View previous topic View next topic Go down

Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo Empty Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo

Post by miecies Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:34 am

Let the speculating begin!

miecies

Back to top Go down

Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo Empty Re: Revenge Season 3 - 1st Promo

Post by singlyme Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:07 pm

What a start!  So, she's saying she's sorry to someone who's capable of killing her.  Daniel?  Who else would she apologize to?  Okay.  I dunno know.  LOL

Could she REALLY die - after getting revenge on everyone - and the series ends?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

My take. It's a set-up. The shooter is real but the gun is loaded w/blanks. Maybe she's going to frame someone for her murder? I can't even begin to guest who the shooter would be. Daniel seems to easy although he's not above pulling the trigger, just ask Tyler and Aiden.

If the show bounces back in the ratings this season you better believe there will be a season 4. I don't think they're calling it quits just yet. And yes, that is one heck of a hook!

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:21 pm

Maybe Victoria takes a shot at her since she hates the thought of her marrying Daniel.  If Emily got pregnant with Daniel's baby, I can see Victoria pushing her down some stairs, so I can definitely see her trying to kill her. 

Maybe it's Daniel's old friend - the French girl . . . or even Patrick . . .

Maybe someone overheard her tell Jack who she really was . . .

I don't know why she would want to frame someone for her murder. 

This is a big hook!Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:44 pm

BlueMoon wrote:I don't know why she would want to frame someone for her murder. 
Uh, for revenge. Very Happy

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 am

The more I thought about this, the more possibilities I considered - and those are many and far-flung.

It could be as simple as whichever guy she drops after having strung him along through the season (sorry I used you),

The easily-influenced little sister who learns the deception of her true sister (sorry I lied),

ANYONE who's been caught and damaged by "revenge fallout." (sorry you got hurt.)

OR it might BE that setup.  Just so it's not a disgruntled former member of the nonexistent Initiative who's upset that the "business constortium" of killers, blackmailers and terrorists broke up. LOL

Or...perhaps, the Queen Bee herself.  Then again, I don't see Em saying "I'm sorry" to this one.

Whatever the scenario, I hope this season is far less convoluted than the last - with some believable writing.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:29 am

singlyme wrote:The more I thought about this, the more possibilities I considered - and those are many and far-flung.

It could be as simple as whichever guy she drops after having strung him along through the season (sorry I used you),

The easily-influenced little sister who learns the deception of her true sister (sorry I lied),

ANYONE who's been caught and damaged by "revenge fallout." (sorry you got hurt.)
Could be anyone of these.

singlyme wrote:Just so it's not a disgruntled former member of the nonexistent Initiative who's upset that the "business consortium" of killers, blackmailers and terrorists broke up. LOL
LOL! ICAM!

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:09 pm

singlyme wrote:The more I thought about this, the more possibilities I considered - and those are many and far-flung.

OR it might BE that setup.  Just so it's not a disgruntled former member of the nonexistent Initiative who's upset that the "business constortium" of killers, blackmailers and terrorists broke up. LOL

Or...perhaps, the Queen Bee herself.  Then again, I don't see Em saying "I'm sorry" to this one.

Whatever the scenario, I hope this season is far less convoluted than the last - with some believable writing.
Now, I'm thinking it could be Charlotte.  She could find out that Emily has lied to her and just go crazy - particularly if she is still pregnant and all those hormones are raging.

It could even be Daniel.  Maybe Emily says the wrong thing and he finally puts two and two together. 

Victoria?  No way.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:11 pm

miecies wrote:
BlueMoon wrote:I don't know why she would want to frame someone for her murder. 
Uh, for revenge. Very Happy
Well, yeah, but . . . I just don't know . . .

It would have to be one of the Graysons then.  Victoria comes to mind first.  It could even be Patrick, so Emily can get him out of the way.  It could be Daniel so he could be back in jail again.   

Is it September 29th yet?Smile
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:25 am

If it's a set up for a murder rap, it would require one of two things:  Witnesses or a dead body.  UNLESS, it's only a set up to make the shooter THINK she's dead - so she can work from the shadows of her fake demise.

I had a fleeting thought of getting someone into prison for some reason to save Nolan from something???  Aiden?  Sorry we have to do this?  Nah.  But I DO hope we get Nolan out of the slammer in the first episode.  Just wouldn't be the same without his subtle humor.

Of all the people on the show, Charlotte seems the prime candidate for an apology.  But the way this show goes, ANYone could end up in fallout and deserve a "sorry."  Has there ever been a show with so many people capable of mayhem and murder?

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:35 am

singlyme wrote:But I DO hope we get Nolan out of the slammer in the first episode. Just wouldn't be the same without his subtle humor.
The promo scenes are from completed episodes and they're currently filming episode 4 so Nolan gets out of prison pretty quickly. I'm guessing the first episode. Ashley will be leaving in E1 and synopsis says she has an arkward encounter w/Daniel at one of Emily's parties. As much as I love the Hampton soirees, I don't want to see one every episode. My best guess is the party Nolan's parachutes into is the same one Ashley runs into Daniel at.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:20 pm

singlyme wrote:If it's a set up for a murder rap, it would require one of two things:  Witnesses or a dead body.  UNLESS, it's only a set up to make the shooter THINK she's dead - so she can work from the shadows of her fake demise.

I had a fleeting thought of getting someone into prison for some reason to save Nolan from something???  Aiden?  Sorry we have to do this?  Nah.  But I DO hope we get Nolan out of the slammer in the first episode.  Just wouldn't be the same without his subtle humor.

Of all the people on the show, Charlotte seems the prime candidate for an apology.  But the way this show goes, ANYone could end up in fallout and deserve a "sorry."  Has there ever been a show with so many people capable of mayhem and murder?
Singly, That would work - Emily having the ability to work from the shadows.  That would be interesting, too.  I suppose she could go into one of her many disquises again.   

I saw a spoiler that speculated that the shooter might be Daniel, Charlotte, or Jack.  I definitely can't see it being Jack.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:45 pm

Let me change my original speculation from murder to attempted murder. I don't like the idea of Emily working from the shadows. I don't want the boys (Aiden & Nolan) out front as she masterminds behind the scenes. I like "Amanda" hiding in plain sight. The best part of Revenge is her interactions w/those she's deceiving.

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:23 am

LOL, miecies.  I forgot that this doesn't actually happen until the END of the season.  Plenty of time for interaction before she goes over the side.

They ran the promo on TV last night.  I hadn't realized it was a boat she fell from.  So, question is:  Whose boat?  And who would be invited to the party at sea?

They also showed a clip which looks like Conrad drops dead at a lawn party.  Helicopter overhead.  Gunshot or heart attack?

This oughtta be fun!

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 am

singlyme wrote:I forgot that this doesn't actually happen until the END of the season.
Actually Emily getting shot and going over the boat is the famous fast-forward scene Revenge is known for. That's the first scene we will see in e1 and then we rewind and work our way to it in e10. Episode 11 will be the reveal and the winter finale. We come back in March to finish out the season with the next batch of 11 episodes. 

btw, both set of 11 episodes will air with no breaks! Yay!

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:40 pm

miecies wrote:Let me change my original speculation from murder to attempted murder. I don't like the idea of Emily working from the shadows. I don't want the boys (Aiden & Nolan) out front as she masterminds behind the scenes. I like "Amanda" hiding in plain sight. The best part of Revenge is her interactions w/those she's deceiving.
I'm with you regarding Amanda being "in plain sight."  I think it makes the show all that much more interesting.  I really don't see how it could work with Emily in the shadows, and Aiden working alone.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:42 pm

singlyme wrote:LOL, miecies.  I forgot that this doesn't actually happen until the END of the season.  Plenty of time for interaction before she goes over the side.

They ran the promo on TV last night.  I hadn't realized it was a boat she fell from.  So, question is:  Whose boat?  And who would be invited to the party at sea?

They also showed a clip which looks like Conrad drops dead at a lawn party.  Helicopter overhead.  Gunshot or heart attack?

This oughtta be fun!
It has to be the wedding boat, since she's in her wedding dress.  I can't see her running around in her wedding dress before the wedding.  Maybe it's Daniel that shoots her, or maybe there's a stowaway like when faux Amanda got shot.  It could possibly be Victoria since she doesn't want them to get married.
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMoon Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:48 pm

miecies wrote:
singlyme wrote:I forgot that this doesn't actually happen until the END of the season.
Actually Emily getting shot and going over the boat is the famous fast-forward scene Revenge is known for. That's the first scene we will see in e1 and then we rewind and work our way to it in e10. Episode 11 will be the reveal and the winter finale. We come back in March to finish out the season with the next batch of 11 episodes. 

btw, both set of 11 episodes will air with no breaks! Yay!
With this as the winter finale, I can only imagine how great the season finale will be!Smile  Or, are they maybe planning in case the show doesn't make it past the winter finale because of lack of viewers?  That would mean, of course, that they haven't finalized the winter finale yet and are leaving their options open.

If Emily would die, the show would essentially be over - at least as far as I'm concerned.

No breaks? WOW! As they say, "my heart be still"!Smile  I am definitely looking forward to no breaks!Smile Excited
BlueMoon
BlueMoon

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:41 pm

BlueMoon wrote: Or, are they maybe planning in case the show doesn't make it past the winter finale because of lack of viewers?  That would mean, of course, that they haven't finalized the winter finale yet and are leaving their options open.
No, season 3 will definitely have 22 episodes. Once the renewals and the schedule have been released they play it out unless the ratings are just dismal and that's really only in reference to pilots or mid-season replacement shows. The only time we will possibly see a short season for Revenge is on the last season but with its success (international viewing, book tie-ins, soundtracks etc.,) inspite of s2 ratings drop it will be a full season. They're going to milk this cow.

If you remember during season 1 of Revenge, ABC studios only ordered 13 episodes of the show. It was only after its success that they went back and ordered the back 9. They've been a full season show since.

Last edited by miecies on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:06 pm

I'll be one happy camper without breaks!!  I didn't realize there'd be so many episodes.  I'm smiling.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:39 pm

It appears a slight change in the airing schedule. Now they're saying limited interruptions.

REVENGE
Premieres: Sunday, Sept. 29, with limited repeats and preemption
Returns from Winter Hiatus: March 9 (the same night that Resurrection replaces another freshman drama,Betrayal, in the Sundays-at-10 slot)

Taken from ABC 2013/2014 Schedule

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 am

It's not that I mind the winter hiatus.  It's the preemptions that get annoying - especially when it's week after week until you've forgotten what last happened.

Twenty-two episodes kinda-sorta makes for two seasons in one year.  For now, I'll stay focused on that positive angle.  LOL.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by miecies Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:59 am

New extended promo. Enjoy!

miecies

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:34 am

All I have is a box with an X in it.

singlyme