Team Amber and Maks

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Team Amber and Maks - Page 2 Empty Re: Team Amber and Maks

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:03 pm

LadyMustang65 wrote:I love Maks.  So happy to see him back.  I HATE that haircut, though.  Shudder!  Way to ruin a handsome man.  Whoever did that to him should be shot.  :\

yeah i get the hair in "stylish" but i don't like it.....and i have never liked the beard....though i know some love it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:04 pm

oh forgot Maks now writing a blog while on the show

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/13/dancing-with-the-stars-premiere-maksim-chmerkovskiy?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:04 pm

Heard a couple things today about Amber that left me with an uneasy feeling. She is reportedly saying DWTS is rigged and the winner was decided in advance, Laurie, she  alleged. 

Then her latest podcast is racy to say the least. Her sexual preferences are entirely her own business but she's pretty in your face. 

I'm sorry the return of Maks is with her because I have crossed her off my pull for list.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:38 pm

Lesallee wrote:Heard a couple things today about Amber that left me with an uneasy feeling. She is reportedly saying DWTS is rigged and the winner was decided in advance, Laurie, she  alleged. 

Then her latest podcast is racy to say the least. Her sexual preferences are entirely her own business but she's pretty in your face. 

I'm sorry the return of Maks is with her because I have crossed her off my pull for list.
Lesalee, I don't vote for her, but I hate it when folks get a bad rap based upon lies, so let me put this out there for whatever it is worth...

RE:  The "DWTS is Fixed" allegation:  Gossip Cop investigated this RadarOnline claim and determined that it was 100% false.  RadarOnline often makes stuff up to promote their own income.  Inquistr does the same.    Other tabloids then pick up their stories and next thing you know, the false story is everywhere citing "anonymous sources".  You can read more about this in the link below.

RE: The story about the three-way that she did not enjoy, though, is how Amber Rose makes her living.  She is supposed to have a show where there is frank talk about sex -- meaning, sensationalistic talk about sex, and this is one of her most recent stories about her personal experiences.  Is it true?  Maybe.  But it could also be totally made up to titillate the masses and build up an audience.  

The tabloids want to paint her as the "bad girl" who is dancing with the "bad boy" pro.   Then they create a scenario where the "bad girl" throws hate onto the "good girl" of the show. They are stirring the pot.

GossipCopArticle
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:44 pm

The podcast wasn't about a three-way. It was sleazy enough to turn me off her. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:17 am

She was an exotic dancer earlier in her life, so she is no stranger to sleaze, and like I said above, that is how she makes her living. 

I think her whole purpose of doing DWTS was to fashion a new public image that was different from the sleaze jobs she has and has had, and Maks is allegedly trying to help her with it.

But I guess she is shooting herself in the foot by continuing the sleaze stuff while she is trying to create a more wholesome image.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:24 pm

Well, how original and surprising it would be if Laurie won.  I wonder how many times a gymnast has won as opposed to not winning when they are on. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakma Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:45 pm

Actually,she says she wants to bring attention to woman's issues.She says that because women don't stand up for their rights enough they are often victims.She is probably right and if she can draw attention to the causes of women that could be a good thing.

I can see where she would know first hand about prejudices and misconceptions about people because of a choice made once in their lives.I hope she gets a lot of attention for her causes and her foundation.

I don't know her at all but I think she and Max will make a great team.   
Oakma
Oakma
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:05 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Well, how original and surprising it would be if Laurie won.  I wonder how many times a gymnast has won as opposed to not winning when they are on. 
Shawn Johnson was the only one; in her original season with Mark. NFL-players and figure-skaters so far have more mirror ballls than the gymnasts.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:11 pm

That's what it is.  People who are Olympic gold medalists.  It is kind of true that you know who might win from the beginning. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:That's what it is.  People who are Olympic gold medalists.  It is kind of true that you know who might win from the beginning. 
Sorry Glitters, I don't think so. Evan Lysacek didn't win. Nastia Lukin didn't. And so on. On the other hand, neither Amber Riley nor Donnie Osmond ever won an olympic medal- at least, as far as I know.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:44 pm

There must have been no Olympic gold medalists or football players on when they won.  Lol!  Well, Nastia didn't seem to be very well liked. 

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:02 am

Oakma wrote:Actually,she says she wants to bring attention to woman's issues.She says that because women don't stand up for their rights enough they are often victims.She is probably right and if she can draw attention to the causes of women that could be a good thing.

I can see where she would know first hand about prejudices and misconceptions about people because of a choice made once in their lives.I hope she gets a lot of attention for her causes and her foundation.

I don't know her at all but I think she and Max will make a great team.   

I agree.

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:29 am

Glittersisgld wrote:There must have been no Olympic gold medalists or football players on when they won.  Lol!  Well, Nastia didn't seem to be very well liked. 
Looked it up just for fun. Season 9, that Donnie won with Kym, featured Olympic swimmer Natalie Coghlin (10.), snowboarder Louie Vito (8.), and NFL player Michael Irvin (7.). On Amber's season 17, NFL player Keyshawn Johnson was eliminated first- with my lovely Sharna, unfortunately. Finally Nastia: on Season 20, NFL player Michael Sam was eliminated third with our sweet P., and Nastia herself was surpassed by an Army-veteran and two actors/ singers. Rule no. 1: there is no guarantee for the win just because you're an athlete. Even grandmaster Derek has won with artists (Nicole, Jennifer, Kellie, Amber) rather than with athletes (Shawn, Amy, Nastia). I was surprised myself, but these are the facts. 
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Glittersisgld Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:46 am

Well, so maybe there is hope.

Glittersisgld
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:24 pm

Glittersisgld wrote:Well, so maybe there is hope.
Hope was on season 13. I'm sure Maks prefers Amber.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:42 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:Well, so maybe there is hope.
Hope was on season 13. I'm sure Maks prefers Amber.
LOL
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:26 pm

DeadManDancing wrote:
Glittersisgld wrote:There must have been no Olympic gold medalists or football players on when they won.  Lol!  Well, Nastia didn't seem to be very well liked. 
Rule no. 1: there is no guarantee for the win just because you're an athlete. Even grandmaster Derek has won with artists (Nicole, Jennifer, Kellie, Amber) rather than with athletes (Shawn, Amy, Nastia). I was surprised myself, but these are the facts. 
True.  Derek has never won an MBT with an athlete.  On the other hand, Mark won both of his MBT's with Olympians.

I don't really see Laurie having a lock on this season's win like the public seems to think. There is more to winning than just being adorably cute and a great dancer.  People get bored if they think someone is "one-note".  People don't vote if they think someone is too good to need their vote.  The winner, especially in these last few years, has been someone who has managed to connect to the audience in a very real way either as a person alone (like Rumer, Nyle, Alfonso) or as a part of a couple (like Maks / Meryl), or both (Bindi / Derek).  It is that connection that motivates viewers to vote.  Folks at home have to feel something like "I really want to help them win" before they do their part. And frankly, I think it is way too early to guess who will succeed best at doing that. 

It would not surprise me if Laurie came in third.
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:05 am

Totally agree, Psychee! Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:17 am

Babs2147 wrote:Totally agree, Psychee! Smile

So do I!
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 pm

Maks!!! What a get up, I loved it. 

Amber was marginally better, she will get more comfortable I'm sure. 
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Hopefully!!! :-)
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:36 pm

Definitely more of a Waltz than the Corbin and Karina version of that theme. Still not enough for Len- not even from Maks!? Amber is still holding back too much. Just throw yourself into it girl, and do it now.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by therealdfshary Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 pm

Hope that they step it up next week. You rock
therealdfshary
therealdfshary
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:17 pm

therealdfshary wrote:Hope that they step it up next week.  You rock

I agree I like them, I've watched their dance a lot!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top