The Bachelor

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor - Page 2 Empty Re: The Bachelor

Post by peebeeb Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:20 pm

From the sounds of it, I'm not missing much this season.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:39 pm

peebeeb wrote:From the sounds of it, I'm not missing much this season.
Unless you like a lot of drama.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:52 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:
peebeeb wrote:From the sounds of it, I'm not missing much this season.
Unless you like a lot of drama.
Well true, but I guess I've finally either had my fill or Peter is just not a good lead (to me). Either way, most of the time I don't even remember the show is on this season and I used to look forward to it. 

I wish they would go back to bringing in completely new people as the leads.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:31 pm

I agree with a lot of what was already posted regarding Sydney, Peter, the episode in general.  

Sydney jumped to conclusions about Alayah and focused way too much on her.  She should stay in her own lane.  

I don't think Aaliyah is Sydney's only problem either, as glitters said.  
I have to note that Sydney said she was the "clear winner" of the pillow fight with Alayah, and Sydney also said that Alayah "wins everything."   She was sour about losing.  And maybe jealous?

I found some of Sydney's questions to Alayah ridiculous too, “Do you have feelings?  Do you have emotions other than perfect --?“  “Do you work at all?”    Seems judgmental.

Like others talked about,  I didn't think the way Peter handled the drama was great either.  
The way he stared at Alayah in front of everyone while saying “if you’re doing this for the cameras ... i do not have time for that” and then just walked off, it struck me as a little cold.   And Peter should start to form his own conclusions instead of asking everybody what they think.  But even after Peter already told Alayah he believes her, he asked yet another woman about Alayah.  (Victoria P.)

From the preview, we see Alayah comes back next week to set the record straight.  I have heard more about the friendship between VIctoria P. and Alayah/how close they got during their pageant days.  Victoria P. might be downplaying their friendship, but I'll see what is said about it next episode.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:41 pm

Peter was a child actor.  There's a video of a commercial that he did here: https://pagesix.com/2020/01/21/bachelor-peter-webers-sylvan-learning-center-commercial-resurfaces/

He also appeared in other commercials and programs including Days of Our Lives for one day, playing a young Roman Brady. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1433813/
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 pm

I read or heard somewhere that it was said Peter's season of The Bachelor would show him in a different light than how he was shown in his time on The Bachelorette.  This is coming true since he seemed like such a sweet young man with Hannah B and now he comes off as kind of cold and calculating with these women .  Maybe because he finds it necessary to take it more seriously this time since he is determined to find his wife among them ?  For some reason I think he has more growing up to do before settling down.
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:27 pm

I think he is a nice person, but inexperienced and naïve and was relying too much on other women to tell him what to do when he has to realize that he has to make his own decisions.  I think he is beginning to realize that since he said something at the end of the show about it.  I think sometimes when you don't know what you're doing, you can become more defensive and think you're protecting yourself.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:42 pm

Thanks for that link, skt. Young Peter sure was cute. I guess he is like the others wanting to be on tv.

What difference would it make if Victoria and Alayah knew each other before the show? Hannah B. and Caelynn knew each other.

How many women will Peter be in love with? I think all of them. lol He was trying to decide about Alayah but still started kissing her while he figured it out. He kisses them all and tells them all he feels really good about them. He's going to get himself in trouble because they all will think they are his one.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:59 pm

He was wondering why Aaliyah wanted to keep it a secret that they knew each other, but she told him during the show.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:39 pm

Happy Chinese New Year, year of the rat Laughing  Love     Sorry if I'm not on here much.  I've been sick, just feels like the flu.

It wouldn't matter if Victoria P. and Alayah merely knew each other before the show.  However if it's possible they're friends, I believe that's different.  I don't believe production wants contestants who are friends before even coming on the show because then they would have a harder time manipulating them into having drama or conflict with each other.   But it would be okay if production believes there was bad blood or hard feelings between them; in fact they would probably love it.  I suspect they felt they hit the jackpot with Caelynn and Hannah B.; that is, until they called a truce.  

Has anybody heard that Tyler G. passed away?  Crying or Very sad  We talked about him before and I was shocked to hear the news.  He had the first 1-on-1 date with Hannah and was made to leave by ABC (or maybe it was a mutual decision) without any explanation on the show other than he "had to leave."  Rest in peace, Tyler G.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:13 pm

I was very shocked too. I read that he mixed too many drugs.  Shocked
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:24 pm

This girl drama is getting old.  Every date ends in arguing and crying.  They all complain about not getting time with Peter, but when they do get time they spend it talking about somebody else.  Everybody involved in drama needs to be sent home.  If he thinks they will get along with his family, he better think again.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm

Im pretty sure Victoria F's ex-boyfriend as the singer on their date was another setup by the producers but I don't think he was in on it since he seemed just as surprised as her.  Peter giving the rose to Alayah was so bad ! Im glad the girls didn't let it slide and actually gave him hell about it … but why did they all just sit on the couch and let him spend all that time away from them ? Especially Shiann - she needed to get up and interrupt instead of whining about it.  Poor Victoria P - she didn't communicate it correctly to Peter in the first place and now its come back to bite her in the butt and the other girls are unsympathetic since she didn't play in the football game and had all that time with Peter and then had the gall to snag him first at the cocktail party.  Oh the drama  Crying
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:02 pm

Is Aaliyah really that bad or is it just that the girls don't like seeing someone come back?  I don't think Peter is right for this show.  He seems too good for it.  He has to go through all this drama.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:17 pm

Didn’t even know if I was going to sound off on this season or not. The drama is so overwhelming. So much childishness, crying and drama. Ugh.

I like Peter but he is not handling himself well. At least Hannah B during her season stepped out of what seemed like her comfort zone and laid down the law to the guys. Peter is just letting himself be manipulated and not standing up to drama.

First of all, the Hannah B drama in the first couple of episodes was dumb. She doesn’t want him and I doubt he wanted her either. Hannah is wanting to remain in the spot light and this was just a way of her doing that. Then you have the champagne drama. Really? That much drama over a bottle of bubbly? Then Alayah. Usually when that many girls don’t like someone in the house then there are red flags that do need to be looked at. Peter is only seeing what looks like sincerity when Alayah pleads her case to him. But you notice when she is with the girls she gets that wicked sneer on her face like she is taunting them. Remember, she already stated that she can turn it on when she wants to. It’s all an act. I just hope Peter isn’t as stupid as Ben Flanik(?) was with Courtney Robertson. Falling for the manipulative girl in the end because he was being led around by his member.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:27 pm

The other thing with Peter is that he is seeing people as either all good or bad.  He isn't seeing in between, like when Victoria P told her side of the story he immediately saw her as a bad guy when there is a lot of gray in this story.  He is letting himself be easily manipulated.  He could take some lessons from Hannah B.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:55 pm

I wa going to say almost the same things, rkc.  When that many people have issues with one person it should tell you something.  And now when she tells everyone about Victoria and Chase he better do something.  She comes back and starts it all over again.

Chase has said he is upset with the producers for setting that up.  He had no clue.  I wonder how long Victoria dated him, or if it was just a hook-up and now she calls him a boyfriend.

I'm not sure Victoria P is telling the truth.  Why didn't she defend herself?  She had nothing to say.  Totally weird.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm

I don't think it was just a hookup with Victoria and Chase.  She wouldn't have been that uncomfortable and that uncomfortable telling Peter about it.  She said something about not liking his lifestyle.  I was worried about Peter not knowing about them.  He didn't seem to be mad at the producers.  He took it in his stride.  You may be right about Aaliyah, but I was thinking that the women like Peter so much that there's that more tension on the show and they don't want anyone coming back once they're gone.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:31 am

You are right Glitters. Peter is flip flopping around and acting like he is really feeling it and then when anything happens instead of really digging deep and finding out the truth they end up being quickly put on his shit list. Victoria P is a prime example. I like Victoria P and I’m not really sure why it came off like she was lying about Alayah but I agree that there is more to that story. Alayah asked Victoria P to not tell anyone that they knew each other which I don’t understand what the big deal is because it’s not the first time this has happened. Obviously it doesn’t disqualify them as a contestant. Heck, Peter had already met that one chick (I forget her name...the lawyer) so if it’s okay that the lead already knew a contestant coming in then why would it be bad if two contestants knew each other. As was already mentioned, Hannah B and Caelynn already knew each other. Maybe it’s just that Peter wants to get Alayah in a windmill and he is giving her too many chances so he can make that happen. Come on, he can’t possibly be that clueless that he’s going to shoot down every red flag that goes up about her.

Peter made a bad call to not only let Alayah come back but to also give her the rose on that group date. He is showing way too much favoritism. It definitely makes him look like a fool when he doesn’t see Alayah’s sneers and bad attitude toward the others when he is not around. And that was definitely uncalled for that she came back and immediately threw Victoria F under the bus about the Chase thing. That is the sign of a gossipy, immature person. This show will stop at nothing to set up drama. How did they know that Victoria F previously dated Chase? That disgusts me when they go that far to dig up dirt on people to try to squeeze every drop of drama they can throw on their show.

I think it was funny that those girls turned on him like they did at the rose ceremony. I would have laughed my butt off if to teach him a lesson that all got up and walked out, even if it was temporary. I also thought it was funny the way Victoria P treated him when he pulled her aside.after dissing her about the Alayah thing. Peter needs to get his act together. He also had an early connection with Madison and it looks like she is even getting pissed at him.

rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:34 pm

It seems this show is like the limbo dance....how low can you go Man dance Cancan dance Disco dance
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:18 pm

Welcome back, rkc.  I was wondering where you were; can't blame you for not wanting to sound off before.  There's way too much drama this season.  It's exhausting. Dizzy Faint

thisoldmule wrote:It seems this show is like the limbo dance....how low can you go Man dance Cancan dance Disco dance

LOL!

Next week -- I'm sorry everyone, but there will be two nights of this show next week, Monday and Wednesday, 3 hours on Monday  Pull hair .   I'd post a link but I can't find one now that doesn't have episode spoilers.  Why does ABC think we need two days of this stuff Duh .   Maybe CH has a sit-down with Peter next week (just wild speculation, not an episode spoiler), like he did with Hannah when they had "Episode 5B" and that boring recap filler Crying or Very sad .  Maybe it's 5 hours total next week because there will be an uprising among the women ... just kidding.  Smile
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:21 pm

Joe and Kendall broke up.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/29/joe-amabile-and-kendall-long-of-bachelor-in-paradise-split/
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:17 pm

Sorry this will be a long post. Ashamed  

Maybe I’m the only one that doesn’t trust Victoria P.    It appears Victoria P.'s go-to method for avoiding answering Peter's question is to cry and change the subject.  She did that a couple of times.   She also twice used the words “my truth.”  Saying “my truth” is not the same as saying the real truth.  In the end of her sit-down with Alayah and Peter beside her, Victoria kept saying she doesn’t know what to say.
Also, Savannah said she knows the things "that [Victoria] said when cameras and mics are off" and "I know the way she acted towards Alayah during the rose ceremony,” “holding her hand during the rose ceremony.”  I saw Victoria also make a gesture toward Alayah by pretending to wipe away a tear from her eye, when there were no tears.  I think it’s a manipulative gesture.   At the end of the episode, Savannah said “what Victoria P. said wasn’t the truth.”

Should Peter have asked Alayah to come back?  If it’s because he feels guilty, then no.  If it’s to rectify his decision or mistake in being so influenced by other women’s opinions, including one caught in a lie, then I think he was right to ask her to come back because you don’t want regrets in the process.  Regret is far worse than even a bad breakup.  Peter told the women that it was because he did himself a disservice by not trusting himself and because he felt he was influenced.  
However, he didn’t have to give her the group date rose.  There was no urgency and he could have waited for the rose ceremony.  Also, at least after giving her a rose, he should make more efforts to spend time with other people.  

Yes, it looks like Madison was upset at Peter for asking Alayah to come back.
Surprisingly, Kelsey took the news maturely and very well, I thought.  She wanted him to not have any regrets or questions if they will be together in the end.  No “what if’s,” as she said.  

Sydney got time with Peter and complained to him, “you don’t know anything about me,” that he doesn’t know her middle name.  lol.  Sydney told Peter her sad story about growing up in the South and growing up being bullied and being a victim of racial profiling.  That’s a lot more than knowing her middle name.   Confused

I didn't care for Alayah's smirk this week if that was a smirk and sassy attitude.  Maybe she's now embraced the role of villain a little bit.    
However, last week was a prime example of how production can give someone a bad edit or villain edit.   I do believe production hates it if they feel contestants are trying to outsmart them or withhold information from them.  So ... last week, it was evident to me that they gave Alayah a villain edit.  I'm positive that Peter spoke to multiple other women besides Natasha, Kelsey and Lexi last week, to get their opinions about Alayah, yet these were the   only women that production showed last week as saying anything questionable about her after Peter sought many opinions.   I don't think he's even close to Natasha from what they've shown, but Peter has had no confidence to form his own opinions, so he basically has to ask everybody.  
Later, I read that these same women, Natasha, Kelsey, and Lexi -- and Sydney -- are friends who hang out to this day and, according to a bachelor alum, were likely roommates who bond with each other in their room by venting late at night after the cameras stop rolling.   It's almost as if they're in high school and in a clique. :O  

Another reason I say it was a villain edit or bad edit    is they pasted in a clip of Alayah saying Hi while her voice went up five octaves or whatever, right after Lexi talked about that.  However, they never showed whom she was speaking to.  It was most definitely not Peter.  
I also note that former contestant Jasmine said in an interview that Alayah was always nice to her.  Jasmine couldn't think of anything salty to say about her, even though she did come up with salty things to say about other contestants.  

I don’t know why Victoria F. freaked out about an “ex” singing at her date with Peter.  Maybe she’s hiding something?  Chase was shown getting Peter’s phone number.  I wonder if Victoria saw that.  In any case, maybe Victoria F. is afraid Chase will tell Peter something like they only spent one night together — apparently that’s what Chase told the media.  I mean, it shouldn’t be such a big deal to her if Peter knows she had a one-night stand with someone.  I’m not sure why it is a big deal to her, but maybe that’s why she calls him her ex-boyfriend and said she dated him.  She does tend to freak out or overreact about things, e.g. on the fashion show date, having a breakdown on night one because Peter didn't remember her joke at the limo entrance, et cetera.  
This episode, she told the camera she’s at her “lowest point.”  Talk about dramatic. Thinking
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:37 pm

I heard too that Chase was upset about production setting him up like that.  I believe he was upset in the beginning, but I can't feel bad for him now, as he said he decided to drop his newest album  on Friday before the airing of his appearance on the show.  He has now milked the publicity for all it's worth.  Smile   I think his newest album will produce a lot more sales.  But I say:  good for him after what production did.   Laughing

From the article below:  Chase said, "I was pissed at first,"  "and then I was, like, ‘I gotta figure out a way to turn this positive for myself ... ' "   "Thus why Rice ... chose Jan. 24 to drop his new seven-song album ... "    Chase also said, " 'maybe I can call them by the end of the week and say, Hey, thank you for the No. 1 album.’ "

https://tasteofcountry.com/chase-rice-the-bachelor-girlfriend-victoria-fuller-peter-weber/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referrahttps://tasteofcountry.com/chase-rice-the-bachelor-girlfriend-victoria-fuller-peter-weber/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

There is already too much drama among the women because of who they are   without production having their hand in    every 10 minutes of the episode.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by thisoldmule Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:12 am

skt, maybe Chase will be the next Bachelor. Giggle

I agree about Victoria F.  What's the big deal?  She should have just laughed at the whole situation.  

I don't see anything good about Alayah.  He's going to regret letting her back.  Although it will have a lot of other girls showing their true colors too.  This a bratty bunch of girls.
thisoldmule
thisoldmule
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top