.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:53 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
idoiwill wrote:

All of this leads me to one big question in my mind which has been brewing there for a while...Is it a coincidence that both of the last Bachelorette's that were involved with Nick and both F1's seemed annoyed with him after and not very sympathetic towards him? Or is there something more there that we don't know and therefore the annoyance sprouts from that?

We do know that Nick reached out to Andi before ATFR and was rejected but did anything else occur? Did he try to reach out to Kaitlyn in anyway that we don't know about? I can't help but think there is more going on that is causing such annoyance just with Nick. I know just from what I have seen that he annoys me so I can't even imagine how he could possibly grate on someone's nerves that has been involved with him. He has such bad luck in relationships for a reason. If he was all that great than he would have someone by now.

Anything is possible with these shows.  However, Kaitlyn and Andi are the only ones in control of their reactions to anyone.  Laughing at the other person in interviews and blasting such other person on Twitter are on them not the receiver.  As far as "If he was all that great than he would have someone by now" - we can say that about every person who has ever appeared on this show.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:40 pm

BSkeptical wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
idoiwill wrote:

Anything is possible with these shows.  However, Kaitlyn and Andi are the only ones in control of their reactions to anyone.  Laughing at the other person in interviews and blasting such other person on Twitter are on them not the receiver.  As far as "If he was all that great than he would have someone by now" - we can say that about every person who has ever appeared on this show.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I don't tend to want to paint Andi and Kaitlyn as mean girls just because they have made comments about Nick who basically has deserved a lot of what he has gotten. 

Yes, we can say that many from the Bach Bubble should have someone by now if they were that great. However, many of them were clearly never really about wanting someone but are more into the wanting to be a part of this silly franchise and the 'celebrity' status and group partying that comes along with it. Nick has a tendency to fall for these leads and fall hard to the point that it upsets his family. That is why I made this statement about him in particular. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BSkeptical Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:42 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
rkc1960 wrote:
BSkeptical wrote:
idoiwill wrote:

We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. I don't tend to want to paint Andi and Kaitlyn as mean girls just because they have made comments about Nick who basically has deserved a lot of what he has gotten. 

Yes, we can say that many from the Bach Bubble should have someone by now if they were that great. However, many of them were clearly never really about wanting someone but are more into the wanting to be a part of this silly franchise and the 'celebrity' status and group partying that comes along with it. Nick has a tendency to fall for these leads and fall hard to the point that it upsets his family. That is why I made this statement about him in particular. 

I think Nick and his family takes the whole thing way too seriously.  His Mom looked like she was going to a funeral.  Nevertheless, that doesn't let Kaitlyn off the hook for her behavior.  I saw Andi as a mean girl way before she met Nick.  I don't necessarily see Kaitlyn as a mean girl.  I see her as self-centered without much insight and empathy relative to those around her.  I'm afraid Ian was more right about her than he was wrong about her.

BSkeptical

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top