UnREAL

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UnREAL - Page 2 Empty Re: UnREAL

Post by Ughwhatname Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:20 pm

I love how there is a comparison of the viewer count on the 20+ season of a network show versus the viewer count on a first season show on Lifetime channel.

I wonder if CH had to say those things under duress, or does he really believe what he is saying?

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:21 am

Ughwhatname wrote:According to the poll, as unscientific as it is, the Bach team is at 1.58%.  Team Unreal is above 90%.

Sorry, but I have no idea what this means.  What poll?  What are the teams being rated on?
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:22 am

Ughwhatname wrote:I love how there is a comparison of the viewer count on the 20+ season of a network show versus the viewer count on a first season show on Lifetime channel.

I wonder if CH had to say those things under duress, or does he really believe what he is saying?

I think it's that he wants us to really believe what he is saying.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:04 am

My friend, did you not check the link in the article you posted?

WidderWoman4 wrote:
Ughwhatname wrote:According to the poll, as unscientific as it is, the Bach team is at 1.58%.  Team Unreal is above 90%.

Sorry, but I have no idea what this means.  What poll?  What are the teams being rated on?

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:32 am

Lost.

You can point and laugh if you want.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:08 pm

I hope that Rachel and Adam DO run off together and leave the show without it's final episode. That would be stunning. Wonder what Quinn would do?

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:16 pm

CH is spouting the Company's attempt at damage control and nothing more. He KNOWS for Real how real is UnREAL.

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Quinn & Company have been renewed for another, "edge of your seat season!  Applause

CH will (also) be taking over as Host of "ABC's "Millionaire" this Fall. I think that there will be a lot of former BACH alumni as contestants on the show.  (For charity, of course.)

I could be wrong, but don't really see Millionaire being around for too much longer.
singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:48 pm

Starz wrote:CH is spouting the Company's attempt at damage control and nothing more. He KNOWS for Real how real is UnREAL.

We have to assume CH feels like a gifted magician - and someone has revealed how he accomplished all his tricks.  Laughing This could effectively put him out of work.  Even the host of Everlasting bears a striking resemblance to CH.  Could it truly be coincidence?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:52 pm

singlyme wrote:
Starz wrote:CH is spouting the Company's attempt at damage control and nothing more. He KNOWS for Real how real is UnREAL.

We have to assume CH feels like a gifted magician - and someone has revealed how he accomplished all his tricks.  Laughing This could effectively put him out of work.  Even the host of Everlasting bears a striking resemblance to CH.  Could it truly be coincidence?
I think NOT! ROFL
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

LOL. Love that last sentence. Made me laugh.

CH is definitely trying to do damage control. They've already been outed by people that know the truth so I don't know why they can't be honest. People are not stupid...or should I say MOST people are not stupid. I can't get over the fact that some still take this show at face value. smh
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:07 pm

"We are selling true love, here.  True love, people!" -- Quinn King
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:22 pm

rkc1960 wrote:
LOL. Love that last sentence. Made me laugh.
Thank you - I worked hard on crafting it. Wink
Starz
Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:31 pm

Once I saw the dog following "Chet" around the set on the first episode of UnREAL; there wasn't any doubt about whose 'role' he's playing. Have also seen the innocent soul, (the dog).... in the following episodes as well.

Kinda makes you wanna...barf.

I know.  I know.
singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:43 pm

Read it and weep, CH and Fleiss:

To date, the first three episodes of the provocative drama, which stars Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer, and gives a fictitious behind-the-scenes glimpse into the chaos surrounding the production of a dating competition program, are averaging more than 4.8 million views across all available platforms. (Highlighting mine)

Source: TV by the numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:45 pm

Ughwhatname wrote:Read it and weep, CH and Fleiss:

To date, the first three episodes of the provocative drama, which stars Shiri Appleby and Constance Zimmer, and gives a fictitious behind-the-scenes glimpse into the chaos surrounding the production of a dating competition program, are averaging more than 4.8 million views across all available platforms. (Highlighting mine)

Ha!  LOVE it!
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Ughwhatname Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:13 am

There is a poll in the middle of the article.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:47 am

WidderWoman4 wrote:
Ughwhatname wrote:Read it and weep, CH and Fleiss:

Ha!  LOVE it!
This made me smile. CH, Fleiss, and their cronies look even more foolish now after that rant CH gave.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/07/31/unreal-season-2/

Just found this. This gives us a little to go by next season.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by ATN Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:33 pm

[quote="WidderWoman4"]"We are selling true love, here.  True love, people!" -- Quinn King[/quote]

Best line ever!
ATN
ATN

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:54 pm

'UnREAL’ Cast, Producer Respond To Chris Harrison Diss; Say ‘The Bachelor’ Host's Comments Means He’s Watching

By Rebecka Schumann on July 31 2015 9:31 AM EDT

In case you haven’t heard, “The Bachelor/Bachelorette” host Chris Harrison is not a fan of Lifetime’s “UnREAL.” During a recent taping for “The Bachelorette: Men Tell All,” Harrison, who has hosted the ABC dating competition shows for over a decade, slammed the drama, which takes a inside look at shows such as his, calling it "really terrible." Now, the cast and creator of the new hit series are speaking out about Harrison’s comments.

“Honestly, I was thrilled,” “UnREAL” executive producer Marti Noxon told TVLine at a Paley Center event Thursday. Noxon says Harrison’s dislike for the show is “not surprising” and his comments were appreciated. “It didn’t hurt my feelings,” she said. “Any press is good press.”

Noxon added that Harrison choosing to speak on the series, which follows a suitor, Adam Cromwell (Freddie Stroma), his potential love interests in a fictional dating series called “Everlasting,” and the behind-the-scenes drama with the crew, is “fun.”

“… It was particularly fun,” she said. “I’m like a nerd. The captain of the football team is talking about me, even if he’s saying, ‘Hey, nerd!’”

And it’s not just the show’s production team excited about Harrison’s review of “UnREAL," Shiri Appleby, who plays lead Rachel, a producer on the series who finds herself in a love triangle with Adam and fellow crew member Jeremy (Josh Kelly), says she’s thrilled the controversial show has gained attention. “We’re just happy people are talking about the show,” she admitted.

Constance Zimmer, who plays Rachel’s boss Quinn on the series, says Harrison’s statement is his admission “that he watches it,” despite calling the series terrible. “It’s a win-win,” Appleby reportedly responded to Zimmer's comment.

Harrison spoke to Variety last month about “UnREAL” claiming the show has no viewership and is “complete fiction,” despite being penned by a former associate producer of “The Bachelor,” Sarah Gertrude Shapiro. “As much as they would love to jump on our coattails — they were begging for us to talk about it and for people to write about it — at the end of the day, no one is watching. I mean, absolutely nobody is watching that show," Harrison said. "Why? It is terrible. It is really terrible.”

As previously reported, despite Harrison’s statement, “UnREAL” is doing fairly well in the ratings for a new TV series. The Lifetime network even recently granted the show a 10-episode second season, set to premiere in 2016.

The ball is in your court now, Harrison.

http://www.ibtimes.com/unreal-cast-producer-respond-chris-harrison-diss-say-bachelor-hosts-comments-means-2033475
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:00 pm

Given the previews, it looks possible I called it awhile back.  Will Adam propose to Rachel?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:27 pm

singlyme wrote:Given the previews, it looks possible I called it awhile back.  Will Adam propose to Rachel?
Bigger question is, will she accept?

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Well, c'mon, we know we can't have Adam and Rachel get married, or even engaged.  That would be the end of the show.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:22 pm

Ahh, where is your adventure? I am sure that you, Belle and I could come up with multiple plot lines. The show would just be BIGGER.

Anyway, we know she won't but it is fun to think about the possibilities.
True Love, people!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top