Pre Season

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre Season Empty Pre Season

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:12 pm

Some news for Season 18:

Brooke Burke Charvet is out as co-host to be replaced by Erin Andrews, who came in third partnered with Maks in a previous season.

Also out is Harold Wheeler and the band to be replaced by a smaller electric band.

I'm okay with Erin Andrews as a new co-host.  I didn't dislike Brooke but I didn't think she was the world's greatest co-host either.  But I am a bit disturbed by the removal of the larger band.  This is still ballroom dancing, and it really lends itself well to the larger orchestra.  I'm not sure I'm all that jazzed about the idea of an "electric band."

Cast announcement is set for March 4 on GMA.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Pre Season Empty Re: Pre Season

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:07 am

I guess we shall see if the new band can provide the kind of music that is needed for this show.

The over-all impression I get is that this show is struggling.  Hopefully the cast will reveal people more interesting than Bruce Jenner, who is rumored to be a "star."

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:40 pm

The rumor I heard that I hope is true is Jaclyn Smith.  She would be wonderful.  Other rumors include NeNe Leakes (don't know her - apparently another "Housewife"), Meryl Davis and Charlie White (Olympic Gold medal ice dancers  - that would be beyond awesome), Rangers' Sean Avery, PLL Shay Mitchell and Candace Cameron Bure. 

On the pro front, the rumors are crazy - Derek is in, Derek is out, Derek is in again.  Ditto with Maks - I really hope the rumors are true that he is back.  Word is Tristan is out this season - boo!  Hope that's wrong.  Val, Tony, Mark and Henry are supposed to be on.  For the females - Cheryl, Karina, Peta, Emma, Sharna, Witney.  Really show?  Witney as a pro?  Ugh.  Just ugh.  No Kym?  No Chelsie?  No Lacey?  No dancers we'd actually want to see?    Peta again . . . also   Don't care for her much.  Yay on Cheryl, Karina, Sharna and Emma, though.

Another rumor is that they may go back to two nights.  I'd like that if it means we get back the behind-the-scenes glimpses and the confessionals.  Those were fun.  Oh, and almost forgot . . . rumor is that Jenna Johnson from SYTYCD will be in the troupe this season.  I know a lot of folks didn't like her on the show, but she was one of my favorites.  I'd rather see her as a pro than Witney, though. 

Anyway . . . good times!  Only 2-1/2 weeks til the premiere!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:09 pm

NeNeLeakes?  Yes, she is one of those "housewives" and she also had a whole show devoted to her wedding, which was way over the top.

My only comment is:   Afraid

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:23 pm

< lol >  Love the emoticon!  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:04 pm

And here it is:

"The new group of stars lacing up their boogie shoes include actress Danica McKellar, singer Cody Simpson, actor Billy Dee Williams, swimmer Diana Nyad, actress/"Real Housewife" Nene Leakes, singer/actor James Maslow, former pro NHL player Sean Avery, Drew Carey, actress Candace Cameron Bure, Charlie White and Meryl Davis, plus Paralympic snowboarder Amy Purdy."

"The amateur/pro pairings are as follows:

Danica McKellar and Val Chmerkovskiy
Cody Simpson and Whitney Carson (new pro)
Billy Dee Williams and Emma Slater
Diana Nyad and Henry Byalikov
Nene Leakes and Tony Dovolani
James Maslow and Peta Murgatroyd
Sean Avery and Karina Smirnoff
Drew Carey and Cheryl Burke
Candace Cameron Bure and Mark Ballas
Charlie White and Sharna Burgess
Meryl Davis and Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Amy Purdy and Derek Hough"

"Hough also made the announcement that the partners are not permanent. There will be a switch-up at some point in the season, with the viewers getting to vote on who they want to see dance together."

Okay, this could be really good.  I am so excited to see Maks back and with someone who (a) should be a good dancer and (b) should be able to handle him.  Also glad to see that Charlie got Sharna - should be another good pairing.  Billy Dee Williams?  Awesome!  A fair number of athletes this year.  Drew Carey - don't know if he can dance, but he should be funny.  Overall, this seems like a pretty good cast, and the switch-up will be very interesting. 

New season debuts March 17!

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by USN Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:12 pm

This looks like it will be a really good season.

I listened to the new band on youtube; they sound pretty good to me.
USN
USN
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:57 pm

OMG!!  NeNeLeakes and Tony Dovolani.  I hope he can tame her before he loses his mind.  She has a very high impression of herself.  If you've ever seen her on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" you will know what I'm saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bach98133 Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:52 am

newto the boards wrote:OMG!!  NeNeLeakes and Tony Dovolani.  I hope he can tame her before he loses his mind.  She has a very high impression of herself.  If you've ever seen her on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" you will know what I'm saying.
Now she is bragging that her exotic dancing experience will help her greatly.  (She was a stripper)  She sure has no shame.

http://www.eonline.com/news/518312/nene-leakes-says-her-exotic-dancing-past-will-help-her-win-dancing-with-the-stars

Admin

https://bachchat.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:42 am

I look forward to watching this trainwreck.

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Bach98133 wrote:
newto the boards wrote:OMG!!  NeNeLeakes and Tony Dovolani.  I hope he can tame her before he loses his mind.  She has a very high impression of herself.  If you've ever seen her on the "Real Housewives of Atlanta" you will know what I'm saying.
Now she is bragging that her exotic dancing experience will help her greatly.  (She was a stripper)  She sure has no shame.

http://www.eonline.com/news/518312/nene-leakes-says-her-exotic-dancing-past-will-help-her-win-dancing-with-the-stars
I've never watched any of the "Real Housewives" shows but I have seen this woman talk before and I have definitely gotten the impression that she has no shame. Stripper, huh? Somehow I don't think that will help her much on this show LOL. It will be interesting to see how far she tries to push Tony before he pushes back...and he will  Smile 
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:55 pm

I am so glad that Maks will be back for this season and it looks like it will be a pretty good season.   I did not watch last season but will try to watch this season if for no other reason than to watch Maks.  I am also interested to see how Meryl and Charlie do.  There were only two of the contestants that didn't look like I would enjoy but other than them it looks pretty good.  It is going to be difficult being on at the same time as The Voice but maybe I can watch DWTS on live stream and then be able to see both shows.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:31 pm

I hadn't heard about Nene, but yeah, I'm thinking stripping won't help much unless she were paired with Peta.  ;0

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:36 pm

The more I hear about the switch-up, the less thrilled I am about it.  Apparently it will be done early in the show (so more couples take part).  The audience will vote for who they want to dance with whom (which could be great or could be awful - Derek and Drew Carey anyone?).  After they dance that week, the celebrity will get to pick whether they want to stay with their new partner or go back to their previous partner - except the celeb who gets eliminated.  That pro goes with them, so the pros original partner does not get a chance to go back to them.  No word on how they will handle a situation where both the original celeb partner and the new celeb partner want the same pro.  This seems like it has the potential to be awful.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top