Season 17 - Week Five

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 17 - Week Five Empty Season 17 - Week Five

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 am

So here is what's on tap for this week:

Christina and Mark – Cha Cha (Song: “Forget You” by CeeLo Green)

Bill and Emma – V. Waltz (Song: “She’s Always A Woman” by Billy Joel)

Corbin and Karina – Foxtrot (Song: “My Wish” by Rascal Flatts)

Jack and Cheryl – Waltz (Song: “I’m Kissing You” by Des’ree)

Leah and Tony – Contemporary (Song: “Roar” by Katy Perry)

Amber and Derek – Foxtrot (Song: “Try a little Tenderness” by Glee Cast)

Brant and Peta – Contemporary (Song: “Your Song” by Elton John)

Snooki and Sasha – Jazz (Song: “Work Bitch” by Brittney Spears)

Elizabeth and Val – Jive (Song: “I’m So Excited!” by the Pointer Sisters)

Am scared for Brant as contemporaries are usually lift heavy, and we know he can't do them easily.  This could be bad.  I can't remember Peta having done a contemporary before.  The foxtrot should be good for Amber and give her a bit of a break on her knees.  Not a lot of jumping around in a foxtrot - nice and smooth.  I would expect most of the celebs to do fairly well tonight, although being a taller girl, Elizabeth could struggle with the jive.  It's just plain harder for the taller dancers to perform.  The only one I desperately want gone still is Snooki.  She bugs.  I usually try very hard not to let my personal feelings get in the way of voting, but she just repels me.  She's a decent enough dancer, but she strikes me as just being quite unlikeable and all about her.  Add to that that Sasha is one of the troupe members I least wanted to see as a pro, and this couple just doesn't do it for me.  At least with Brant and Peta, I like him, even though Peta bugs badly.  Anyway, should be a good night, even though it's apparently "Story Night" or whatever they're calling it this season.  Usually it should just be called "Sob Story Night" and be done with it.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 17 - Week Five Empty Re: Season 17 - Week Five

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:14 am

Well, THAT was a shocker ending!  When they showed the bottom two, I was certain Leah was going home.  That ending was a poor showing of Christina's fan base considering the scores she's garnered.  What a shame.

I felt certain that Leah's poor attitude last week would have some blowback.  Guess not.  And that was a godawful performance of that contemporary piece.  I guess you can never predict the fans.  This might mean Bill could win it!  LOL.

Both Bill's and Jack's waltzes were well done.  And I thought Brant's contemporary was really quite good.  I must say that when Peta plasters down the blonde in these hairstyles, she looks quite regal - especially in something like that gray gown.

Corbin was fantastic but I won't vote for him out of principle.  Nor will I vote for obnoxious Snookie who THINKS she's not loud and obnoxious these days.  I enjoy watching her dance but they'd have to cut off her head to make me like her.  LOL

There's something about Elizabeth's dancing that turns me off.  Don't know what it is.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  I may be wrong, but it's feeling like there are some jerking movements - almost like an involuntary tic-like thing.  Can't describe it because I'm not exactly sure what it is that I notice.

I wasn't crazy about Amber's Foxtrot this week.  It may have been the choreo.  The girl can certainly move.  Dunno.

Have I missed anyone?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:26 pm

I was surprised as well.  I like Leah, and I think she's getting better, but Christina was far and away the better dancer, and I really loved the cha cha last night.  That was too bad, but on other boards it seems clear that she just was not really connecting with people.  Elizabeth doesn't seem to be either, and a lot of folks seem to be getting annoyed with Leah lately, feeling that rather than being self-deprecating and humorous, she's crossing over into being negative.  Should be an interesting few weeks.

I think Christina's cha cha may have been the best dance of the night, so at least she goes out on a high note.  Leah's contemporary was very labored and not pretty at all.  I loved Elizabeth's jive - I thought that was on par with the tango last week.  She looked more like she was having fun.  Corbin's fox trot was nice, but I thought his posture was off.  It looked kind of like he was slouching or something.  Or maybe I just imagined it because he was slouching badly in rehearsals, and I thought it looked so ugly.  Did not care for Snooki's dance at all.  I'm not an expert by any means, but that sure didn't look like "jazz" to me, although that's a very nebulous term.  But I thought choreography-wise it wasn't much.  She dances fairly well, but I still just don't like her.  And apparently Sasha is dumber than she is, which is kind of scary.  I thought Jack and Bill did okay with their waltzes - I wasn't blown away but they weren't cringe-worthy either.  Brant did fine with his contemporary, although I didn't really like the choreography there either.  And you know it's pretty egregious when even I could tell that the foxtrot wasn't much of a foxtrot.  Amber does move well (although whatever was going on with her legs was distracting - looked almost like she was wearing thigh-high stockings; you could see it every time she twirled and the skirt blew up), but that was not Derek's finest choregraphy at all. 

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next few weeks.  Despite my dislike of her, Snooki seems to be fairly popular on other boards, so I'm guessing I'm stuck with her.  Leah, Elizabeth, Brant and Jack seem to be the least popular.  With Brant it's more that people really don't like Peta, and with Jack there seems to be some question as to whether he's really enjoying himself.  Lots of folks seem to think he's not having a good time, which is not a vibe I really get from him, but others seem to.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:20 pm

I thought Leah was a goner, too.  Her dancing does leave something to be desired.  I was surprised to see Christina go - her cha cha was really good.  Corbin and Karina always do a good job.  I enjoyed Bill and Emma's dance, too, but found her see-through skirt distracting and unnecessary.  I thought Jack and Cheryl did a good job, too.  I enjoyed Brant and Peta's dance the most, even though I really don't care for Peta.  I agree that there is just something "off" about Elizabeth, but I don't know what it is - it does seem kind of "jerky," almost like she's trying too hard or has to think too much about what she's doing.  I enjoyed hearing all the stories.  I think Snooki will be with us for awhile.  Her face reminds me of a doll's face - gee, but she is tiny!  I usually don't vote, and I'm not voting this time, just observing.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:40 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:  And apparently Sasha is dumber than she is, which is kind of scary. 

ROTFLMAO !!!!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:45 am

Blue, this is the first season I've voted in years.  Bill gets all my votes.  I'm in love with his personality and effort.  If he goes, I'll probably stop voting.  LOL.  Leah would have been my second choice, but I'm not warming to her like I did when she was on The Talk.

I agree with you about Emma's see-thru skirt.  It lacked the elegance usually reserved for the waltz.  As you observed - distracting.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Voting is a pain online, so I just don't bother unless it's someone I really want to win and think they need some extra help.

I'm thinking that Karina and Corbin will probably be the winners this time - maybe Elizabeth and Val.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:27 pm

By the way, I'm wondering why we can't "see" the comments now for this section unless we log on.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top