Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Franchise Chit Chat

Post by skt8word Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:49 am

Did it sound today like she had heard of a spoiler?  Did you know what happens?  If you know what happens and you know she's right, maybe that's why it sounded like she let the cat out of the bag.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:37 pm

skt8word wrote:Did it sound today like she had heard of a spoiler?  Did you know what happens?  If you know what happens and you know she's right, maybe that's why it sounded like she let the cat out of the bag.
Yes I do know what happened, but would never spoil it for anybody else. It should have been kept quiet.  Sad
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 pm

I recorded a repeat of the Access show that was on TV in the wee hours of the morning, and Shocked Kit brought up a magazine [People mag] and mentioned something of what it said Shocked -- I don't recall her ever doing that before, but she also said "We think maybe ... [insert their conjecture on what happens].  So I guess that's a mixture of spoiler and conjecture.   Still, she shouldn't have brought it up without announcing that she would mention anything of what the mag said.  (At least I'll know for next time that she may do that in the future.)

Sooo... don't anybody watch Access Hollywood or glance at People or US magazine or any tabloid mags or magazine covers this week, if you don't want to hear about spoilers.  And don't search for youtube videos or podcasts or look at Instagram comments for that matter. Dizzy
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:19 pm

skt8word wrote:I recorded a repeat of the Access show that was on TV in the wee hours of the morning, and Shocked Kit brought up a magazine [People mag] and mentioned something of what it said Shocked -- I don't recall her ever doing that before, but she also said "We think maybe ... [insert their conjecture on what happens].  So I guess that's a mixture of spoiler and conjecture.   Still, she shouldn't have brought it up without announcing that she would mention anything of what the mag said.  (At least I'll know for next time that she may do that in the future.)

Sooo... don't anybody watch Access Hollywood or glance at People or US magazine or any tabloid mags or magazine covers this week, if you don't want to hear about spoilers.  And don't search for youtube videos or podcasts or look at Instagram comments for that matter. Dizzy
I would bet that those magazines are all sold out by now... Duh
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:25 pm

therealdfshary wrote:
skt8word wrote:I recorded a repeat of the Access show that was on TV in the wee hours of the morning, and Shocked Kit brought up a magazine [People mag] and mentioned something of what it said Shocked -- I don't recall her ever doing that before, but she also said "We think maybe ... [insert their conjecture on what happens].  So I guess that's a mixture of spoiler and conjecture.   Still, she shouldn't have brought it up without announcing that she would mention anything of what the mag said.  (At least I'll know for next time that she may do that in the future.)

Shock

The more we talk about it, the more I think the real outcome will not live up to the hype Thinking -- or at least not be as bad as the outcomes I conjured up in my mind.  I hope so anyway.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:50 am

I
skt8word wrote:
therealdfshary wrote:

Shock

The more we talk about it, the more I think the real outcome will not live up to the hype Thinking -- or at least not be as bad as the outcomes I conjured up in my mind.  I hope so anyway.
I would like to hear your opinion now, if you don’t mind.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:51 pm

It was and is a real sh-t show.
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:58 pm

therealdfshary wrote:I
skt8word wrote:
therealdfshary wrote:

Shock

I would like to hear your opinion now, if you don’t mind.
My opinion about the real outcome?  It wasn't as shocking as the ones I conjured up in my mind or even as horrible.  He pulled a Mesnick and already said outside the show that he loved two women.  I'm just upset that they would show her crying for an hour.  Though not shocking that TPTB would do that, I don't like it.  But then again, she might become the new bachelorette.  They should at least offer it to her.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:01 pm

This is my take--What was done to her was a shame. BTW IMO Lauren is as exciting as watching paint dry. It could have done privately, but wouldn't bring in the ratings Crying or Very sad . I think Arie is 36 going on 16 and is a narcissist. I don't think that he will ever have a long term committed relationship because he isn't capable of doing that.
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyss Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:44 am

peebeeb wrote:It was and is a real sh-t show.

Yep!!
daisyss
daisyss

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 am

This just confirms what we already knew. This might be an interesting read to find out just HOW far that the producers really DO go. I also find it interesting that last part about the diversity issue. That rant Mike Fleiss did recently and insulted the viewers of the show saying that since Rachel’s season was low on ratings that it says a lot about the fans and basically calling us racists. Yet he apparently claimed before that there was a lack of people of color signing up, which we knew was a lie, and now it was just admitted (which we knew as well) that they were afraid of losing their audience if they became too diverse. Which is it Mikey? MF is a real A-hole.

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/bachelor-nation-book-155540
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:48 pm

So, I succumbed to temptation and bought the damn book! This phoney, manipulated and massaged season prompted me to do so. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:51 pm

It's a best seller.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:07 pm

So I suppose the Life & Style article pretty much sums up the book's contents?  Not much more in there?
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:23 pm

I am assuming there is gonna be a whole hell of a lot we don’t know yet if they are writing a whole book about it. I am sure Lesallee will fill us in? Lesallee? LOL
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:38 pm

I just clicked on another link in that article and Sarah Gertrude Shapiro (co-creator of UnReal, former Bachelor producer) said that the night they were going to get dumped, she would go to their hotel room and say, “I’m going to lose my job for telling you this, but he’s going to pick you. He’s going to propose.” That’s how she got contestants to cry on camera. They’d tell them to drive up and down the road in the limo until they got tears. If they didn’t get tears they were told not to come home because they would be fired. What kind of sick minded people demand those kind of things?
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:47 pm

I was wondering because I heard of the tracking of contestants' menstrual cycles the other day, and the rest of the revelations in the article are not news or not shocking, and I was wondering if it's worth buying the book.   I've never bought any book on the Bachelor franchise, so I'm not sure I'd start now, although in this case it might be different. lol

Sarah Gertrude Shapiro's story sounds very much like a scene from UnReal.  I have no doubt the UnReal scene was based on Shapiro's inside knowledge.  Yes, it is sick minded.
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:26 pm

The only book I bought that was written about this show was Courtney Robertson’s and I bought it second hand off eBay because I refused to pay full price for it! Lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Haven't got to deep into the book yet, the weekend is getting in the way of reading. So far it is recounting how Fleiss began and what led him to the Bach concept. Unsurprisingly Fleiss isn't coming off in any flattering way.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by skt8word Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:33 pm

Thank you Lesallee for the info so far.  The book doesn't sound good so far with it starting off with Fleiss's story, even though I know I can skip that part lol.  Unless there's something better in the book as you read it, so far I still don't know if I'll buy it. Thinking
skt8word
skt8word
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:16 am

Thanks Lesallee. I figure they would probably have to start off with how Fleiss got to be the man we all love to despise! Lol
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by daisyss Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:14 pm

rkc1960 wrote:The only book I bought that was written about this show was Courtney Robertson’s and I bought it second hand off eBay because I refused to pay full price for it! Lol

Was it any good?
daisyss
daisyss

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:27 pm

Apparently, a lot of people thought so.  It has almost a 5 star rating on Amazon from 640 people.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by rkc1960 Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:06 am

Daisy’s, I actually liked it. She told a lot about the behind the scenes stuff on this show and quite a bit of interesting things about Ben. She told a lot of background stuff about herself as well. It was actually pretty good.
rkc1960
rkc1960
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top