Season 18 - Week Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 18 - Week Five Empty Season 18 - Week Five

Post by LadyMustang65 Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Ok, here are the alleged dances and songs for Disney week.  Not the greatest selection they could have chosen but not as bad as it could have been:

Charlie and Sharna – Jazz (“Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” from Mary Poppins)
1-800-868-3412
Danica and Val – Quickstep (“Be Our Guest” from Beauty & the Beast)
1-800-868-3403
James and Peta – Contemporary (“Let it Go” by Idina Menzel, from Frozen )
1-800-868-3402
Drew and Cheryl – Quickstep (“Friend Like Me” from Aladdin)
1-800-868-3409
Amy and Derek – Waltz (“So This is Love” from Cinderella)
1-800-868-3410
Candace and Mark – Samba (“Under the Sea” from The Little Mermaid)
1-800-868-3407
Meryl and Maks – Samba (“I Wan’na Be Like You (The Monkey Song)” from The Jungle Book)
1-800-868-3406
Cody and Witney – Samba (“Hakuna Matata” from The Lion King)
1-800-868-3408
NeNe And Tony – Foxtrot (“Cruella De Vil” from 101 Dalmatians )
1-800-868-3401

I will say that "Let It Go" is now one of my all-time favorite Disney songs, and I'm kinda bummed that Peta got it, and they're doing a contemporary. 

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 18 - Week Five Empty Re: Season 18 - Week Five

Post by SLA44 Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Thank you for the information LadyMustang.  I wonder if that is the order in which they will dance tonight?  If it is I feel sorry Drew having to go after Danica and Val when they both have the Quickstep ~ at least they will have James and Pita in between them with their Contemporary.

I hope they don't have to dress like the movie being that Meryl and Maks got The Jungle Book!  Since I have not seen many of Disney movies the only songs that I am familiar with are the ones from Mary Poppins and Frozen.  maybe once I hear the others I will recognize them.

It should be interesting if nothing else tonight. Cancan dance 
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:44 am

I'm sorry to have missed the Monkey Song from the Jungle Book.  Phil Harris was a great talent.

In seeing some of the posts on the ABC board, it seems Erin is still up to her intrusive and ignorant comments/questions.  Makes me glad I don't have to deal with the hostility I'd be feeling if I had watched.

But, I DO miss Maks!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:24 pm

I was disgusted with the show Monday night.  That song they gave Meryl and Maks was terrible and a very poor choice for the Samba.  They fogged the floor so you could not see Amy's feet or the fact that Derek was probably carrying her around and then Carrie Ann did not deduct points for lifts that were not allowed in that dance when she deducts everyone else ~ simply not fair to the other dancers, she is the first one that has been done for and not the first one with prosthetics to appear on this show.  And there is no way that NeNe should have scored the same as Meryl. 

I was not sorry to see Cody go but was hoping that it would have NeNe first and then Cody this week.  She is scored so much higher this week so it will probably Drew that goes home this week instead of her. Yuck

The only highlights of the night were Danica and Val's dance, James and Peta's contemporary  and watching Meryl and Maks dance to that stupid song.  If and when Maks is gone I'm through watching!!!   
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:00 am

Just realized I never posted my thoughts about last week's show.  I agree with almost everything SLA said, except that song choice aside, my gosh I enjoyed watching Meryl and Maks (okay, mostly Maks - he had that hip thing going on good!!    ).  I thought Danica and Val's quickstep was terrific.  I also thought Candace did well.  Nene was so overscored it wasn't even funny.  I mean, seriously, on what planet do Nene and Meryl get the same scores?  Good grief.  Charlie's dance was really difficult, and I thought he did great, but I did at times find it all a bit too much.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been quite so full of content that it seemed rushed at times.  I thought everything did okay, but agree that there was little content again with Amy, and I hated that fog machine.  Just on their rehearsal footage alone Nene should have gone home last week, and I hope she goes this week.  When she snapped her fingers in Tony's face, I was hoping he'd tell her she's not all that and a bag of chips.  I was annoyed that James and Peta got the first perfect score of the season.  That contemporary was okay, but the special effects were the best part of it.  And if you've seen the movie, the dance made no sense.  Elsa never had a love interest, so it was just all wrong.  Not to mention the song isn't about love at all really.  Oh well.  Over all, I had fun watching it, but as often happens, the judges were on crack or something because the scores mostly made no sense at all. 

Just had to add that Maks was fabulous in his dance.  It was a weird choice, but boy did he look like he was having fun with it, and those hips were just mesmerizing.  I had to agree with Donny's comment to Maks that he needed to tone it down a bit so people could watch Meryl.  She was great too but boy was Maks fun to watch!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top