Episode 7 - Finale Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion Empty Episode 7 - Finale Discussion

Post by SLA44 Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 am

Use this thread to discuss episode 7 - the finale.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion Empty Re: Episode 7 - Finale Discussion

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:31 am

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion 929197_640822029364867_143846039_n
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:36 am

That's an adorable picture.  My VCR malfunctioned (again) last night; it must be something I'm doing wrong, so I will have to watch it on the motherboard later.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:03 am

Sorry. I don't buy Marcus and Lacy for one minute. Marcus is too quick to lunge at love. Something's not right with him. Lacy? All that manipulation in the beginning? I think we would've seen another Vienna if Marcus hadn't latched on. I just don't care about either of them.

Michelle and Cody? An unlikely pairing, but I think he'll worship the ground she walks on - as soon as he's done with his daily workout.

Sarah and Robert? One more rejection for her. Jeans and a belt. Come on. Why not porcupine quills or a titanium cup? Just some of the ways someone says "Don't touch." She goes for the belt buckle and he stops her - doesn't say anything about why? This guy wanted the fs to be over. What a dud. I would have liked to see her have that date with Brooks.

Stopped my tape when the "experts" arrived, but I understand I missed some good bloopers and info on the current status of our two couples. I'll have to go back and ffwd to the end.

Oh...it seems AshLee really read the reviews about her mean-eyed laser glare on Sean's season. No meltdown over losing Graham. Does anyone think this coupling was contrived from the get-go?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:38 am

I think the whole AshLee/Graham thing was odd from the beginning. AshLee was being her obnoxious self but I don't think Graham was into her at all. I think he was planning on ditching her on the finale even before Michelle went to speak to him. That whole conversation between Michelle and Graham was so contrived it was ridiculous. The funny part was that AshLee was saying such nice things about Michelle while Michelle was telling it like it is about AshLee. Can you imagine the conversation between the two of them when they see each other again? LOL

About Sarah and Robert, there was much discussion at my house while this was going on. When Sarah starting talking about what happened and Robert said that he was taking it slow with her, my BF started ragging on Sarah and saying that she wanted to get in his pants but Robert wanted to take it slow and there's nothing wrong with that. OMG....really? As I explained to him, no one says you have to have sex in the fantasy suite BUT if you go in the FS and you show that you have ZERO interest in that other person then chances are you don't want the sames things out of a relationship. Even if you don't have sex you still stay up talking to get to know that person even better, you at least touch them when you talk, you want that person to know there is a budding romance there. What you don't do is while that person is in the bathroom blow out the candles, turn out the lights and get into bed with all your clothes on and totally disconnect with the other person. When she reached for his belt all he had to say was he wanted to take it slow with her and he wanted to wait before they had sex.....but if you don't say anything and you just push their hand away then that is saying, "leave me alone, I don't want you in that way". If it all happened the way that Sarah said then why did Robert think it was so great? Mystery to me.

I think Michelle and Cody are cute together but I think that whole indecision thing on Michelle's part was contrived for the camera's. "He's moving too fast. I don't know if I can catch up. Will he fit into mine and my daughter's life? Etc. Etc." But then magically they come back from the overnight date and (queue angels singing) she has an epiphany and all is clear and she suddenly realizes she is in love with him. Let's talk about what it really was about......we had a wild time in the FS and dang! I want more of that! I'm not saying they weren't starting to fall for each other...I'm just saying that the whole story line was weird. I just thought it was kind of tacky that Michelle made it very clear that they had sex....all over the place! Was it necessary to tell the camera guy that she was sore? Was it necessary to talk about Cody's member and how great the sex was and in abundance? At least if she said it, did they have to air all that? Tacky, tacky, tacky....

I do believe that Marcus and Lacy were falling for each other, but I don't think to the degree that they ended up being engaged at the end. Another story for the camera's. Marcus proved on Andi's season that he falls quickly. Is it that he just wants to be married? Does his childhood have him so messed up that he is seeking this to feel whole? I think Marcus seems like a nice enough guy but I just think he needs to question himself as to why he falls so quickly and wants to rush things with women. I still don't like how Lacy portrayed herself when she first showed up....that part is still nagging at me. Why was she playing a balancing act between Marcus and Robert? It could have been that she was more interested in Marcus but she was trying to get him to make more of a move so she could dump Robert. Who knows. But I bet she's glad now that she chose Marcus and not the frigid Robert. LOL. As to the engagement after a short period of time....ummmm....not buying it. It could have been that Marcus approached them about it in his haste and was hoping that Neil Lane would bring on the huge diamonds to boot....hey, why not get a free engagement ring while we're here? Or, it could very likely have been that the producers approached him. We all know how determined they are to have engagements at the end. Did they come to him and say, "Hey, you two seem to be falling in love....would you consider getting engaged before you go home? We'll even throw in a free Neil Lane diamond ring!"
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:01 pm

To add to my above post I just found this article where it talks about the awkward situation with Robert and Sarah:

http://www.examiner.com/article/chris-harrison-talks-awkward-bachelor-paradise-couple-that-s-not-normal

Now Robert is denying he went to bed with his jeans on? Sarah seemed pretty sincere that that is what happened and talked to CH about it off camera. I think it's probably a matter of Robert is getting made fun of for his bedroom attire and is trying to weasel out of it. Just admit you weren't into her that way and move on. Don't add insult to injury and call her a liar. 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I will just comment on some of the discussions on the finale.  

First of all I do not take anything that comes out CH's mouth as fact ~ he is full of it and says what is expected of him to say ~ strictly a company man.

Second I think I'm probably the only one on this board that didn't think Sarah was a sweet little thing and I still don't.  Do I believe her description of what happened in the FS as fact?  NO I don't and isn't it a shame she stooped to saying such degrading things about someone that kept her there for so long and treated her nice along the way.  She should really be embarrassed if what all she said was true which IMO was scripted and was at best half truth.  IMO that was just done to set Sarah up to be on the next season of the BIP.

As far as Marcus and Lacy goes they spent much more time together than the leads on the bach/ette have with any of the contestants on their seasons.  I do believe they did fall in love with each other or were at least falling in love with each other.  They seemed to be a good match and I hope they make it.  I was surprised that AshLee left so quietly and actually seemed to be nice to Graham even though he broke it off with her (whatever it was and I'm still not sure about what was between them). 

With Cody and Michelle I thought they seemed like a mismatched unlikely couple but hey they just might make it.  I think Cody is a very nice man if you can just get past his overly developed muscles which I don't care for.  I think he will treat Michelle and her daughter very nicely.

As far as the TMI as to what went on in the FS I do think that was all TPTB driven and didn't add anything to the show but instead turned people off.

On the other three couples that left before the FS dates, there just wasn't enough time for Tasos and Christy to get to know each other.  I think the same could be said for Zack and Jackie although Jackie didn't seem to really be interested in anyone there.  I didn't think that Graham ever showed much interest in AshLee other than maybe friendship and really didn't understand why he gave her his last rose or accepted her last rose. 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:45 pm

rkc, you and I are on the same page.  Robert should have communicated with Sarah instead of shutting down.

SLA, while I agree with your last paragraph, I'm with rkc on the rest.  I believe Marcus is in love with the idea of being in love.  Of course, he seems happy.  Will the relationship last?  Only as long as Lacy isn't bored or ready to move on.  I think she's the manipulator we first saw when the season began.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Bachelor In Paradise After Show w/ Zack Kalter & Robert Graham Season 1 Episode 7 | AfterBuzz TV

Published on Sep 9, 2014

Subscribe to AfterBuzz TV's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/afterbuzztv

AFTERBUZZ TV – Bachelor In Paradise edition, is a weekly "after show" for fans of ABC's Bachelor In Paradise. In this show, hosts Danny Hoyt, Cathy Kelley, and special guests Zack Kalter and Robert Graham discuss episode 7. From the creator of The Bachelor franchise comes the new summer series, Bachelor in Paradise. Some of The Bachelor's biggest stars and villains are back. They all left The Bachelor or The Bachelorette with broken hearts, but now they know what it really takes to find love, and on Bachelor in Paradise they'll get a second chance to find their soul mates. Contestants will live together in an isolated romantic paradise and, over the course of six episodes, we’ll follow these former bachelors and bachelorettes as they explore new romantic relationships. America will watch as they fall in love or go through renewed heartbreak.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:01 pm

As to the Sarah and Robert issue, I don't tend to think she is making up stories about what happened. When people are hurt by someone that they care about they become very passionate in their speech and give details of what hurt them the most so that person can understand what they did that hurt them the deepest. Do I think that maybe parts of that conversation should have been kept private? Yes, but we know that isn't going to happen when they are filming you. When Sarah was going into detail Robert didn't disagree with her on what she was saying, only said that he was taking it slow with her. What she described was not what most would think as taking it slow....it sounded more like he just wasn't interested. Maybe he wasn't all that interested in the first place. When Robert first got there he was all about Lacy. He seemed hurt when Lacy dumped him for Marcus. Then Michelle only turned her sights to Robert when Marquel dumped her. Don't know whether it was just that he didn't like Michelle or that he didn't want to be her sloppy seconds. Anyway, that was when Sarah was showing interest in him. No one was showing much interest in Sarah up until that point. As much as people in that house were choosing people based on wanting a rose to stay around it could have been that Robert figured if he stuck with Sarah he would be guaranteed a rose until the end. I'm not saying that I don't think he cared about her but there is the possibility that part of it was a coupling out of convenience for him. It just seems odd to me that he seemed all in until CH threw the curve ball in that the remaining couples where going on overnight dates to the FS. Could it be that his lack of desire for her showed up in his actions that night? That he didn't want to start something sexual with her because he didn't want to hurt her by dumping her after they left Mexico? It's starting to sound like it could be a possibility. You have to figure that after the finale aired last night that Robert was lambasted on the social media sights for getting in bed with his pants on. People generally react to embarrassing situations by denying it.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:37 pm

Well I believe Robert when he said that didn't happen about getting in bed with his jeans on.  Sarah was disappointed because of how Michelle was going on about her night with Cody and also Marcus and Lacy had a good time so IMO she was comparing her time with Robert to the others dates.  I personally thought that Michelle gave out far too much information.  I suggest you watch the video I posted above and Robert explained what he was about and he had also explained that to Sarah.  It was not that he was not into Sarah in fact he respected her and wanted to take it slow.  He said nothing but nice things about Sarah and considers Sarah a friend.  You can believe what you want and I can believe what I want and I think that Sarah had embellished what really happened that night because she didn't have the bragging rights as it might be that Michelle had.  JMO  I feel it is just as likely that people will say things that are not true when they are hurt as that they will tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  AshLee blindsiding Sean and the WTA is an example of that and IMO she fabricated that whole scene..
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion 10654841_1522440034639899_1428291255_n
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:42 am

I did a double-take on the lower left photo.  It looks like Sarah's arm hanging off Michelle's body.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:12 pm

I started watching that video yesterday and finished watching it today. I still have a tendency to believe what Sarah said. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Robert is a bad guy. He seems nice enough from what I've seen. I really think a lot of the problem was a lack of communication. This is what I'm assuming from what I saw and what I'm hearing after the fact....Sarah was wanting to take their relationship to the intimacy level whereas Robert wasn't ready for that. Sarah was taking the things Robert was doing as he wasn't interested in her and he was shutting down. I truly believe that the reason he was shocked at her breaking up with him and her being hurt at his actions in the FS is because he didn't have that conversation with her about taking it slow until AFTER the FS. He admits that he was hesitant about going into the FS. He didn't want unnecessary pressure about having sex in the FS. He didn't want either of them to be uncomfortable about the situation. He didn't want to go there and regret it later back home. He stated he simply wasn't ready to go there. The fact that Sarah was expecting more is because she was never told that he had no intention of having sex with her in the FS and he wanted to go slow until later. He said there was a lot of conversation between them that we didn't see in this break up conversation. This would explain why AFTER she broke it off it was only then that she said in her PI that she was starting to second guess that she broke it off too soon. That implies that she didn't know the whole story until after the split.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:37 am

I guess my problem with him isn't that he didn't want intimacy.  It's the way he went about delivering that message.  I appreciate that he didn't just take what he could get and dump her.  But he might have said something about why he was opting out.  If I were Sarah, those "rejection bells" would have been ringing off the hook.  After listening to other two women, I'd imagine those bells got even louder.  They live ten minutes apart.  If he really cared, he'll call her.  On the other hand, I think he's denying the "jeans." Probably a bit embarrasing to admit.  I don't believe Sarah made up what she described.

People on the other board have been discussing Nick's revelation ad nauseum.  Now, they're comparing Michelle to him.  Granted, we got a little TMI from Michelle, but what guy wouldn't be proud that his woman told the world he was a stud in bed?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:22 am

Michelle has always said whatever she thought.  Go back to her time with Brad and how she tried to convince him she was the right one for him.....and on and on and on.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:20 pm

Here is a close-up of Lacy's engagement ring:
Episode 7 - Finale Discussion BxGLmkWCMAAVtDc

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion BxGI_x_CIAAIS_W

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2014/09/09/bachelor-in-paradise-engagement-ring-lacy-faddoul-marcus-grodd/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion BxEDt-aIgAANOqQ
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:24 pm

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion BxDp2ylCAAAt2E3
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:23 am

They are a really cute couple; I hope it works out for them.

Since I have nothing nice to say about Neil Lane rings (far too gaudy for my taste), I will say nothing.

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:22 am

I just never got into Marcus and Lacy.  I couldn't get past her stringing Robert along.  And Marcus just seems to be in love with love.  It will be nice if this union survives, but I don't expect much. 

I don't remember when I last felt an "ah" moment at the end with this franchise.  I might have felt it with Sean and Catherine if the edit had not been so determined to hide the sparks.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:49 pm

From Michelle Money's FB page, Sept. 9th:

So overwhelmed at the love and support that I have been given! It is hard to put into words how I am feeling. I found the most amazing man I have ever met. And I found him in the most beautiful, unique way. It has been about 10 weeks since we wrapped filming. And I can tell you all right now, every single day has been better and better. Cody is hands down the most amazing man I have ever met. His love for me and Brielle is so genuine and so pure. Everyone deserves a "Cody" in their life! Not MY Cody, but "A" Cody! lol! Thank you for making me the happiest woman on planet earth my sweet man! I love you to the moon and back! And thank you for all the sweet messages and comments! We are so overwhelmed with gratitude! xoxo

Pictures from Park City, Utah 9/8/14
Episode 7 - Finale Discussion 10704194_759752117416155_761716717927333904_n

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion 10698457_759757257415641_1837576181226821172_n

Episode 7 - Finale Discussion 994484_759749117416455_9181852009208466265_n

https://www.facebook.com/TheMichelleMoney/posts/760172497374117
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Cool!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:43 pm

Who wants to bet they beat Des and Chris to the altar?

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:58 am

You might be right, newto.  These pics are adorable.  And this little girl does not look like she's mugging for the camera.  She looks happy.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top