Magazine Articles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Magazine Articles Empty Magazine Articles

Post by SLA44 Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:50 pm

People magazine came out with an intro to the new bachelorette today. 

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20798328,00.html

Magazine Articles Andi-300
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Magazine Articles Empty Re: Magazine Articles

Post by SLA44 Mon May 12, 2014 6:20 pm

Here is a new article from US Today:

Magazine Articles 2ujidmo

Chris Harrison gives us a 'Bachelorette' sneak peek

A new season of ABC's The Bachelorette kicks off May 19 (9:30 p.m. ET/PT) with Andi Dorfman, an assistant district attorney from Atlanta, in the driver's seat.

She'll start with 25 hot guys wooing her.

One of them, sadly, is Eric Hill, the Brigham Young University graduate who died after a paragliding accident in Utah on April 23, at age 31. He had completed filming the show and we will see him introduce himself to Andi on the first night, flashing a smile and talking about his travel adventures. He had been on a trek dubbed "The Global Odyssey" — also known as "GO With Eric" — to travel to every country in the world in fewer than 1,200 days.

"It was a horrible, tragic accident," says host Chris Harrison. "Everybody really enjoyed having him on the show. I know, from speaking to his family after, that it was a real positive experience for him." And, says Harrison, "He makes a big presence. Andi really likes him early on."

Harrison says that it "wouldn't have made sense" to edit him out. "That would have seemed disrespectful." Still, he figures that "no matter what we do, some people aren't going to like it. We're really trying to do the right thing. We've tried to delicately handle it without taking advantage. It's an homage to him."

MORE: 5 guys to watch on 'The Bachelorette'

Along with the 25 men, we'll also get to see one "party crasher" as one Andi wooer-wannabe shows up unannounced on the first night at the Bachelorette mansion. Security stops him and Harrison is called to investigate.

Oh please, that sounds like a set-up, doesn't it?

"People might say, 'Come on,'" says Harrison. He was skeptical, too. "We called all the producers in, like someone had pulled a fast one on all of us. I swear to you, everyone promised they had nothing to do with this."

The one hint about the crasher that Harrison will give is that "this person knew where this was and had a knowledge of how we do things."

He says the crasher reflects Andi's appeal. "I don't know if we've ever had such a professional, driven businesswoman as our bachelorette before. The show takes on the form of whoever is leading it. For Andi, it took on the form of a very strong, driven woman."

Harrison says he told Andi that she reminded him of actress Julia Louis-Dreyfus. She was afraid he meant her potty-mouthed Veep character. But what he meant was, "You want to be friends with her. You want to be around her. The guys this season feel that way. So many guys started falling for her right off the bat."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/05/12/new-bachelorette-season-sneak-peek-andi-eric-hill-party-crasher/8899015/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Mon May 12, 2014 6:32 pm

Here is another new article from US Today:

5 hot 'Bachelorette' guys to watch

Magazine Articles Vzdb20

With Andi Dorfman, a 26-year-old assistant district attorney from Atlanta, as the 10th Bachelorette, the stakes have been raised. " I don't know if we've ever had such a career accomplished woman," says host Chris Harrison. "It changes the focus of the show."

And it changed the caliber of guys who applied to be on it, he says. "It wasn't due to the fact that we did anything different. It's just that she is a catch. So we have a lot of strong, professional men from a lot of different walks of life. It's a dynamic group. Andi said it, 'It's an embarrassment of riches.'"

MORE: Sneak peek from Chris Harrison

Harrison says the season is dedicated to Eric Hill, the travel adventurer contestant who died in April after a paragliding accident but remains "a big presence" on the show, as his scenes were taped before the accident.

But beyond Hill, Harrison says there are five standout, stand-up guys to watch. Here they are (shown in the photo from left):

1.Andrew Poole, 30, Culver City, Calif.: "Cocky, confident media marketer. He loves living life fast. He's a big car enthusiast. The big question is: Will he slow down long enough to really give this a chance?"

2.Chris Soules, 32, Arlington, Iowa: "I think people are going to very much fall in love with this guy. He's a small-town farmer from Iowa, fourth-generation land baron. If you say he's just a farmer, you're missing it. He's a millionaire. Very good-looking guy. He really wants to find a wife and live the American dream."

3.Marquel Martin, 26, Las Vegas: "He's a sponsorship salesman. He works for the UFC. He's this tall, dark handsome guy. He comes off as the tough guy but he is a charmer and definitely becomes a house favorite because he's a very sweet dear guy. One of those guys everyone is really going to fall for. And, oh yes, he's a cookie connoisseur."

4.Dylan Petitt, 26, Boston: "Great-looking guy. Easy-going demeanor. He's kind of one of those guys who appear to have it all, looks charisma. But he has some big painful secrets from his past. Will he be able to overcome those?"

5.Josh Murray, 29, Atlanta: "Former pro baseball player ... Is he coming all around the world only to realize what he was looking for was 10 minutes down the road?" 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2014/05/12/chris-harrison-5-hot-bachelorette-guys-to-watch/8901137/

Last edited by SLA44 on Wed May 14, 2014 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Tue May 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Was 'Devastated' by Eric Hill's Death

With the premiere of The Bachelorette just days away, Andi Dorfman spoke to PEOPLE about the tragic death of contestant Eric Hill, who was killed in a paragliding accident April 23, after he had left the show. 

"When I heard the news, I was devastated," says Dorfman, who also reached out privately to Hill's family. "Shock, devastation, grief. It's something you never could have predicted [or] expected." 

Hill, who will not be edited out of episodes, "was part of our family," Dorfman says. "And I had just seen him. He was a member of our cast and we had an inherent bond. The [other contestants] shared that bond too. It was shocking and devastating to all of us and it's still a tough thing that we're going through." 

For her part, Dorfman will keep fond memories of the adventurer and extreme sports enthusiast. 

"I will always remember Eric's love for life," she says. "People say, 'Oh he lived life to the fullest.' But Eric really was the epitome of someone who lived life to the fullest. This man had amazing stories and great experiences. His sense of adventure inspired not only me, but every guy in the house, every producer, every crew member. Everybody says they want to do stuff in their life but he was really doing it." 

It's a bittersweet lesson and one of many Dorfman will take away from her Bachelorette journey. 

"I learned that I'm a lot softer than I thought I was," she says. "I knew I had a tough shell, but I'm a softie inside." And as far as finding a fairytale ending? "I am happy," Dorfman says. "I'm excited for everyone to see how this turns out." 

http://www.people.com/article/bachelorette-andi-dorfman-devastated-by-eric-hill-death?xid=rss-fullcontent
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 14, 2014 3:22 pm

Meet Atlanta’s Andi Dorfman, the latest ‘Bachelorette’ returning to ABC May 19

• 2:40 pm Wednesday, May 14th, 2014 by Rodney Ho

Andi Dorfman doesn’t consider herself an idealistic pie-in-the-sky romanticist.

In fact, the 27-year-old Buckhead resident is a gang prosecutor and assistant district attorney in Fulton County, not a job for a wallflower.
Magazine Articles Andi-dorfman-2014
THE BACHELORETTE – “Episode 1001″ – In the premiere episode, 25 eligible men come from all over to try and win Andi’s heart. Her nervousness melts away as soon as she begins to meet the bachelors, who are just as anxious and excited as she is, on the tenth edition of the female version of 

ABC’s popular romance reality series, “The Bachelorette,” premiering on MONDAY, MAY 19 at a special time (9:30-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network. (ABC/Rick Rowell)

ANDI DORFMAN

But Dorfman has fully embraced the concept of falling in love on reality TV, starring in the ABC show “The Bachelorette,” which returns for its 10th season tonight at 8.

“I am excited to see the journey I lived play out on camera,” Dorfman said in a recent interview soon after she finished taping. She wouldn’t say whether she picked a man to marry or not, but the 25 men she picks from are almost universally physically attractive and brave (or foolhardy) enough to seek love in front of the cameras.

She said she was only an intermittent “Bachelor” watcher over the first 17 seasons (“The girlie part of me loved the rose, the getaways, the romance, even if it was a little cheesy,” she said.) Her girlfriends last year cajoled her into showing up for a casting call in Atlanta.

Much to her surprise, ABC liked her and placed her into the pool of 25 women seeking Juan Pablo Galavis‘ heart in the season that aired earlier this year. Ultimately, she and Galavis connected enough for her to make it to the final four. He even met her family in Atlanta.

Despite his charming demeanor, Dorfman found Galavis’ communication skills lacking. She dumped him before he had a chance to drop her, which endeared her to many of the viewers. ABC producers typically pick the next “Bachelorette” from the pool of contestants on “The Bachelor” who didn’t get a proposal. They asked Dorfman.

“I was only expecting to stay a couple of weeks,” she said. “It was very flattering. At first I said, ‘I don’t know if you want me. I’m kind of boring!’ “
The Fulton County District Attorney’s office granted her the time off to tape both shows but didn’t force her to leave her job.
“I’m glad I wasn’t given an ultimatum” of the job or the show, she said. “I couldn’t be more appreciative.”

She said she’s had long-term relationships in the past but none of them clicked when it came to marriage. She is ready to find the right man. She wants a guy who is cool with her career aspirations, communicates well and wants a family. Otherwise, she said she didn’t want to create an exacting list of requirements
One of the 25 bachelors is University of Georgia quarterback Aaron Murray’s older brotherJosh.
Dorfman, who grew up in the Alpharetta/Johns Creek area, wouldn’t convey her feelings about any particular bachelors, but Murray has a couple of factors going for him.

Murray, who played a couple of college football games for the Bulldogs, also lives in Atlanta. Plus, Dorfman’s parents and older sister Rachel attended UGA . Dorfman graduated Louisiana State University in 2009 and received her law degree from Wake Forest in 2012.
Another candidate Eric Hill died in a paragliding accident after he left the show but before taping was over. Clearly, he was not in the final round. But Dorfman, in an earlier press conference, said “it was crushing, devastating whenever you lose somebody you know. He became part of the family.”

Chris Harrison, the host of the show, offers a dedication to Hill in the opening moments of Monday’s episode, which I screened.
On the show, she said, “I love my job. I love the challenge every day. I love fighting crime… It’s fun. It’s empowering. Leaving is very difficult for me.”

But then she offers up that romantic side of her, while images of her at Piedmont Park are shown: “I get a second chance at this insanely amazing opportunity. This is my shot at love and enjoying my life with somebody.

http://radiotvtalk.blog.ajc.com/2014/05/14/meet-atlantas-andi-dorfman-the-latest-bachelorette-returning-to-abc-may-19/

Last edited by SLA44 on Wed May 14, 2014 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Bachelorette Andi Dorfman is Looking for a Family Man

Posted on 05/14/2014 by Elizabeth in The Bachelorette and Cast InterviewsGeneral News

Magazine Articles Andi-dorfman-bachelorette
A few months ago, we watched Andi Dorfman ditch The Bachelor, Juan Pablo, just a week before the Final Rose ceremony. Now, the gorgeous brunette will meet 25 handsome bachelors next week on the premiere of The Bachelorette Season 10. " I saw him [Juan Pablo] obviously After the Final Rose, and he did wish me luck which was appreciated, but you know, it's in the past," Andi adds she's "ready to move past all this and start my own journey." Reality Wanted had the chance to catch up with Andi, and she gave us the scoop on the upcoming season.

Monday night, we'll finally see Andi in The Bachelorette premiere, essentially on 25 blind dates with perfect strangers. Whether or not that's a good thing, Andi tell us, "I definitely think it's better to know nothing about them," explaining, "Because I wanted them to be on a clean slate; this is my one opportunity to really do this, and do it right."

Andi admits that she likes a guy that is "a family oriented person...Also just a guy that's strong, and confident, but he's also able to vulnerable and share his emotions with me."  However, "A deal breaker for me is probably if someone just absolutely doesn't want to have a family."

In the rare instance of success from the dating competition, Andi was able to talk to a couple of the previous cast members who did find that happily ever after. "I actually got to talk to Chris and Dez and Catherine and Sean, and After the Final Rose, and got some last minute secret advice from them which definitely helped me and was definitely appreciated."

Without getting into details, Andi says she had an "amazing experience" on The Bachelorette. "I don't think I ever could've imagined, exactly what it would be. It was incredible I will say that. It was, at times, definitely more tiring than I had anticipated...it was just truly like a once in a lifetime experience for me,"

The season premiere of The Bachelorette Season 10 airs on May 19th on ABC.

Photo courtesy of ABC/Craig Sjodin

http://www.realitywanted.com/newsitem/6906-bachelorette-andi-dorfman-is-looking-for-a-family-man#.U3PCqPldVGN
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 14, 2014 4:23 pm

Interview: The Bachelorette Andi Dorfman Speaks About Eric Hill, Her Journey and Much More!

Posted by Shari May 14th, 2014 | 0 Comments »

Did you end up finding love on the show?  I am very happy. There are a bunch of great guys. I am excited for everyone to see this journey.

How did you feel when the first limo pulled up?  My heart was pounding. I didn’t know if I would faint, if I would be able to talk.

You got such a positive response from America, are we going to see you give a guy the boot this season?  People were left with the impression that I was a tough, no nonsense girl. This season people will see a softer, more vulnerable side of me.

Your dad was a big hit last year. What was his attitude with the guys?  It’s a different position for him to be in. My dad is a reasonable guy, but he is always going to be my dad and he is always going to be protective.

Last minute advice from your Dad?  He said, ‘Pick the right one.’

What type of guy were you looking for?  I was looking for a family oriented person. Also just a guy who is strong and confident but can also be vulnerable.

Every season some guys turn out to be there for the wrong reason. How do you know who to trust?  I try to go with my instincts. I went with my gut.

Do you think it’s better or worse that you know nothing about them before meeting them?  For me, I think it’s better not knowing a single thing about any of these guys.

Did you discuss religion with any of the guys?  I definitely did. Religion, social values. Every day things that are important in a relationship.

Are you looking for intellectual chemistry?  I am looking for the whole package. Intellectual and physical chemistry.

How did your experience with The Bachelor effect your role as The Bachelorette?  This can be a quick process or you can really get to know people. I told all of the guys at the 1st cocktail party that ‘I will be an open book for you. I don’t know how this will play out but I promise you nothing is off limits.’

What were your thoughts on Juan Pablo?  I saw him After the Final Rose and he wished me luck. It’s hard to forget Juan Pablo, but I am on my own journey right now 

Initial reaction to the news of Eric Hill’s death?  We are all trying to figure out how we handled it. You can imagine the shock and devastation we felt. Our number one priority is to honor his legacy.

Did you have any deal breakers going into the season?  I was open. A deal breaker for me is if someone doesn’t want a family.

Do you think there is a better chance of finding love on The Bachelor or The Bachelorette?  As a woman, it feels good for the guy to pursue the woman. It works both ways, if there is love or that connection – then its going to work.

Are you more of a long term relationship girl or do you usually just date around?  I’ve been more of a long term relationship girl. I’ve always dated kind individuals and loved their family.

How did you stay grounded throughout the experience?  I worked out as much as I could.  It’s go, go, go all the time. So I worked out to get my moments of solitude.

Any plans on changing your career?  I love my job, I love what I am doing. I worked really hard to get where I am. They held my position, I plan on going back for now.

Do you believe in love at first sight?  I do believe in it. It’s a romantic idea and a great idea. I do believe in it.

We will be recapping The Bachelorette, so be sure to come back and see what happens this season on The Bachelorette.

http://haveuheard.net/2014/05/interview-bachelorette-andi-dorfman-speaks-eric-hill-pablo-journey-religion/2/
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm

The Bachelorette' star Andi Dorfman: I am very happy with the show's outcome, I want everybody to see it!

By Elizabeth Kwiatkowski, 05/14/2014 

The Bachelorette's tenth season starring Andi Dorfman will premiere Monday, May 19 at 9:30PM ET/PT on ABC. 

Andi, a 27-year-old assistant district attorney from Atlanta, GA, will begin her quest to potentially find love with one of 25 eligible suitors. After Andi rejected The Bachelor's eighteenth-season star, Juan Pablo Galavis, she's truly ready to find a genuine "great love." 

During a Wednesday conference call with reporters, Andi talked to Reality TV World about whether she found love on the show, how she feels about Eric Hill's tragic death, what she feared during the process, and whether she'd be willing to move for a man. Below is what she had to say.  

Reality TV World: Did you end up finding love on The Bachelorette and could you tell us if you're happily engaged? 

Andi Dorfman: You're making it hard from the beginning, huh?! (Laughs) I like that! I can say I'm very happy. I'm happy that I got to meet a bunch of guys, a bunch of great guys. And, you know, we just got done filming, so I'm really excited to put it out there. I want everybody to see this journey. 

Reality TV World: I've read that Eric Hill's tragic death really devastated you and the show's cast and crew. What was your initial reaction to the news and are you nervous to watch the season unfold and relive those memories you had with Eric? I can only imagine that would make your viewing experience difficult rather than enjoyable like I'm sure you thought it would be. 

Andi Dorfman: I mean, there were a lot of mixed emotions. I think we're all trying to figure out how to handle this, because it's obviously something that's never come up. You can imagine how much shock and devastation everyone felt. It's something we never expected and something we never could've predicted. It's been really hard on us. 

I know that we're all kind of wondering how to play this out, and I know that our No. 1 goal and our No. 1 priority is to respect Eric and honor his legacy. I don't want to talk too much about what our initial reactions were. 

I'd rather spend the time talking about who Eric was, and he was a guy who really lived life to the fullest and inspired all of us. I think he should be remembered for that versus necessarily how each and every one of us reacted or responded. 

Reality TV World: After nearly falling in love with Juan Pablo on The Bachelor and then seeing a different side to him in the fantasy suite so late in the game -- a side that offended and insulted you -- were you afraid something similar might happen on The Bachelorette? I don't know if you worried a guy might seem like Mr. Wonderful and you begin falling for him only to realize his true colors later on when the cameras aren't on or he flips a switch. 

Andi Dorfman: Of course. I mean, that was a huge fear of mine throughout this journey. I felt like I knew each and every one of these guys that was on this show, you know, I took the time to get to know them. So, even though I was getting to know them, even though I felt like I knew who they were, that scared me to death in the back of my mind. 

Reality TV World: Would you be willing to move for love or are you pretty much situated in Atlanta for good because of your job? 

Andi Dorfman: I love my job in Atlanta and it would take a lot for me to move. But I'm open, you know, I came here to be open. I came here to go on this journey to find love, and if love means going somewhere else and that's the only way to do it, then I'm open to that. 

Also during Andi's call with reporters, the upcoming The Bachelorette star discussed what qualities she was looking for in a potential husband, whether she ever felt betrayed or lied to, and whether she understood Juan Pablo a little better after actually starring in a reality dating series. 

You got such a positive response from America for your no-nonsense approach and you left The Bachelor on your own terms. Are we going to see any of that this season? Are there any similar moments where you kind of give a guy the boot? 

Andi Dorfman: I think America was probably left with the impression that I was, you know, a tough, no-nonsense girl, which is partially true. But I definitely think this season, you're going to see a softer side of me. I think I was a lot more vulnerable than I ever thought I could be, and I liked that. I've got a little bit of a softer side to me, I'm not going to lie! 

Your dad was a big hit last year when he was featured in the hometown dates. What was his attitude towards the guys? Was he similar to the way he was with Juan Pablo or was he more open to the dating process with you? 

Andi Dorfman: I think my dad was definitely more open to the dating process. He knows -- it's a different position for him to be in certainly. He doesn't have his daughter as one of four, sort of, contestants on it. 

So, it's definitely different, but my dad's actually a very reasonable guy and he's going to be reasonable with whoever he meets. So you'll see a little softer side to him for sure, but he's always going to be my dad and he's always going to be protective. (Laughs) 

What qualities were you looking for in a guy going into the process?  

Andi Dorfman: I was definitely looking for a guy that was a family-oriented person. I'm the type of girl that definitely wants a family one day, and that's important for me to see in a future mate. Also, just a guy that's strong and confident but he's also able to be vulnerable and to share his emotions with me. I think communication is something I was definitely looking for in a guy coming into this. 

Every season, some guys turn out to be on the show for the wrong reasons. Did you ever feel betrayed or lied to by some of the guys and how did you know whom to trust? 

Andi Dorfman: As far as who to trust, I definitely just tried to go with my instincts. I thought about things; I got to know each one of these guys really well before I ever had to eliminate them. So, I think I just went with my gut and kind of figured out who was more serious and who wasn't ready for all of this. 

The season premiere is like watching 25 simultaneous first dates and blind dates often don't come with good reviews. From your experience, do you think it's better or worse that you knew nothing about these guys before you met them? 

Andi Dorfman: I definitely think it's better to know nothing about these guys. I didn't want to know a single thing. I didn't even want to know a single name stepping out of that limo, because I wanted everybody to be on a clean slate. 

This was my one opportunity to really do this and do it right, and for me, that definitely meant not knowing a single thing about a single one of these guys -- not even knowing how many were coming the first night. 

Was there a moment or place from this season of The Bachelorette that really stood out or stayed with you? 

Andi Dorfman: I would say there were definitely some moments and experiences that took my breath away. We visited some unbelievably gorgeous countries, really just romantic and amazing places that I was blown away by, absolutely. 

Now that you've been through the process of starring on The Bachelorette, do you find Juan Pablo a little bit more relatable? Can you understand where he was coming from a little better now that you've been on the other side of things? 

Andi Dorfman: I mean, it's definitely tougher than I thought, you know? It's not easy to kind of play host and be responsible for a lot of people. I think I learned a lot last season, and my goal this season was to really just make sure I knew as much about each and every one of these individuals as I could. 

That was something that I took from last season and kind of took it in a positive way. I just made sure I really got to know each of these guys, but it's definitely tougher to be on the other side. 

Check back with Reality TV World soon for more from Andi's interview.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/the-bachelorette-star-andi-dorfman-i-am-very-happy-with-show-outcome-i-want-everybody-see-it!-16319.php#f4GetkuZa6DAEQog.99
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top