Elizabeth and Val – Quickstep

Brant and Peta – Jive

Bill and Emma – Quickstep

Jack and Cheryl – Jive

Leah and Tony – Salsa

Derek and Amber – Paso Doble

Snooki and Sasha – Samba

Corbin and Karina – Cha Cha Cha

I think we could see some really good dancing tonight.  I think Elizabeth should do well with the Quickstep, Amber I think will be able to handle the Paso, Snooki should be able to do a creditable Samba, and Corbin should do well with the Cha Cha Cha.  My opinion anyway - we'll see.  I'm not sure about Brant and the Jive - he should be able to handle the energy; I just don't know if he'll be sharp enough in his moves.  Bill could go either way with the Quickstep.  He usually does fairly well in hold, but will he be able to keep up?  I'm not expecting a lot from Jack and the Jive or Leah and the Salsa.  I don't know if Jack is capable of the energy and stamina needed for the Jive.  If Leah can loosen up, I think she could do a fun Salsa, but that's a big "if."  She hasn't been terribly loose so far, but she did say in an interview this week that she's learning to have fun with the dancing, and that's a definite requirement for the Salsa.

Tonight is also the team dances.  Not sure where these names came from - maybe they'll make sense when we know the songs?

Team Bon Bom:
Elizabeth and Val
Nicole and Sasha
Leah and Tony
Bill and Emma

Team FoxingAwesome:
Amber and Derek
Corbin and Karina
Brant and Peta
Jack and Cheryl

So with the judges' two top favorites on same team, does anyone think Team BonBom has a chance at winning?  Oh, the suspense! 

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 17 - Week 7 Empty Re: Season 17 - Week 7

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Well, that was interesting.  I'm not really sad to see Snooki gone - she bugged.  But I did feel momentarily bad for her, as she seemed genuinely upset to be leaving.  Corbin, Elizabeth and Amber were the best of the night for me.  I thought Leah did a good job with the salsa.  Bill's Quickstep may have been even slower than Chaz's, but I thought he did a decent job with it.  Jack's jive didn't really impress me that much.  A 10?  It was decent but not great.  Brant was also decent but not great.  And I didn't think this was Snooki's best night either, even though the judges seemed to think it was great.

Team dances went as expected.  Team Derek wins . . . again.  Next season just let them pick teams and then give Derek's team a 10 and the other team a 9, and they don't even have to bother to dance.  I thought the BomBom team was awesome.  I loved the concept for the dance and thought they were having a lot of fun with, so I was having fun too.  The Fox team were probably better technically, but overall I thought their dance was very similar to the video and not as much fun.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:41 am

And I forgot to mention - Cher as a judge?  Really?  I mean I love me some Cher, but in what world is she qualified to judge ballroom dancing?  If they've got to have stunt casting as judges, at least get someone with credibility.  Julianne knows what she's talking about.  Maks, Jonathan, Anna, Charlotte Jorgensen from Season 1 - they know what they're talking about.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:16 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:Well, that was interesting.  I'm not really sad to see Snooki gone - she bugged.  But I did feel momentarily bad for her, as she seemed genuinely upset to be leaving.  Corbin, Elizabeth and Amber were the best of the night for me.  I thought Leah did a good job with the salsa.  Bill's Quickstep may have been even slower than Chaz's, but I thought he did a decent job with it.  Jack's jive didn't really impress me that much.  A 10?  It was decent but not great.  Brant was also decent but not great.  And I didn't think this was Snooki's best night either, even though the judges seemed to think it was great.

Team dances went as expected.  Team Derek wins . . . again.  Next season just let them pick teams and then give Derek's team a 10 and the other team a 9, and they don't even have to bother to dance.  I thought the BomBom team was awesome.  I loved the concept for the dance and thought they were having a lot of fun with, so I was having fun too.  The Fox team were probably better technically, but overall I thought their dance was very similar to the video and not as much fun.
I also felt bad there for a minute or two for Snooki.  I didn't think Jack's jive was worthy of a 10, either.  I agree with your choices for best of the night, and also on how Leah and Bill did.

Yeah, Derek wins again . . . sigh! . . . I loved the Bom Bom team dance. Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:18 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:And I forgot to mention - Cher as a judge?  Really?  I mean I love me some Cher, but in what world is she qualified to judge ballroom dancing?  If they've got to have stunt casting as judges, at least get someone with credibility.  Julianne knows what she's talking about.  Maks, Jonathan, Anna, Charlotte Jorgensen from Season 1 - they know what they're talking about.
I agree - Cher as a judge?  Huh?  I like Cher, too, but I don't think she's qualified to be a judge here.  It would be interesting to have Maks as judge.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:49 am

I watched but have not been able to sit and type.  It won't be for long today either.

All I remember of last week is that Amber had the standout dance for me.  And Jack's neck and arms bother me.

I know Cher isn't recognized as a dancer - but didn't she play one in Burlesque???  LOL.  Kidding.  I have no idea what her qualifications are.  No better than Ellen on American Idol, I suppose.  Perhaps she has something to plug.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top