The Hinchburg Chronicles

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 10 Empty Re: The Hinchburg Chronicles

Post by suebob16 Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:01 pm

Oh absolutely.  They are my team this season too.  I just tend to be a worrywort.  Smile
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Just watched James SI report. Unfortunately my reply box editor is missing so I can't put a ding dang thing on here beyond small print! They had just finished rehearsal at 10:30 at night.

I know, sue, I worry too. I am starting a mantra, James and Sharna will win, and every time I start questioning I will repeat that mantra. Can't hurt!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:55 pm

James and Sharna will win!!! Yay!

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:53 am

October 12, 2016
Sharna Burgess' 'DWTS' Blog: 'Everything Magically Came Together'

The Hinchburg Chronicles  - Page 10 Sharna-james-825x580
ABC
Sharna Burgess is our “Dancing with the Stars" guest blogger this week. Check out her post below!
“Most Memorable Year” is always one of my favorite weeks on “Dancing with the Stars.” I love getting to know our celebrities and finding out something special about them and their story. I usually need a box of Kleenex from start to finish, and this season was no different.

I was incredibly proud of James. It was a tough week putting our tango together, and not because he was not learning, but because I was not producing choreography that I thought was strong enough. I have to be honest and say that I was changing choreography on him right up until Sunday, and he handled it like a champ. I, of course, put the pressure on him because I wanted to make sure this dance emulated James’ story.

Usually I have contemporary for “Most Memorable Year,” so it was very different for me to have a tango and try to tell the story while having to stay in frame. Everything magically came together the night of and James performed beautifully. He blew away the judges and we almost got a perfect score, but more importantly we got OUR highest score yet. We were an amazing team on Monday and it was an honor for me to choreograph that piece for James.

Heading into Week 6, it is Latin night, which means we need to get the hips moving and the sexy face happening. We have the rumba and I love our song, it is very romantic and sexy in its own way. I have decided to go very authentic, ballroom competition in our costumes. It is going to be a great night.

It was amazing to not have to lose anyone this week, but someone is going home next week and we need votes more than anything!

Thank you for all the love to everybody that is voting and supporting us. You guys are amazing. #TeamStopNGo, we are going to keep making you proud!
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 am

Sharna is a perfectionist and with James she has a very willing and able accomplice. They are such a good team, things just mesh for them. James, in his SI report jokingly referred to Sharna as "the boss".

James and Sharna will win!!!!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 am

What a beautiful photo of the team!  How interesting that Sharna wants to present it in traditional ballroom competition fashion.  Will Len be back on Monday?  He will appreciate their approach, and maybe that is the idea. 

James and Sharna will win!  Cheer
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:41 am

There is no mention of Len coming back in the ABC Publicity release, suebob16.    I'm sort of expecting him to come out of a coffin on Halloween saying "I'm back!" like he did two years ago. 

As for the authentic rumba ballroom costumes... well, they are hotter than hot, so I don't think she needs Len for a reason to go there...  Very Happy
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:21 am

I forgot that Pitbull is going to be there next week, so yeah, Len probably won't be there.  

Got a question.  If James does win, will he appear on the tour?  I'm guessing it's not a requirement for the mirrorball winners, although I can imagine that they are encouraged to participate (and of course get paid for appearing).
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:37 am

WoW!!!  What an amazing picture. That one needs to go on the wall during the finals!!! Very Happy  

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:33 am

Great picture! Smile

James and Sharna will win!!  King Queen
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by peebeeb Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:14 am

Love this team.

Sometimes I think JH likes playing the "bad cop". They should have had a 10.

James and Sharna will win!
peebeeb
peebeeb
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by bailadora Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:08 pm

Looking forward to another Ricardo appearance. Using an alter-ego may be the best way for James to perform a sexy rumba and not have problems with his sweetheart. A significant portion of the public also has a hard time understanding that two people can perform a very romantic dance with each other and not be in a relationship. I prefer the alter-ego solution to the fake showmances. Good luck this week Ricardo!

bailadora

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Couldn't figure out how to post a tweet here, but Sharna tweeted a post from a fan who posted a crossword puzzle entry from a Toronto newspaper.

Across #24:  "Ms. Burgess (Pro-dancer who is #5-Down's partner on "Dancing with the Stars")"
Answer:  "Sharna"

Down #5:  "As per #24-Across. . .James ___ (IndyCar driver from Oakville, Ontario who is on the current season of "Dancing with the Stars")"
Answer:  "Hinchcliffe"

Sharna responded:  "Omg this is awesome!  Look Ma!  I made it!!!"

The puzzle even got their names to intersect at the "h".  Smile

Yay!
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:31 pm

I just hope Ricardo is doing better than Ando...
Good to hear the equipment is fine. So we can assume James has
the balls to dance the steamy Rumba that Bruno will be looking for, which should include the connection Carrie Ann is after. Finish your arm extensions James, get those hips going and drag your feet to take the wind out of Julianne's sails. Pitbull is somewhat unpredictable, but surely this guy has his own opinion. Part of it will depend on how he likes the song.
Sharna has absorbed everything the judges had to say about their expectations for a certain dance style over the years, so I don't expect points will be deducted for choreography or content. James is used to leaving nothing to chance; that's a question of survival in his job. This should be their first perfect score. If not, something's rotten in the state of Denmark.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:47 am

DeadManDancing wrote:I just hope Ricardo is doing better than Ando...
Good to hear the equipment is fine. So we can assume James has
the balls to dance the steamy Rumba that Bruno will be looking for, which should include the connection Carrie Ann is after. Finish your arm extensions James, get those hips going and drag your feet to take the wind out of Julianne's sails. Pitbull is somewhat unpredictable, but surely this guy has his own opinion. Part of it will depend on how he likes the song.
Sharna has absorbed everything the judges had to say about their expectations for a certain dance style over the years, so I don't expect points will be deducted for choreography or content. James is used to leaving nothing to chance; that's a question of survival in his job. This should be their first perfect score. If not, something's rotten in the state of Denmark.

Oh brother, you crack me up!!!     Thanks for saying what I was thinking!!!   Betta you say it than me!! Laughing

Cheer   TeamStopAndGo Will win!!! 

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm just exploring the limits, you know. Took it from Hinch.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:54 pm

As we wait for Latin Night--a few videos just for fun:

Helio and Julianne do their Rumba (Florence Henderson is in the audience too)

James talks about how he got started in racing and some of his feelings post crash

Additional content from James' and Sharna's interview with ET Canada
http://etcanada.com/video/763139139934/james-hinchcliffe-talks-dancing-with-the-stars/

James and Sharma FTW!  High five
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by kincaid53 Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Thanks Sue for a great walk down memory lane from a former MBW to the next MBW!!!
         TeamStopAndGo will win!!!!!!! Fireworks

kincaid53
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:18 pm

You find and deliver lots of goodies for us, sue. Thanks.

James and Sharna will win!
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:08 pm

We haven't been too great with our mantras in the past- except last season, of course. First I thought I'd better take it week by week, but what the heck, let's hope Nyle and Peta gave us the momentum. James and Sharna will win- ommmmmmm.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Lesallee Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:36 pm

I'm having eye surgery tomorrow morning so by show time I will be a one eyed jack and that one eye isn't that efficient. So I am depending on blow by blow descriptions from everyone. I will have to read them with a magnifying glass I guess.
Lesallee
Lesallee
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by suebob16 Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:05 pm

Eye checkups--I've always hated the times when when they would use those drops to dilate the eyes on me.  It always seemed like hours before the effect finally wore off.  I'm sure you'll do fine on your surgery though, and I hope you will feel comfortable enough to enoy the show.
suebob16
suebob16
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadManDancing Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:14 pm

Best of luck sis, my thoughts are with you. Whatever you need, count on your Chongie family.
DeadManDancing
DeadManDancing
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychee22 Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:49 am

I feel for you, Lesallee.   I helped my Mom through four eye surgeries - two for cataracts and two for torn retinas.  Though my heart was a 'thumpin' at the thought of what she was going through, she came out of all of them humming, saying that it wasn't so scary at all, so I hope your experience is the same. 
Psychee22
Psychee22
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Babs2147 Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 am

Good luck with your eye surgery, sis.  I do hope you can make it to the annual "Latin 
Night" celebration at the St. Petasburg Inn tomorrow night.  All you have to do is
shake your hips and enjoy the Mexican food.  I'll be generous this year and let you have the first whack at the pinata. Smile
Babs2147
Babs2147
Power User

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 23 ... 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum