Genie Francis

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Genie Francis Empty Genie Francis

Post by Sunny Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am

I did think the scenes for Nathan's funeral were very tear jerking and Kirsten Storms had an emmy nominating performance.  But it occurred to me, Why did Ryan Paevey get a beautiful send off and Genie Francis got a brief see you later? The more I think about it, the more is pisses me off.

I thought Genie Francis was really beginning to shine on her own on GH.  Laura's pairing with Kevin is a fan favorite.  Fans were very excited about Laura running for mayor.  Heck we were all hoping for Spencer to return.  Then without any warning the powers that be, just wrote Genie out. Hissy fit Then Ryan Paevey leaves of his own accord, and he gets some beautiful send off?  I guess I could look on the bright side, with no big sendoff, Laura can always return.  But will she? Scratch

I wish TPTB at GH would address this issue for the fans of Genie Francis.  She is a long time character and really one of the core characters on the show.  Why couldn't they show her the respect she deserves?
Sunny
Sunny

Back to top Go down

Genie Francis Empty Re: Genie Francis

Post by GH Senior Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:55 pm

well here's my take 'Sunny"!  As far as i'm concerned it's a ($) dollar issue!  why? Because of the return of SB (Jason) and this whole S L, which is also bringing the long time signing of a Spinelli contract, besides Burton, and that includes Dillon's demise, and not to mention Hayden also!!!  All these characters, fans really went for, and as soon as Steve B hits the scene, they go bye bye!  i'm miffed also, and 'ditto' to all you have stated!  But I wish that the posters here on this site, and the fans who agree, would really "VOICE" these opinions strongly - especially to 
Frank V (who likes who he likes, which I call his 'pets'), and TPTB!  And i say this, cause i neither do twitter or face book which i presume many do, as a way of doing this, to get the "word" out!  But then again, maybe 'we' don't seem to matter that much - as GH sees fit to rewrite history every chance they get!  i remember and go back to 1963, the very beginning (the 1st AIR DATE), with Dr Hardy and Jessie Brewer!  While i have in truth departed the show on occasions, and for some periods of time, i do remember how exciting the S L's were with the "Old Timers", so full of adventure!  Now it seems we get the diversion, but not the climax's, and the endings of them, seem to either fall flat or even branch out into something that is not true of the past with the characters!   I truthfully find it confusing to follow sometimes.  Maybe the new generation, the younger ones, don't really want to see the old timers anymore, nor are they interested in them.  But in this case, they have in fact - warmed up and welcomed SB back!  and this still involves the salary issues.

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by gh5fan Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I agree Sr. with salary issues stuff. GF always deserved the salary because of her legacy work in the 1970's and 1980's that

put GH on the map and away from the cancellation heap!!!!

She is phenomenal and never got the proper accolades because TPTB wanted to keep TG more so than GF.

Shame....crying shame!!!!Genie Francis Furious
gh5fan
gh5fan
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:58 am

Now Lulu is the only Spencer left except for Bobbie and she's more tied into the Carly family episodes now. And the Cassadines are wiped out except for Valentin. But longtime viewers remember...

And they drop in former characters who aren't relevant but get rid of the ones that are.   ???????
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by MPchimesin Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:52 pm

IMO they made a BIG MISTAKE not giving Genie what she deserves .....She is a draw to the show and I would have loved to see her and Ned go at it for the Mayor position....I'm also pissed that they got rid of Dillon the Q's need all they family they have left to stay in Port Chuck.
MPchimesin
MPchimesin
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:34 pm

MPchimesin wrote:IMO they made a BIG MISTAKE not giving Genie what she deserves .....She is a draw to the show and I would have loved to see her and Ned go at it for the Mayor position....I'm also pissed that they got rid of Dillon the Q's need all they family they have left to stay in Port Chuck.
ditto on all MP, and to all the posters, I'm in agreement, and yet with all the signers, I've yet to see the "RETURN"!  
While I do believe GH has the best of the best in actors and actresses, we ALL have our fav in characters!  Not the 
people, the characters in the S L's, and some of which I don't care for either, nor do I follow closely. So I just use
the remote to fast-forward them, love the DVR that gives the option to both watch live and "Tape", just in case I'm 
out.  I really want Laura (Genie) back on the Set, along with Spencer, and I'd like to see a 'return' of Nicholas, even
if he needs to be re-cast since I believe he's now on a new show!  As much as they are making Valentin the real villain,
I'd like to see him redeemed if for a moment, in the vindication of Nick's death!  Stuart (Valentin) really showed he has
heart in the scene with Nina, as he found her trying to scrub the blood off the carpet. He said "when I saw you -
'it broke me' ".  Me too, and I even rooted for him even more.

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by wizkids64 Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:43 pm

Because Laura went to France to see her grandson because his legs were broken and Nate was killed that is why Nate got a better send off when Laura didn't at all because she might be back

wizkids64

Back to top Go down

Post by 431902j Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:22 pm

There's a rumor afloat that Laura will be back with a story line that
features Genie Francis. So maybe the powers that be are beginning to realize their mistake, maybe due to the petition???
431902j
431902j
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by GH Senior Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:12 pm

431902j wrote:There's a rumor afloat that Laura will be back with a story line that
features Genie Francis. So maybe the powers that be are beginning to realize their mistake, maybe due to the petition???
I just read something to that effect too, and it said they were trying to get a really big story for her to be involved in.  Plus they said she was on "Recurring", but that seems to be a conflict with the reason was given of her being let go, and what Genie herself posted. If this is so, that's great and I would hope it's due to all of the uproar and the petition signers, using our influence to bring it about!  She's such a dynamic actress over all the years, from her youth to now.  I want to see her back on GH and I hope Spencer comes with her!  It would also be a nice add to have Nik back, as we're all pretty sure he's not dead!  I just don't know how they would write him in!

GH Senior
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by moon0627 Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 pm

I sure hope its true that she'll be back on the show soon.  With her history on the show she's what makes GH a great soap and they need to keep as many legacy characters as possible to keep it what it is.  Its too bad they dropped the ball on the storyline to make her Mayor so now they need to come up with something just as good for her.
moon0627
moon0627
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top