Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo - Page 2 Empty Re: Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:44 am

It's telling me I need to update Adobe Flash - which I just did yesterday.  I can't get it.  Oh, well.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:03 am

Try going to youtube directly and type Revenge season 3 extended promo in the search engine.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:11 am

That's exactly what I ended up doing when your link wouldn't take me there.  Something's up with my computer and I don't want to deal with it.  I've upgraded Flash and still.... nothing.  I HATE technology!!  Pull hair Pull hair   I don't have the savvy or patience to mess with it when something won't work.  When I finally decide to knuckle down and get working on it, it'll be three hours of my life I won't get back.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:24 pm

singlyme wrote:That's exactly what I ended up doing when your link wouldn't take me there.  Something's up with my computer and I don't want to deal with it.  I've upgraded Flash and still.... nothing.  I HATE technology!!  Pull hair Pull hair   I don't have the savvy or patience to mess with it when something won't work.  When I finally decide to knuckle down and get working on it, it'll be three hours of my life I won't get back.
I have a problem with Flashplayer, too.  My computer says it's updated, but there are things I can't open up with it.  Hissy fit 

I agree with you completely about it trying to fix it taking time that I won't get back.Hissy fit 

My old computer died about two years ago, and I got Windows 8, which took some getting used to (and which if I had to do over, I would have gotten Windows 7), and then there was a problem with the initial updates which took me forever to figure out.  First of all, how on earth can there be updates for a system that just came on the market?   Pull hair 

Since we're on the topic, my new computer came with a built-in webcam, which I thought was great.  However, there was a program attached to it called CyberCam (I think that's what it was).  I never used this feature, but I started noticing that there would be times when I would shut down my computer, and it would say this program was open.  Huh? . . . I never opened it, so how could that be?  I put a post-it over my webcam, and finally, I got so tired of feeling like I was being spied upon, that I deleted the entire program.  Why do I need a program like this to run a webcam anyway?  When it comes time for the updates from my computer company, it always asks me to download that program again.  Not a chance.Soapbox 

Sorry if I have gotten off topic.  I bet Nolan could figure this out.  Makes me long for the days of the typewriter.

Last edited by BlueMoon on Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Add something)
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:58 pm

BlueMoon wrote:
 I bet Nolan could figure this out.
LOL! Well not much longer now and we'll see it all soon enough.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:03 am

Blue, I was the unlucky recipient of Vista, which came with a now obsolete word processing system called MS Works.  Dontcha' love technology????  But that's the one thing they don't upgrade every fifteen minutes.  $$$$  Maybe that's how Nolan made his billions.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Singly, I went from XP to W8.  When I tried to use my printer, I discovered I couldn't until I located a fix online because my new computer is 64-bit, as opposed to 32-bit for my old one.  It's always something, isn't it?  I'm set now, except for the glitch with Flash.

I wouldn't have purchased a new computer if my old one hadn't died.  What I do love is the faster internet speed.  Going onto to the internet on my old one required a lot of patience. 

Nolan would have figured this all out much faster.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:51 pm

miecies wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:
 I bet Nolan could figure this out.
LOL! Well not much longer now and we'll see it all soon enough.
Miecies, One more week!Smile  I can't wait!Smile  I just know that the first episode is going to leave me wanting more!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:57 am

BlueMoon wrote:Singly, I went from XP to W8.  When I tried to use my printer, I discovered I couldn't until I located a fix online because my new computer is 64-bit, as opposed to 32-bit for my old one.  It's always something, isn't it?  I'm set now, except for the glitch with Flash.

I wouldn't have purchased a new computer if my old one hadn't died.  What I do love is the faster internet speed.  Going onto to the internet on my old one required a lot of patience. 

I know we're OT but what the heck - it's just the three of us till the show starts.  I, too, pine for my old XP.  I've heard W8 is worse than my Vista.  They just can't seem to leave good alone - always a more advanced version until they go beyond our capacity to use it well.  Hey, I started out with DOS.  It took me a while to get used to Windows, period. 

Now, they sacrifice speed and efficiency with unnecessary bells and whistles each time a new model appears.  When this computer goes, I'm going to see if I can find one with an XP operating system - even if I have to go into debt to have one built.  LOL  My main use for my computer is word processing.  Until this latest mess, I never had to use the mouse to type a story.  I still have new shortcuts to learn - and I'm too old for this!

I'm also tired of Dell's invasive need to "scan" my computer.  All these Windows, Java and Adobe updates sometimes make me feel as if my computer is monitored by spyware.  Even my TV box is now routed through my computer. *enter Twilight Zone music*  LOL again.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:01 pm

singlyme wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:Singly, I went from XP to W8.  When I tried to use my printer, I discovered I couldn't until I located a fix online because my new computer is 64-bit, as opposed to 32-bit for my old one.  It's always something, isn't it?  I'm set now, except for the glitch with Flash.

I know we're OT but what the heck - it's just the three of us till the show starts.  I, too, pine for my old XP.  I've heard W8 is worse than my Vista.  They just can't seem to leave good alone - always a more advanced version until they go beyond our capacity to use it well.  Hey, I started out with DOS.  It took me a while to get used to Windows, period. 

Now, they sacrifice speed and efficiency with unnecessary bells and whistles each time a new model appears.  When this computer goes, I'm going to see if I can find one with an XP operating system - even if I have to go into debt to have one built.  LOL  My main use for my computer is word processing.  Until this latest mess, I never had to use the mouse to type a story.  I still have new shortcuts to learn - and I'm too old for this!

I'm also tired of Dell's invasive need to "scan" my computer.  All these Windows, Java and Adobe updates sometimes make me feel as if my computer is monitored by spyware.  Even my TV box is now routed through my computer. *enter Twilight Zone music*  LOL again.
Singly, I agree - it's just the three of us for now.  My old computer (an HP from 2006) started giving me messages saying it was about to die and to back up everything, which I thought was good to know, so I started looking for a new one.  I'd never seen anything like this before.  It still works, and I sometimes think of using it for Flash only, but the internet is incredibly slow on it.  Plus, it could finally die at any moment. 

I ordered an HP from Staples, after going to the store and looking at one in person.  It's not that I'm an HP fan, it's that the price was right, and it seemed like a good computer from the reviews I read.  Unfortunately, I didn't see the reviews about W8, which are not so good - the hanging updates were the biggest problem.  I wanted to make sure I got a CD drive - a lot of the new ones are strictly USB.  I don't have an iPhone, and don't plan to get one, so W8 was really strange to me at first.  Now, I just ignore the apps.  But, it wasn't that hard to get started.  It was just the glitches with my printer being old and the problems with the Microsoft updates hanging at 33% that were time consuming and frustrating.

My TV is an old one - around 2006 or so - and I plan to keep it for awhile still.  I did notice that there is a camera on the front of it, so I covered it up with a post-it note.  Anyone watching me is sure to be bored very quickly!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:26 am

I'm supposing we all re-watched the S2 finale last night.  I feel properly refreshed on how it ended.

I certainly hadn't recalled Conrad being enlisted as a member of the inner circle of the "consortium" (aka Americon Initiative).  And all he had to do was allow them to plant a bomb??  Frame Aiden?  Aiden, I get - but why Nolan?  Or was Nolan's arrest just a "gift" from the Falcon?  Yet.... they had Padma's tape.  Was it pre-recorded or is she not dead?  I'm SO glad to be done with AI and their superhuman abilities.

Question:  Does anyone recall how the Falcon ended up in jail/prison?

After two years, Jack looks at Em and suddenly (while in a murderous frame of mind) gets flashes of child Amanda?  So he forgets about Declan's death and wanting to kill Conrad?  Brain overload?  Too much in the way of BS last season.  Let's raise a toast to a more well-written season this year.

Will we learn how Nolan gets out of jail?  Or will he simply be free from the start?
I still gotta know about this ultimatum from Jack.
Whose blood was on Daniel's shirt?
Does Conrad really drop dead?                                                                        So many questions!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:08 am

singlyme wrote:I'm supposing we all re-watched the S2 finale last night.  I feel properly refreshed on how it ended.

I certainly hadn't recalled Conrad being enlisted as a member of the inner circle of the "consortium" (aka Americon Initiative).  And all he had to do was allow them to plant a bomb??  Frame Aiden?  Aiden, I get - but why Nolan?  Or was Nolan's arrest just a "gift" from the Falcon?  Yet.... they had Padma's tape.  Was it pre-recorded or is she not dead?  I'm SO glad to be done with AI and their superhuman abilities.

Question:  Does anyone recall how the Falcon ended up in jail/prison?

After two years, Jack looks at Em and suddenly (while in a murderous frame of mind) gets flashes of child Amanda?  So he forgets about Declan's death and wanting to kill Conrad?  Brain overload?  Too much in the way of BS last season.  Let's raise a toast to a more well-written season this year.

Will we learn how Nolan gets out of jail?  Or will he simply be free from the start?
I still gotta know about this ultimatum from Jack.
Whose blood was on Daniel's shirt?
Does Conrad really drop dead?                                                                        So many questions!
As Emily says in the premier (according to a critic who has seen it) "Let's never mention Initiative and Carrion again."

In the extended promo that neither you or BlueMoon can see Jack says to Emily "Get it down by summer and leave here for good. Or I will tell everyone who you are."

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:55 am

I didn't realize that episode of Revenge was on last night until I caught the tail end of it when I turned on the late news.

I finally saw that scene you're talking about Miecies - it's on the Revenge site.

One more week!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 am

I've downloaded the latest "Flash" and still couldn't get the video.  THEN, I discovered that we're now being FORCED to use Google Chrome to play anything.  REALLY ticks me off since I detest being FORCED or manipulated in any way!  Talk about a monopoly.  I only search with Google on occasion.  This is really an intrusion for me.

My homepage is AOL and I have absolutely NO desire to switch it to Google!  Went through Google to watch a preview on Huff Post and all I heard in the background while searching was vocal ads.  A-a-r-r-g-h!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:59 pm

singlyme wrote:I've downloaded the latest "Flash" and still couldn't get the video.  THEN, I discovered that we're now being FORCED to use Google Chrome to play anything.  REALLY ticks me off since I detest being FORCED or manipulated in any way!  Talk about a monopoly.  I only search with Google on occasion.  This is really an intrusion for me.

My homepage is AOL and I have absolutely NO desire to switch it to Google!  Went through Google to watch a preview on Huff Post and all I heard in the background while searching was vocal ads.  A-a-r-r-g-h!
I watched it on the Revenge site without any problems.

I don't like Google, and only use it when I have to.  I use Bing - I don't like any of the search engines, but I like Bing more than the rest.  Plus, it has an interesting photo of everyday of somewhere around the world.

I know what you mean about the ads.  There are a couple of sites that I just quit going to simply because it was too much trouble to navigate through all the ads.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:01 pm

Singly, I saw an article online today about how even when our computers are turned off, they can be accessed.   

If you like the first episode of Revenge, move the plant on the right side of your door to the left.Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:06 pm

I actually shut off all power to my computer and router overnight.  Do you suppose they can still come in thru my phone line?

Plant?  Huh?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:53 pm

singlyme wrote:I actually shut off all power to my computer and router overnight.  Do you suppose they can still come in thru my phone line?

Plant?  Huh?
I shut both of mine off when I'm not using them just to save power.  Apparently, there's a "backdoor," courtesy of the Intel company.

Yeah - move your plant.  We'll all have to communicate the old-fashioned way.  I guess that means pay phones, too.Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top