Season 23 - Week 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 23 - Week 6 Empty Season 23 - Week 6

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:37 pm

Here is ABC's Press Release for week 6:

Nine Remaining Celebrities to Perform a New Dance for Latin Night, on ‘Dancing with the Stars,’ Monday, October 17

THE NINE REMAINING CELEBRITIES WILL EACH PERFORM A HOT NEW DANCE, AND PITBULL IS SET TO PERFORM AND GUEST JUDGE, AS LATIN NIGHT SIZZLES ACROSS THE BALLROOM, ON ‘DANCING WITH THE STARS,’
MONDAY, OCTOBER 17
At the End of the Night, One Couple Will Be Sent Home

“Episode 2306” – The nine remaining celebrities ready themselves for one of the hottest nights in the ballroom – Latin Night – with each celebrity performing either a rumba, salsa, samba, paso doblé, cha cha or Argentine tango, on “Dancing with the Stars,” live, MONDAY, OCTOBER 17 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

The night kicks off with Pitbull performing his hit song “Greenlight,” featuring Flo Rida and LunchMoney Lewis, then each celebrity will go on to perform a captivating and alluring Latin dance. 

Pitbull will also join Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough at the judges’ table as a guest judge.

At the end of evening, one couple will be eliminated from the ballroom competition. 

The couples will dance to the following songs (in alphabetical order):

Marilu Henner & Derek Hough – Cha Cha – “Echa Pa’lante” by Thalia

Laurie Hernandez & Valentin Chmerkovskiy – Salsa – “Light It Up” by Major Lazar featuring Nyla & Fuse ODG

James Hinchcliffe & Sharna Burgess – Rumba – “Need the Sun to Break” by James Bay

Calvin Johnson Jr. & Lindsay Arnold – Argentine Tango – “Hotel California” by Eagles

Terra Jolé & Sasha Farber – Paso Doblé – “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” by Santa Esmeralda

Jana Kramer & Gleb Savchenko – Argentine Tango – “Hands to Myself” by Selena Gomez

Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke – Salsa – “La Negra Tiene Tumbao” by Celia Cruz

Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev – Samba – “Mas Que Nada” by Sergio Mendes featuring The Black Eyed Peas

Amber Rose & Maksim Chmerkovskiy – Cha Cha – “Bla Bla Bla Cha Cha Cha” by Petty Booka

Hosted by two-time Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron and Erin Andrews (sports host and ”Dancing with the Stars” season 10 finalist), “Dancing with the Stars” is the hit series in which celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which are judged by a panel of renowned ballroom experts, including dancers/choreographers Bruno Tonioli, Carrie Ann Inaba and Julianne Hough. 

For week six, viewers may cast their votes for their favorite couples via phone on Monday night during and up to 60 minutes after the end of the “Dancing with the Stars” broadcast in each time zone. Online voting at [url=http://www.abc.com/ /t _blank][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Facebook at [url=https://apps.facebook.com/votedwts/ /t _blank][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] open for 24 hours, beginning from the start of each episode on the East Coast at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT and closing at 8:00 p.m. EDT/5:00 p.m. PDT on Tuesday evenings.

“Dancing with the Stars” is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Rob Wade, Ashley Edens-Shaffer and Joe Sungkur are executive producers. Phil Heyes directs. “Dancing with the Stars” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG, L parental guideline. 

About BBC Worldwide Productions 

BBC Worldwide Productions is a key business under BBC Worldwide North America, the U.S. division of the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC), BBC Worldwide.  Based in Los Angeles, BBC Worldwide Productions develops and produces scripted and unscripted projects based on BBC formats/brands for cable and broadcast networks, as well as digital platforms. Key titles include “Dancing with the Stars” (ABC), “Getting On” (HBO), “Top Gear” (History), the limited series “The Night Of” (HBO) and the upcoming game show, “Hypnotize Me” (FOX).

ABC Media Relations 

George Zaralidis 
(818) 460-7920
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amber Brockman
(818) 460-7093

Nate Reeves
(818) 460-6422

Jeff Fordis
(818) 460-6676

Downloadable HD video clips will be posted to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] approximately 9:00 p.m. PDT. 

Photography will be available at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] at [url=tel:(818) 460-6611](818) 460-6611[/url].

Share: http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/?p=259096

Facebook[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Twitter: @DancingABC, #DWTS  

Instagram: @DancingABC

Vine: @DancingABC @ABC_Publicity 

SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Season 23 - Week 6 Empty Re: Season 23 - Week 6

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:31 pm

Been waiting for that, thanks SLA.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Lesallee wrote:Been waiting for that, thanks SLA.
You're welcome and I look forward to James and Sharna's Rumba and Calvin and Lindsay's Argentine Tango!  It should be a fun night.  Smile
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:36 am

Ryan Lochte has been growing on me, but I suspect he's going to struggle with a salsa.  I'm not sure he can get loose enough for that.  Which, given his kind of 'frat boy' persona, you would think would not be a problem. 

Should be a good night, but can we stop with Pit Bull?  Is he the only Latin artist in the world these days?  All his songs sound the same to me.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:46 am

James looked like one of the pros.  I'm getting the feeling he might be the final one.  He has beautiful arm movement.

Again, something seemed off with Laurie.  Can't put my finger on what it was.

Even though Gleb's choreo was good, that tango seemed to have Jana measured and calculated.  I noticed a number of times she seemed a little behind and slightly awkward in leg placement (wrapping).

For me, Ryan didn't do that well this week and Maureen carried an expression that looked like a deer in the headlights.  Not so good.  She may be next.

The lifts that Calvin did were nothing less than amazing.  While dancing, he seems a little stiff in the upper back and shoulders.

Terra is fascinating to watch and I don't mean that in a bad way.  I liked it better than the judges did.  This is the first time the height difference was so obvious.  Sasha has previously minimized it.

It puzzles me that Amber uses her body as a symbol yet also appears so easily offended.  Her feelings have been hurt every week.  Perhaps it's good for her that they were eliminated.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 am

Singly - I think this week may be the biggest disagreement we've had over dances. 

I really hated that rumba from James.  < lol >  I agree he has beautiful arm movement, and I'll be surprised if he's not one of the final 2, but I thought his leg movements were not good - very abrupt instead of flowing - and I didn't see any of that rumba hip action that's supposed to be there.  Maybe I'm just naturally biased because I don't generally care of the rumba done by the celebs anyway, but I told my husband as they were finishing to watch - I was sure the judges would praise it to the skies because I really didn't like it.  Seems par for the course for me.  And that's just what happened.  I mean it didn't stink - but I wouldn't have given it anything more than 8s and 9s.  A 10?  Yeah, no way.  Not for me anyway.

And I actually thought Ryan did pretty well.  I had expected him to really struggle with the salsa, and while it most definitely could have been better (and that bit with the body paint and knee pads was a bit weird), I thought it was one of his better efforts.  Possibly because I had such low expectations going into it?

And I thought Laurie did really well.  I understand what you mean about a bit "off," I kinda felt that as well.  But not in a way that made me think she didn't do really well with the dance itself.  I think maybe she still felt uncomfortable with the hip shaking but she was going to give it her best shot anyway? 

For the rest, I think we agree.  Jana/Gleb was nice choreography, but I wasn't wowed by it.  And I could have done without the "Flashdance" scene at the end.  That's all I could of when I saw that.  < lol >  No way did I think that deserved a perfect score.  Maureen did better than I expected, but there was a weird expression on her face, and I hated that headdress she was wearing at the beginning.  So much better when she took it off.  I thought Marilu was okay -- good but not great.  Terra is definitely interesting, but I didn't like this dance much, and I think it's because the height difference was so obvious this time.  She gave it a great try, and I applaud the effort, but the dance felt really off to me.  I love the paso, and this just didn't cut it for me, although I thought Sasha came up with a very creative way to get Terra into the dance.  Smile  Agree about Amber.  I'm so tired of watching her cry.  Maks can be an ass, but I really didn't think he was being one with her.  She just seemed overly sensitive to everything.  I think that was the right call to go home this week. 

Calvin -- All I can say is that cartwheel lift was absolutely positively unbelievably incredible.  That looked effortless on both their parts, and it was so perfectly executed.  For me that was the dance of the night, and I can't believe they put him in jeopardy.  I find it hard to believe that he was really in the bottom two.  And if he was, there's something seriously wrong with the DWTS viewing audience.  I'm expecting him to be at least in the final 4, if not final 3.

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:12 am

LM I totally agree with you about Calvin and have given him votes the last two weeks.  That lift was absolutely positively unbelievably incredible and he did it so perfectly that it did look effortless.  He continues to improve each week and always maintains such a wonderful attitude which I can't say for some of the others.  Calvin continues to win me over each week.

I really did like James dance and he got the votes from me this week along with Calvin.  I don't necessarily like to split up my votes but these are the two that I really want to see advance.  James also seems to keep a positive attitude each week and he seems to listen and put his all into his performance.

Marilu showed me nothing this week and Maureen seemed to slide backwards as well.  I thought that Ryan did a very good job and thought that the pants could have stayed on - the knee pads were really unnecessary but I thought his dance performance was his best so far.  I did not care for Terra's dance at all and thought that she was over scored - I didn't think she deserved any 8's and should not scored as high as Ryan.  JMO  Jana's dance was okay but I wasn't over the top with it like the judges were.

I do agree that something does not seem the same with Laurie and I don't know if she peaked too soon or if she is just getting worn out between the DWTS practicing and the tour she is on with the other gymnasts.  It seems some of the fire is gone or something is missing now.

I was glad that Amber was the one to be eliminated - I would have been devastated if it had been Calvn.   I just never warmed up to Amber or her attitude and rather felt sorry for Maks trying to teach her the dances.  It seemed that Maks was really trying and Amber wasn't into it and IMO it made Maks look like he was not as good a dancer as he was with Meryl.  The way she just walked out on him during the training really irritated me.  I hope Maks does not come back again - this turned out to be a disaster for him IMO.
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by singlyme Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:23 am

SLA, I'd LOVE to see Maks again.  Seems he took a few anger management sessions during his hiatus.  I thought he did well with a woman who would've aggravated most.  This season it's Artem who's kind of losing his cool, though I admit Maureen seems to be frustrating.  I think she may be the next to go.

A little part of me is rooting for Marilu to stay a while.  She's sixty-five, has a gorgeous body and her flexibility and stamina are a wonder.  Her attitude is great.

mustang, for me, Laurie doing well is perfection.  Up to the paso, she was.  Then, and now this week, she hasn't quite rung that bell.  Perhaps I expect too much from her after seeing her early performances.  She looked like a pro in those.  I'm sure she'll rally.

singlyme
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyMustang65 Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:30 pm

SLA - If I heard Cheryl correctly, the knee pads in Ryan's dance was because of him kneeling on the floor and catching her.  It was to protect his knees - would have been painful to do that final move without them.

Singly - Maks has said he does not want to come back next season.  It will be shortly after his son is born, and he doesn't want to be away from him for several months at that time.  He said he's looking forward to the whole daddy thing - diapers and all.  Which I think is really sweet.  But I would like to see him come back again at some point.  SLA - I think you're right that Amber wasn't into it.  I saw (part of) an article yesterday I think where she said she regretted agreeing to do the show.  She apparently enjoyed working with Maks, but she said she's really a rather shy person, and the constant attention and demands of the show were more than she had anticipated.  So it sounds like it was a good time for her to go.

Singly - I agree that Artem seems to be losing his cool, but I wonder if it's actually him or if it's just the edits they've been getting the past couple of weeks.  We never get any context, so we don't know where in the week it's coming or whether that was the 387th time Maureen had started to cry.  I like her, and I think she's been doing fairly well, but she seems like she'd be exhausting to work with.

Singly - I agree Laurie has not done as well the past couple of weeks as she did at the beginning.  But I still enjoy the heck out of watching her dance.  Smile

LadyMustang65
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:46 am

I guess I missed what Cheryl said and I can see a need for them but white?  Couldn't they have at least matched the color of his shorts?  I know that is pretty nit picky but the white just really stuck out to me like a sore thumb (or knee).
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:02 pm

SLA44 wrote:I guess I missed what Cheryl said and I can see a need for them but white?  Couldn't they have at least matched the color of his shorts?  I know that is pretty nit picky but the white just really stuck out to me like a sore thumb (or knee).
Oh dear, SLA, more than just the colour stuck out in Ryan's shorts!

Shock Shock Shock
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Lesallee wrote:
SLA44 wrote:I guess I missed what Cheryl said and I can see a need for them but white?  Couldn't they have at least matched the color of his shorts?  I know that is pretty nit picky but the white just really stuck out to me like a sore thumb (or knee).
Oh dear, SLA, more than just the colour stuck out in Ryan's shorts!

Shock Shock Shock  
LOL  Laughing   Laughing
SLA44
SLA44
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top