UnREAL

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

UnREAL - Page 3 Empty Re: UnREAL

Post by WidderWoman4 Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:12 pm

Hahaha!  Yes, "true love," indeed.

They'll pressure him into either a sham marriage or a sham engagement.  He said he wouldn't go through with a sham marriage and sounded quite firm on that, so maybe it's only an engagement.  However, some of the previews show Anna (I think) shopping for a wedding dress and Britney returning at just that moment.

We shall see.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:21 pm

He HAS to have a wedding or Quinn will release the sex tape - gasp!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Starz Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:23 pm

He HAS to have a wedding or Quinn will release the sex tape - gasp!

Starz
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:23 pm

UnReal gets more intriguing as the season progresses... much more interesting than Kaitlyn and Shawn's last date!  LOL!
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:03 am

Any sympathy I had for Quinn over Chet's cheating sailed with the last boat when she blackmailed Rachel and Adam.  The woman has no conscience.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BHGma Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks for starting this thread or forum topic, singly! 

A dear friend has been urging me to watch UnReal since it started & I hadn't taken the time to look into it, until yesterday. I was able to watch ALL 9 episodes through my cable provider & I AM HOOKED! I stayed up until after 1:00 this morning. I couldn't stop. lol
BHGma
BHGma

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:00 pm

YAY BHGma!
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BHGma Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:01 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:YAY BHGma!
LOL

I had my moscato & crackers while watching, WW!
BHGma
BHGma

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:19 pm

BHGma wrote:Thanks for starting this thread or forum topic, singly! 

A dear friend has been urging me to watch UnReal since it started & I hadn't taken the time to look into it, until yesterday. I was able to watch ALL 9 episodes through my cable provider & I AM HOOKED! I stayed up until after 1:00 this morning. I couldn't stop. lol
Hopefully, the finale won't involve someone going out with a..... bang!  Wonder who the major players would be with that scenario goin' on?

Love this show  Indeed !
singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by BHGma Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:34 pm

singinintherain wrote:
BHGma wrote:Thanks for starting this thread or forum topic, singly! 

Hopefully, the finale won't involve someone going out with a..... bang!  Wonder who the major players would be with that scenario goin' on?

Love this show  Indeed !

What kind of "bang" are we talkin' 'bout, Willis? Or should I say, Wilhelmina? ;o)
BHGma
BHGma

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:33 pm

Giggle
singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:44 pm

Not only is the actor who plays Chet (the Fleiss character) made up to remind us physically of Fleiss, I just noticed that Chet, like Fleiss, is very attached to his dog whom he takes everywhere with him.  Even Chet's breed of dog is the same as Fleiss's (that dog died recently and Fleiss posted photos and a kind of obituary).
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:49 pm

WidderWoman4 wrote:
Constance Zimmer, who plays Rachel’s boss Quinn on the series, says Harrison’s statement is his admission “that he watches it,” despite calling the series terrible. “It’s a win-win,” Appleby reportedly responded to Zimmer's comment.

Harrison spoke to Variety last month about “UnREAL” claiming the show has no viewership and is “complete fiction,” despite being penned by a former associate producer of “The Bachelor,” Sarah Gertrude Shapiro. “As much as they would love to jump on our coattails — they were begging for us to talk about it and for people to write about it — at the end of the day, no one is watching. I mean, absolutely nobody is watching that show," Harrison said. "Why? It is terrible. It is really terrible.”

As previously reported, despite Harrison’s statement, “UnREAL” is doing fairly well in the ratings for a new TV series. The Lifetime network even recently granted the show a 10-episode second season, set to premiere in 2016.

The ball is in your court now, Harrison.

http://www.ibtimes.com/unreal-cast-producer-respond-chris-harrison-diss-say-bachelor-hosts-comments-means-2033475

Hahaha!  Chris Harrison comes out looking like a petty loser in this one!!  I bet Bach production is glued to the UnReal screen every week.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:52 pm

From Variety magazine 3 days after CH dissed UnReal in the media:

“Bachelor” franchise host Chris Harrison may have told Variety that Lifetime series “UnReal” is “really terrible,” but the cast and creators took his criticism in stride at a Paley Center panel on Thursday.

“It’s completely flattering,” said Constance Zimmer, who plays the aptly named, controlling producer Quinn King in the scripted series, which is based on the drama that goes on behind-the-scenes of a “Bachelor”-style reality dating competition. “It means that we’ve popped the bubble, and he’s watching the show.”

Co-creator and supervising producer Sarah Gertrude Shapiro also had a diplomatic response to Harrison’s takedown. “We were all just like a little flattered that he had watched it,” she said. “We love our show and we’re so proud of it.”
Shapiro, whose short film “Sequin Raze” inspired the Lifetime series, was previously an associate producer on “The Bachelor,” but said her time on the show had virtually no influence on how she chose to depict “UnReal.”

“I’ve been a writer since I was five,” she said. “I had a day job in reality TV, and now that’s my identity somehow. It definitely doesn’t inform what I’m doing at all. Plot-wise the show is 100% fiction. I’m a huge dramatic writer. We sat down to write basically a female ‘Breaking Bad’ and reality TV is a great place to set it. So fortunately I knew how to put up the wallpaper so the wall looked right, but that’s just about it.”

Co-creator Marti Noxon believes that the type of critique “UnReal” presents was “long overdue.” “Reality television deserved this treatment, and it’s long overdue,” she said, adding that Harrison’s reaction was no surprise. “You wouldn’t expect him to be super-psyched about our take on reality television.”

“I will say we do have a character who plays a host, so …” she joked. “But we already showed the host character being pretty despicable in his own right. That’s not based on anything though — we were just playing around.”

Still, despite a general “all publicity is good publicity” attitude, actor Josh Kelly, who plays Jeremy Caner, a member of the behind-the-scenes team, had a sterner message.

“His argument was unfounded,” Kelly said. “It’s just not true. Our show is doing well and has been seen by a lot of people, and so it’s fine. I hope he just keeps watching and he’s open to watching us and liking us and knowing that these guys are all awesome and we’re not trying to ruin his show.”
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

And from the excerpt from the original Variety magazine article copied and pasted below, anyone can see that Chris Harrison is contradicting himself. He likes some parodies but not UnReal.  Newsflash, CH:  they ALL make the show look like the trash fest it is.

While talking to Variety, Harrison acknowledged that he does admire some parodies such as those on “Saturday Night Live” or “The Tonight Show” because they validate the “Bachelor” franchise’s cultural impact.

“You only do that when you are part of the vernacular. Because if not, you can’t make a joke. It’s a sign of respect,” he said. “The way that ‘UnReal’ took it, it wasn’t a sign of respect. They were trying to take it another direction, but it doesn’t work that way.”
Harrison also enjoyed the parody series “Burning Love,” exec produced by Ben Stiller. “I respected that because they used their skills to do that. But ‘UnReal’ is just a really bad attempt, and they got what they deserved, and that is no one is watching the show.”
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:02 pm

“Whether you watched reality television or not before watching our show, I think that it’s going to draw people back to reality television because you’re going to want to watch as a viewer and see if you can spot the manipulation and the editing,  Being far more aware of it now, you might watch the show differently. I don’t think it’ll make them not watch them, that’s for sure.”   -- Constance Zimmer, star of UnREAL.

I guess she doesn't know there's a whole bunch of us here who've been "spotting the manipulation and editing" for quite some time before UnReal ever came on the air.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by Grammarianna Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:23 pm

Oh, and I had to laugh at Chris Harrison's comment that UnREAL was "riding on the coattails" of The Bachelor.

Sorry to break it to you, CH, but that coat was simply unbuttoned to expose the seamy underbelly.
Grammarianna
Grammarianna

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:27 pm

Grammarianna wrote:Not only is the actor who plays Chet (the Fleiss character) made up to remind us physically of Fleiss, I just noticed that Chet, like Fleiss, is very attached to his dog whom he takes everywhere with him.  Even Chet's breed of dog is the same as Fleiss's (that dog died recently and Fleiss posted photos and a kind of obituary).
Welcome!

I posted about this 'coincidence' last week.  (Page 3)  -  Some facets of this show are leaving little room for too many of those!  Indeed

Finale airs tonight - Wonder if it will go out with a....bang  ~
singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by ATN Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:42 pm

[quote="Grammarianna"]

[b]Sorry to break it to you, CH, but that coat was simply unbuttoned to expose the seamy underbelly.[/b][/quote]
Hey Marianna!

You certainly have a way with words!  Love what you wrote!  Can't wait to watch the finale tonight!
ATN
ATN

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:53 pm

The show was full of surprises tonight.  Poor Rachel!  Curious to find out what Jeremy and
her mom are plotting.  Guess we have to wait until next June to find out. Darn
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singinintherain Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:52 am

I think Quinn's going to continue calling the shots. Jeremy and Rachel's Mom might make a few waves, but Quinn will soon take a sinking Rachel under her wing as they make a pact to cover one another in any future situation.  High five

Next Season should  prove to become even more "UnREAL" to the Cast of "Everlasting"...than it will for the viewer!

Popcorn

singinintherain
singinintherain

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:11 am

MAN, that show is dark.  Everyone betrayed everyone, and they'll continue into next season, evidently, given the last scene of Jeremy calling on Rachel's mother.

Singin' certainly appears correct that Quinn will take Rachel under her wing.  It's a sick buddies portrayal, it seems.

I'm completely hooked.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:38 am

Rachel is a puzzle to me.  On one hand, she seems so sadly vulnerable.  On the other, she's cunning and ruthless.

Given the referenced meltdown she had on the previous season, is she headed in that direction again?  If Jeremy hadn't told her there was ugliness inside her, I'd have more easily believed his reaching out to her mother was sincere.

Damn.  These characters seem to have diametrically opposed cores.  Rachel and Quinn successfully bombed Chet for revenge.  And when the two were lying on the chairs at the end, I got the distinct impression that the expression on Rachel's face was hatred for what Quinn had done to her.  Then, she says, "I love you."  Huh?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by WidderWoman4 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:41 pm

Doesn't everyone on this show have a very messed up view of what constitutes love?  That's the premise of Everlasting, of course, but that theme continues through every relationship we've seen.  Rachel's mother wraps "love" around her need, and ability, to control both Rachel and her father.  Quinn knows she's running a love scam on the show, but didn't (at first) recognize that Chet was running a love scam on her.  Chet claimed he loved Quinn but was still getting some on the side.  Rachel betrayed Jeremy who then is getting revenge by cloaking it in "love" when he goes to see her mother.  Adam didn't love Anna but was going to marry her.

Quinn and Rachel understand each other.  Quinn has power over Rachel stemming from the prior year's (unseen by us) meltdown of Rachel and Rachel has power over Quinn by being the best producer Quinn has and can get done what Quinn needs in ways nobody else can.  Really, they can trust each other to see and do what evil needs to be done.  Neither can trust anyone else in quite the same way.

I'm finding this absolutely fascinating.
WidderWoman4
WidderWoman4
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Man, that was brutal but funny all at the same time.

They were able to get revenge on Chet and Adam in a big way. That kind of answers the question as to whether Rachel and Adam's relationship would last into next season. He get's NOTHING but a big goose egg. Anna being in the other side of that confessional was a bit sad even though she needed to hear the truth. Rachel usually seems unsettled when she has to manipulate, like it goes against her nature, but I found it funny how she smiled when she walked away from destroying Adam's plans for the future and his vineyard. Purely getting even.

Quinn finally proving to what's his name that she is the real go getter on this and not Chet was pretty funny even though she is such a manipulator in everything else. Chet folding under pressure was pretty funny.

As to Quinn and Rachel, I think they have such a love/hate relationship and that is why I believe that Quinn told Adam all those things about Rachel is because she didn't want to lose Rachel in so many ways. They will stick together even though Rachel doesn't like so much of what Quinn does.

I think Quinn will come to the rescue next season when Jeremy and Rachel's Mom try to put her away, or whatever their plan is. Rachel's Mom thinks she will be helping her by doing it but Jeremy's character is turning very vindictive in that he is doing it just to get even.

Next season is building up to be awesome!  Yay!
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top